IGNORED

Most disturbing movie

Lillybee

I think that the most disturbing movies that i have watched were Soldier Blue and the Devils of Loudain. Both movies led me to question what I was taught in school.

Recently, for me, it was Fight Club. If I hadn't been there with others and without my own car, I would have certainly left.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna have to say "Sleepwalkers." It was on last night and we watched it. Ugh. *shudder*

What has been seen cannot be unseen... :shock:

Not one I've watched all the way through, but I walked in on my mom watching Cool Hand Luke during the egg scene. I have a serious aversion to eggs and that has give me pseudo-flash backs and everything.

The Deer Hunter. Also anything where a person is hit by a train.

The first Final Destination...it triggers my OCD, and the scene where the girl gets hit by a bus is almost unwatchable.

I can and have watched very gory films without batting an eyelid. However at the time I watched that film I lived with a girl who had PTSD as a result of seeing someone hit and killed by a bus.

She sometimes needed to tell people what it was like seeing it, when it was preying on her mind. I know, therefore, details that no one ever wants to know.

So that film....not one I would see again...and I have watched extreme horror without a qualm.

• 2 weeks later...

The Human Centipede. It blows my mind that someone could even come up with that concept. Even for a fictional movie. I can't believe people can be that twisted.

The Human Centipede. It blows my mind that someone could even come up with that concept. Even for a fictional movie. I can't believe people can be that twisted.

Do I dare ask what it's about? I am such a wimp... I hate horror movies and I am too afraid to look up the wikipedia entry on it.

I heard that 'The Human Centipede 2' has been banned in England due to the shocking nature of the movie :shock:

Requiem for a Dream http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180093/ Not that it was a bad movie, just that it was disturbing and almost painful. The pacing of the movie combined with the subject matter was masterful, but it's very hard to watch.

If you thought that was bad, you should watch a documentary called Dope Sick Love. It's about two drug-addicted couples living NYC. The filmmaker pretty much just followed them around without any narration whatsoever. It's really, really disturbing to see how their desires completely consume them. After watching one of them shoot up and then clean his syringe with toilet water, I will never look at public restrooms the same again. :shock:

SOT, I aim to please and like horror

The basic plot of the Human Centipede is stitching people together. Arse to mouth. The first one was fairly normal horror, the second was considered extreme and depraved which is our censors' way of saying there is no artistic merit and it's likely to incite callousness to human life. The second is about a guy who gets sexually excited over what happened in the first Human Centipede. He does things to the centipede I will not describe. It was resubmitted to the board of censors here with heavy cuts and passed. Not interested in either film, got a mate who saw both, he said the first was alright and the second was rubbish.

The movie that disturbed me the most was probably the Jeff Goldblum remake of The Fly, which I saw when I was maybe seven. I haven't seen it since then but several of the scenes are totally burned into my brain.

It probably wouldn't have disturbed me as much if I had seen it as a teenager or adult, but that shit showed up in my nightmares for years afterwards! I once asked my mom what she regrets as a parent and the first thing she said was 'watching The Fly with you.'

SOT, I aim to please and like horror

The basic plot of the Human Centipede is stitching people together. Arse to mouth. The first one was fairly normal horror, the second was considered extreme and depraved which is our censors' way of saying there is no artistic merit and it's likely to incite callousness to human life. The second is about a guy who gets sexually excited over what happened in the first Human Centipede. He does things to the centipede I will not describe. It was resubmitted to the board of censors here with heavy cuts and passed. Not interested in either film, got a mate who saw both, he said the first was alright and the second was rubbish.

Eew!! What has been read cannot be unread... :shock:

Sorry about that! That HC is gross cannot be denied. However, a second problem...pointlessness.

"A Serbian Film" and various other horrors are grim watching, but "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Fight Club" are too, and there are two things they all share that HC does not. Artistic merit (to varying degrees) and an actual point they're trying to make.

I can watch action films with no perceivable point. ;) But generally one needs something, and HC by all accounts has nothing.

Sorry about that! That HC is gross cannot be denied. However, a second problem...pointlessness.

"A Serbian Film" and various other horrors are grim watching, but "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Fight Club" are too, and there are two things they all share that HC does not. Artistic merit (to varying degrees) and an actual point they're trying to make.

I can watch action films with no perceivable point. ;) But generally one needs something, and HC by all accounts has nothing.

Yes, exactly. I thought the same about 'Saw'. It is the combination of depravity and nihilism which makes some of those movies really twisted and amoral to me.

I mean, what is the premise of such a movie? And what kind of a culture are we living in that we want to make such twisted movies?

I try not to be a moralist... but sometimes I just can't help myself. Gross.

Archived