IGNORED

Trump 37: Tweeting instead of Leading

Destiny

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I wonder if that boy has any friends. Can  you imagine some kid coming  home and saying "Mom, can I go over to Baron's house?" I've always wondered how many parents yanked their kids out of the school when Baron started going. And shit can you see being one of his teachers? Let's say the boy is doing poorly in a subject. Any proper parent might call the teacher and figure out how to help their kid do better. Trump would bully said teacher in to passing the kid. 

Barron is the only one I feel genuine sympathy for.  He didn’t ask for(or deserve)any of this.

A good one from Dana Milbank: "Thank you for calling the White House. We aren’t functioning at the moment."

Spoiler

Calls to the White House switchboard during this Christmas holiday are greeted by the following message:

“We apologize, but due to the lapse in federal funding we are unable to take your call. Once funding has been restored, our operations will resume. Please call back at that time.”

Click.

Is there a better distillation of the Trump administration after year two? You have reached the White House. We are not functioning. Please try again later.

“I am all alone (poor me) in the White House,” President Trump tweeted at lunchtime Monday, urging Democrats to return to town to negotiate with him.

One pictures the home-alone president, forlorn among Melania Trump’s red Christmas trees in the echoey executive mansion, padding about in bathrobe and slippers, a 72-year-old Kevin McCallister without the resourcefulness to ice the back steps or put ornaments under the windows.

Instead, Trump’s booby traps ensnare the nation:

His orders setting up chaotic withdrawals of U.S. forces from Syria and Afghanistan have allies reeling and adversaries rejoicing.

He forced a government shutdown over 1/10th of 1 percent of the budget — a spectacle that Republican Sen. Bob Corker (Tenn.) Sunday called “made up” and “juvenile.” (Trump responded with a misspelled Twitter attack on Corker.)

Meanwhile, markets continue plunging, in part because of Trump’s trade war and his attacks on the Federal Reserve.

And, across the federal government, nobody is minding the store.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has quit in protest, to be replaced by an acting secretary who until last year had no military or government experience.

Trump’s special envoy coordinating the fight against the Islamic State, Brett McGurk, has quit in protest, and Trump says he doesn’t know him.

Trump’s treasury secretary, Steven Mnuchin, responded to the government shutdown and market chaos by flying to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, for a resort vacation. From there, Mnuchin tried to calm markets by convening his crisis “Plunge Protection Team” and calling U.S. bankers to gain assurances that they have “ample liquidity” — which only caused more market panic and another 650-point drop in the Dow Jones industrial average on Christmas Eve.

Not a creature is stirring in the rest of the Trump administration, either.

The attorney general was fired, and his acting replacement pitched hot tubs before joining the administration.

The secretary of the interior submitted his resignation this month, and the Environmental Protection Agency administrator is also acting.

Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations resigned, and his pick for the job is a former Fox News personality with little foreign-policy experience.

The chief of staff at the White House is leaving, and the incoming acting chief, Mick Mulvaney, is also the budget director and former acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

There are more actors in the Trump administration than there are waiting tables in Manhattan.

The president, for his part, put off a planned trip to Mar-a-Lago so that he can spend uninterrupted time in the White House blaming his few remaining appointees for his troubles. But this only seems to make things worse.

Denied the fairways, Trump on Monday used a golf simile in a tweeted attack on Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome H. Powell, a Trump appointee: “The Fed is like a powerful golfer who can’t score because he has no touch — he can’t putt!”

And Trump’s blaming of Mnuchin for the market turmoil reportedly prompted Mnuchin’s panic-inducing statement Sunday attempting to restore calm. At a time when investors had no reason to doubt the stability of U.S. banks, Mnuchin’s liquidity reassurance was the equivalent of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention saying it is confident it can contain a previously unreported Ebola pandemic in the United States.

In the New York Times, Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman portray Trump descending into paranoia, suspicious his staff is secretly undermining him, retreating to his residence because he thinks he is being watched too closely and giving the “impression of a presidency at risk of spinning out of control.” (Fake News! This presidency was never under control.)

Melania Trump has returned from Mar-a-Lago to keep her husband company, but she doubtless won’t be happy about leaving the sunshine. With only Fox News and a Twitter account to occupy him beforehand, the president must have been growing desperate:

Siri, why can’t the president fire the Fed chairman?

Alexa, who is Brett McGurk?

Cortana, what are Kurds?

Hey Google, do I really need a Cabinet?

In the quiet old house, the president, with no advisers to turn to, calls the White House switchboard operator:

Would Laura Ingraham make a good chief of staff?

Who were successful one-term presidents?

Is impeachment bad?

Who is the fairest of them all?

The reply: “We apologize, but due to the lapse in federal funding, we are unable to take your call.”

42 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

the equivalent of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention saying it is confident it can contain a previously unreported Ebola pandemic in the United States.

This made me laugh out loud... and seriously, the way things are going it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if the CDC did put out a press release along those lines.

“I am all alone (poor me) in the White House,” President Trump tweeted at lunchtime Monday, urging Democrats to return to town to negotiate with him.

One pictures the home-alone president, forlorn among Melania Trump’s red Christmas trees in the echoey executive mansion, padding about in bathrobe and slippers, a 72-year-old Kevin McCallister without the resourcefulness to ice the back steps or put ornaments under the windows.

Instead, Trump’s booby traps ensnare the nation:

No sympathy from me, Trumpie. I do feel sorry for people who are alone at the holidays by chance, who has lost their family or whose family is far away, or whose job (including military) prevents them from being with loved ones (defined as friends or family).  I don't feel sorry for grumpy old codgers who have alienated their family, don't choose to have friends, only "what have you done for me lately" people, and have been working very hard so that the only people who choose to associate with them are Sean Hannity and idiots running around in MAGA hats.

(Yes, I toned bastards down to codgers.)

Another looming crisis: 

Context: The US is currently negotiating with South Korea over defense costs. If you continue on with the thread, the Korean news reports this as a criticism of  South Korean president Moon, making North Korea as happy as happy can be.

Besides a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I'm adding Oppositional Defiant Disorder for Trump.  Sound familiar?

In children a President with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), there is an ongoing pattern of uncooperative, defiant, and hostile behavior toward authority figures that seriously interferes with the youngster's President's day to day functioning. Symptoms of ODD may include: Frequent temper tantrums. Excessive arguing with adults.

Ah, yes. Remember the Ronnie/Ronny/Ronie/Rony Jaksun exam results?

Your honor it's true my client murdered his parents but we ask for leniency because he is an orphan.

32 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I guess getting called a coward did it 

And note, it was a day late. So yeah, being called out on social media did the trick. I bet cadet Fake Bone Spurs hated every minute of it. Is it mean of me to hope he heard some distant gunfire and shit his pants?

20 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

And note, it was a day late. So yeah, being called out on social media did the trick. I bet cadet Fake Bone Spurs hated every minute of it. Is it mean of me to hope he heard some distant gunfire and shit his pants?

Prediction: on the way back he goes golfing in Mar-a-Iago. Gotta be some New Year shindig coming up.

17 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Prediction: on the way back he goes golfing in Mar-a-Iago. Gotta be some New Year shindig coming up.

This still begs the question. Where is Baron and who is looking out for him?

I follow Olga Lautman on twitter.  She's warning us a shit ton of global action is hitting the  fan while we're focused on Trump.  Russia is getting ready to invade Ukraine,  Israel firing missiles into Damascus, Lybia?,  Assad thinking about using chemical weapons?, Turkey getting ready to cross into Kurdish-held Syria to commit genocide, and zero progress on costs of military burden sharing w/ South Korea, with agreement set to lapse in a few days. 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1077585119593013248.html

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So all you needed to avoid the draft was a note from a doctor? No one actually checked? Or did they only check some people, while others just glided by. Honestly I feel like the eligible children of politicans and war mongers should always be the first drafted, and physical examinations carefully carried out on them. Might stem the enthusiasm in some quarters.

Thread: Trump lied to the troops about how they're getting paid because of course he did .

And he doesn't know how long American troops have been in Syria

Trump wants to look RRREALLY BRRRAVE and in danger 

He thinks hanging out with people in armor increases his penis size.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived