IGNORED

Plathville Coming to TLC

zeebaneighba

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh these fundies all know each other! I swear it’s such a small fundie world. I really wonder about Betsy. She had 4 kids in less than 4 years and her youngest was born with microcephaly after using plexus during pregnancy. I know Jill still loves the Plexus. But I wonder if Betsy is still so gung ho about it. 

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS??

I bet I missed this during the lightening speed movement of the JRod threads. This is why I now have a daily alarm set...

Edited by Nikedagain?
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS??

I bet I missed this during the lightening speed movement of the JRod threads. This is why I now have a daily alarm set...

Yeah, it’s really sad that now two fundie women who took plexus during their pregnancies have had children born with medical issues. Yet Jill still pushes plexus and I would not be surprised if Betsy still did. I’m sure she will be invited to Jill’s, err I mean Nurie’s wedding. 

Isn't it funny how so many fundie raised females are the ones being outspoken about the problems with fundamentalist beliefs? That’s because so many of the men are completely fine with being the boss. 

18A82D7E-2DAF-4314-BEF7-742B35EA5B14.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

While I know a lot of this is fake, this is more what I wanted Counting On to be like. Exploring how the adult/teen children move into the world and act against their parents' restrictions.

I hope Moriah gets to go to college, have a job, and be more than just a baby maker. And even if the drama is manufactured or exaggerated, I love how Olivia is helping Ethan and Moriah break free. Ethan seems like a child, not a married man. Though he doesn't seem like a bad person necessarily (not smug like certain Duggars). I thought it was hilarious how much he likes Chandler from Friends.

I agree with whoever said Kim has a double standard for the girls. She's so critical of Moriah and Olivia, and treats Olivia like a temptress, but says nothing about Ethan. 

Edit: I also like how they actually address the horrible beliefs. Olivia mentions that her family was very sexist and patriarchal. They address how Moriah doesn't know anything about LGBT people and was probably raised in a homophobic (or "sheltered") environment. 

Edited by BernRul
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BernRul said:

While I know a lot of this is fake, this is more what I wanted Counting On to be like. Exploring how the adult/teen children move into the world and act against their parents' restrictions.

I hope Moriah gets to go to college, have a job, and be more than just a baby maker. And even if the drama is manufactured or exaggerated, I love how Olivia is helping Ethan and Moriah break free. Ethan seems like a child, not a married man. Though he doesn't seem like a bad person necessarily (not smug like certain Duggars). I thought it was hilarious how much he likes Chandler from Friends.

I agree with whoever said Kim has a double standard for the girls. She's so critical of Moriah and Olivia, and treats Olivia like a temptress, but says nothing about Ethan. 

Edit: I also like how they actually address the horrible beliefs. Olivia mentions that her family was very sexist and patriarchal. They address how Moriah doesn't know anything about LGBT people and was probably raised in a homophobic (or "sheltered") environment. 

That’s why reality tv is hard. You know some of it is based in reality because we know how fundies work. We have a lot of background info going into this. So we know some of it is true. But who knows what is being played up to the camera and what could be totally set up. The Duggars want a squeaky clean image. They would never do a show like the Plath’s. Neither would Kelly and Gil. 

• Upvote 4

Speaking of which fundies Kim is friends with on FB... To no one’s surprise she is friends with lots of FJ fundies. She’s friends with the Robertses, Mortons, Campanas, Johnstons, Deckers, Neidnagels, and Thomases.

• Upvote 2

Ugh. Barry Plath sets off every red flag I have. 

It also doesn't help that he sounds exactly like this fascist:

fucker.

Edited by Nikedagain?
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Poor Ethan getting the talk at 20. I am glad to hear him say that boys know what sex is, even the ones that have been locked in a box. 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Poor Ethan getting the talk at 20. I am glad to hear him say that boys know what sex is, even the ones that have been locked in a box. 

They live on a farm so he has to have some idea of the basics of intercourse.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Speaking of which fundies Kim is friends with on FB... To no one’s surprise she is friends with lots of FJ fundies. She’s friends with the Robertses, Mortons, Campanas, Johnstons, Deckers, Neidnagels, and Thomases.

All Vision Forum fundie.  Are they friends with the ATI crowd as well?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They actually are/were super close to the Smiths and Mortons. Search their name on the old blogs and a bunch of stuff comes up. Barry was a groomsman in the Michael/Kressant wedding:

https://mortonclan.blogspot.com/2006/09/mr.html?m=1

And they hosted Katie and Alan's wedding shower:

https://smithfamilia.blogspot.com/2006/03/campana-lummus-smorton-sander-and.html?m=1

I guess they were part of the same home church:

https://smithfamilia.blogspot.com/2005/11/sunday-fellowship-was-held-at-plaths.html?m=1

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

They actually are/were super close to the Smiths and Mortons. Search their name on the old blogs and a bunch of stuff comes up. Barry was a groomsman in the Michael/Kressant wedding:

https://mortonclan.blogspot.com/2006/09/mr.html?m=1

And they hosted Katie and Alan's wedding shower:

https://smithfamilia.blogspot.com/2006/03/campana-lummus-smorton-sander-and.html?m=1

I guess they were part of the same home church:

https://smithfamilia.blogspot.com/2005/11/sunday-fellowship-was-held-at-plaths.html?m=1

But I saw no Smiths on her FB friends list except the daughters who married Morton’s. So maybe they sided with the Morton’s during the split. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/13/2019 at 8:25 PM, OhNoNike said:

... But what really got me was when she said she’d never been on a moving train before.  That kind of blew my mind. I’m from an area on the E Coast where we do have a lot of trains that do kid activities so maybe I’m just lucky, but I figured train rides would be a really wholesome activity to do with homeschooled kids.  

(I live in the midwest) The Midwest doesn't have trains as a main means of everyday transportation, so I am not surprised a family in rural Georgia hasn't been on a train. Southern states, like the midwest use cars as the main mode of transportation. 

The Midwest states are big car and car part producing states. Chicago has the L (100 miles of track) and Detroit has the "People Mover" (the people mover only has 3 miles of elevated track for the downtown business district). Amtrak goes places but those are for longer trips. The first time I was on a train/subway was at age 17 in Moscow (Russia) then the next time I rode one one was in college and friends and I drove to Chicago, parked and then used the L. I haven't been on a train since (I am now in my 40s). My quick search of Georgia shows that Atlanta has a subway system but Cairo is nearly 4 hours south of Atlanta. 

I am willing to bet a lot of Americans have never been on a train. The East coast is so populated that it makes sense there are many subway systems and trains linking the major cities. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
clarified my first thought about why I am talking about the midwest when Plaths live in Georgia
  • Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The Midwest doesn't have trains as a main means of everyday transportation. The Midwest states are big car and car part producing states. Chicago has the L (100 miles of track) and Detroit has the "People Mover" (the people mover only has 3 miles of elevated track for the downtown business district). Amtrak goes places but those are for longer trips. The first time I was on a train/subway was at age 17 in Moscow (Russia) then the next time I rode one one was in college and friends and I drove to Chicago, parked and then used the L. I haven't been on a train since (I am now in my 40s). My quick search of Georgia shows that Atlanta has a subway system but Cairo is nearly 4 hours south of Atlanta. 

I am willing to bet a lot of Americans have never been on a train. The East coast is so populated that it makes sense there are many subway systems and trains linking the major cities. 

The Plath’s are in the south, but it’s the same as the Midwest. Mostly cars and buses for transporting people. I would love for high speed trains to become more popular in the Midwest, south, west, and southwest. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Plath’s are in the south, but it’s the same as the Midwest. Mostly cars and buses for transporting people. I would love for high speed trains to become more popular in the Midwest, south, west, and southwest. 

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant I live in the Midwest and we also don't have trains. At the end of my post I posted about Atlanta and that is why, as far as I know the only place in the Plath's home state that has commuter train is in Atlanta which is 4 hours North of the Plaths. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

All Vision Forum fundie.  Are they friends with the ATI crowd as well?

I saw Zero ATI fundies on her friend list. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Looks like Moira is working on being emancipated.

592846B3-FD74-4260-B205-DF3402EF75DF.thumb.jpeg.e4f1d7f6fb1eba0dbe5d77f14314cd53.jpeg

And maybe Micha is on his way out?

B9BF4512-11A7-428D-B74C-B52200ABDD33.thumb.jpeg.6f2a0ca0b510100c0701dd71ef795ee3.jpeg

I’m happy for Moriah but Micah is 18. So no need to be emancipated. He seems to still be living at home. It’s obvious to me that Kim isn’t as hard on her boys as she is her girls. So he could probably live at home for awhile without a lot of problems. It’s the fundie double standard. 

I want to add that Moriah was in a Christian film. I imagine she still wants to act. Maybe Kim and Barry are getting in her way to do that. Maybe she wants to branch out to non Christian films. Just a thought. This is the short Christian film: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9232390/

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m happy for Moriah but Micah is 18. So no need to be emancipated. He seems to still be living at home. It’s obvious to me that Kim isn’t as hard on her boys as she is her girls. So he could probably live at home for awhile without a lot of problems. It’s the fundie double standard. 

I want to add that Moriah was in a Christian film. I imagine she still wants to act. Maybe Kim and Barry are getting in her way to do that. Maybe she wants to branch out to non Christian films. Just a thought. This is the short Christian film: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9232390/

Some updates .  https://meaww.com/welcome-to-plathville-moriah-plath-olivia-kim-and-barry-emancipated-minnesota  ,  https://dailysoapdish.com/2019/11/welcome-to-plathville-spoilers-plaths-in-shock-moriah-plath-exposed-to-lgbtq-culture/   ,  

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

It looks like Moriah’s Instagram page is no longer private. I hope she can be emancipated but I also hope she has plenty of supportive people around her. She’s a sheltered teenager who needs a lot of help and support. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Stuck inside on a Friday night so I actually watched the episodes... mostly I just can't understand why these people wanted to be on TV? This is some Maury-level trash. None of them come out looking good, and considering how obvious the show is about manufacturing its drama, the parents can't possibly think they're doing a "ministry." Part of me expects that they are building up to a big reveal about baby Joshua's death, although I hope not.

My favorites are Ethan's two coworkers, who clearly think he's ridiculous but are totally good-natured about it. I think Ethan himself must know he's a little ridiculous.

@SinkDweller, I creeped back through your posts after I saw that you had been friends with Kim and noticed an old comment about your friend whose kids didn't have social security numbers-- was that her? If so, is it still the case?

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Stuck inside on a Friday night so I actually watched the episodes... mostly I just can't understand why these people wanted to be on TV? This is some Maury-level trash. None of them come out looking good, and considering how obvious the show is about manufacturing its drama, the parents can't possibly think they're doing a "ministry." Part of me expects that they are building up to a big reveal about baby Joshua's death, although I hope not.

My favorites are Ethan's two coworkers, who clearly think he's ridiculous but are totally good-natured about it. I think Ethan himself must know he's a little ridiculous.

@SinkDweller, I creeped back through your posts after I saw that you had been friends with Kim and noticed an old comment about your friend whose kids didn't have social security numbers-- was that her? If so, is it still the case?

I’m also confused as to why Kim and Barry would want to be on the show. Are they so blinded by their “rightness” that they didn’t see how bad they would come out?

• Upvote 3

I’m thinking that if there is another season of this show, it will be mainly focused on Moriah, Olivia, and Ethan. Where their new lives are taking them. TLC got quite a few seasons out of Breaking Amish. The same might be said for Breaking Plathville.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m also confused as to why Kim and Barry would want to be on the show. Are they so blinded by their “rightness” that they didn’t see how bad they would come out?

Yes. Also, money.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic