IGNORED

Covid ideas

I’m not sure if this is anywhere else on the forum, but how about a general thread with positive ideas of things to do during self isolation/social distancing/shutdown/the general disruption to our lives that is Covid 19?

A few things I’m doing apart from trying to find toilet rolls and clean out cupboards are:

- tonight I video messaged my sister in law - I was supposed to be visiting her 200km away this weekend, and although it’s still allowed, no way would I risk visiting her in case I’m incubating it.  We always play Yahtzee when I visit, so armed with glasses of wine and a set each, we played two games and chatted (I actually got 3 Yahtzee’s in one game, woo hoo).  

- yesterday I video messaged my little nieces and we played hangman, and they showed me their drawings.  It entertained them for a half hour. I’ll try to do that most days, which will also help my SIL who’s trying to work from home

- I’m emailing my 84yo MIL one question about her life each day, and she’s answering by email.  Eg today’s question was to describe the house and neighbourhood she grew up in.  Yesterday she described her dad, his work etc.  Tomorrow I’ll ask her what it was like going to school in wartime England.  My plan is to put it together with photos into a photobook for her 85th birthday in August.  

I’d love to hear more ideas!  One of my casual jobs is cancelled during covid and my other is always quiet this time of year, so I don’t want to just waste this time - it’d be so easy just to hibernate.

Edited by Karma
Autocorrect is crazy
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Oops, I should have checked before starting this topic .  There is already a sub forum for covid 19, so please don’t reply on this thread. Sorry mods!

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic