IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

So they believe it was god that made the tornado that hit their bus but he also protected them from it. If god made a tornado that made their bus tip over, why aren’t they interpreting that as god wanting them to go home? Oh that’s right. Because they use the Bible and their religion to justify whatever they please.  

82EFB8D5-EF46-42E8-87A5-672F0395910D.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I'm glad no one was hurt. I can understand thanking God no one was hurt. 

They don't say God sent the Twister, but they did say Lord giveth and the Lord taketh when the barn burned down last year.  (No one was hurt then either.) 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm glad no one was hurt. I can understand thanking God no one was hurt. 

They don't say God sent the Twister, but they did say Lord giveth and the Lord taketh when the barn burned down last year.  (No one was hurt then either.) 

Fundies believe god created everything. Including the weather. 

• Upvote 10

On 29/1/2021 at 2:18 PM, anachronistic said:

In my experience really happy people don’t need to tell you that they’re happy, they show it.

Exactly! Nurie Rodrigues and Nathan look happy and radiant, and very comfortable with each other. Both are shy (as Jeremiah seems to be), but cannot hide their happiness. Allison and Jeremiah don't show that on pictures.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

God only sends destructive weather to punish countries for having the gays & abortion.

It’s all so stupid. Don’t they ever realize they can interpret a natural event like a tornado/snow storm/hurricane in about a million different ways? I wish these people would truly question all of these things but they were taught not to. So it’s unlikely.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s all so stupid. Don’t they ever realize they can interpret a natural event like a tornado/snow storm/hurricane in about a million different ways? I wish these people would truly question all of these things but they were taught not to. So it’s unlikely.

Many European areas are not affected by extreme natural events. No tornados, no heavy earthquakes, no tropical storms etc. There are disasters sometimes (Earthquakes in Italy, floods in Central Europe etc), but generally speaking there are less big natural disasters here than in America. It would be so funny to say that God protects a low-religious land! But it's just geology... What a pity that fundies don't study science.

• Upvote 11

55 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Many European areas are not affected by extreme natural events. No tornados, no heavy earthquakes, no tropical storms etc. There are disasters sometimes (Earthquakes in Italy, floods in Central Europe etc), but generally speaking there are less big natural disasters here than in America. It would be so funny to say that God protects a low-religious land! But it's just geology... What a pity that fundies don't study science.

If we went by that, then the US would be a country god must really want to take his wrath out on! We have so much crap. Tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, droughts, forest fires. 

• Upvote 11

I live 20 minutes from where that tornado touched down, and it destroyed my late grandmother’s old neighborhood. If you follow their twisted logic, I guess god didn’t care enough to take care of the one person who died: a 14 year old boy. They make me so sick.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Interesting that their wedding seems to take place in Iowa and not in Praise's native Minnesota.

• Upvote 6

So Chelsy is the only Bontrager sibling not in the wedding party.. that must feel a bit awkward lol. I guess since she lives in Kansas she hasn’t interacted much with Praise.

Spoiler

4C16156A-077D-4C44-8C7A-40E9E1BA5DC9.thumb.jpeg.dbf3f6dacc7850e494a5f94f0e030f7a.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Chelsy is the only Bontrager sibling not in the wedding party.. that must feel a bit awkward lol. I guess since she lives in Kansas she hasn’t interacted much with Praise.

Hide contents

4C16156A-077D-4C44-8C7A-40E9E1BA5DC9.thumb.jpeg.dbf3f6dacc7850e494a5f94f0e030f7a.jpeg

Joshua is the best man? Yuck. He’s the worst one. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

It's interesting that the wedding website was written and created by Denver ("My first time giving Praise flowers."  "First time ... with my girl.").

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Interesting that their wedding seems to take place in Iowa and not in Praise's native Minnesota.

I noticed that too. Then I realized it’s probably because Minnesota has stricter COVID restrictions than Iowa. ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I noticed that too. Then I realized it’s probably because Minnesota has stricter COVID restrictions than Iowa. ?

That and it’s probably colder there in March. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Iowa has far fewer restrictions than Minnesota. Also, they are more of an "on your honor" system - where they say things like social gatherings are permitted as long as health measures are put in place or other worthless words. Minnesota gives strict numbers & precautions. Basically, they can do whatever the hell they want in Iowa but would be restricted by the ebil gubment in Minnesota. 

I only know this because my sister's boyfriend lives in Iowa & they do a lot of stupid shit when she's there compared to when they're here - and they spend more time there than here because they can do all the stupid shit. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, MomJeans said:

It's interesting that the wedding website was written and created by Denver ("My first time giving Praise flowers."  "First time ... with my girl.").

That website definitely looks like it was put together by a kid.  (I don't know the groom's age, but he looks young.)

The manure pic is so romantic as someone above already pointed out.  I would not want my daughter anywhere near the Bontrager element.  She deserves way better than that :)    Praise doesn't know any better sadly.  

• Upvote 5

Do you imagine that Praise gets pregnant before Allison? I predict several posts about the joy of being childfree, as an opportunity to focus in each other and why God has His perfect timing.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Caroline said:

That website definitely looks like it was put together by a kid.  (I don't know the groom's age, but he looks young.)

The manure pic is so romantic as someone above already pointed out.  I would not want my daughter anywhere near the Bontrager element.  She deserves way better than that :)    Praise doesn't know any better sadly.  

Denver turned 21 in December. Praise is 25.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s the age difference for me. If he was older it wouldn’t be weird. I couldn’t imagine marrying someone they much younger than me when they are supposed to be my authority figure. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joshua is the best man? Yuck. He’s the worst one. 

No Marlin is the worst and in the south asking your father to be your best man is normal. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Praise is 26.

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic