IGNORED

2020 Election Results 3: The Longest Episode of Democracy Ever

Destiny

22 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

They oughta build him a Truman show White House.

My 15 year old son laughed his head off at this comment and so did I.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

My cousin who attended the Trump rally in NC a couple weeks ago is ranting about how these votes have to be fake since no one came to Biden rallies and Trump has huge crowds of cheering people. Someone attempted to explain that Biden purposely had small rallies because of Covid but she is still in denial. 

LOL, sports teams don't win or lose based on the size of their crowds, neither do politicians. Votes count. Rallies are just fluff. (Covid-spreading ego boosting liefests of fluff, in this case.)

I'm not going to completely relax about this until the inauguration, because I know Trump is going to do his level best to cause as much chaos as possible between now and then.

But I'm cautiously optimistic now. Go Georgia and PA! 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 13

ABC News still has Biden at 253.  (and I've been going with the more conservative projections - because I don't want to get my hopes up and then have them crushed - yes, I'm still praying)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 6

Just checked my News app and the AP is apparently still holding out, but have changed GA, PA, and AZ to "leans Biden". So close. Please let this be done soon!

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Ugh this feels like that Colorado Avalanche/Florida Panthers Stanley Cup final 0/0 tie game that went into like 4 overtimes. But far less enjoyable. (Avs won, on a shot from Uwe Krupp!)

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I'm quietly horrified that Trump has received 6.6 million (so far) more votes than he did in 2016. WTF, people?

THIS. This is what shocks me the most. After 2016, I attempted to convince myself that Trump's election was an aberration. It was just because Hillary was so disliked, and people wanted someone who would "shake up the system," and they thought that after the election he would start acting "presidential."

Okay, but now, after watching his behavior for 4 years? How on EARTH could anyone vote for him again?! He is an absolute disaster and a national embarrassment! I will never, as long as I live, understand this. I read a quote from someone (and I cannot remember who for the life of me) who said people vote for him because "he hates the same people they hate." That just makes me unbearably sad.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 34
  • Love 5

Ugh. I don't know how you guys stand it. I feel physically sick with anxiety just watching from the other side of the pond. Also, I'm genuinely impressed with Joe Biden's ability to stay calm and optimistic.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I’m a Canadian on the verge of tears so I can only try to imagine how deep your feelings of relief must be. I hope the reduction of stress helps all of you to sleep deeply and feel better.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, GeraldineGrainger said:

Okay, but now, after watching his behavior for 4 years? How on EARTH could anyone vote for him again?! He is an absolute disaster and a national embarrassment! 

I suspect many of those new voters didn't vote for him the first time around. Some of course weren't old enough to vote and have been indoctrinated by Trump worshiping parents, but some of them probably just didn't vote at all last time around. But now, they want to feel involved and like part of the team or something I guess, and since Trump has talked about nothing but the election for most of his tenure in office, they decided to actually do it this time around.

I still wish there was a fair way to test competence before allowing people to vote. Or at least before allowing them to run for office!

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Botkinetti said:

I’m a Canadian on the verge of tears so I can only try to imagine how deep your feelings of relief must be. I hope the reduction of stress helps all of you to sleep deeply and feel better.

My tarot card for today is 4 of Swords - rest and recuperation. Sounds about right.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 12

I have a relative who was a paid employee for Hillary in 2016. She has friends inside the Biden campaign. She told me yesterday they had the numbers for PA and it would flip late last night or this morning. The lead would continue to grow and that a Biden speech was being planned accordingly. So breath everyone. It’s over. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 8

Remember Turley? The expert the trumplicans had for their side during the impeachment hearings?

• Haha 13

19 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Ugh this feels like that Colorado Avalanche/Florida Panthers Stanley Cup final 0/0 tie game that went into like 4 overtimes. But far less enjoyable. (Avs won, on a shot from Uwe Krupp!)

I enjoy a close football game, even when the team I'm rooting for loses, because everyone played the game and tried their best.  

But this election feels like when I was a kid and watched professional wrestling with my family.  One wrestler would cheat and the in-ring judge would always be looking away when it happened.  I would be incensed and the adults would laugh.  Eventually they told me it was a fixed fight, but I couldn't understand why it was considered a sport if the winner was chosen in advance.

This election feels like Trump and his cohorts are cheating in the ring, and they're expecting the judge to look away.

Don't pretend that this is a real contest and then cheat to win.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

He better not try and come to Scotland, we don't want him. 

The insults Scotland has for him always make me smile. I love the term bawbag, but it sounds funny with my accent. :laughing-rollingred:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

The insults Scotland has for him always make me smile. I love the term bawbag, but it sounds funny with my accent. :laughing-rollingred:

My favourite is Cockwomble (apologies if this has been posted before):

FE474CAD-F09E-4532-873A-2BD9EB4BC5E7.jpeg

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 5
  • Love 8

Hopefully we end it today.

image.png.fc0b5566138d36b583423ef67c732807.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 4

How many vote are we still waiting for in PA for it to be definitive?

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

How many vote are we still waiting for in PA for it to be definitive?

There are still 163K ballots to count. When that’s done it will be definitive.

• Thank You 8

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic