IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

Oh so much snark on this one. It's called hide and seek Sarah! And you did not invent it, trust me.  Cuddles require actual contact, lying down next to each other doesn't count. Oh, and good thing your family enjoys babies. The rest of the universe hates them. Can't stand the sight of them. Would never consider holding one on our lap. 

I'd get excited about Anna traveling to meet people she's not related to but suspect that might be an accountability partnership thing with Chris who came to take pictures of the wedding. 

What a sad life. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote from Sarah’s current post:  “grilled pizza Anna made” 

am I the only one that heard Yoda’s voice when I read that?

Steve does not look well in those birthday photos. Not snarking, I'm dead serious. His color is really sallow and his skin looks paper-thin. Not a doctor, at all, but he looks anemic at the very least. I get a bad feeling looking at those pics.

I know they think they need to take pictures of everything "for the blog", but I don't get it.  I can barely be arsed to document a birthday, much less take pics of:

-two people standing in front of a car door getting ready to drive somewhere

-two people holding coffee

-someone washing a windshield 

-someone standing with a bag of cheese

-anyone sitting at a table waiting to consume standard food

-six people only two of whom are smiling yet the caption is "smiles all around"

I guess I have to wait for Anna's next birthday post to learn if she does, or does not, like yellow jackets in her coffee.

Woah, woah, woah! Is Mary only wearing one shirt (gray with white polka dots) in some of these pictures? Combine that with all of the leg she's showing in that first pic and I think I know why Steve looks ill.

ETA- I actually don't think he looks particularly ill.

40 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I know they think they need to take pictures of everything "for the blog", but I don't get it.  I can barely be arsed to document a birthday, much less take pics of:

Arnold looks like he shares your sentiment in the pic with Chris's family and the shortbread.

My quote for today:

"Anna took Calia on a rain walk. Talk about adorable."

So a kid peering into a storm drain is "adorable"?? This family....

2 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

My quote for today:

"Anna took Calia on a rain walk. Talk about adorable."

So a kid peering into a storm drain is "adorable"?? This family....

that was one (of pretty much all of them) that bothered me too.  yes, children's curiosity is a beautiful thing to observe, but "adorable" is far from the right adjective.  it makes me think of a "pat her on the head, tell her she's cute, and send her on her way" mentality, which minimizes any genuine thought Calia is giving to the water disappearing down that storm drain.  i know she's only three, but what a way to squash her growing intellect.  Anna could have spent a minute or so talking in age-appropriate terms about underground "tunnels", and maybe put some leaves in the gutter and watch them flow with the water.  but maybe Anna did, and i'm overthinking this; i hope so.  

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

The funny thing is that I read this blog and at the end I actually thought, “wow this was pretty exciting for them”

Oh, and btw, how come Stevehovah gets to wear what looks like a white undershirt to the table while all the women are so covered up? Seems unfair. I'd rather see lady boobs on their blog than manboobs ?

6 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Why do they do this?

“We celebrated Dad’s birthday with just our immediate family. Then, we did a triple birthday party (Dad, Mom, and Mary’s) with all the relatives a bit later.”

Siblings are not “relatives” they are your immediate family. This just drives me crazy. 

So Coward Steve gets two birthday parties?  Fuck him.

1 minute ago, SPHASH said:

So Coward Steve gets two birthday parties?  Fuck him.

Of course he does. He has such a big ego he probably things he should be celebrated even when it’s someone else’s birthday. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

that was one (of pretty much all of them) that bothered me too.  yes, children's curiosity is a beautiful thing to observe, but "adorable" is far from the right adjective.  it makes me think of a "pat her on the head, tell her she's cute, and send her on her way" mentality, which minimizes any genuine thought Calia is giving to the water disappearing down that storm drain.  i know she's only three, but what a way to squash her growing intellect.  Anna could have spent a minute or so talking in age-appropriate terms about underground "tunnels", and maybe put some leaves in the gutter and watch them flow with the water.  but maybe Anna did, and i'm overthinking this; i hope so.  

Or read the real Winnie the Pooh and tossed Pooh sticks into the water.... won't happen. Never. They make Eyeore seem bright, cheerful and full of pep. And, squashing intellect is a parent's job according to Steve! Just look at Sarah--she thinks she's a "real" writer. So cute.

2 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Oh, and btw, how come Stevehovah gets to wear what looks like a white undershirt to the table while all the women are so covered up? Seems unfair. I'd rather see lady boobs on their blog than manboobs ?

Lol. I mean, I think Steve is aware he isn't about to cause anyone to stumble. Lol What annoys me to no end is when Jessie walks around in skin tight t-shirts (one at a time of course) and that's no problemo. Oh that's right, women aren't visual and prone to stumble like men are. ?

Ellie's so damn adorable ❤️ My "dog fever" is getting worse day by day.

Jesse looks pretty nice these days :whistle: He has some serious chest muscles going on. Luckily we women are not defrauded by looks.

2 hours ago, Dru said:

Lol. I mean, I think Steve is aware he isn't about to cause anyone to stumble. Lol What annoys me to no end is when Jessie walks around in skin tight t-shirts (one at a time of course) and that's no problemo. Oh that's right, women aren't visual and prone to stumble like men are. ?

I've shared my Modesty for Men post many times here, but I'll do so again. Maybe Steve will learn https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/9881/

8 hours ago, catlady said:

Quote from Sarah’s current post:  “grilled pizza Anna made” 

am I the only one that heard Yoda’s voice when I read that?

Nope. But, to be fair, Sarah could not have written "Anna made grilled pizza." because on Planet Maxwell the passive voice must always be used.

The photo with two people standing behind the car with the trunk open.  What the heck is the bag of chips doing hovering over what’s his names head?  Oh the excitement!

Sarah captioned the final photo “smiles all around”, but the only smiles I can see are on Anna and Mary.

9 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Oh so much snark on this one. It's called hide and seek Sarah! And you did not invent it, trust me.  Cuddles require actual contact, lying down next to each other doesn't count. Oh, and good thing your family enjoys babies. The rest of the universe hates them. Can't stand the sight of them. Would never consider holding one on our lap. 

I'd get excited about Anna traveling to meet people she's not related to but suspect that might be an accountability partnership thing with Chris who came to take pictures of the wedding. 

What a sad life. 

I don't think Chris, as a married man, needs any sort of accountability partner. I believe he traveled to weddings alone long before NR-Anna.

50 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Nope. But, to be fair, Sarah could not have written "Anna made grilled pizza." because on Planet Maxwell the passive voice must always be used.

Or even “This is the grilled pizza that Anna made.”  I know she’s just using her own casual conversational voice here, but it just doesn’t translate well to writing. And she calls herself an author. This is also the second post where she captioned Ellie and Arnold with “these two.”  Yes, one might say “these two” in verbal conversation, and one’s tone would convey affection or other emotion; but it doesn’t work on the blog. “These two” what?  Tails?  Nostrils on the knocked-up dog?  These two naughty pets just tracked in a lot of mud?  It’s a thorough absence of detail that leaves the reader guessing at what Sarah means.  

ETA:  if only Sarah would share the grilled pizza recipe; i’ve never heard of this, but it sounds interesting. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived