IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 4: How Much Longer?

GreyhoundFan

Do a rally instead? Do undecided voters actually show up to a candidate’s rally? You’ve already got your base locked up, wtf is a rally going to accomplish other than making Covita happy?

• Upvote 9

My conspiracy theory is that Trump is way too sick to attend any sort of a debate. He couldn't last 90 minutes without gasping for breath. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

There are a couple of reasons why Trump doesn't want to debate Biden

- he knows he will lose

- he doesn't want to answer questions about his taxes
 (Who are you indebted to, and what effect do they have on your decision making?)

- he can't breathe properly

- or worse, he is actually too ill to debate

- all of the above

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Becky said:

I hope they hold it anyway and give all the time to Biden. Won't happen, of course, but canceling would also be fine - President Oompa-Loompa won't get his chance for "ratings" or headlines or fawning praise from Fox for his masterful debating skill, and Joe can go on with his low-key do-no-harm campaign, noting that it isn't happening for one reason and one reason only - the President refuses to take Covid seriously.

Yeah I would love for that to happen where Biden answers questions without a bloviating Fuck Nugget shouting over him.  Fuckopotomus would only have himself to blame. They invited him and he turned it down so....Bed. Made. Lie. 

• Upvote 8

I was going to post the article from Yahoo but you already covered it. there was a fantastic line in there about Trump not wanting to be muted. Hmmm..... Of course to his base the loud ranting over Biden when it was biden's turn to give an answer is just like giving raw meat to the lions. They ate it up.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 10/5/2020 at 6:48 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

Saying his life experience of having Covid is similar to the other 35.3M people globally who have gotten it.

I can't believe they're trying to spin it positively, that Trump got Covid. 

There are a good 210,000+ Americans whose "life experience" ENDED due to the virus.

I just want Trump to hang on through the election. Let us vote him out, then Covid can have him, or he can run crying to Putin, or whatever. I think Brazil still has a thing where the father of a Brazilian child can't be extradited. I think a few criminals have fled there and quick knocked up someone so as to avoid extradition - I wonder if the Trump family knows about that. I could see Don Jr. or Eric keeping that as a backup plan just in case. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Do a rally instead? Do undecided voters actually show up to a candidate’s rally? You’ve already got your base locked up, wtf is a rally going to accomplish other than making Covita happy?

This is another example of Trump's lack of long term thinking and the damage living in a bubble has done to his campaign. If he had been around people who were realistic with him, he would understand that he needs to get the undecided voters or the people who don't particularly care for Biden and can be swayed. And he would understand that those people were very turned off by his screaming during the last debate. Sulking and saying he doesn't want a mute button just turns off more voters. It makes him look like a very weak bully who melts down when told no. 

Trump is truly his own worst enemy. Even some of the Trump fans I know admitted that they would have liked a mute button and that he shouldn't have talked over time limit so much. Trump has no idea that people are starting to get tired of him. 

But I do think that one big factor in wanting to get out of the debate is that he is so weak from Covid and he physically couldn't handle it. He might be able to be trotted out in a brief and carefully coordinated way to wave at fans and "prove" he is healthy, but I really don't think he could handle and extended amount of time answering difficult questions. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

But I do think that one big factor in wanting to get out of the debate is that he is so weak from Covid and he physically couldn't handle it. He might be able to be trotted out in a brief and carefully coordinated way to wave at fans and "prove" he is healthy, but I really don't think he could handle and extended amount of time answering difficult questions. 

This more than any other thing is closest to the truth, if you ask me. Those images of him gasping for breath are shocking. He is not well. 

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm waiting for real life fuck face to not be able to do much of anything and cgi fuck face to be trotted out complete with Jon McNaughton style enhancements.  Of course they'd have to figure out how to do his little Nazi/Klan rallies with cgi fuck face.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

This is another example of Trump's lack of long term thinking and the damage living in a bubble has done to his campaign. If he had been around people who were realistic with him, he would understand that he needs to get the undecided voters or the people who don't particularly care for Biden and can be swayed. And he would understand that those people were very turned off by his screaming during the last debate. Sulking and saying he doesn't want a mute button just turns off more voters. It makes him look like a very weak bully who melts down when told no. 

Trump is truly his own worst enemy. Even some of the Trump fans I know admitted that they would have liked a mute button and that he shouldn't have talked over time limit so much. Trump has no idea that people are starting to get tired of him. 

Is it possible he is trying to lose? Genuine question. He's always been stupid and weird, but in 2016, he took the "shamelessly promise people all the things" route. This is the exact opposite of that. 

Sending everyone a stimulus check right before the election with his name on it would be one of the best things he could do for his reelection chances. And seems like would feed his ego as well? So why wait till after the election? Especially with Biden promising more if he's elected?

Pulling out of the debate makes him look weak and petulant to undecideds, and hurts the "Biden has dementia" narrative, since Biden is ready and willing to debate 

Then again, he might be so hopped up on drugs, he's now self-sabotaging crazy. Rather than just his usual crazy. Or like you said, trying to cover his health situation. 

He's just such a dark horse. Bush's campaigns could be underhanded and shameless, but they made sense in terms of the final goal. 

Btw, the Trump campaign has basically pulled all ads out of the Midwest. They just don't have the money. Good thing there's no key swing states there...

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Btw, the Trump campaign has basically pulled all ads out of the Midwest. They just don't have the money. Good thing there's no key swing states there...

Yeah here in Iowa it'd be really nice if Fuck Face's drones Ashley Hinson and Senator Breadbags McCutyernutzoff would pull their ads too. 

One nice thing about November 4 is that the ads will be gone for a while and hopefully by 2022 there will be some actual reforms in place regarding ads. 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

s it possible he is trying to lose? Genuine question. He's always been stupid and weird, but in 2016, he took the "shamelessly promise people all the things" route. This is the exact opposite of that. 

IMO he has moved to the threatening people to get them to vote for him stage of desperation. It is like when he kept telling his base that he will never speak to them again if he isn't elected.  He seems to basically say that he will work on a stimulus after the election, implying that he better be voted back in or he won't do that and people will have to wait till January or February to get much needed help. He is holding this as a threat over people's heads, if they want assistance this year, they have to vote for him. 

Trump doesn't have a plan and he never has. The grand promises worked in 2016, but now his promises for a new health care plan in "two weeks" or to have large parts of the wall finished by the end of this year just seem silly to anyone who isn't in his cult. Trump doesn't know how to adapt and change his strategy, he just keeps doing what he has always done even when it obviously isn't working. 

25 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Pulling out of the debate makes him look weak and petulant to undecideds, and hurts the "Biden has dementia" narrative, since Biden is ready and willing to debate 

I really think he is actually too weak to attend the debate, but he can't really admit that. In his mind it is better to pretend that he could totally go to the debate, he just doesn't want to. But taking away Covid, he knows that his only strategy is to talk over people, if that is removed he won't know what to do. Even his advisors have to know that 90 minutes where Trump gets muted for half of those would result him him losing it and the world watching as he is muted but obviously having a massive screaming tantrum. It would not be a good look for him at all. 

30 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Btw, the Trump campaign has basically pulled all ads out of the Midwest.

Wish they would pull them out of NC. I'm so tired of seeing ads and getting flyers.  My inlaws got what looked to be a personal letter from Melania along with a check for $45. This wasn't a check for them, though. It was this thing where they were supposed to write their own $45(or larger!) check and mail it with this check back to the address. They were so confused because they really thought Melania had mailed them a check. My husband had to take them to the bank and get the teller to explain they couldn't deposit it. They still don't really understand why they got the check. 

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1

34 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

IMO he has moved to the threatening people to get them to vote for him stage of desperation. It is like when he kept telling his base that he will never speak to them again if he isn't elected.  He seems to basically say that he will work on a stimulus after the election, implying that he better be voted back in or he won't do that and people will have to wait till January or February to get much needed help. He is holding this as a threat over people's heads, if they want assistance this year, they have to vote for him. 

Trump doesn't have a plan and he never has. The grand promises worked in 2016, but now his promises for a new health care plan in "two weeks" or to have large parts of the wall finished by the end of this year just seem silly to anyone who isn't in his cult. Trump doesn't know how to adapt and change his strategy, he just keeps doing what he has always done even when it obviously isn't working. 

I really think he is actually too weak to attend the debate, but he can't really admit that. In his mind it is better to pretend that he could totally go to the debate, he just doesn't want to. But taking away Covid, he knows that his only strategy is to talk over people, if that is removed he won't know what to do. Even his advisors have to know that 90 minutes where Trump gets muted for half of those would result him him losing it and the world watching as he is muted but obviously having a massive screaming tantrum. It would not be a good look for him at all. 

Wish they would pull them out of NC. I'm so tired of seeing ads and getting flyers.  My inlaws got what looked to be a personal letter from Melania along with a check for $45. This wasn't a check for them, though. It was this thing where they were supposed to write their own $45(or larger!) check and mail it with this check back to the address. They were so confused because they really thought Melania had mailed them a check. My husband had to take them to the bank and get the teller to explain they couldn't deposit it. They still don't really understand why they got the check. 

Isn't that like a Trump, giving people fake, useless stuff and trying to get real money back?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Even his advisors have to know that 90 minutes where Trump gets muted for half of those would result him him losing it and the world watching as he is muted but obviously having a massive screaming tantrum. It would not be a good look for him at all. 

No split screens either but record the Fuckmuppet having a tantrum to sell on PPV.  It would be entertaining to watch Fuckmuppet spinning impotently on the floor while adults talk but it would just distract from Biden to do a split scream.  The CPD could make lots of money selling Fuckmuppet’s temper tantrum on PPV. 

• Upvote 5

Biden is opting for a town hall instead 

After President Trump announced he would not participate in a virtual debate next week, Joe Biden's campaign released a statement Thursday that the former vice president would instead "find an appropriate place to take questions from voters directly."

"Joe Biden was prepared to accept the CPD's proposal for a virtual town hall, but the president has refused, as Donald Trump clearly does not want to face questions from the voters about his failures on COVID and the economy," said Kate Bedingfield, Biden's deputy campaign manager. 

"As a result, Joe Biden will find an appropriate place to take questions from voters directly on October 15th, as he has done on several occasions in recent weeks."

I wish Biden would have an empty chair there just to drive the fact that the Fuckmuppet is a coward. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Let me get this straight. He's not willing to have a virtual debate with Biden because it's a waste of time sitting behind a computer. But holding a virtual 'rally' is not. ?

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

My thought exactly.

I live too close to Washington to fully appreciate the karma of these losers getting it, since they're spreading it.  Won't be surprised if the numbers in my area show another spike soon.  They, their contagion, and their so-called morality should take a Space Force rocket to a uninhabited quarantine planet and stay there.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Oh that would be epic if he also caught the 'rona....

Those eyes were very telling. My husband said, “if he was merely tired, wouldn’t he have used Visine  before the debate? Did he look in the mirror?  What about mother? Wouldn’t she have made a Karen comment? Clearly too much time with hair products/anti-fly repellant and not enough attention paid to the red eyes. 

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic