IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 4: How Much Longer?

GreyhoundFan

12 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Trump, on the other hand, I cannot listen to at all. I will read news and recaps later.

I understand completely.  I'm giving it a try but doubt I'll last long.

And...ten minutes later I'm out.

Edited by Dandruff
Update
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Holy shit. Biden just told Trump to shut up.

Finally someone told him. He should have been told 4 years ago.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

5 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

Finally someone told him. He should have been told 4 years ago.

Four decades would have been better.

But, then, he's probably been told to shut up many times - he just doesn't comply.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I got to say, I found Trump awful. But he is the person I hate the most on earth (no joking).

But could Biden have come out stronger? I understand he was unable to EVEN put in one word, but I found myself wishing he would have been a bit more, I don't know, outraged? Maybe it would not have helped his cause in the end I don't know. Being mad and outraged maybe isn't a good strategy but I at least would have liked to hear a more ferm tone from him.

Is it just me?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

13 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

I got to say, I found Trump awful. But he is the person I hate the most on earth (no joking).

But could Biden have come out stronger? I understand he was unable to EVEN put in one word, but I found myself wishing he would have been a bit more, I don't know, outraged? Maybe it would not have helped his cause in the end I don't know. Being mad and outraged maybe isn't a good strategy but I at least would have liked to hear a more ferm tone from him.

Is it just me?

It’s not just you. I kept hoping that Biden would show more passion. I think Trump lost more than Biden won. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

My Trump-loving niece texted me that she gives the first debate to Biden.

I thought it was a train wreck, personally. Biden came off better than Trump but he looks old and not strong enough.

• Upvote 5

I think Biden did as well as anyone could against the constant interruptions and lies.  The moderator was mostly ineffectual.  Here's the thing - most voters are 100% decided, for one or the other.  Trump was his usual asshole self.  Too bad they can't shut off the mikes to stop interruptions.  Wallace should have been more in control.  My favorite moment:  When Biden told Trump to just shut up.  Echoed my thoughts exactly!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

I got as far as Biden telling Trump to shut up, and then I gave up.  This wasn't a debate.  It was a fucking disaster!  I have a feeling the next 2 debates won't go any better.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

As the debate was at 3 am over here, I couldn’t watch live. I love that Biden apparently told Trump to shut up. Haven’t seen that part yet though.

Did anyone notice Trump did a shout out to the Proud Boys? 

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 6

Yep, he said "stand back and stand by", basically encouraging violence.  And he would not say white supremacists were bad.  

Also claimed no Covid cases from his rallies.  So Herman Cain doesn't count.

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 8

Of course, Herman Cain doesn't count, as 45 is a major racist who hates anyone who isn't a white male.  That's why he said there were no Covid cases after his rallies. I couldn't watch much of the debate after Biden told him to shut up, as if a doctor saw my blood pressure during that moment, I'd end up on medication to lower it.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I got as far as Biden telling Trump to shut up, and then I gave up.  This wasn't a debate.  It was a fucking disaster!  I have a feeling the next 2 debates won't go any better.

Given Trump's record, I think he's probably better off avoiding debating than debating - and he knows it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Yep, he said "stand back and stand by", basically encouraging violence.  And he would not say white supremacists were bad.  

Also claimed no Covid cases from his rallies.  So Herman Cain doesn't count.

You know encouraging an insurgency against a lawfully elected government should come under treason, right?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

I only watched part of the debate because I was disgusted from about two minutes in. Before last night's mess, I said I wished the debate was virtual because then the moderator could mute both participants except during his allotted time.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Okay, we all need humor after last night's shitshow:

image.png.940854ff4753710b8a79d5588b420203.png

• Haha 21
  • Love 1

I didn't watch live - I just could not bring myself to do it.  Sounds like I didn't miss much.  Trump was Trump, tried to suck all the air out of the room - Wallace couldn't keep the debate under control - Joe didn't exactly cover himself in glory but didn't suck, either.  Did anyone expect any different?  At least Trump wasn't lumbering all over the stage like a deranged Frankenstein, looming behind his opponent like he did with Clinton. 

The vast majority of voters are NOT undecided this year, and if this debate is any example, they wouldn't get much hard information about how candidates stand on the issues.  I am hoping against hope for a blowout landslide against the current President but I know that is very unlikely - I just hope Biden can squeak out a win.

• Upvote 12

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic