IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Back in Arkansas?

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

But he was also borne of a human woman. So he'd have to be a Half-Blood. Unless Mary was like... God's gestational carrier?

(Also, I need to go back and reread this thread now because I forgot how we wound up combining Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and Jesus. :pb_lol:)

Well, as the one who brought Percy Jackson into it... it was the question of the married Jesus' offspring and whether their DNA would be human or divine. 

Only on FJ!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Thanks for that this is NOT what I was taught. I believe you, I'm just telling you what I was told in CCD and at church.  This was 30 years ago aw well, so.

Interestingly enough, I went to Catholic school starting in 1960 and that was what I was taught. 

18 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

That is not what the immaculate conception means.  The immaculate conception means Mary was conceived without original sin.  It's a very common misunderstanding.

Coconut Flan, I stand corrected. Thank you. 

A little ashamed how I forgot all of my teachings:embarrassed:

To me, the divinity of Christ, and his humanness, are miracles similar to that of transubstantiation: whether or not the bread and wine become the Body and Blood. 

People figure out ways to work it out in their own minds and help them understand.

For me, some of this is right up there with whether or not Mary and Joseph went on to have Jesus's brothers and sisters. I don't care whether they did or not, but I think it's likely.

Same with whether or not Jesus married. Probably not on that one, although, to be called Rabbi, one is usually married. But even as a child, people remarked on his teachings and how astute he was, so maybe he was an exception.

Yeah, this is not what I was taught either. I think this is something that just the Catholic Church believes. Other Christians believe that the conception was the immaculate part, not Mary herself. She was just a regular girl that was blessed by the Lord, not that she was born without sin. 

2 hours ago, viii said:

Yeah, this is not what I was taught either. I think this is something that just the Catholic Church believes. Other Christians believe that the conception was the immaculate part, not Mary herself. She was just a regular girl that was blessed by the Lord, not that she was born without sin. 

Yes, the Immaculate Conception is a Catholic doctrine. Other Christians don't call the conception of Jesus "immaculate" instead. It's just a term that has had its meaning continually confused. 

If this was asked before, I apologize. 

I'm watching the 7/10 episode and the proposal for Austin and Joy.    It looks like his dad and friend take the two little girls down the mountain - so who is left to chaperone Austin and Joy while they are up on the mountain and having dinner?

Just now, VBOY9977 said:

It was his dad and Jason who took the girls, and his friend Aaron stayed to chaperone

Thank you.  

I didn't think a non relative male would have been permitted to chaperone - because , you know, guys will be guys......

Joy & Austin have a congrats Jill & Dwreck on DFO. If someone could be lamb and link my phone is being stoopid.

22 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Joy & Austin have a congrats Jill & Dwreck on DFO. If someone could be lamb and link my phone is being stoopid.

Here you go:

Huh. So much not said in that video. I'm truly concerned for Jill, yall.

Are we sure they read here?  Sometimes it seems like they do, but if they did they would be stepping forward to say something . . . 

3 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Could Joy and Austin stand ANY closer to one another? 

Sure, she could be sitting on his face. Might make talking difficult. 

Just now, FeministFunPolice said:

Sure, she could be sitting on his face. Might make talking difficult. 

:brainbleach:

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

:brainbleach:

Am I the only one who wonders about the inner workings of fundie sex? 

1 hour ago, FeministFunPolice said:

Am I the only one who wonders about the inner workings of fundie sex? 

I honestly wonder if any of those women have ever had an orgasm much less know what it is. :NAWAK:

I'm pretty sure we've discussed this before, and most of them seem to read this book that's surprisingly positive about sex (I mean, by fundie standards). As in, the wife's pleasure is definitely taken into account, valued and made a priority. I can't recall the name or the author, though. I have no idea what individual fundie couple's sex lives are like, and I definitely do not want to know. Or imagine.

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm pretty sure we've discussed this before, and most of them seem to read this book that's surprisingly positive about sex (I mean, by fundie standards). As in, the wife's pleasure is definitely taken into account, valued and made a priority. I can't recall the name or the author, though. I have no idea what individual fundie couple's sex lives are like, and I definitely do not want to know. Or imagine.

Tim LaHaye (co-author of the Left Behind books) and his wife, Beverly, wrote a fundiegelical-approved sex manual back in the day. I can't attest to the contents, though, as I left conservative Christianity long before I would have needed such a book (32 years and counting...still happily unmarried)!

7 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Tim LaHaye (co-author of the Left Behind books) and his wife, Beverly, wrote a fundiegelical-approved sex manual back in the day. I can't attest to the contents, though, as I left conservative Christianity long before I would have needed such a book (32 years and counting...still happily unmarried)!

This book? The Act of Marriage?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Act_of_Marriage#Chapter_3:_What_Lovemaking_Means_to_a_Woman

"Remember that while you may not be in the mood....you are capable of responding and "getting into the mood." - The Act of Marriage

:pb_rollseyes:

Has she even been married long enough to be having good sex? :my_angel:

seiously, I can't remember how long they've been married. A month?

Both of their tones of voice are so flat! I'd have thought they would have been more excited...either they're not comfortable taking videos of themselves at all or there's something else going on.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived