IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Do they cut it up into smaller pieces before serving it? I eat watermellon and cantelope and other fruits with a fork, but only if it's cut into pieces like a fruit salad.

It would be interesting to see someone cutting up a big hunk of watermellon on a plate like a steak.

Like steak. Which is why I went for a hand grab when a slice was put on my plate.  

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How you eat is so different all over the world and I wouldn't dream of commenting negatively on the norms of folks in other countries. But I can't help but comment on the Maxwells. They often feel like they are their own little weird country in the middle of the US cut off from real life. Their use of bibs on 4 year olds just goes with eating pizza (that isn't absolutely covered in toppings) with a knife and fork. Everything is just so neat and tidy in Maxhell. Except for their office. That was a hot mess.

On 12/6/2017 at 8:04 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The pizza party picture made me sad. Who eats pizza with a knife and fork?!?! The Maxwells, that's who. 

:confused2:

My husband eats almost everything with a knife and fork. Not sandwiches and not soup but pretty much everything else. 

In the region of Sweden I grew up in it is/was common to eat burgers with a knife and fork. Almost all people I know that were born in the 60s or earlier do, and some younger ones too. If we had burgers with my dad around a knife and fork was a must, he was grossed out by anyone eating a burger holding it in their hands. I have to admit that sometimes  if I have a double burger I eat it with a knife and fork but most of the time I use my hands. 

Their is a local place by me where I like to get a burger with blue cheese. It's so good. I have eaten it with a knife and fork before because it just so good that sometimes with a bun it's hard to really taste it. 

11 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Sarah actually getting her book finished and ready for distribution is reminding me how horribly lazy a writer I've been :(

Maybe so, but just think of the difference in your output versus hers.

7 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Ok pizza: the best way to eat it is cut a slice then fold it like a book with the topping inside and eat it! Yummy, no oil that greas your hands and no topping going around :56247955dd693_32(12):

Or just order a calzone. Or a stromboli, but those are hard to find around these parts.

:pizza:

I eat pizza both ways, depending. Usually cut-n-grab works fine for me, but if it's an office lunch, say, I might break out the fork and knife so people don't see me just snarfing down slice after slice of BBQ chicken. Same with pasta—if a spoon is provided with my spaghetti, I'll probably use it. Which I guess isn't very authentic, but why worry about it unless I'm actually in Italy. :pb_lol:

I'm apparently the odd bird that eats watermelon or cantaloupe, etc, with a knife and fork.  I do not like getting watermelon juice all over myself.  Since I started the knife and fork business, I eat much more watermelon.

8 minutes ago, Naga Viper said:

Maybe so, but just think of the difference in your output versus hers.

Or just order a calzone. Or a stromboli, but those are hard to find around these parts.

:pizza:

I eat pizza both ways, depending. Usually cut-n-grab works fine for me, but if it's an office lunch, say, I might break out the fork and knife so people don't see me just snarfing down slice after slice of BBQ chicken. Same with pasta—if a spoon is provided with my spaghetti, I'll probably use it. Which I guess isn't very authentic, but why worry about it unless I'm actually in Italy. :pb_lol:

Well yes there is also the Calzone (that i really live if it is good by the way) ahahha i like your way of thinking. I'm guessing that in an office lunch or something like that i could are myself use the fork, but i'm bit sure if i could way spaghetti with a spoon 

New post up about John's house. I really like the kitchen floor tiles. They go well with the gray walls. I think they will have the nicest and most current looking home amongst the Maxwells. 

But John is looking so thin! Hurry and fatten him up Chelsy! Poor guy is wasting away.

IMG_5761.PNG

Wow, Anna looks really great in all those pictures! I think actually doing something/working toward something tangible and real (rather than performing a bunch of scheduled busywork in a mindless parade day after day) must suit her. 

2 hours ago, elliha said:

My husband eats almost everything with a knife and fork. Not sandwiches and not soup but pretty much everything else. 

In the region of Sweden I grew up in it is/was common to eat burgers with a knife and fork. Almost all people I know that were born in the 60s or earlier do, and some younger ones too. If we had burgers with my dad around a knife and fork was a must, he was grossed out by anyone eating a burger holding it in their hands. I have to admit that sometimes  if I have a double burger I eat it with a knife and fork but most of the time I use my hands. 

What part of Sweden are you from.  I was there in 2015, visited Tallberg and More in Dalarna County and Stockholm.

Oops, this was a reply for the JRod thread but somehow I ended up posting here? Nothing to see, move along here. ;) 

@nausicaa, back in the late ‘60s, a couple of my aunts visited relatives in Italy, and were astonished to see someone neatly peeling and eating a pear with a knife and fork. More recently, at my Peruvian neighbors’ cookout, I was surprised when they recommended eating a barbecued steak with my hands like a spare rib.

17 minutes ago, bertnee said:

Oops, this was a reply for the JRod thread but somehow I ended up posting here? Nothing to see, move along here. ;) 

I wonder what Lord Stevehova or uptight Terri would have to say about being mistaken for Queen Jill :evil-laugh:

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

New post up about John's house. I really like the kitchen floor tiles. They go well with the gray walls. I think they will have the nicest and most current looking home amongst the Maxwells. 

But John is looking so thin! Hurry and fatten him up Chelsy! Poor guy is wasting away.

IMG_5761.PNG

does John have any employment to support himself and Chelsy?

On 12/6/2017 at 6:13 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

They're the most boring family on earth. I still find them weirdly fascinating, maybe because I think Steve is a sociopath.

I find it interesting that of all the Boeing engineers I know or have known, at least 90% of them are every bit as cold and controlling as Steve.

33 minutes ago, Word said:

does John have any employment to support himself and Chelsy?

He has his real estate license. I don't know how successful he is but he could probably support his family better than some fundies.

16 hours ago, Foursquare said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In her bio on the Bontrager website, Chelsy lists one of her heroes of the faith as Jael.  Jael was a major badass.  When a Canaanite general fleeing from the Israelites in a losing battle got to Jael's tent, she let him in and gave him milk and a blanket. After he had fallen asleep, she hammered a tent peg through his temple into the ground (Judges 4).  I would love to know what Chelsy admires about Jael.

I know if I were John I'd be careful not get Chelsy angry and then fall asleep without apologizing.

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

What part of Sweden are you from.  I was there in 2015, visited Tallberg and More in Dalarna County and Stockholm.

I am from Norrbotten in the far north. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

IMG_5761.PNG

Christopher looks gaunt. Too many days fasting? Compared to Nathan, he looks skeletal. John's probably so busy getting his house ready that he's not eating properly.

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I find it interesting that of all the Boeing engineers I know or have known, at least 90% of them are every bit as cold and controlling as Steve.

O golly golly golly .... I know two aeronautical engineers. Both with a couple of advanced degrees, both very well compensated, both with wives who are undereducated, socially stupid (ignorant of the niceties) and extremely poorly groomed. 

I don’t know the engineers well enough to know if they’re cold & controlling, but did Terifying finish college, or quit once she got that MRS degree [sic]?

Terifying is not socially inept - she’s a confident public speaker and follows the script to the last dot in their shows.

While she isn’t a conventionally beautiful woman, she certainly does nothing to highlight her good features. (Yes, I’m still in the cut-your-hair camp. Even to mid-neck engagement, it would suit her SO much more than her current!)

So what comes first: the aeronautical interest or the need to look better than everybody else & be in control?

6 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm apparently the odd bird that eats watermelon or cantaloupe, etc, with a knife and fork.  I do not like getting watermelon juice all over myself.  Since I started the knife and fork business, I eat much more watermelon.

I'll eat watermelon with my hands of there is still rind.  But if it's already cut off the rind, I'd prefer a fork.  Eitherway, it's only an occasional treat due to the sugar content.

3 hours ago, terranova said:

John has lost a lootttt of weight in a short time. I hope he is ok.

What if he is fasting due to doubts Stevehova is planting in his head, questioning his upcoming marriage? He might be engaging in excessive prayer and fasting... I hope not, but what if? :/

27 minutes ago, formerhsfundie said:

What if he is fasting due to doubts Stevehova is planting in his head, questioning his upcoming marriage? He might be engaging in excessive prayer and fasting... I hope not, but what if? :/

what if?  if so, then Steve is an even bigger d-bag than i imagined.

Teri's hair length doesn't bother me much, but it does look dry, coarse, and damaged as if she washes it in cheap shampoo and never conditions it.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived