IGNORED

Trump 25: Stephen King’s Next Horror Story

Destiny

The Code Talkers are awesome.  In the late 1990s, I often drove from southerwestern Colorado to Flagstaff through Tuba City, AZ, where there was a Code Talkers exhibit in the local Burger King.  Now they have their own museum. Their code was never broken.  In addition, when these guys were drafted, they were already tough and used to rugged outdoor conditions. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I just can't even with this. I just... can't.

And then this?

Seriously. What.the.fuck?

The news was full of a bunch of "WTF is happening" moments for me today. This was one of them, but also the fact that because of this, the media went berserk asking questions about it. I am sure he didn't expect the response to be positive, so it seems he is getting what he wants based on the response.

Then you have Franken's weird as shit presser today. I don't even know wtf the point was.

And...let's not forget Pelosi's ramblings.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Melania's Christmas decorations look a bit like late Halloween to me.  Are they losing the war on Christmas?

With either Alan Parsons Project's "Time" or Mac DeMarco's "On The Level" piped in over the intercom system.

Gee, what a surprise (note sarcasm); "Trump could personally benefit from last-minute change to Senate tax bill"

Spoiler

Last-minute changes to the Senate tax bill could personally benefit President Trump, who has investment stakes in roughly 500 entities that could be affected by the planned adjustments.

Republicans are seriously considering expanding a new tax credit that these types of entities use to lower their taxable income in a way that benefits most people tied to these firms. Trump and other senior administration officials have been in personal contact with lawmakers about the changes.

The changes focus on “pass-through” entities, companies that direct income through the individual income tax code and not the corporate tax code. There are millions of these entities, and they are most often sole proprietorships, limited liability companies or partnerships. Trump’s stakes in these entities include many large and small ventures, including the Trump Organization.

Trump’s 2005 tax return showed that he had more than $109 million in income from businesses, partnerships and pass-through entities, although he has not released updated figures, so the precise impact is not known.

Trump has become the first president in 40 years to refuse to release his tax returns, making it hard to know exactly how much he would gain from his tax policy. But a letter from Trump’s lawyers last year said nearly all his companies count as pass-through entities.

“You hold interests as the sole or principal owner in approximately 500 separate entities,” Morgan Lewis attorneys Sheri Dillon and William Nelson wrote in a letter released by the Trump campaign. “Because you operate these businesses almost exclusively through sole proprietorships and/or closely held partnerships, your personal federal income tax returns are inordinately large and complex for an individual.”

Many of Trump’s signature properties, including the Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., and the Trump-branded golf courses across the country, are linked to limited liability companies that would qualify as pass-throughs under the tax code, financial disclosure filings show.

Senate Republicans have proposed changing the way these firms pay taxes, allowing them to deduct 17.4 percent of their income from their taxable income.

But Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has said he would not support such a bill because he doesn’t believe it’s generous enough for pass-through entities. Now Republican negotiators, to mollify Johnson, are looking at changing the tax bill and expanding it to allow people to deduct 20 percent of a firm’s income.

Such a change could expand the tax benefit for Trump because of his investments, although the precise details of the change couldn’t be learned. Such details would affect what benefit — if any — Trump would receive.

“The President’s top priorities are delivering tax cuts for the middle class and making our businesses competitive again, both of which will jumpstart our economy. Everyone will benefit when our economy is performing at its best,” said Raj Shah, the White House’s deputy press secretary.

Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.) has privately expressed concerns to White House officials that are similar to the ones raised by Johnson, and Daines personally spoke with Trump about the pass-through issue Sunday night.

... < tweet >

Trump on Monday didn’t say what specific changes to the tax bill would look like, although he did say the provision relating to pass-throughs would be made simpler.

... < tweet >

Democrats have attacked the GOP tax proposals and alleged that they would disproportionately benefit companies while offering limited and temporary benefits for families and individuals. Trump has said he would not personally benefit from the tax changes, telling senators that his accountant said he would actually fare worse under the tax bill than if no changes were made. But the White House has not offered any details to explain how he came to this viewpoint, and many say Trump and his family would benefit greatly.

“He would definitely benefit personally, and in a number of different ways,” said Steven M. Rosenthal, senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center, an organization that analyzes tax proposals and is often criticized by congressional Republicans for its reports that have found limited benefits to their tax ideas.

The tax-cut bill that passed the House of Representatives would treat pass-through entities differently than the Senate bill would.

The House bill would cut the top tax rate these entities pay from 39.6 percent to 25 percent, while the Senate bill would instead allow these companies to deduct a percentage of their income.

Firms that pay taxes through the corporate tax code would see their tax rate fall from 35 percent to 20 percent under both the House and Senate bills, a change many chief executives support because it would lower their taxes. But there has been more hand-wringing over the treatment of pass-through entities.

Johnson said the tax treatment of these entities in the Senate bill is not generous enough and puts them at a disadvantage. Republicans have looked at ways to grow this deduction, possibly allowing companies to deduct about 20 percent of their income, according to four people briefed on the talks who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to discuss ongoing negotiations.

Johnson’s office has said he did not support an initial version of the Senate bill because it would have roughly doubled the gap between corporate tax rates and the income tax rates pass-throughs pay. Pass-through entities — S corps, partnerships and limited liability companies — are frequently small businesses, but they can also be large entities, such as National Football League teams, Fiat Chrysler, a Koch Industries subsidiary and big liquor distributors. Johnson also has a personal stake in several pass-through entities from his corporate background, but his office said the changes he is pushing would not benefit him personally.

Millions of firms pay their taxes as pass-throughs, but tax writers for months have been concerned that people could easily take advantage of special tax treatment to avoid paying taxes. For example, a hedge fund manager or wealthy doctor could try to design their tax status in a way so they could qualify as a “pass-through” and pay a lower tax rate than people who earn much less money. Republican tax writers have said they have tried to develop ways to prevent such tax avoidance, but it’s unclear whether their strategies would work.

The support of Johnson is crucial because the GOP controls 52 votes in the 100-seat Senate, and Republicans can only afford to lose only two votes if they want to pass their bill with a simple majority. They did receive some good news Monday, however, when Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) announced he would back the measure.

In an opinion piece published by Fox News, Paul wrote that the Senate GOP tax bill wasn’t perfect — he hoped for even bigger cuts — but said that Congress could come back and do more at a later time. He also said he was pleased with the inclusion of a provision repealing the individual mandate in the Affordable Care Act, which creates penalties for many Americans if they don’t have health insurance.

“This tax bill is a true test for my colleagues. I’m not getting everything I want — far from it. But I’ve been immersed in this process. I’ve fought for and received major changes for the better — and I plan to vote for this bill as it stands right now,” Paul wrote.

“I urge my colleagues to do the same. I urge you, their constituents, to make sure they hear from you.”

So, the TT would get a tax break, plus he would get the bonus of decimating the ACA. Argh.

46 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I am sure he didn't expect the response to be positive, so it seems he is getting what he wants based on the response.

He knew it would be positive with his base who don't actually give one shit about Native Americans and that is what he cares about.  I don't think the answer it to ignore the horrific behavior of our president. This never, ever needs to be seen as normal. Every single time he does something awful people should react in horror. 

1 hour ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

Then you have Franken's weird as shit presser today. I don't even know wtf the point was.

You mean he didn't scream FAKE NEWS! and recognised merit in the victims' recounts? So unusual and weird! He even APOLOGISED? WTF? He should have denied the evidence! /sarcasm

If I was any sort of hero I wouldn't accept an invitation to see that orange fuckhead even if the good Lord Jesus Christ came down and asked me to as a personal favor to Him.

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

You mean he didn't scream FAKE NEWS! and recognised merit in the victims' recounts? So unusual and weird! He even APOLOGISED? WTF? He should have denied the evidence! /sarcasm

Well, he apologized so all should be forgiven. His "apology" was pretty broad. An apology doesn't get you off the hook for for sexual assault. Is it REALLY an apology when while "recognizing" the merit of the victims accusations while saying you "recall that differently?"

Who cares anyway? It is just a photo of him laughing and making a joke.  He is great because he has a (D) next to his name. His apology for his silly joke should be forgiven!! /sarcasm.

(All while you completely ignored what Pelosi said.)

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

He knew it would be positive with his base who don't actually give one shit about Native Americans and that is what he cares about.  I don't think the answer it to ignore the horrific behavior of our president. This never, ever needs to be seen as normal. Every single time he does something awful people should react in horror. 

It is fine to react in horror. That doesn't mean it is more important than something like, well, the tax bill? Also, claiming his "base" doesn't give a shit about Native Americans is based on....what? I am not saying you are wrong, I am just asking you to clarify.

I read today that dictionary dot com said that complicit is their 2017 word of the year.

I would expand on that with:

- unprecedented

- stunning

- collusion

And my personal favorite:

- embarrassing

40 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

Also, claiming his "base" doesn't give a shit about Native Americans is based on....what? I am not saying you are wrong, I am just asking you to clarify.

Basing it on living in a Trump love area and all the people I know. Can you tell me any signs that the main Trump base cares about Native Americans, their history and what is happening to them today?

I love Stephen King's take on the TT's "Time" obsession:

20171127_king.PNG

2 hours ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

Well, he apologized so all should be forgiven. His "apology" was pretty broad. An apology doesn't get you off the hook for for sexual assault. Is it REALLY an apology when while "recognizing" the merit of the victims accusations while saying you "recall that differently?"

Who cares anyway? It is just a photo of him laughing and making a joke.  He is great because he has a (D) next to his name. His apology for his silly joke should be forgiven!! /sarcasm

This is all true. Except that if he had denied, spouted shit, victim blamed, doubled down when called out and, most important of all, had a (R) near his name, you would have found nothing objectionable.

As for what Pelosi supposedly rambled about I have no idea and I don't exactly care. Her being just the head if the minority party in a country that isn't even my own doesn't put her very high in my interest, especially considering that your actual, you know, POTUS (the one with the nuclear codes, the one who thinks CNN represents the US abroad, the one who's a documented sexual harasser that you don't find enough outrage to criticise with half the words you used for Franken) rambles enough every day for the whole Senate.

This seventh everpregnant is as stupid as all the previous ones. I wonder if she can finally have her spawn and go away. Probably she doesn't want to waste the socks she's wearing, might be the last ones. But can't we have a smarter reincarnation just for a change?

This is a good one in reply to the TT whining about CNN:

20171127_time.PNG

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

This is all true. Except that if he had denied, spouted shit, victim blamed, doubled down when called out and, most important of all, had a (R) near his name, you would have found nothing objectionable.

If there is photographic evidence and someone denied, I would hope everyone would be outraged regardless of party.   Fraken's apology came off a bit Spacey-esque to me.

As for what Pelosi supposedly rambled about I have no idea and I don't exactly care. Her being just the head if the minority party in a country that isn't even my own doesn't put her very high in my interest, especially considering that your actual, you know, POTUS (the one with the nuclear codes, the one who thinks CNN represents the US abroad, the one who's a documented sexual harasser that you don't find enough outrage to criticise with half the words you used for Franken) rambles enough every day for the whole Senate.

She didn't supposedly ramble about something. She actually said it, and as is typical with Pelosi, she was rambling.  So while I understand you are up on American Politics to know enough that Pelosi rambles, however, you seem to lack the understanding of how important being the House Minority Leader is...or the fact that she was the Speaker of the House and the first woman to do so. 

I have never seen photos of Trump assaulting a woman. I have seen photos of Fraken doing so and don't find it funny to assault women in their sleep at all. That is utterly disgusting.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Basing it on living in a Trump love area and all the people I know. Can you tell me any signs that the main Trump base cares about Native Americans, their history and what is happening to them today?

Unfortunately I have Trump supporters in my family who have enough Native American heritage to be card carrying tribe members. (It's pretty common in Oklahoma.) And no, I don't get the impression that even they particularly care about Native American issues.

1 hour ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I have never seen photos of  Trump assaulting a woman.

Please tell me you're fucking joking cos you can't be that stupid. Right?

Half the world heard him brag about doing just that. Everyone saw him calling women pigs, slobs and dogs. He demeaned the many women who came forward denouncing his harassment. When confronted he deflected and screamed FAKE NEWS!

Not only this isn't enough to get a fraction of the outrage you have expressed towards Franken but you, and people like you, rewarded him with the presidency, thus gifting us all with the consequences of his demented dotage. Thank you. And sorry if I can't take seriously your selective outrage.

BTW I think Franken should go together with Trump, Moore and all the harassers that fill the ranks of politics, starting with those who have the bigger responsibilities, such as your beloved President.

Please tell me you're fucking joking cos you can't be that stupid. Right?
Half the world heard him brag about doing just that. Everyone saw him calling women pigs, slobs and dogs. He demeaned the many women who came forward denouncing his harassment. When confronted he deflected and screamed FAKE NEWS!
Not only this isn't enough to get a fraction of the outrage you have expressed towards Franken but you, and people like you, rewarded him with the presidency, thus gifting us all with the consequences of his demented dotage. Thank you. And sorry if I can't take seriously your selective outrage.
BTW I think Franken should go together with Trump, Moore and all the harassers that fill the ranks of politics, starting with those who have the bigger responsibilities, such as your beloved President.
What the fuck are you freaking out about? Me saying Trump, Fraken and Pelosi all did things that made me think "wtf?"

You seem so tightly wound. That or you aren't "listening" to what I am saying. Or both. Either way, you might want to consider some relaxation techniques if you want to be taken seriously.

I just feel like caring about minority issues and supporting Trump are mutually incompatible positions. If anyone paid any attention Trump's racism was no secret

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

And no, I don't get the impression that even they particularly care about Native American issues.

This is sad, but seems typical of the Trump base, which is why I asked @OtterRuletheWorld what signs have ever been shown that the Trump(or even Trump) base actually does care about Native American issues. His base seems to lean on the side that gets upset when people speak ill of Columbus and point out that the wall would go through Native American land. 

There aren't a lot of signs that Trump's base cares about anything that doesn't relate to white Christians. 

7 hours ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I have seen photos of Fraken doing so and don't find it funny to assault women in their sleep at all. That is utterly disgusting.

I don't either. But at least he apologized and the woman in the picture accepted his apology and said she didn't think there needs to be a ethics investigation. I think his career is pretty much over. If he was a republican he would be fine and Trump would be saying that the women were liars. 

7 hours ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I have never seen photos of Trump assaulting a woman.

But I'm assuming you have heard him brag and describe how he sexually assaults women? And you have read(or heard) him describe how he would barge back into the Miss Universe pageants when no men were supposed to be back there because "he owned it"? You've heard him offer support to Moore who by saying "He says it didn't happen". You've heard the multiple accusations against him of sexual assault?  We also haven't seen him apologizing and admitting he was wrong. And he is the fucking president. He gets away with this because he has an (r) by his name and his base would vote for him even if there was a picture of him assaulting women. He can brag about it and they don't care. 

5 hours ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

What the fuck are you freaking out about? Me saying Trump, Fraken and Pelosi all did things that made me think "wtf?".

No dear you never condemn Trump, your posts are always "yes he did this but oh look at that shiny object there" or "yes he did that but Hillary/Obama/Pelosi/Franken...".

And if you can't understand why people are freaking out I can't help you, nobody can make you understand what you don't want to understand. And nobody can fix stupid.

5 hours ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

You seem so tightly wound. That or you aren't "listening" to what I am saying. Or both. Either way, you might want to consider some relaxation techniques if you want to be taken seriously.

:pb_lol: says the one known for her brilliant reading comprehension.

Then this happened today

Democratic leaders announced Tuesday that they will not attend a previously scheduled meeting with President Donald Trump after the President tweeted Tuesday morning that the meeting likely wouldn't result in a deal about funding the government.

"Meeting with 'Chuck and Nancy' today about keeping government open and working. Problem is they want illegal immigrants flooding into our Country unchecked, are weak on Crime and want to substantially RAISE Taxes. I don't see a deal!" Trump tweeted.

The tweet appeared to irritate Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, who announced in a statement they'll bail on the meeting, which was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, given Trump's belief that they can't find a compromise.

"Given that the President doesn't see a deal between Democrats and the White House, we believe the best path forward is to continue negotiating with our Republican counterparts in Congress instead," Pelosi and Schumer said in their joint statement. "Rather than going to the White House for a show meeting that won't result in an agreement, we've asked (Senate Majority Leader Mitch) McConnell and (House Speaker Paul) Ryan to meet this afternoon."

If I was in Congress I wouldn't meet that orange fornicate no matter how nice he was to me.

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

And you have read(or heard) him describe how he would barge back into the Miss Universe pageants when no men were supposed to be back there because "he owned it"?

Yes, he said this in an interview with Howard Stern I believe. And there were also claims by four girls that during the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant he did the same thing. One of the girls went on record publicly and the others wanted to remain anonymous. These were fifteen and sixteen year old girls. According to them, he did not act like this was accidental or that he was remorseful.

I am also ready to slap him about this Pocahontas bull shit. My grandmother's grandmother was a Cherokee Indian. I look quite a lot like Elizabeth Warren. He needs to shut his mouth because he is appallingly, but not surprisingly ignorant about native Americans. Native Americans are just that. The people who were here before Europeans came to this continent. There is not a specific "look". It would be like expecting everyone from western Europe to look exactly the same. Sometimes I wonder if he gets instructions every morning on how to be as offensive as possible. Oh, that's right, "Fox and Friends". 

17 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Then this happened today

If I was in Congress I wouldn't meet that orange fornicate no matter how nice he was to me.

As I'm not partial to the way he is 'nice' to women, if the tangerine toddler ever tried to be nice to me, I think he'd find my knee in his groin.

I absolutely love what Chuck and Nancy have done today. :clap: 

They've hit him where it hurts the most: his ego. They are pointedly and quite publicly calling him out and then ignoring him. How that must grate on his inflated sense of self. :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived