IGNORED

Life in a shoe-How to deal with Social workers at your door.

tabitha2

Pertussis ran rampant through my daughter's school a few years ago, striking the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. The county health department said that there were new mutations of Bordetella pertussis, against which the existing vaccine is not effective. M ydaughter's lungs are similarly messed up from it.

I'm sorry your daughter's lungs are messed up too. It is truly the pits.

I have heard that people are catching it despite being vaccinated, but I will still be vaccinating any potential future children as I believe that there is a smaller chance of catching it.

I can't get many vaccines any more as I have developed an egg allergy that was diagnosed after getting the flu shot a few years ago. The other winter when we had the swine flu outbreak my doctor promised me and my dad (high risk) immediate access to tamiflu should either of us catch it. They just don't think it is worth the risk of an anaphylactic shock for me.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And on the non-vax discussion...

My niece is 15 months. She took a header into her parents bed the other day. Banged up her lip. She has fallen in the tub. And generally just bashed herself up. She is fast. :D Kids fall. Kids get into things. Sure you can childproof until they are in bubbles...but I'm sure they will still find a way to hurt themselves. And I firmly believe it is better for us as a society to ask questions than not. Usually they just end up being an annecdote the family can use to torture the kid with when they are a sullen :lol: but for those cases when they aren't isn't it better to ask one time to many.

I'm not sure, honestly. I know they did attempt to child-proof the house, in particular that coffee table, but I don't know what kept happening to the cushioning. They did tell me they'd child-proofed it when they recounted this story to me, but I've forgotten the explanation.

I tried to childproof the house, but they keep getting back in!

Hello Ladybug from the sunny coast of southern CA.

My son had a reaction to his first TDap shot and we didn't do the pertussis after that. When he was in 6th grade he got mono and strep twice. Then he got pertussis. If I never have to hear that cough again, it'll be too soon. Next week when he goes to the doctor for a checkup I'm going to suggest that he gets all of his vaccinations updated. He's 23. My daughter has had the gardisal vax and has the pertussis booster because she works in a day care facility with 18-24 months old.

We had a visit from CPS when my evil stepsister lied to them about what happened to her child, who we never saw alone, and at that very rarely. The child was molested by her neighbor who was her babysitter. The ESS when cornered lies about everything so why not lie about us, who she was pissed at because after using her for a babysitter, my husband came home and found the kids sleeping at 11AM along with her. He blew a gasket and she was pissed at him and me. The social workers and a sheriff came to the kids school and demanded to speak to them, this upset the school secretary so badly she had a stroke (my husband worked at the district and was well known and well liked). The kids were confused. I called my mom and asked her if she knew what was going on and she was told to lie to me. Finally she told me what happened. I was furious and it took me a long time to forgive the ESS for what she did, actually I'm still pissed at her and this is 17 years later.

The ESS daughter was taken from my parents home where she lived and to the ER to be checked out. She had a bad diaper rash and that was all. Shortly after that CPS came and interviewed the children again at home. It was found that the charges and allegations were unfounded and were the rantings of a bad mother. Now that child is 19, still living with my mother (age 86) and limits her contact with the still crazy ESS.

It was a huge thing at the time but we were honest to the CPS, to the sheriff's department and everyone else and were found faultless.

I tried to childproof the house, but they keep getting back in!

LOL, kind of like ants that way. :twisted:

Meh. My son is in a headbutting contest with everything in his path. You can't get rid of the damn walls.

True, but she said she kept hitting her head on the coffee table, something that *can* be moved. That's all I'm saying - remove something that can be removed to make the area safer.

LOL, kind of like ants that way. :twisted:

Thank you for the best laugh yet today. And as you are all too aware, I love me kids.

Thanks to all for the Ladybug love. We will photograph the map and post it this weekend. She wants to hug you all (her words), I want to hug most of you. Except for bionicmlle, to whom I think I am still betrothed, but I don't know anymore, what with the kids and the husband...but until our husbands discuss its demise, I can't touch.

True, but she said she kept hitting her head on the coffee table, something that *can* be moved. That's all I'm saying - remove something that can be removed to make the area safer.

I went through a phase of hitting my head on things, but it was like lightning, never hit the same place twice. It did land me in the ER once.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did move it somewhere else and I kept hitting my head on it anyway. Or if they put some sort of foam thing on the edges that kept falling off or something. I really don't remember what happened, since I was only like a year old at the time...

It makes me wonder, too, who pays for those emergency room visits.

When LiaS has to take her kids to the ER with the Whooping Cough,

Samaritan Ministries does not cover those visits (my understanding).

I seriously doubt she can afford it.

You can get most if not all vaccines for free from the public heath office.

But she'd rather promote her agenda at taxpayer expense.

(To be fair, this is conjecture on my part.)

I am pretty much disgusted that she did take the kids to the ER for that. Not because they didn't need treatment - they probably did - but because by taking the kids to the ER while they were infectious, they exposed a shiteload of other people, some of whom might have had genuine reasons not to vaccinate, some of whom might have had compromised immune systems, to whooping cough.

A visit to the family doctor, prearranged so as to not expose other people in the waiting room, would have been better surely. Had they needed emergency care, I do hope the phoned the ER in advance and arranged to go into a separate waiting area so as to quarantine themselves.

Great point, Sola. She promoted her no vaccine agenda at the expense of

1) her kids health 2) other people's health and 3) other people's expense.

That's a self-centered lifestyle. That's not something you do in the name of Christianity.

I am pretty much disgusted that she did take the kids to the ER for that. Not because they didn't need treatment - they probably did - but because by taking the kids to the ER while they were infectious, they exposed a shiteload of other people, some of whom might have had genuine reasons not to vaccinate, some of whom might have had compromised immune systems, to whooping cough.

A visit to the family doctor, prearranged so as to not expose other people in the waiting room, would have been better surely. Had they needed emergency care, I do hope the phoned the ER in advance and arranged to go into a separate waiting area so as to quarantine themselves.

But visiting the family doctor often requires the money up front, especially when you don't have real health insurance. By visiting the ER, they can get treated right then and there, and then skip out on the bill (not saying they do that for sure, but I know of 2 other families who almost brag about getting "free" medical care that way). If they actually do pay in full for the ER visits, then they haven't really saved any money by going with Samaritan.

Archived