Coconut Flan

I really hate when people post things like that. It makes it sound as though they don't think black women know what they're doing when they get an abortion, or weren't smart enough to realise they were being 'tricked' into 'killing' their kids. ?

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I really hate when people post things like that. It makes it sound as though they don't think black women know what they're doing when they get an abortion, or weren't smart enough to realise they were being 'tricked' into 'killing' their kids. ?

It also completely ignores why a Black woman may choose to have an abortion. It's not like there's such a thing as institutional racism in the US that might lead to her being in a bad position to have a baby... But no, it's all Planned Parenthood's fault for being available for someone who is aware that they are not in a good place to raise a child.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

It also completely ignores why a Black woman may choose to have an abortion. It's not like there's such a thing as institutional racism in the US that might lead to her being in a bad position to have a baby... But no, it's all Planned Parenthood's fault for being available for someone who is aware that they are not in a good place to raise a child.

Exactly. None of these fundies care to look deeper. If they did, they could help to lower abortion numbers further. Abortion numbers are actually much lower than the 90s. Fundies attribute this to themselves and god. But it’s not them. It’s better access to affordable birth control and better sex education. Two things fundies hate. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

"See, racism isn't so bad compared to the thing that I'm upset about!"

To @AmericanRose's point, it's not unlike a lot of GOP outreach to Black voters, which is almost entirely based on the premise that Black people know nothing about history and politics and will blindly follow whichever party gives them money (because all Black people are on welfare, you see). And then they wonder why those arguments don't win people over.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Other posters have addressed TAM's deeply objectionable racism, and I totally agree with them.

I also object to TAM's comment about Margaret Sanger. Sanger believed all women deserved access to reproductive health services regardless of their beliefs and that's something I can get behind. Every woman, even these fundies with their revolting beliefs, should be able to access services that allow them to maintain their reproductive health and control their fertility.

My knowledge of Sanger's history is hazy, but I also seem to recall that she only addressed KKK women once. Am happy to be corrected on this point. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

I also object to TAM's comment about Margaret Sanger. Sanger believed all women deserved access to reproductive health services regardless of their beliefs and that's something I can get behind. Every woman, even these fundies with their revolting beliefs, should be able to access services that allow them to maintain their reproductive health and control their fertility.

My knowledge of Sanger's history is hazy, but I also seem to recall that she only addressed KKK women once. Am happy to be corrected on this point. 

She leant a lot of her efforts to the under priveleged because if you were rich and white you could afford a discrete doctor who could get you contraceptives or do a relatively safe abortion. She thought that it was important that all women, even those in the lower classes, needed to be able to control how many children they had. She thought birth control and abortions was the best way to stop back alley abortions, which is true. When she oppened a clinic in Harlem, it had an all black advisory committee and later had black staff.

Were a lot of the poorer people not white? Yes, but like you said: she addressed the women's auxiliary to the KKK about birth control too, though it's worth noting that the picture floating around on the internet is fake. It's fair to say she was a eugenicist, though, which is.... not great. 

Interestingly, she was personally opposed to abortions unless medically necessary and thought birth control was the best way to avoid the,

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

This Arkansas doctor is talking about anti-mask "resisters" generally but it feels like something TAM especially needs to hear. Why do all these crybaby conservatives think they're heroic freedom fighters when they're whining about being mildly inconvenienced? 20210727_163025.thumb.jpg.aec2aa58624db0068bc997a6267f0da0.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

15 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

This Arkansas doctor is talking about anti-mask "resisters" generally but it feels like something TAM especially needs to hear. Why do all these crybaby conservatives think they're heroic freedom fighters when they're whining about being mildly inconvenienced? 20210727_163025.thumb.jpg.aec2aa58624db0068bc997a6267f0da0.jpg

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an overlap of anti maskers and anti-semites. So this statement is probably correct on a couple of levels. 

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an overlap of anti maskers and anti-semites. So this statement is probably correct on a couple of levels. 

Semite here, and I can assure you, there is lots of overlap.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like TAM has a children's book coming out: https://shop.bravebooks.us/products/copy-of-little-lives-matter-book2

I saw another fundie post a link to a book by the same publisher, which appears to specialize in heavy-handed culture-war fables written by Newsmax contributors. TAM's book is about a bear that has a cub and thinks about abandoning it, which is of course exactly how abortion works 🙄

They also have books about how it's wrong to be trans and about critical race theory (can't wait to see how they make that into a bedtime story). God help any child whose parents decide to read them this dreck.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

• 2 months later...

If I took my kid trick or treating and we saw this house, I would say “let’s go” and get away from those people ASAP. What the fuck? These people really do think they are magic.

E4E893BE-667B-4F3E-AA59-2C2B434D56AF.jpeg

• Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, bea said:

WTF. Prophecy? HEALING?
Did she go Pentecostal?

She’s in this new cult called “SOLD Schools.” She attended a session of the school and was hooked. Now she’s a leader in the group. It’s lead by a Russian woman. Her name is on the shared Instagram posted. They remind me a little bit of Bethel because of their weird beliefs. 

• Thank You 1

• 7 months later...

Her daughter Charity has some interesting stuff up on Instagram and tiktok. Seems like she's moving away from the cult (and calling it a cult!)

On 1/31/2020 at 10:09 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

0B1B95A3-DDA8-46AD-BDB5-D33DB83484B8.thumb.png.9991b1a1c139cbfb51173f504dc7ab3f.pngE57347E1-4B5B-419A-BB27-3BA4AF878022.thumb.jpeg.c740c04391700c7cbb0de51560c98bd4.jpeg

don’t like abortion don’t have one. The laws of the United States don’t mirror those of the Bible. Jesus took away all of the laws and told us to follow the first two commandments. He said if we follow those all others will follow suit. 

Wonder if she's changed her mind on what the SCOTUS can do re Roe versus Wade?

20 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Her daughter Charity has some interesting stuff up on Instagram and tiktok. Seems like she's moving away from the cult (and calling it a cult!)

Can you screen shot for me? Or summarize? Because I could see her calling one a cult and then joining another cult. Her sister Anna is currently in a newer cult called “SOLD.” And TAM keeps saying she’s so proud. 

23 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I can’t find her Instagram for some reason. But I found her fb. It doesn’t have a lot of postings in the last 6 months. But from what I see, she calls herself a conservative Christian. She is also very much against purity culture and the idea that victims of sexual assault are to blame. Honestly if she keeps going in this way of thinking, she will probably end up a run if the mill Christian. I feel like this is how things end up when fundies start down this path of questioning and disagreeing with fundie teachings. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Can you screen shot for me? Or summarize? Because I could see her calling one a cult and then joining another cult. Her sister Anna is currently in a newer cult called “SOLD.” And TAM keeps saying she’s so proud. 

On her insta (iamcharityjohnston) she was posting stories the other day about how the bible doesn't prohibit contraception. Stuff like this on tiktok:

Screenshot_20220603-112149_TikTok.jpg

She often caveats to say that she's not criticizing her mom, but, you know, baby steps.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

On her insta (iamcharityjohnston) she was posting stories the other day about how the bible doesn't prohibit contraception. Stuff like this on tiktok:

Screenshot_20220603-112149_TikTok.jpg

She often caveats to say that she's not criticizing her mom, but, you know, baby steps.

Oh ya it’s going to be a long time before she can admit to herself, let alone social media, that her mom’s garbage beliefs harmed her or others. They still seem to see their dad as the villain and their mom the hero. When really their mom stayed with their father way too long and it harmed them. Charity was always the daughter that wasn’t a hate monger. She wasn’t the one constantly spreading nasty hateful bigoted views. I’m sure she believed those views. But she didn’t seem to like sharing them online as much as her mother and sister Anna. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 7 months later...

Oh no. TAM almost lost her mansion. What would she do if she had to actually live in an average sized home? I’m sure she’s exaggerating. She’s a grifter through and through. She’s probably got a ton of money socked away that she doesn’t pay taxes on. Greg Locke to the rescue! 🙄

AF563FA9-470D-4D4A-A8C3-CE73B46C5FEA.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

TAM’s spray tan is almost as orange as trump’s. Her hair is bleached almost as much as her teeth. If she bleached them anymore, they will glow in the dark like Ross Geller’s. Boy does she love posing with Greg Locke 🙄

67E88852-A2B3-4693-9C70-2305B23D4C11.jpeg