IGNORED

Plathville Coming to TLC

zeebaneighba

23 minutes ago, llucie said:

It would depend on when they started recording the family, but if they show Hosanna wedding i think Nurie will appear for sure. She was in the wedding party and its her best friend. And the vive i am getting from the show commercial at least is that they want to show how weird they are so they wouldnt pass the opportunity to record Nurie speaking.

I totally agree. Nurie is even more sheltered than Hosanna. They will want to showcase that for sure. And mention that she’s the oldest of 13. Because TLC loves big families.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

JRod is plotting to use this to get her own TV show by being featured on an episode just like the Bates did with the Duggars.

JRod is a crazy stage mom, fundie style. She knows they’re weirder than the Plaths.

Also, after perusing Olivia’s Instagram, it’s evident that Olivia hired a Plath sister to help her with weddings and supported her moving away to MN. The Plath sister is shown wearing jeans on her Instagram too. Also, I recall Olivia mentioning that her and her husband are waiting to have babies. Mama Plath would not like any of that. Olivia said that her and the Plath sister are “so close and have been through crazy things together over the last few years” or something along those lines. From what I know about Mama Plath, she’s pretty controlling. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

JRod is plotting to use this to get her own TV show by being featured on an episode just like the Bates did with the Duggars.

JRod is a crazy stage mom, fundie style. She knows they’re weirder than the Plaths.

Also, after perusing Olivia’s Instagram, it’s evident that Olivia hired a Plath sister to help her with weddings and supported her moving away to MN. The Plath sister is shown wearing jeans on her Instagram too. Also, I recall Olivia mentioning that her and her husband are waiting to have babies. Mama Plath would not like any of that. Olivia said that her and the Plath sister are “so close and have been through crazy things together over the last few years” or something along those lines. From what I know about Mama Plath, she’s pretty controlling. 

Yeah that’s Moriah. She’s definitely not towing the Plath family line when it comes to the way she dresses. She was in a tiny bikini on her brother’s Instagram. I’m not shaming her. She looked fabulous in that bikini and I would wear the exact same thing if I was in her place. She and Micah are the ones that will probably break away. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I have a friend that grew up in IBLP. I wore a bikini and put it on social media when I was on vacation. She called me up the next day and suggested “modest swimwear stores and options”. ??‍♀️

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Haha 22

On 10/11/2019 at 3:37 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I wish my kids didn't know who the president is, but they've heard me yelling at the television too many times to remain ignorant. :pb_redface: I try to explain my actions and emotions in an age appropriate way.

I was on my kids' school playground with a line of second graders the morning after the 2016 election. I don't remember if any of the boys said anything, but several of the girls were very sad that we didn't get our first female president. 

My little cousin also wanted Hillary to win because “Trump thinks boys rule and that’s not true”

On 10/11/2019 at 12:47 PM, Hane said:

My grandson was 9 at the time (and an atheist!), and said, in comforting his mother, “I think some great power will arise to work for good.”

That is so sweet!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

On 10/12/2019 at 11:52 AM, llucie said:

It would depend on when they started recording the family, but if they show Hosanna wedding i think Nurie will appear for sure. She was in the wedding party and its her best friend. 

TLC can always pull out their special effects, if they want to avoid dealing with the Rodriguii.

Spoiler

20191015_153604.thumb.png.0da91b2a9681d797c8aa63f3e3e629c8.png

• Haha 36

I was in college during Watergate and spent many hours working the table collecting signatures for the impeachment of Nixon.  I joined the Committee for the Impeachment of President Nixon pretty much first thing when I arrived on campus.  

I think it was harder to grow up totally ignorant of politics when I was growing up than it was for some of you.  There was the assassination of JFK and then MLK followed a short time later by RFK, the civil rights movement, the threat of nuclear war, the Vietnam War and the protests, the women's movement and the Stonewall.  I can remember when the Emergency Alert System was the Civil Defense System, when we had bomb drills in school during the Cuban Missile Crisis, seeing black kids being blasted by water cannons down the streets of Birmingham and being attacked by Bull Connor's police dogs, monks self-immolating in Saigon, and seeing a child running down the road naked in South Vietnam, her clothes having been burned off in an American napalm attack.  

As the Weavers sang, "Wasn't That a Time?"   I'm grateful that I lived through all that.  It's a big part of the person I've become.

• Upvote 13
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 6

15 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

TLC can always pull out their special effects, if they want to avoid dealing with the Rodriguii.

Reveal hidden contents

20191015_153604.thumb.png.0da91b2a9681d797c8aa63f3e3e629c8.png

Josh Duggar hidden by solar flare, perhaps? ?

• I Agree 2

So what we suspected was right. Olivia is causing problems in the Plath family because she doesn’t think exactly like them. I’m sorry but I like Olivia. I like that she is influencing Moriah. She may still be fundie, but she’s helping Moriah to think for herself a little more. And that’s so important. Fundies are taught to fight against that. 

https://people.com/tv/welcome-to-plathville-sneak-peek/

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

This is so hypocritical of Kim. She goes on and on about protecting her kids and then puts them on a reality show? And that's somehow better then letting them know who Spider-Man is? 

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, SinkDweller said:

This is so hypocritical of Kim. She goes on and on about protecting her kids and then puts them on a reality show? And that's somehow better then letting them know who Spider-Man is? 

I agree. 

And my other annoyance. She’s called a naturopathic doctor in the link I provided. Maybe I’m being a stickler but I’m almost positive naturopaths didn’t go to med school. And she probably doesn’t have a PhD. So why is she calling herself doctor? 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Oh my goodness that trailer... it's all the dysfunction we suspected and more. I wonder where Hosanna is? They present Ethan first "and then there's Moriah", as if Hosanna didn't exist. She's on the more conservative spectrum so maybe she wanted nothing to do with this trainwreck.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching another TLC fiasco.

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Oh my goodness that trailer... it's all the dysfunction we suspected and more. I wonder where Hosanna is? They present Ethan first "and then there's Moriah", as if Hosanna didn't exist. She's on the more conservative spectrum so maybe she wanted nothing to do with this trainwreck.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching another TLC fiasco.

It sounds like Hosanna isn’t in the show since she lives in Ohio now. So maybe Nurie won’t be on the show.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And my other annoyance. She’s called a naturopathic doctor in the link I provided. Maybe I’m being a stickler but I’m almost positive naturopaths didn’t go to med school. 

They go to naturopathic college, and I believe they have to have a 4 year college degree first. It’s an intensive curriculum, and is based in actual science.  Naturopaths are referred to by the title Dr.  

Many people assume the terms homeopathic and naturopathic are interchangeable, and refer to the same thing, but this is not true at all.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

7 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

They go to naturopathic college, and I believe they have to have a 4 year college degree first. It’s an intensive curriculum, and is based in actual science.  Naturopaths are referred to by the title Dr.  

Many people assume the terms homeopathic and naturopathic are interchangeable, and refer to the same thing, but this is not true at all.

I have a very strong suspicion her title is bullshit. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a very strong suspicion her title is bullshit. 

It may we’ll be, i don’t know anything about her.  The term naturopath is an actual professional credential, just like chiropractor is, so if she’s using it illegitimately it will catch up with her.  

Edited by Themanda Duggar
Bad wording
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Themanda Duggar said:

It may we’ll be, i don’t know anything about her.  The term naturopath is an actual professional credential, just like chiropractor is, so if she’s using it illegitimately it will catch up with her.  

It says in the family bio that she studied music therapy in college. Nothing about naturopath. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. 

And my other annoyance. She’s called a naturopathic doctor in the link I provided. Maybe I’m being a stickler but I’m almost positive naturopaths didn’t go to med school. And she probably doesn’t have a PhD. So why is she calling herself doctor? 

15 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Exactly what I wanted to say. Naturopathy is huge in Germany, where it originated, but is usually practiced non-medical doctors. That said, some medical doctors do incorporate it into their practice there. Idk how it’s practiced in the states, but google says it’s a qualification MDs can do here.

What worries me are all the nutcases naturopathy seems to attract, from vegan anti-vaxxers to right wing end-of-the-world militia. And of course fundies too cheap to pay for medical care or too defiant to trust in it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

So I watched the preview and here are three conclusions I have come to:

1. The show is somewhat scripted as there seems to be scenarios like the soon-to-be infamous soda drinking and cotton candy tasting look set up.

2. TLC is hunting for a new Duggar like family as the family is forever shrouded in scandal. The only other option would be the Bates family and they (the Bates) seem happy with UP TV. 

3. JRod is going to go out of her way to bring her and family on television in an effort to grift her own show. 

• Upvote 10

Why why why does TLC like fundies so much?? Who is in contact with these people?? I just went looking for info on who runs TLC and nothing shouted out at me as batshit crazy. Am I missing something? Are there some hidden fundies working there, or do they contact TLC?

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Why why why does TLC like fundies so much?? Who is in contact with these people?? I just went looking for info on who runs TLC and nothing shouted out at me as batshit crazy. Am I missing something? Are there some hidden fundies working there, or do they contact TLC?

The ironically named Learning Channel is like a slideshow at the circus.  ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Themanda Duggar said:

6 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

So I watched the preview and here are three conclusions I have come to:

1. The show is somewhat scripted as there seems to be scenarios like the soon-to-be infamous soda drinking and cotton candy tasting look set up.

2. TLC is hunting for a new Duggar like family as the family is forever shrouded in scandal. The only other option would be the Bates family and they (the Bates) seem happy with UP TV. 

3. JRod is going to go out of her way to bring her and family on television in an effort to grift her own show. 

Regarding #1 - it could be scripted, but the coke scene looks like it was recorded on a cell phone and it was after Ethan was married.  In another scene, Olivia is filming Moriah eating cotton candy... it makes me think Olivia took the home footage of the coke.  Now, it’s still possible she was put up to that, but it’s not as scripted appearing as the other shows like 19K where mom and dad are hanging out in a bedroom and Jill comes in and wants to go across the world “out of the blue”.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, GreatGooglyMoogly said:

Except that Naturophathic doctors study homeopathy as actual medicine when they go to college. I'm not sure how it is in other countries, but I looked at several of the American natropathic colleges and studying homeopathy was at the top of the list for all of the ones I looked at. If studying snake oil is a big part of their medical training then that is a huge red flag that people should avoid them and see real doctors. 

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

t sounds like Hosanna isn’t in the show since she lives in Ohio now. So maybe Nurie won’t be on the show.

Jill is probably dying inside if Hosanna refused to have her wedding put on TV. How many times will she "drop by" the Plath house trying to shove herself in front of a camera? How long till the Plath's end their friendship because they realize Jill only wants to use them for fame? 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic