IGNORED

Trump 48: Nobody Likes Me

GreyhoundFan

Somebody is attempting a clean-up again...

Looks like he conveniently forgot about his comments about McCain, saying he wasn’t a hero because he was captured— on tv.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

He also said all of this:

Spoiler

After McCain's death, Trump was angry when the late senator received half-staff flag honors, The Atlantic reported. Trump also told his staff of McCain, "We're not going to support that loser's funeral," sources with knowledge of the conversations told the outlet.

"What the f--- are we doing that for? Guy was a f---ing loser," Trump reportedly added.

The McCain family did not invite Trump or his family members to John McCain's funeral, but Trump's eldest daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, still attended. McCain's eldest daughter, Meghan McCain, later told late-night host Stephen Colbert that she did not know Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner were going to be there and wished they hadn't come.

Trump has drawn sharp backlash for his denigration of McCain's military service during the 2016 campaign. The former Arizona senator's plane was shot down during the Vietnam War and he was tortured by North Vietnamese forces for more than five years. He received the Silver Star for his heroism.

"He's not a war hero," Trump said of McCain in July 2015. "He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured. OK? I hate to tell you."

Last year, Trump appeared to imply that McCain was in hell during an appearance at the Faith and Freedom Coalition.

"We needed 60 votes" to repeal the Affordable Care Act, "and we had 51 votes," Trump said. "And sometimes, you know, we had a little hard time with a couple of them, right? Fortunately, they're gone now. They've gone on to greener pastures—or perhaps far less green pastures. But they're gone. I'm very happy they're gone."

Seven months after McCain's death, Trump complained that no one thanked him after he "had to" give McCain "the kind of funeral that he wanted" in Washington, DC.

"I don't care about this, I didn't get 'thank you.' That's OK," Trump reportedly said during a speech in Ohio. "We sent him on the way, but I wasn't a fan of John McCain."

Three sources also told The Atlantic that Trump described former President George H.W. Bush as a "loser" after his plane was shot down during World War II. Bush became the youngest naval pilot at the time and went on to fly a total of 58 combat missions, including one where he was shot down by Japanese forces.

White House communications director Alyssa Farah denied the claims made in The Atlantic's report and called it "offensive and patently false."

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

So this from Meghan McCain

Also Meghan McCain: Married to Ben Domenech, mega Trump apologist and ball washer, who tweeted disparagement of The Atlantic article that exposed Trump's anti-military remarks that his wife found so distressing.  So will Meghan McCain endorse Biden, who was a good and kind friend to her dad? No, not too damn likely while she's married to Ben.  I found this fabulously snarky article about Ben here: 

MEGHAN MCCAIN’S HUSBAND IS THE WIFE GUY OF THE YEAR  Ben Domenech, a corrupt and plagiarizing blogger, is a true pioneer of the type

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

So will Meghan McCain endorse Biden, who was a good and kind friend to her dad? No, not too damn likely while she's married to Ben. 

So this makes me think of the only concern I have about mail-in voting.

When I was teaching I made it a point to vote before school (before I lived in the state that is entirely mail-in voting) so I had my I voted sticker to wear all day. When the children would ask who did I vote for I would talk about how we have a secret vote here in the United States, which means I didn't need to tell anyone not my parents, not a husband or anyone else who I voted for. I would love for Meghan McCain to use this option to go into the booth vote for Joe Biden and then never tell her husband. A concern I have with mail-in voting is that dominant spouses would expect their spouse to sit down and vote right there in front of them. This is not paranoia- I've actually seen this happen in a couple.

Megan, you don't have to vote for who your husband once you too. Your vote is your own.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Now he's back to whining about straws:

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 1

I couldn't agree more. By remaining anonymous, they are giving Trump plausible deniability.

• Upvote 12
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 1

He's consistent in his lack of concern for veterans.

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1

Howard Dean is done with fuck face. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Capt. Sully Sullenberger, a veteran who volunteered for service, is on a tear:  9 tweet thread, but the heart of it is this: 

So yeah, Trump is not our favorite president. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 6

Sadly this won't have any impact on Trump supporters. The ones I know have claimed that there is no evidence, that these are just anonymous sources who made up stuff because news outlets pay them. I'm not sure what they would do if there was audio or a video of Trump bashing veterans, but they would probably excuse it. I'm convinced that this is a cult now and there is nothing he can do that will make them change their minds about him. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The ones I know have claimed that there is no evidence, that these are just anonymous sources who made up stuff because news outlets pay them

Like I said before, these sources are giving him deniability. If they really want things to change, they should speak out under their own name. It takes only one for the rest to follow. Who has the guts and true patriotism to publicly tell what they know?

Trump (and his minders) are still attempting to clean up the mess:

But as he is such a stable genius, he can't help but reiterate his attacks on McCain...

Also, is the wording of the first tweet a giveaway that someone else is typing? Or is he speaking of himself in the third person? He does want to be a monarch after all...

Edited by fraurosena
Merging. Again. Sigh.
  • Upvote 11

Wut? 

Imagine the new campaign slogans:

Vote Trump, the best asshole! 

We want the asshole for president!

There's no bigger asshole than Trump!

MAGA: Make Assholes Great Again!

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Sadly this won't have any impact on Trump supporters. The ones I know have claimed that there is no evidence, that these are just anonymous sources who made up stuff because news outlets pay them. I'm not sure what they would do if there was audio or a video of Trump bashing veterans, but they would probably excuse it. I'm convinced that this is a cult now and there is nothing he can do that will make them change their minds about him. 

I saw friends of a friends claiming there is no way it could be true last night. These people live in a different reality.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ali said:

These people live in a different reality.

They truly do. One of my friends was trying to explain to her mother that Trump golfs more than Obama and uses that as a way to funnel tax dollars into his own businesses. Her mom would just repeat that Trump says he doesn't golf a lot, my friend was mistaken, it was Obama who golfed. And Trump doesn't take a salary, he works for free. There wouldn't touch a single tax dollar. They have created a reality where Trump can do no wrong and I don't think there is anything that will get through to them. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Contrary to what you might expect, I'm not going to say anything about Trump golfing again and getting paid to do so because it's at his own golf course. I'm not going to point out, once again, that he's making his security pay for their stay, and for the golf carts to follow him.

Instead I am going to say is that his security really sucks. Because if a camera can take these shots from a considerable distance, then some idiot with a (long range) gun can too. 

• Upvote 13

24 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I'm not going to point out, once again, that he's making his security pay for their stay, and for the golf carts to follow him.

The American taxpayer pays for his security. And the rental on the damned golf carts.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Yeah of course this would happen at a fuck face boat parade 

Multiple 911 calls have been made regarding boats being in distress, some sinking at the ‘Trump Boat Parade’ scheduled for Saturday afternoon on Lake Travis, according to the Travis County Sheriff’s Office.

TCSO confirmed with CBS Austin that multiple boats have been sinking and are in distress.

The sheriff's office says calls have been made about boats along the entire route of the parade, some of the locations include: Paradise Cove, Emerald Point and West Beach.

At this time, there is not a confirmed amount of boats that are experiencing issues on the lake.

• Upvote 8

43 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah of course this would happen at a fuck face boat parade 

See...even the boats know Trump is a sinking ship. Too bad the captains of the boats don't know this.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic