IGNORED

Texas Senate Race: Beto O'Rourke vs. Ted Cruz

Cartmann99

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a serious question. Are Ted's people actually trying to get him big interviews and just can't find anybody who wants to talk to him? 

It feels like Cruz's people are not doing much in general this election. I can only remember seeing 2 ads for Cruz so far. There's a theory that his team is borrowing from Perry's reelection by not bothering to produce things like yard signs & really anything marketing wise.

Plus when Cruz came to my current town for election purposes it as barely known and so far he only down 2 stops about a week or two apart. One of those stops the public was given 24 maybe a max of 48 hours in advanced and it looked like he barely packed the bar section of Betty Rose. I get that this area should be a safe bet for Cruz but I can see Beto getting very close to him in votes.

I did post this in another thread but so far in my neighborhood within one mile there is 4 Beto houses with yard signs and 1 Cruz. I plan tomorrow after work I'll probably drive around the neighborhoods near ACU (and the multitude of other universities) to see if any popped up in the area since August. I like to keep a mini tally of the yard signs I see.

30 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The fuck is wrong with white people 

Don't worry. It's just a poll.

I do not for one single second believe someone will vote for Cruz instead of Beto because bbq. People are stupid, they may love their bbq's, but if they are dem or independant, they won't switch to the dark side because of that inane argument. I have a sneaky suspicion that these results are meant to energize people to go out and vote. 'Shit, the numbers for the dem candidate are down, we can't have that, we'll have to get out and vote, even though we weren't planning to before.'

The only thing that matters is the election result. Do not get in a tizzy about some silly poll numbers -- except when they serve to get you to go out and vote, that is.

I kind of wish Beto lived in a friendlier state. He seems like the real deal, and I'd love to see what he can do on the national stage. I still fear Texas might be too knee jerk Republican.

5 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I kind of wish Beto lived in a friendlier state. He seems like the real deal, and I'd love to see what he can do on the national stage. I still fear Texas might be too knee jerk Republican.

Maybe not knee jerk Repugliklan, but I fear that Texas may be much too gerrymandered. Beto may get a great many more votes and still loose because of the extreme gerrymandering. 

I have to admit that I don't really know how bad the gerrymandering actually is -- I may be wrong about the extent. @Howl or @Cartmann99 will have more accurate information on that.

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Maybe not knee jerk Repugliklan, but I fear that Texas may be much too gerrymandered. Beto may get a great many more votes and still loose because of the extreme gerrymandering. 

I have to admit that I don't really know how bad the gerrymandering actually is -- I may be wrong about the extent. @Howl or @Cartmann99 will have more accurate information on that.

I know this must be confusing, but gerrymandering will not be an issue in this particular race. Voters in the United States are not divided up into districts for the purpose of choosing a United States Senator. 

I seen some articles over the last couple of weeks talking about if Beto lose this race that it would actually be a good lead up if he wanted to President.

Lyin' Ted and Beto are doing a debate at 6pm Friday night. The debate is being held in Dallas, so that will be 6pm central time. If you are in Texas, please use this link to see if your any of your local television stations will be carrying the debate. I was actually going to pull out my tv antenna and watch this, but it looks like none of my local channels are carrying it. :pb_rollseyes:  The debate will be an hour long.

According to an article I read from the Dallas newspaper, the live stream options will be:

NBCDFW.com

dallasnews.com

I have no idea if their streams will work outside of Texas. I'll post again tomorrow if I find out more information about where and how to watch.

The Texas Tribune has a page up saying you can watch the Cruz-O'Rourke debate on their website tonight:

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/09/21/ted-cruz-beto-orourke-debate-watch-texas-senate/

C-Span is carrying it as well:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?451689-1/senator-ted-cruz-rep-beto-orourke-face-texas-senate-debate

Archived