IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

In other words, “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.”  Like the meme says, “Except donuts.  Donuts taste like skinny can go fuck itself.”

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 17
  • Love 3

Remind yourself that you will either suffer for 1 hour to pass the test and not eat, or suffer misery for 24-72 hours if you fail and binge out.

Um, what? I have frequently eaten when I wasn't feeling particularly hungry but I can't say I've ever suffered for days because of it.

This woman needs an intervention if she only has two modes, starve or binge so much you make yourself sick for days.  

This is pro-Ana for adults.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Skipping around on this weeks live chat and Gwen and Joe have an odd relationship. They don't exactly act like happy newlyweds. 

At one point Joe says he reads to go to sleep.

Gwen: "That's right. He picks up one of my books and it puts him right to sleep." This is followed by a fake laugh. 

Joe shakes his head, looks uncomfortable and says "Don't say that."

Gwen: "Knocks you out every time."

The next part I skip to they are discussing choosing a restaurant and Gwen says she always sacrifices what she desires so he can get what he wants. And Joe just sits there awkwardly. 

Joe doesn't look comfortable in any picture with Gwen. 

• Upvote 8

44 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Skipping around on this weeks live chat and Gwen and Joe have an odd relationship. They don't exactly act like happy newlyweds. 

Gwen: "That's right. He picks up one of my books and it puts him right to sleep." This is followed by a fake laugh. 

The next part I skip to they are discussing choosing a restaurant and Gwen says she always sacrifices what she desires so he can get what he wants. And Joe just sits there awkwardly. 

Maybe he's figuring out he's paying a high price to be a kept man. And her books piss me off so much that I burned one once in the fire pit. I'm thinking if it had been ordained by God because it was written by his "prophet", that it wouldn't have gone up in flames like it did. But actually that book burned like it was glad it was being put out of it's misery. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

Maybe he's figuring out he's paying a high price to be a kept man.

I wouldn't be surprised if she dictates every moment of his life. He doesn't seem to work now so he is probably stuck with her almost 24/7. And you know she watches what he eats very carefully. 

There is a high price to pay when you sell your soul for money. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

Maybe he's figuring out he's paying a high price to be a kept man. And her books piss me off so much that I burned one once in the fire pit. I'm thinking if it had been ordained by God because it was written by his "prophet", that it wouldn't have gone up in flames like it did. But actually that book burned like it was glad it was being put out of it's misery. 

I will have to remember that, I usually shred. But burning is a much better choice!  And that is saying something, considering that I despise censorship more than just about anything.  But it's what her dangerous advice deserves.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She then posts a day later about how people shouldn’t be putting so much energy into pleasing man... when she literally just said in her video that she’s always “pleasing” her man. 

Also, she posted that there’s more beyond the food - even though all her teachings are about food! 

ADD16867-7DD4-4A89-8013-163ED5A76E21.jpeg

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Why would it even matter which restaurant she goes to if she just sits there emptyhanded because God made them forget  her order.

• Upvote 12

10 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

She then posts a day later about how people shouldn’t be putting so much energy into pleasing man... when she literally just said in her video that she’s always “pleasing” her man. 

Consistency has never been her strong point!

Today's devotional is about this terrible, scary awful thing called.....are you ready for it....FOOD! Food is your enemy. Food is a parasite that sucks the life out of you. Food ruins your life and ruins all your relationships. Food is so awful that your marriage will fail, your kids won't like you and your house will be filthy. Food makes you angry and depressed until the only person you see is your doctor. 

Gwen has a really unhealthy relationship with food and she has managed to make not only a ton of money, but also start a church all based around her terrible relationship with food. The way she lives is just sad. 

We must transfer this relationship with our idol (food, lusts, materialism, drugs, etc.) over to a relationship with God. You have to learn that every time your mind goes to your idol, you need to get it off and concentrate on higher callings.

Your idol is not your friend. Let us take extra food, for example, because all idols are alike… an idol is entertaining, it fills up time, and it is basically like having a relationship with another person. If you have ever had a crush on someone, then you know how this feels. You feel your emotions rise and your pulse rate go up when you think about the food. In a relationship with the food, you are now dressing for it—you are putting on your stretch clothes or PJs to make sure that nothing stops you from binge eating. You listen for its voice. You think about it in the morning, and you think about it at noon. You start reading about it and preparing for it, and the next thing you know, you have got this affair going on by the time it is ten o’clock at night when no one is there and no one is looking, and you can secretly be with that food.

But this food is not a friend! Food is an enemy, a thief, a parasitic leech slowly sucking the life out of you. First, it robs you of your spiritual relationship with God. Then it robs you of your health, your energy, your sleep. It robs you of your time, your mind. And it robs you of your finances because it is expensive. It robs you of your relationships… it puts a wedge between you and other people; it puts a wedge between you and your spouse, and then it keeps you from playing with your children. It keeps you from cleaning up the house because you are too tired. You constantly have to go to the doctor, and you are trying to figure out what is wrong with you. And you just cannot remember when you were not either angry or depressed. So food is not a friend. It is a false comfort, it is a false help, it is a false god.

Food is not your enemy, people like Gwen are your enemy. She needs professional help. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 6

Food is absolutely not the enemy. That is eating disorder thinking. I’ve been steadily losing weight for the past few months on the weight watchers program. What I’ve realized is that junk food can be the enemy. If you overeat it. You have to listen to your body (not Gwod). If I overeat junk food, I feel like complete garbage. But if I eat a reasonable amount of healthy food, I feel great! Because the food acts as fuel to give me energy. It isn’t slowing me down like junk food can. But Gwod wouldn’t know this. Because she just eats small bites of junk food. She must feel like crap a lot of the time. Imagine how good she would feel if she ate a kale salad with grilled chicken and a side of fruit. Well she would probably feel sick because that’s more food in one sitting she’s had in 20 years. But she would feel good later since she would have the nutrients and energy from healthy food. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It sounds like she's cured her bulimia or binge eating disorder by replacing it with starvation.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Honestly - that is just so sad to read.

Food is a beautiful gift, amazing, a blessing.

There are so many hungry people in this world (there are hungry people in Nashville where she lives!) and that kind of sick thinking is a virtual slap in the face to hunger.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

It sounds like she's cured her bulimia or binge eating disorder by replacing it with starvation.

It really does. She seems to believe that people sit around binging non-stop and I bet that is what she used to do. She got control of her binge eating it appears by only eating tiny amounts of food and becoming obsessed with her stomach growling. She didn't learn how to eat healthy, she only learned how to eat junk food in tiny amounts. 

It is amazing that she became a dietitian while learning nothing about healthy eating.

• Upvote 13

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It is amazing that she became a dietitian while learning nothing about healthy eating.

Actually, now that you say that...there is a person in my extended family who is a RD in a hospital setting, but her diet is full of junk and she raised her kids similarly.  She also had an eating disorder in the past.

I'm thinking it could be a common thing for dietitians to have personal food issues. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, danvillebelle said:

Actually, now that you say that...there is a person in my extended family who is a RD in a hospital setting, but her diet is full of junk and she raised her kids similarly.  She also had an eating disorder in the past.

I'm thinking it could be a common thing for dietitians to have personal food issues. 

I’m not going to say all dietitians are this way, but yeah I would not be surprised if there were quite a few with histories of disordered eating. The career choices we make are often influenced by our experiences and interests. That’s why you will find a lot of addiction counselors who have a history with addiction (whether it was their own or a close family member).

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It really does. She seems to believe that people sit around binging non-stop and I bet that is what she used to do. She got control of her binge eating it appears by only eating tiny amounts of food and becoming obsessed with her stomach growling. She didn't learn how to eat healthy, she only learned how to eat junk food in tiny amounts. 

She is 100% obsessed with food. I wonder if that's why she became a dietitian, because of that obsession? I also kind of wonder if she's one of those with an eating disorder who cook a ton - but only for other people. It would explain her previous husband, if she was constantly cooking only to eat one bite of each thing, or buying binge quantities of fast food and then only eating a single fry plus one bite of a burger. Could also contribute to Tarzan's discomfort, if she's preaching "don't eat" and then 100% obsessed with food at all times - that's got to be difficult to live with.

