IGNORED

Trump 48: Nobody Likes Me

GreyhoundFan

14 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah of course this would happen at a fuck face boat parade 

I..... laughed.  I am glad no one was hurt or killed, but honestly - is that not just perfect irony?  I hope it is a metaphor for his campaign.  

But really - how is it that ANYONE still supports this asshole?  My mind boggles daily. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Osama bin Laden’s niece is endorsing fuck face

A new report says that the niece of Osama Bin Laden, Noor Bin Ladin, says that if Donald Trump isn’t reelected, America could face more terrorist attacks. She lives in Switzerland but says she’s “an American at heart,” and that only Trump can prevent ISIS from attacking again.

According to the New York Post, Bin Ladin (who spells her family name differently from her uncle) lashed out at Islamic beliefs and praised “western civilization,” saying that only Donald Trump can save it.

She says that terrorism was allowed to flourish during the Obama administration. Her uncle was killed by the U.S. Navy’s SEAL Team 6 in 2011, during Barack Obama’s first term as President.

Sharing the NY Post story about herself, Bin Ladin declared America the “least racist country,” and described anyone who argues otherwise as enemies of the nation.

Lady your hero is on track to kill a 100 times the number of Americans your uncle did. 

• Upvote 7

On 9/4/2020 at 8:57 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

He's consistent in his lack of concern for veterans.

My husband commented that there is an "I love my ##-year military loser" thing going around among his Facebook friends and beyond.  He has friends and acquaintances on both sides of the political aisle, and says the Trump supporters are staying silent in this particular round of comments, but are also not stepping up to defend Trump on this issue. 

Not that Trump's slam on the military will have any effect on voting, but there are a lot of retired military that are really disgusted with his lack of concern and respect.   Just my observation as I'm drinking my morning coffee.

PS:  I love my 39-year (retired) military loser.  ❤️

• Upvote 8
  • Love 9

43 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

My husband commented that there is an "I love my ##-year military loser" thing going around among his Facebook friends and beyond.  He has friends and acquaintances on both sides of the political aisle, and says the Trump supporters are staying silent in this particular round of comments, but are also not stepping up to defend Trump on this issue. 

Not that Trump's slam on the military will have any effect on voting, but there are a lot of retired military that are really disgusted with his lack of concern and respect.   Just my observation as I'm drinking my morning coffee.

PS:  I love my 39-year (retired) military loser.  ❤️

I love all the military losers in my family.  Dad, uncles, cousins, grandpas, great aunts and uncles, and so on.

It really pisses me off what fuck face said because I have an uncle who is MIA in Korea and was likely killed over there.  Fuck face probably considers him a loser and sucker for getting captured.  So the orange fuckopotomus can go straight to the hot place as far as I'm concerned, and I don't mean Arizona.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

Sin and misery, yeah that's fuck face

Eric Burdon of the Animals is the latest artist to take issue with Donald Trump using their music without permission for campaign purposes.

On Wednesday, the Animals’ classic “House of the Rising Sun” played over the speakers at a Wilmington, North Carolina airport as Air Force One taxied down the runway en route to an appearance there. Video of the scene with the song’s usage was later disseminated on social media. The 1964 single had also been played at previous Trump rallies.

Burdon responded to Trump’s use of “House of the Rising Sun” in a pointed statement where the singer both criticized the president and threw his support behind the Biden/Harris ticket.

“Even though nobody asked my permission, I wasn’t surprised to learn that #Trump #864511320 used #Houseof theRisingSun for his rally the other day,” Burdon said in a statement. “A tale of sin and misery set in a brothel suits him so perfectly! Far more appropriate for this time in our history might be.”

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Trump didn't want to visit graves in France but he did decide to do some art "shopping".  (From Bloomberg.)

Spoiler

After Donald Trump’s planned trip to a French cemetery for fallen Marines was canceled in November 2018, the U.S. leader had some extra time on his hands in a mansion filled with artwork. The next day, he went art shopping -- or the presidential equivalent.

Trump fancied several of the pieces in the U.S. ambassador’s historic residence in Paris, where he was staying, and on a whim had them removed and loaded onto Air Force One, according to people familiar with the matter. The works -- a portrait, a bust, and a set of silver figurines -- were brought back to the White House.

The decision to cancel Trump’s visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery outside Paris is under new scrutiny after the Atlantic magazine on Thursday published a bombshell report that Trump belittled the American servicemen buried there, part of a broader history of disparaging certain people who’ve served in the military. Trump has vehemently denied making the comments about “suckers” and “losers” in the armed forces.

Never previously reported is Trump’s spur-of-the-moment art caper before leaving the ambassador’s residence.

The incident was met with a mixture of amusement and astonishment at the time, but caused headaches for White House and State Department staffers, according to several people familiar with the episode who asked not to be identified due to its sensitivity.

Chic Mansion

The story unfolded like this: While in Paris with other world leaders to commemorate the centennial of the end of World War I, Trump stayed at the official residence of U.S. Ambassador Jamie McCourt, the palatial Hôtel de Pontalba. The mansion, in Paris’s chic 8th arrondissement, dates to 1842. It has served as a flagship of the State Department’s “Art in Embassies” cultural diplomacy program, and is open to tours.

The president’s planned visit to the Belleau Wood cemetery was canceled when rainy weather grounded the presidential helicopter, according to a redacted email the White House released to rebut the Atlantic story. The U.S. Secret Service ruled out a motorcade for the 56-mile drive, according to two people familiar with the matter.

That left Trump with about six hours of free time in the ambassador’s residence.

The next day, Trump pointed out a Benjamin Franklin bust, a Franklin portrait and a set of figurines of Greek mythical characters, and insisted the pieces come back with him to Washington.

The People’s House

McCourt, the ambassador, was startled, but didn’t object, according to people briefed on the incident. Trump later quipped that the envoy would get the art back “in six years,” when his potential second term in office would be winding down.

The art, worth about $750,000 according to one of the people familiar with the episode, was loaded aboard Air Force One while Trump visited another cemetery before the flight back to Washington.

“The President brought these beautiful, historical pieces, which belong to the American people, back to the United States to be prominently displayed in the People’s House,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in response to questions from Bloomberg News.

Trump’s move prompted some hair-pulling and a furious exchange of emails back home between the State Department’s Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations and White House officials who organized the art transfer. Ultimately, because the art is U.S. government property, the move was deemed legal.

Purchase Policy

Trump, who once used his charity to purchase a large portrait of himself, is known to display in his private West Wing dining room mementos from various official trips and encounters. Over time that’s included a pair of shoes gifted by musician Kanye West and an Ultimate Fighting Championship belt.

A senior White House official said presidents are permitted to display personal gifts from Americans or heads of state while they’re in office, but must purchase them if they want to keep the presents after they depart.

The figurines that caught Trump’s eye found a new home on the fireplace mantel in the Oval Office. Depicting Greek gods, they date to the early 20th century and were made by Neapolitan artist Luigi Avolio, who was trying to pass them off as sculptures from the 16th or 17th centuries, according to London-based art dealer Patricia Wengraf.

Portrait Gallery

In an “Antiques Roadshow” moment, Wengraf described the figurines as “20th century fakes of wannabe 17th century sculptures,” and of little value.

The French art-collection episode comes with a curious footnote. After White House art curators examined the pieces Trump brought home, the president was told that the Franklin bust was a replica. He joked that he liked the fake better than the original, two people familiar with the episode said.

The Franklin portrait snagged from Paris was also a copy -- of the one Joseph Siffred Duplessis painted in France in 1785, which was then held by the National Portrait Gallery a mile from the White House.

The curators removed a different portrait of the founding father from the Oval Office and borrowed the original Duplessis from the gallery. That one now hangs in the Oval, not the replica Trump ferried out of France.

Figurines that he brought back to the US:

Spoiler

1023567461_Screenshot(1524).png.75e1696cb13375e6393cd2c5cd8f9c60.png

He really is an ass, isn't he?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 7

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Figurines that he brought back to the US:

Reveal hidden contents

1023567461_Screenshot(1524).png.75e1696cb13375e6393cd2c5cd8f9c60.png

He really is an ass, isn't he?

Here, I figured the  figurines would be copulating!

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

When I went to Peru last winter the last night there we were at a museum in Lima.  Got to the gift shop and I decided to grab a bunch of bookmarks for everyone at the office. Good thing I looked at the last second cause the ones I almost grabbed were of figurines copulating. Didn’t want to have that conversation with HR so I took a moment to find the more family friendly ones.

Same with the fridge magnets too. Wanted to get one for my mom but had to look cause some of them weren’t family friendly if you get my drift. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Or maybe eating hamberders and KFC.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

If that were the case, Falwell Jr. would be in the corner watching.

• Haha 18
  • Love 1

So much flop-sweat dripping from this tweet 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

No, but they do have a naughty side that I rather like:

Spoiler

2068325932_Trumpsfigurinescaptioned.jpg.d2f3c16ddbab12039ddb30a90212b1f0.jpg

• Haha 19

It’s not idle speculation anymore that there’s something not quite right with him...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

It’s not idle speculation anymore that there’s something not quite right with him...

This could also be him being extremely angry and wanting to say something but knowing he shouldn't so he stomps off in anger. I know someone whose temperament is a lot like Trump's and the video reminded me of times when they wandered aimlessly in anger when they were in a situation where they knew they absolutely couldn't react how they wanted to react. Trump's ability to control his temper is getting less and less. The debate is going to be interesting because if he isn't heavily sedated there is a strong change he will finally lose his temper on live television and say in public all the things he typically saves for behind closed doors. 

I do think that mentally he isn't doing well, but I also think we are seeing a man who has spent his entire life avoiding anyone who questions him and now he is being questioned constantly, every single day for the last several yeas and it makes him very, very angry. Self control isn't something he has a lot of. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Or maybe eating hamberders and KFC.

And washing them down with covfefe.

• Upvote 6

First you bungle the pandemic reaction, causing millions of people to lose their job, then you take credit for them going back to the same job they had before. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 6

"All the Trump books agree: He’s just as bad as you think"

Spoiler

More books have been written about Abraham Lincoln — some 15,000 — than about any other president, or even any other historical figure with the exception of Jesus. But no president has been the subject of as many books by disgruntled, disgusted, and horrified former aides and associates as Donald Trump. And more are coming.

The latest is from Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen, who in his soon-to-be-released book describes the president as “a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man.” In other words, everything we knew about Trump even before he was elected in 2016.

Cohen apparently gives some specifics to illustrate Trump’s character flaws, but none of it sounds all that revelatory. Nevertheless, it’s already No. 1 on Amazon. You can put it on your shelf next to “Melania and Me” by Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, “Unhinged” by Omarosa Manigault Newman, “The Room Where It Happened” by John Bolton, “A Higher Loyalty” by James Comey, “A Warning” by Anonymous, “Team of Vipers” by Cliff Sims and “Too Much and Never Enough” by Mary L. Trump.

That doesn’t count the many books written by journalists that describe the inner workings of the Trump White House, which inevitably contain shocking observations and quotes from people who work closely with the president. But none of them changes our fundamental view of Trump; the message one takes away is, “He’s as bad as you thought.”

Which of course means that the political impact of any of these books is likely to be minimal.

Contrast this with the reaction to Richard Nixon’s White House tapes. By the time they were released, most the public had concluded that he was, in fact, a crook. Still, they were shocked that a man so stuffy in public was, in private, prone to endless vulgarity. As Rick Perlstein describes it in his book “The Invisible Bridge,” everyone from Republican elected officials to establishment journalists expressed their horror at Nixon’s dirty mouth. Sen. Hugh Scott, the Republican minority leader, called it “deplorable, disgusting, shabby, immoral,” and syndicated columnist Joseph Alsop described his “sheer flesh-crawling revulsion” at reading the transcripts. The tapes told the country that Nixon was not precisely who they thought.

But nothing like that will happen here, because the picture the authors of Trump books provide for us only reinforces his public persona, despite the efforts of his advocates to assure us that there’s a hidden, empathetic Trump entirely unlike the one we see before us every day.

Just take the recent controversy over Trump’s reported comments disparaging veterans and those killed in war. Trump’s spokespeople can insist that he has only the deepest respect for military service, but no one is surprised to hear one report after another about the contemptuous comments he has made in private. We already knew that the notion of devoting your life to serving a higher cause is something Trump simply can’t wrap his mind around.

And while the books by journalists provide important documentation for the sake of history — and there are more of those coming as well — the polemics are far less likely to produce much that deepens our understanding of who this president is, even if they contain some interesting anecdotes. The exception may be Mary Trump’s: She offers some insight into the family dynamics that produced such a person, particularly the influence of Trump’s father, Fred, a cruel taskmaster who taught his son that caring for anyone but yourself was a sign of weakness.

Nevertheless, one has to marvel that one president could make so many people so horrified that they’d be moved to spend months writing down all the appalling things they witnessed when in his presence. You probably don’t remember all the similar books written by angry Obama officials and confidants, because there weren’t any. People who worked for our last president, it turned out, on the whole found him to be an honorable person who they believed did a good job.

There were a few books touted as “tell-alls” at the time, but in retrospect they’re almost comically gentle in their criticisms. For instance, Robert Gates, who served as secretary of defense, and Leon Panetta, who held both that job and director of the CIA, both wrote books saying Obama was too risk-averse when it came to the wars he inherited in Iraq and Afghanistan. That’s what passed for vicious criticism at the time; examining those books, the Los Angeles Times published an article in 2014 with the headline, “Obama still in office, but ex-aides’ books and claws are already out.”

In other words, the worst thing anyone who worked for Obama had to say about him was that they disagreed with some of the decisions he made. No one said he was corrupt or ignorant or erratic or cruel, or in any way unsuited to be president of the United States.

But that is indeed the judgment of one person after another who has been in Trump’s employ. And for all the time he spends working to create an image of boundless success and personal greatness, it isn’t news to anyone.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Trump really is the presidunce...

Ummmm #bunkerboy. That “lier” was your lawyer nimrod

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic