IGNORED

Essentially Gathered - Jesus woo + oils

EowynW

She's hawking Rose Oil over on her FB page. Rose is an expensive oil. She said if your husband balks at the price just ask him while you're naked. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EowynW said:

She's hawking Rose Oil over on her FB page. Rose is an expensive oil. She said if your husband balks at the price just ask him while you're naked. 

So she's advocating prostitution?

25 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a fundie do that. ?

See: Lori Alexander's entire adult life.

I hadn't looked closely at the essential oil thing - it looks like DoTerra are mostly aromatherapy type stuff with jacked-up prices. Young Living, however, is full on Hoodoo. 

I just use what smells good, mostly. And since I mostly wear oils as perfumes, my go-to is Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, because Beth is an amazing perfumer. I like to take her TKO along when I travel to help me sleep.

Oh yes, I love me some BPAL!!. I forget how I found them, but amazing perfumes that since they are oils get better with age.

If you love BPAL, check out Smoke based in New Orleans,  I am over the moon about their Ritual scent (smokeperfume.com). Also check out Talisman Perfume oils (mandini.com); they have both single note and blended scents. 

Dorian Bridges reviews BPAL scents on their youtube channel, Of Herbs and Alters. Be advised, Dorian is not exactly G rated.

I like to get essential oils on Amazon, since if something's 100% of a certain oil, it's not likely to matter what company's label is on the bottle. Cheap is fine. 

Eternal Essence has some good perfume blends and are reasonable. I'm partial to the tobacco vanilla myself.

5 hours ago, EowynW said:

Today she's talking about an expensive oil that will clear out your bad emotions. ?

I call that wine.  Just sayin'!!

On 1/30/2019 at 9:10 AM, refugee said:

Don't know if this is helpful, but I found this:

"doTERRA Breathe is a blend of Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca (Tea Tree), Lemon, Cardamom, Ravensara, and Laurel Leaf that emits an airy and fresh mint aroma."

(So it might be possible to make a similar mixture at home?)

Also this (though I don't know if this is a better price or not):

Breathe Ease from Rocky Mountain Oils

ETA: Although I notice that the Breathe Ease from Rocky Mountain Oils has pine in it, which would make it a non-starter in our household.

Hey! Thank you for listing the ingredients and giving me the idea to blend my own.  I want to have Breathe going like all day. Lol  But, it's pricey and I save it for when we are sick. 

So, I used the 5 ingredients I do have and noticed little difference in smell for diffuser!  The 3 I'm missing must do something because it doesn't work as well as Breathe to clear me up.  I've long used eucalyptus for colds in a humidifier, works well but that full blend really kicks it up.

I found this video when looking up how to make ozone water. About to watch now, thought I'd share. I'm sorry if it sucks, I guess we'll find out!

On 1/31/2019 at 9:39 AM, EowynW said:

Solid tactic.  Just sayin'. Lmao!!!  Or, just as you serve a kick ass ( read: his fav) meal.  Whatever, use what the good lord gave ya. ???

53 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Solid tactic.  Just sayin'. Lmao!!!  Or, just as you serve a kick ass ( read: his fav) meal.  Whatever, use what the good lord gave ya. ???

I know, lol. But that has always struck me as slightly manipulative. Maybe I'm more sensitive to it, since it was a common teaching in my family that if you did all your wifely duties he'd be more willing to do things for you. 

39 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I know, lol. But that has always struck me as slightly manipulative. Maybe I'm more sensitive to it, since it was a common teaching in my family that if you did all your wifely duties he'd be more willing to do things for you. 

I understand what your saying and the honest to goodness severity of such a dynamic.  To varying degrees,  all us women deal with this toxic ideal. If I don't joke about it and be honest to a small degree that, yes, it can work for small fun things, playfully, silly,  I'll freak out.  The older I get, the more I become my true bold self. I like it. No, I love it!  Enough already. Women are not lesser than, we should not be labeled. We are NOT hear on Earth to please man. We are intuitive, strong, talented,  natural healers, rational,  empathetic, intelligent,  problem solvers, and so much more.  

11 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Hey! Thank you for listing the ingredients and giving me the idea to blend my own.  I want to have Breathe going like all day. Lol  But, it's pricey and I save it for when we are sick. 

So, I used the 5 ingredients I do have and noticed little difference in smell for diffuser!  The 3 I'm missing must do something because it doesn't work as well as Breathe to clear me up.  I've long used eucalyptus for colds in a humidifier, works well but that full blend really kicks it up.

I found this video when looking up how to make ozone water. About to watch now, thought I'd share. I'm sorry if it sucks, I guess we'll find out!

That was good.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:39 PM, EowynW said:

Grampwych might let me buy just about anything if I'd agree to get dressed, lol.

6 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Grampwych might let me buy just about anything if I'd agree to get dressed, lol.

Hahaha! Right? Use that while you can ladies. My boobs ain't getting any perkier.  ???

I sometimes use Aura Casia and Eden's Garden oils on occasion, but never full strength. For me, it's because they smell nice, and not that I'm expecting to be cured of anything. There's a local health food store that I buy the oils from, and they sell both of those brands. I do use jojoba oil from Trader Joe's as an eye makeup remover, and a blend of oils in olive oil to wash my face. I do like adding a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil to bath water when I'm congested, and it seems to help.

The only time I use essential oils is in my diffuser just because I love the smells.

I've always bought my EO's through an eBay seller, and they've always been great. BUT, the last time I went to their online shop, they'd started selling knives and some offensive items as well. Not offensive as in weapons (which I don't like, but whatever), but offensive as in borderline racist. I don't understand why an EO supplier would sell this stuff. 

Actually, I use Eucalyptus oil as well, for removing the sticky residue of labels on jars etc if I'm saving them.

I had dinner last night with my sister and two cousins after my mom’s funeral.  This involved multiple rounds of the evils of doctors and big pharma.  The miracle of coconut oil.  Bragging about not seeing doctors (not me.  One cousin and my opinionated sister).  Essential oils.  Making your ownfaceee creams.  There was a certain amount of highly fatigued smiling and nodding on my part.  And it may have made me want to toss a jar of coconut oil I found in my cabinet today out.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 2:45 PM, Lisafer said:

Nothing raises my eyebrows like someone telling me they ingest essential oils. It makes me angry that so many of the MLM sellers promote that and say it's safe because their oils are "pure". Liver damage, anyone? Esophageal burns? Sensitization? Yay!

Omfg. My boss actually hit me up on behalf of her friend who sells the doterra.  No shit. I delayed.  I was shocked. It was a good deal starting at only $150. Just $150! Hahahaha.  Riiiight.  What turned me off the most was beadlets ( tiny encapsulated oil pills) for Breathe and OnGuard. I use Breathe.  Under my nose and in diffuser. OnGuard we use at work in a diffuser.  I got it on my finger and touched my face unknowingly and it fucking burned my skin. I had to get to water fast!  I'm supposed to ingest that? Give my kids that?!  Um, no. NO!  Oils are great, don't be stupid. There's my advice!  Damn MLM. My boss even! She thinks she's great at research but sorry, I've been using longer and am not dependent on an MLM.  Gtfo.

1 hour ago, Lisafer said:

@Beermeetugh, I'm glad you already knew enough not to fall for that. Those beadlets sound crazy dangerous!

And your boss hitting you up is crazy unethical!

Archived