Gwen, it is not normal to think about food 24/7. That is not a normal thing. It is not uncommon for regular people to occasionally get so absorbed in what they are doing (reading, gaming, knitting, whatever) that they look up and realize they forgot to eat. Most people only think about food in anticipation, or for planning, or when they are hungry. I briefly think about food once I'm awake and dressed for the morning - what will I have for breakfast, do I have food at work for lunch, do I need to pack a quick lunch or plan to go out. I think about food as I'm leaving work, usually. I'm hungry then, and I need to decide what to do for dinner if I haven't planned it already. I may go buy groceries then, so I think of what I might want later in the week. If I'm planning a trip to Disney, I need to make restaurant reservations in advance. If I'm planning to go to Universal, I'm looking forward to having a hot butterbeer. But right now? I just had breakfast. I'm good. I'll figure out lunch when I get hungry. I have no idea what I'm doing about dinner tonight, and I'll deal with that at the end of the day. If I hadn't read this thread, I wouldn't be thinking about food at all right now.

That can't help all her followers, either! Imagine, you're trying to lose weight, and you find Weigh Down. It seems to make sense, and seems to work. You find out they have a church, so you go there... and then everything all the time 100% is about FOOD. That's the last thing a person on a diet needs or wants! Gwen might as well be running Burger King commercials on a big screen behind her while preaching NO EATING.

• Upvote 9

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not going to say all dietitians are this way, but yeah I would not be surprised if there were quite a few with histories of disordered eating. The career choices we make are often influenced by our experiences and interests. That’s why you will find a lot of addiction counselors who have a history with addiction (whether it was their own or a close family member).

True. I’ve heard that there are a good proportion of alcoholic bartenders who have embraced sobriety. I’ve also heard of kids who struggled with major health issues turning to medical careers.

• Upvote 6

Is it possible that's she's using/has created this unduly influenced group of people to simply keep herself accountable so that she herself won't gain weight? If I could imagine feeling being put to that devotional, I would say that she sounds angry. 

13 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

But aren't the children taught to please mommy and daddy and all the people above you in the food chain at all costs? And didn't she just do a devotional about kissing your elders asses and spend time figuring out what they like so that you can please them? Isn't that pleasing "man"? She's coming unhinged I fear. Her son isn't obeying her, her books put her husband to sleep, she can't get anyone to get her good makeup and she knows we all think her statue is stupid ?. The difference between a husband that loves you and one that(it seems like) is just using you for your money is........one will tell you the truth and the other will just stroke your ego. 

• Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

She is 100% obsessed with food. I wonder if that's why she became a dietitian, because of that obsession? I also kind of wonder if she's one of those with an eating disorder who cook a ton - but only for other people. It would explain her previous husband, if she was constantly cooking only to eat one bite of each thing, or buying binge quantities of fast food and then only eating a single fry plus one bite of a burger. Could also contribute to Tarzan's discomfort, if she's preaching "don't eat" and then 100% obsessed with food at all times - that's got to be difficult to live with.

Gwen, it is not normal to think about food 24/7. That is not a normal thing.

I was just thinking the same... She says,

You have to learn that every time your mind goes to your idol, you need to get it off and concentrate on higher callings.

but no one thinks about food more than she does. Thinking about food-bad-can't-have-any still counts as thinking about food, and any time she thinks about something else it still counts as thinking about food because it's all just God-sent-me-these-distractions-from-thinking-about-food, so it all comes back to food in the end.

As for human relations, her relationship with food is basically warfare, and she says it's just like having  a relationship with a person.

an idol is entertaining, it fills up time, and it is basically like having a relationship with another person. If you have ever had a crush on someone, then you know how this feels.

Food  is an enemy and a leech and it's just like a relationship with humans.

So we can probably safely assume that her human relationships pretty much suck as well.

But this food is not a friend! Food is an enemy, a thief, a parasitic leech slowly sucking the life out of you.

• Upvote 8

We must transfer this relationship with our idol (food, lusts, materialism, drugs, etc.) over to a relationship with God. You have to learn that every time your mind goes to your idol, you need to get it off and concentrate on higher callings.

This is really an interesting concept.  Like a lot of other hypocrites, Gwen thinks about her idols constantly.  She obsesses over food (I like the image of the Burger King commercial playing in the background); she changes out her old husband for new; she is as acquisitive as a Ferengi (Star Trek reference); and who knows what her drug of choice might be (wine?).   So Gwen says these longings must be transferred to God, while her members are transferring their thoughts and money to Gwod, who in turn is acquiring more real estate holdings, paying out divorce settlements, buying blue sashes, etc.  No idols to see here, folks.

• Upvote 10

Table 1DSM-IV and DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for binge-eating disorder

Criteria Set Specific Definitions for Each Criterion

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK338301/table/introduction.t1/

Criterion 1 Recurrent episodes of binge eating. An episode of binge eating is characterized by both of the following:

Eating, in a discrete period of time (e.g., within any 2-hour period), an amount of food that is definitely larger than most people would eat in a similar period of time under similar circumstances

The sense of lack of control over eating during the episode (e.g., a feeling that one cannot stop eating or control what or how much one is eating)

Criterion 2Binge-eating episodes are associated with three (or more) of the following:

Eating much more rapidly than normal

Eating until feeling uncomfortably full

Eating large amounts of food when not feeling physically hungry

Eating alone because of being embarrassed by how much one is eating

Feeling disgusted with oneself, depressed, or very guilty after overeating

Criterion 3 Marked distress regarding binge eating is present.

I cut criterion 4 and 5 which have to do with the frequency of binging and the exclusion of other eating disorders.

But these are every Gwen post ever.

lack of control: Why is it hard to stop eating? It is because without the truth that God adores you and wants a relationship with you and is generous…you become a god—and we are bad gods. We just do not know when to stop.

eating rapidly, eating alone, eating larger amounts of food...

we decided to eat through the whole bag of stale chips this afternoon. We decided on our indulgence and grabbed it and swallowed it in such a hurry that we could not enjoy it—all because we felt guilt and had fear that someone would see us. You have come to believe the lie that if no one sees you eat the food that it does not count, or even that God cannot see it. In fact, secret eating allows you to eat more.

eating large amounts when not physically hungry:

Therefore, when I know I am not hungry and just want to eat anyway, then one of the ingeniously creative things God does is to provide me with an escape route.

Eating until uncomfortably full:

Remind yourself that you will either suffer for 1 hour to pass the test and not eat, or suffer misery for 24-72 hours if you fail and binge out.

Guilt: Unfortunately, we can be stubborn and determined to eat anyway… that is when you heed the warnings that curses come for those who stubbornly disobey.

Marked distress:

And you just cannot remember when you were not either angry or depressed.

• Upvote 8

Wait. What someone suggested earlier in this thread - have we really never seen any evidence that Gwen was ever overweight? Was she never even overweight to begin with? Is this an even greater scam than we realized?! A weight loss empire built by someone who was always skinny?? I am shook by this suggestion. Shook. Has anyone seen pics?!

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Wait. What someone suggested earlier in this thread - have we really never seen any evidence that Gwen was ever overweight? Was she never even overweight to begin with? Is this an even greater scam than we realized?! A weight loss empire built by someone who was always skinny?? I am shook by this suggestion. Shook. Has anyone seen pics?!

I mentioned this earlier, but when asked about it on a live chat she said she was overweight, just that she won't show pictures. Apparently no one has ever seen evidence of her being overweight. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a binge eater, but not ever really overweight. 

It is amazing that her empire was built with people just taking her word for it that she used her own teachings to lose weight. 

• Upvote 7

When she was in college, Gwen’s love for God, her sudden 20-pound weight gain, and her academic knowledge collided. By studying God’s perfect design and naturally thin eaters, Gwen was permanently set free from overweight and diets. Soon, people turned to her for help to lose weight.  In 1992, she founded Weigh Down to teach these principles to those who were desperately seeking to lose weight permanently.  This teaching quickly began yielding unprecedented results. Participants were not only losing their weight while eating regular foods, but they were using the same Bible-based principles to turn away from other addictions such as smoking or alcohol abuse.

I found this on her website. Is 20 lbs all the overweight she really was? 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic