IGNORED

Maxwell 26: The Toothbrush Thing Is Real

HerNameIsBuffy

9 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Teri and Steve are dressed alike again. Weird. I really wonder what brought this on. 

Please tell me there was an actual conversation followed by prayer about choosing to wear matching outfits!

idk why but the thought of that is cracking me up.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, browngrl said:

How cold do people think the Maxwell's keep their house? In the latest blog post Sarah and Steve are wearing puffy vests. We keep our house pretty cool and I'll usually wear a sweater but a puffy coat? Seems bit much to me but probably right in line with Steve "nothing to distract from the sweet release of death" Maxwell. 

Morgues are kept at a pretty cool aren't they??

On 12/7/2018 at 2:14 PM, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Even as the website for Swift Otter tries to be professional and normal, their underlying weirdness shows through. Have they always shown only Joseph's last name, to try to cover up that everyone is related?

Also, did you know that at Swift Otter "we purpose to have SEO a key aspect of everything we do"? 

https://swiftotter.com/team/christopher

It is much better than it used to be.  They took out the most egregious God-speak a couple of years ago.  A bit hypocritical of them. But they must have missed "purpose to." 

On 12/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, Black Aliss said:

Also, that perfect turkey that Mary is reaching for? That's a goose. The turkeys are the big round ones. Know your poultry.

This made me howl with laughter.  It's almost as good as the time they posted a picture of "feeding the ducks."  Nah, they were feeding Canada Geese.

26 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

This made me howl with laughter.  It's almost as good as the time they posted a picture of "feeding the ducks."  Nah, they were feeding Canada Geese.

Everytime I go to the duck pond to look at the ducks and throw some food at them, I end up feeding the damn geese. Geese are such assholes! 

Melanie is pregnant and due in May, on Abigail’s birthday. The Maxwells admit that the pregnancy is high risk.

ETA: I suspected she was pregnant (and I’ve thought NR-Anna is too) ever since the Maxwells posted that photo of them chatting with hands on their midriffs a month or so ago. Possibly the post about a garden work party? There was a photo with Melanie in the background looking pregnant, too - same occasion.

Actually said "for fuck's sake" out loud when I read the news. Seems like, given Melanie's age and pregnancy history, they knew this was going to be high risk but I bet they didn't take any steps to prevent it. 

Is there anything they would take as a sign from the Lord that it's time to stop? Anything? Bueller? 

WHAAAT???? I just made a prediction over in that thread that she was done! Isn't she like 43?

Okay so I guess boy named Caleb or girl named Deborah? 

Holy shit I thought Wonder Woman Melanie's womb would be closed.

Crazy Eyed Nate doesn't sound too thrilled.  Poor Abby she's gonna have to be a sister mom.  Free Abby!  Guess this means Amish Anna will be knocked up soon or already is.

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Crazy Eyed Nate doesn't sound too thrilled.  

If he didn't like it he shoulda put a glove on it...

They're so lucky that *their* family values children. Because, no other family does. 

I'm grateful I live in a family that values mothers and knows when to stop risking lives to make the babies. Glad I have a family that values the children among us so much none of us wants to risk their mother's lives to try to make another human. Existing children get healthy, functioning moms. No sister in law work parties necessary to keep the home clean or the children educated in order to gestate a choice to risk lives. 

I really thought there would be no more babies for Melanie due to her age, history of infertility, and high risk pregnancies. I hope everything turns out alright. I really though NRAnna would be the next to announce. She will probably announce in a month. 

6 minutes ago, BookwormExtraordinaire said:

I did not see that one coming, I really thought Melanie was done having children.

I didn’t see this coming either. I don’t understand why she would take a risk with another pregnancy. 

I am genuinely shocked. 

Well, I really hope nothing goes wrong. She's taking injections, but they don't say for what. ETA: Nevermind, she's on progesterone.

3 hours ago, meee said:

WHAAAT???? I just made a prediction over in that thread that she was done! Isn't she like 43?

Okay so I guess boy named Caleb or girl named Deborah? 

She is 43. I agree about your name guesses. 

As always I hope for a boy. 

Am surprised but not surprised. Consider that there are probably more "change of life" babies  in the general population than we realize.  My very Catholic mother had  her last  two children at age 45 and 47.  Melanie could wind up with 7-8 total if her fertility stretches out another 4 years.  I feel pretty sad for the ABC girls whose fate as sister moms is now sealed.

Wow. Melanie looks great. I’m pretty surprised. When they say high-risk, do they mean they could lose the baby or they could lose Melanie? How tragic would that be to leave those kids without her! 

Meanwhile, I’m only 2 years older than her and I can’t imagine doing it all again right now. I know people do but man. I’m tired. Mine are teenagers and I’m TIRED!

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Actually said "for fuck's sake" out loud when I read the news. Seems like, given Melanie's age and pregnancy history, they knew this was going to be high risk but I bet they didn't take any steps to prevent it. 

Is there anything they would take as a sign from the Lord that it's time to stop? Anything? Bueller? 

No.  No, there is not.  Because theoretical babies' lives are more important than women's lives.

Nathan's word salad is hardly any better than Sarah's. I gather that he has to inject Melanie with progesterone or something? But why do they have two different sizes of needles? And more to the point, does he really have to tell us perfect strangers about it, let alone in such a weirdly roundabout way?

Also I get why *he* would be grateful to add yet another precious arrow to his quiver, but why not let *Melanie*, who is, you know, putting her own body on the line for another one of those high risks, tell us herself how she's so grateful to subject herself to injections to carry baby number 6, sorry, baby letter C or D (depending on the looks of its genitals)?

I think Caleb is the safest bet for a boy. Nathan and Melanie don't strike me as the type to choose a name similar to on of their other children's names, so probably no Christian. They'll want something Biblical, but there aren't a lot of good male C names in the Bible. I mean, I suppose they could choose Cephas or Cornelius, but Nathan and Melanie tend to like more mainstream names. 

Deborah is most likely for a girl, unless they want to complete a second round of ABC. I suppose they could use Danielle, but somehow I don't think they would. 

I'd guess Charles first if a boy, Dorothy for a girl as I also think Nathan and Melanie run more mainstream with names.   They will give a biblical or virtue middle name.  I think Deborah is a perfectly fine biblical girl name but fundies these days avoid it.  Probably because biblical Deborah was not a submissive woman.

7 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Melanie is pregnant and due in May, on Abigail’s birthday. The Maxwells admit that the pregnancy is high risk.

ETA: I suspected she was pregnant (and I’ve thought NR-Anna is too) ever since the Maxwells posted that photo of them chatting with hands on their midriffs a month or so ago. Possibly the post about a garden work party? There was a photo with Melanie in the background looking pregnant, too - same occasion.

Yep, I said she looked like she was expecting after I saw that pic. I think it was one of the "behind the scene" pics from the annual family photo.

1 hour ago, Ex 2x2 said:

Wow. Melanie looks great. I’m pretty surprised. When they say high-risk, do they mean they could lose the baby or they could lose Melanie? How tragic would that be to leave those kids without her! 

Meanwhile, I’m only 2 years older than her and I can’t imagine doing it all again right now. I know people do but man. I’m tired. Mine are teenagers and I’m TIRED!

As I understand it the high risk is for the baby not Melanie.

Whoever said Nate doesn't sound thrilled is right: I just read the announcement. "Mixed blessing?" Nate, you dillhole, YOU knocked her up! 

Remember a few months ago when the Pecans shocked us with Destiny? I would laugh if Nathan and Melanie went with Destiny too. 

I'm not surprised at all. I just had a feeling she would have one more. And of course they would never take precautions to avoid a risky pregnancy! 

They signed it 'Nathan, Melanie and Crew'. Maybe they're not talking about 'the crew'. Maybe the baby's name is Crew. I mean, it fits the ABC pattern. :P 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived