Sarah Palin Reduced to Running Right Wing Click Bait Site

47of74

I'm just shaking my head:

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 5

Just now, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm just shaking my head:

Usurp? Oh look, someone must have given Sarah a word of the day calendar!

(Not snarking on the word, just the ditzy mouth that's coming out of. Palin has never struck me as a woman who's been exceptionally bright.)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

I love this response to Sarah's crap:

image.png.6495a6a087d35ddc83fd9796bfc8b174.png

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Haha 9

But her emails...and Benghazi.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 5

She knows those two phrases are still red meat to Trump supporters. After Hillary is long gone from this Earth I'm sure that there will still be people of the wackadoodles who will bring up Hillary's emails and Benghazi.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Why is she so SHINY? Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s methamphetamine. 

Maybe we are being too hard on her. Did she actually specify Abraham Lincoln, 16th POTUS, or otherwise clarify which Lincoln she was referencing? She may have meant her dealer, Abe- Brah- Ham who has ties in the mob. Just speculation but how funny if they got it.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Sarah lost the special election to fill out the remainder of the late Don Young’s house seat. She is still in the running for the full term in the November election. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/31/politics/alaska-house-seat-ranked-choice-ballots/index.html

• Upvote 8

Just saw the Alaska results flash across the screen and let out a very unsportsmanlike cackle. I hope Palin is wallowing in her failure, and that she loses by even more of a margin in November. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

I think it’s interesting that the Democrat won. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

The Lincoln Project tweeted this clip from the HBO movie, "Game Change". If you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch. An all-star cast, including Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I think it’s interesting that the Democrat won. 

She threw a fit too. 

Mary won, and she's pretty conservative, but she won. I think some of it is anti-Palin sentiment - people who've been around for a while don't like her or her family, they don't like her behavior, and they don't like that she quit. The corporations and trade groups were really pushing the "rank the two candidates who are pro-development" but, where as in the past they would say who those candidates are, they just sort of left it with the candidates answers to various questions.

I wonder what this will mean for November. This particular special election was odd- first go at ranked choice - 48 candidates- mail in state wide. The second round was supposed to be Palin, Begich (R), Peltola (D), and Dr Gross (I). But Dr Gross dropped out and they wouldn't put the 5th place person on the ballot. So we only had three, and everyone I know was like "no not palin" she's embarrassing and weird and will probably quit in 5 minutes anyway. 

Anyway, so it'll be interesting if Begich is convinced to drop out to consolidate 1st round votes. If so, it will just be the same as every other election, but Peltola will get the incumbent bump

• Upvote 9

53 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I thought of you when I saw those results @Maggie Mae. I'm glad that Alaska didn't fall for her crap again.

Well, plenty of Alaskans or at least people who sometimes live in Alaska did fall for her. There's a lot of factors in this race. 

I'm not looking forward to the push to repeal the ranked voting referendum. 

FYI Track Palin got himself another DUI last week. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

FYI Track Palin got himself another DUI last week. 

Well he did have all that PTSD from being nowhere near any combat and driving around generals.  

So are you able to give any insight into the rumors that Sarah was pregnant when she and Hot Toddy got married?  I personally don't care if people are pregnant or even have kids before they are married but in her case she's such a hypocrite in so many ways it would just add to it all.  Also the rumors about the little one (I can't remember his name) actually being Bristol's baby?  Last- what about Track going into the military to avoid going to jail for cutting brake lines on school buses?  I admit I am really curious.  

I, too, cackled when I heard she lost.  I am trying to find information about the fit she threw.  I have seen comments about it on a few different sites but can't find any news reports on it. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Well he did have all that PTSD from being nowhere near any combat and driving around generals.  

I don't want to defend Track here, because he sucks. But people can get PTSD even if they weren't in a combat role. I don't want to diminish anyone else who might have PTSD from what they saw in the military (or not in the military) just because they aren't what PTSD looks like in the media. 

So are you able to give any insight into the rumors that Sarah was pregnant when she and Hot Toddy got married? 

Do you mean Todd Palin?  I don't know but I don't think it matters, nor would I be surprised. I don't like the hypocrisy either. 

I personally don't care if people are pregnant or even have kids before they are married but in her case she's such a hypocrite in so many ways it would just add to it all.  Also the rumors about the little one (I can't remember his name) actually being Bristol's baby? 

I think it's unlikely but not impossible that Trig is Bristol's. It's pretty rare for a teenager's first pregnancy to have Down Syndrome. I also don't know how they would have been able to keep that a secret and have it continue to remain a secret. The way that family fights and airs out their dirty laundry, along with how small Wasilla / Alaska is, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

Last- what about Track going into the military to avoid going to jail for cutting brake lines on school buses?  I admit I am really curious.  

I'm not entirely sure they actually cut the break lines, from what I understand they cut the engine block heaters and smashed windows, tires, and mirrors. It was so bad they had to close school for a day. I could see Sarah/Todd/Extended family arguing off book for leniency, while they also push him to join the military. Convincing your "troubled" teen to join the military as a way to "straighten up" is a thing here. We also have a military boarding school on base and it is intense.  

I, too, cackled when I heard she lost.  I am trying to find information about the fit she threw.  I have seen comments about it on a few different sites but can't find any news reports on it. 

The video linked below is the only released video, it's from a local reporter,  Sucks that whatever click bait site that is didn't credit the person who took it. She went on for a bit and threw some snipes at Begich. I think her general attitude has been sort of a problem for many alaskans. Other than the MAGA/Save Anchorage weirdos, most people don't want the yelling and disruption and southern attitudes/mannerisms. It comes off as overly hostile and antagonistic.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Also the rumors about the little one (I can't remember his name) actually being Bristol's baby? 

At the time, there were some credible reports that something hinky was going on with the entire pregnancy saga.  No one in her office knew and she didn't look pregnant until the very end.  I know that happens sometimes but then she flew back from Texas when she said she was in labor but never told the airline that flew her and went immediately to a small local hospital -- not a larger one that could handle an at-risk pregnancy involving a baby with issues.  The hospital where the baby was born didn't even list him as being born that day.  We never saw a birth certificate.  Everything was very hush hush.

This is Palin 4 weeks before the baby was born:

Spoiler

991483197_Screenshot(10987).png.d18d9c58e9f41cc58ab484c19ce5bdb3.png

The mainstream media didn't even pursue it.  It's as if they'd been warned to let it go.  And the candidate for Vice President didn't want people speculating on her teenage daughter.

As far as secrets and small towns -- I think they keep secrets better.  They protect their own and people's silence can be bought.  I grew up in a small town and had a friend who looked nothing at all like his dad but did suspiciously look exactly like another local guy who was a friend of the dad's.  To this day, that's remained a family secret.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Xan said:

At the time, there were some credible reports that something hinky was going on with the entire pregnancy saga.  No one in her office knew and she didn't look pregnant until the very end.  I know that happens sometimes but then she flew back from Texas when she said she was in labor but never told the airline that flew her and went immediately to a small local hospital -- not a larger one that could handle an at-risk pregnancy involving a baby with issues.  The hospital where the baby was born didn't even list him as being born that day.  We never saw a birth certificate.  Everything was very hush hush.

This is Palin 4 weeks before the baby was born:

Hide contents

991483197_Screenshot(10987).png.d18d9c58e9f41cc58ab484c19ce5bdb3.png

The mainstream media didn't even pursue it.  It's as if they'd been warned to let it go.  And the candidate for Vice President didn't want people speculating on her teenage daughter.

As far as secrets and small towns -- I think they keep secrets better.  They protect their own and people's silence can be bought.  I grew up in a small town and had a friend who looked nothing at all like his dad but did suspiciously look exactly like another local guy who was a friend of the dad's.  To this day, that's remained a family secret.

Was Bristol pregnant with her first at the Convention? I seem to remember the baby’s dad Levi something was there

• Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing, Xan. That’s interesting. I was under the impression Sarah & Bristol were pregnant simultaneously. She certainly didn’t look pregnant!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Thanks for sharing, Xan. That’s interesting. I was under the impression Sarah & Bristol were pregnant simultaneously. She certainly didn’t look pregnant!

No.  Sarah announced Bristol's pregnancy when her last baby was six months old.  She said that Bristol was several months pregnant at that point but the details were sketchy.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

@Maggie Mae thank you for the clarification about the damage to the busses. I do understand your point about PTSD and it is well taken. It just always made me angry that she a) blamed Obama; b) sent the kid into the military to avoid criminal charges/punishment; c) made it sound like the kid was at the front lines which in my view diminished the role of the people who really were in serious danger; and d) blamed it all on the military service when the bus damage clearly shows he had some issues BEFORE the military that should have been properly treated instead of shoved under the rug. 

Yes, Hot Toddy is Todd. I agree it shouldn’t matter if she was pregnant at the altar but the hypocrisy is sickening. She tried to portray this whole pure family image while trying to hide Bristol’s pregnancy until it couldn’t be hidden anymore. Levi didn’t show up on the scene until the pregnancy was outed. Until then Bristol was either holding Trig with blankets strategically draped around her belly or was behind someone to hide her. It wasn’t until some outside source revealed it that Levi showed up, Sarah talked about it, and the whole “they didn’t abort and are getting married” thing started. That’s why I wonder about the rumors of pre-wedding pregnancy. It’s all the raging hypocrisy.

@Xan your information is correct. There were very weird and medically questionable circumstances surrounding her labor and birth. The kind of medically questionable things that had credible OB/GYNs saying it would be potential malpractice. Also didn’t Bristol have a lengthy case of mono around the time Sarah suddenly started showing & was out of school until after Trig was born? Interesting about the birth certificate as Palin was one of the Obama birth certificate nuts. 

McCain and his people blew it by not properly vetting her. They helped pave the road for Trump. Let’s hope she loses in November. We don’t need her joining the Nut Hut.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

A good one from The Washington Post: "It’s official: Sarah Palin cost the GOP a House seat"

Sarah Palin has made no secret since her loss in the Alaska special congressional election last week that she doesn’t appreciate the state’s new ranked-choice voting system, which she and other prominent conservatives have blamed for her loss.

They should blame Sarah Palin.

Whatever you think about ranked-choice voting, one of its benefits is that it can show you just how good each candidate was at appealing to the broader electorate — the stated purpose of the system. And new data confirms something that seemed pretty evident last week: Palin cost her party a House seat it otherwise very likely would have won.

The state Division of Elections has put out new data on how the election went down. And the data suggest that the other Republican in the race, Nick Begich, would have defeated Rep.-elect Mary Peltola (D) if the race had boiled down to the two of them.

Under the state’s system, Begich was eliminated when he finished in third place. That meant his voters who ranked the remaining two candidates below Begich saw their votes distributed to their second choice. Palin won about half of those voters, while Peltola won 28 percent of them (with the rest not ranking either of them). But it wasn’t enough: Peltola led by enough on first-choice votes that she defeated Palin by about three points.

In doing so, a Democrat won a seat that had gone for Donald Trump by 10 points in the 2020 election.

Begich, it appears, would not have suffered the same fate in a scenario in which Palin had been eliminated instead. According to a review by FairVote, 59 percent of Palin’s voters would have gone to Begich, while just 6 percent would’ve gone to Peltola — far less than the 28 percent of Begich-first voters who crossed the aisle.

Given Peltola took about 40 percent of first-choice voters and Begich took about 28 percent, that would mean Begich would have surpassed her with relative ease once the second-choice ballots were counted. He would have won by about five points, compared with Palin’s three-point loss.

There are some caveats, including that some voters might have adjusted their votes if polls suggested Begich, rather than Palin, was the favorite to make the final two. But Begich’s five-point margin — and the fact that he would’ve overtaken Peltola even though he trailed by more than Palin among first-choice voters — is very instructive. We’re also dealing with a situation in which we’re divvying up more Palin voters than would have existed had she finished third. But the fact that so few Palin-first voters ranked Peltola ahead of Begich also suggests that virtually any drop-off by Palin would accrue to Begich’s benefit. He was obviously the more broadly acceptable candidate; it was only a matter of how superior he was to Palin on that front and whether it would have been enough.

And importantly, that five-point margin would have been in line with other recent special elections, in which Republicans have generally underperformed the 2020 election results by a handful of points. But with Palin in the final two, the GOP did worse than in any other recent special election, relative to 2020.

Palin responded to her loss like you might expect: blaming lots of factors besides the candidate who actually lost the head-to-head. She decried ranked-choice voting, which she labeled a “newfangled, cockamamie system.” She even went so far as to urge Begich to drop out of the November general election (which features the same system and same three candidates), reasoning that she finished ahead of him on first-choice votes and that he would just “split” the vote again.

That, of course, isn’t really how ranked-choice voting works. People are welcome to choose whomever they want as their first choice, but they can still have their votes counted if that candidate doesn’t make the final two by ranking others they’d like to see win, in order.

Palin, of course, has never been terribly interested in such pragmatism. She also expressly suggested her supporters shouldn’t bother with ranking Begich and even toyed with the idea of ranking Peltola second on her ballot.

It’s not clear how much that advice actually penetrated. But it’s fair to deduce that, on top of Palin’s well-demonstrated divisiveness, it didn’t help. If you declare Begich wasn’t worthy of being your voters’ second choice, you can’t really complain when Begich voters decide that same thing about you.

The question for Palin’s party now is how it responds to this new data. Despite Palin’s claims that Begich should drop out, he can now credibly claim Palin is the one who truly jeopardizes this seat. “I would’ve won!” is a pretty strong message, and the gap between the two of them in first-choice votes — Palin led by about three points, 31 percent to 28 percent — is small enough that Begich needn’t gain too much to overtake Palin and make the final matchup with Peltola.

Palin, of course, only lost to Peltola by three points, and the general election could be more favorable to the GOP. So anybody with designs on getting her out of the race shouldn’t hold their breath. But it’s pretty obvious that if she sticks it out, she just might risk costing the GOP a seat — again.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

My word, she's a moron:

What in world salad gibberish hell is she talking about? And who still says "peeps" these days (unless talking about the delicious, delicious marshmallow sugar coated heavenly treats.)

• Upvote 3