IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

On 11/2/2022 at 1:00 AM, marmalade said:

So, he made it up. Why am I not surprised? 🙄

Because he’s a hysterical Biblical Baptist, among other descriptions .

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

John posted a "day in the life of your Zambian missionary" and described it as a "tome". He's not wrong.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221220_195038_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1523d46488b491121079dfa96f86efc9.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_195051_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1df7eebd26bb4ead52c58effa7b69267.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_195404_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4c0b7e748b0fadc3fdbee240342a9bf0.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_195416_Chrome.thumb.jpg.45525a6692ed5ad84c6bf1cd048496a7.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_195432_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1f418d0ecb2b1ceea10aed9465d9dfd3.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_195448_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ef56554e781e6ae8e0101943852501e.jpg

Tl;dr: John ran some errands and is trying to convert some more people.

He also posted a kind of cute picture of his kids.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221220_200016_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f45e165e8d0df4df34c621a9501697be.jpg

Hoping 13 is the final count.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10

John tries so hard to make us believe he is living in the bush. He is living now n a thriving town not far from a bustling large city. Born a plonker always a plonker. John, it’s CAPITAL not capitOL. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

John tries so hard to make us believe he is living in the bush.

Ha ha!  I was reading his struggles out and about in the bush, then realized he was actually running errands to a dry cleaners, jeweler, and optician.  😆 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

Ha ha!  I was reading his struggles out and about in the bush, then realized he was actually running errands to a dry cleaners, jeweler, and optician.  😆 

He also talks about how hard it was to find a dry cleaner, get his special lenses from South Africa, get a new diamond chip for his wedding ring (which he made a point of saying he’d worn across so many states and countries), etc. All of this, including the traffic, would be a hassle in the US, just a different kind of hassle. John, you got your dry cleaning in one day. I know of no dry cleaners in my major metropolitan area that will turn around in one day without a hefty premium on already inflated prices. 

He did mention they visited a training program that Enoch is interested in. Curious what kind of training. Of course they used the meeting to pass out tracts. 

• Upvote 11

On 12/20/2022 at 3:01 AM, Ozlsn said:

He also posted a kind of cute picture of his kids.

When I look at that photo I see children with no future and no plan for them to have a future.  I hope Enoch's "training program" will provide him with a substantial skill.  Hopefully, it's an indicator that Enoch doesn't consider grifting and annoying people for Jesus the skill he needs to move forward in life. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, gustava said:

What does he need dry cleaned ?  Jeez o pete 

His Sunday go to church suit. Gotta look dapper this big white missionary to sub-Saharan Africa aka work shy idle not wanted back in the USA by his genius daddy (who knows his son is useless) because said Daddy would end up having to support useless missionary and his off spring. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

Oh, no! He’s posted a poem. Not sure how to attach a link, but it’s as long and histrionic as all the others, 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, postscript said:

Oh, no! He’s posted a poem. Not sure how to attach a link, but it’s as long and histrionic as all the others, 

Can you (or someone) post the pome? Shrader blocked me years ago.🙄

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

I have a friend I've never met,

(No, not the Lord above)

God let us meet across the seas

This Brother I've come to love

Though never met in person,

I count a dear dear friend

For he has likewise paid the price,

From Truth unwilling to bend

It cost him in Romania,

He refused corrupt version to use

And again in another "Mission",

But feared not what he would lose

Then God through trials did bring them,

Back to America's shores

Where again the Lord allowed him,

To suffer for Truth some more

He preached without fear or favor,

Carnal people with pride rebelled

He challenged their superstitions,

And they quickly him dispelled

Another church likewise dying,

He tried that work to serve

But when Bible Truth presented,

Some twisted, resisted and swerved

So rather than cause a showdown,

He sought God's Leading clear

And quietly resigned though still loving,

And moved on Seeking those who'll hear

My Brother's been greatly mistreated,

Lied to and about from "God's Man"

But Bro. Rick not gotten bitter,

He lives by Faith in God's Plan

He has lived by Faith like George Muller,

Not fundraising or asking for things

He believes the Words of Jesus,

Matt. 6:6's Truth in his life is seen

He doesn't seek fame or fortune,

Or trying other men to please

He simply wants to please Jesus,

And loves Christ's Glory to be seen

He faithfully shares the Gospel,

Seeking the Souls lost in sin

He has gone to the highways and hedges,

Compelling and inviting them in

You may not know my Brother,

I'm not sharing this him to raise

I'm just thanking the Lord for His friendship,

That together God's Faithfulness we praise

He has prayed for my wife and children,

Shown love with his wife for our crew

And it means so much to tell you,

That he also prays for me too!

There are things I cannot tell you,

But The God Who Sees All Knows

That this Brother is truly faithful,

As he onward for Jesus goes

And though never we've met in person,

I count him a friend so dear

And because of his stand on the Bible,

One day I know he will hear

"Well done My faithful servant,

Enter My Joy to stay"

Those words from the lips of Jesus,

So precious to hear Him say

And all the trials and heartaches,

Will fade and disappear

And forever we'll Glorify Jesus,

For through Christ in Spirit we are near

One day I'll meet my Brother,

Here, there or in the Air

But today I thank our Saviour

For each one of Rick's faithful prayers

I share this not to praise him,

Or glorify a man

I share and hope to encourage,

As he's faithful to God's Word and Plan

Bro. John Shrader

27 Dec., 2022

Zambia

I'm not good at posting from other sources, or at using spoiler tags. Hopefully this works. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 6

Maybe daddy is getting mad (or his church is having difficulties with tithes) and St Shrader thought a pome would do the trick!

(Bummer neither his mother nor Esther has ever done anything poem-worthy. Oh wait! They’re just women!)

• Upvote 5

I'm laughing because, like some of you, my mind immediately shouted, he wrote a POME, not a poem. 

Summary of Bro Shrader's POME:  John's found a fellow missionary who has managed to alienate more people than John and John is IMPRESSED. 

Apparently, "Rick" has been ousted from numerous churches, burned a church or two to the ground (metaphorically) and been shown the door in at least one country.  Rather than contemplating that "Rick" is a bat-shit crazy fanatic who alienates virtually everyone he meets, John is celebrating that "Rick" is standing firm in the face of persecution and won't compromise on Biblically pure teachings. 

There's a subtext that John himself is persecuted yet perseveres in the face of  challenging issues, like finding one-day dry cleaning in The Bush a flourishing semi-urban area.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

35 minutes ago, Howl said:

Apparently, "Rick" has been ousted from numerous churches, burned a church or two to the ground (metaphorically) and been shown the door in at least one country.  Rather than contemplating that "Rick" is a bat-shit crazy fanatic who alienates virtually everyone he meets, John is celebrating that "Rick" is standing firm in the face of persecution and won't compromise on Biblically pure teachings. 

Yeah.  A "Rick" responded to the post with thanks.  I looked him up and he seems to have been a missionary in Romania until some time in the spring of 2021.  He's been located at different places in the US and is currently in Texas.  Like John, he frequently posts that he's prayed about needing things (a bed, new tires, etc.) and God has provided them without him having to beg for money.  He appears to be about John-level crazy.  He's married but I don't see any kids and he's KJV Bible only and loves to put up quotes by George Muller.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, gustava said:

Anyone know who it’s about?  Isn’t his father named Rick?  But it’s someone he says he hasn’t met.  Weird.

His wee imaginary friend! Has anything been heard/mentioned about the older couple who are supposed to get joining him? 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

His wee imaginary friend! Has anything been heard/mentioned about the older couple who are supposed to get joining him? 

They're coming soon! They had their last service at their home church before going to Katy, and they posted their first prayer letter on Dec 6th.

Spoiler

623286827_Screenshot_20221230_131116_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.726dc973727e126a26fea64f58223d08.jpg

They are, most fortunately, much less fond of highlighting than John. They don't actually go to Zambia until 6th June, so not entirely sure what they're doing in Texas first - deputation? I find this whole process so weirdly fascinating.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I’m just so confused why they go around to mission conferences as speakers before even having been on mission. Don’t you usually speak on something you’ve done/experienced/researched?

Edited by tanba
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, tanba said:

I’m just so confused why they go around to mission conferences as speakers before even having been on mission. Don’t you usually speak on something you’ve done/experienced/researched?

I know that the couple visited John a few months ago.  I imagine that they're just in these churches parroting what John told them to say about Zambia and his "team" at "TeamZambia TBBC (Scripturally and Solely Sent by Tri-County Baptist Church, Katy, Texas) in Kafue, Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa".  After all, John is an "Historic Biblical Baptist Local-Church Sent Missionary"!  If the new guy steps out of line and tries to preach something that isn't totally KJV Bible aligned, John will set him straight pretty quickly.  In other words, the guy is out trolling for more support money from little churches.  The grift goes on.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

"Historic Biblical Baptist Local-Church Sent Missionary"! 

I always read this is Histironic and it totally fits :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic