IGNORED

John Shrader Part 12: Empty Baptismal, Empty Brains

FundieFarmer

19 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

Me-thinks John reads here seeing as he just so happened to repost the aforementioned poem when it was recently mentioned in this thread? He has to. It's too coincidental. 

He didn't repost it, that was from last year. It must have been during a time when his posts were friends-only.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i grew up in a family of nine

I was very good I didn't whine too much

Everything went along fine

Until the death threat against me written in blood that took up everyone's time

We still don't know who did it, Blime-y!

So I took off into the pines

Without the ties that bind

To build a little shrine to Jesus

To see if he'd give me some time

But then I had to dine

The food was really fine abut there wasn't enough of it

And then I said my prayers and did a line

All of it was mine mine mine

And the I got a sign from Jesus

Telling me it was time to quit writing any more pomes ever

That was the 12th of never.

Praise Jesus!!

John

@Carol wow that is so much like John's it's scary. Umm...are you John? 

John failed at being a pastor...

in the USA, so he saw,

a reason to move to sub suharan Africa

with his 9 kids and wife Esther 

he grifted so much, helped by his Dad,

free jinger assumed Zambia was a fad.

but John did stay although converts soon left,

they saw through his bullshit & selfishness

esther had 2 kids and now onto number three,

while in sub suharan Africa she did breed.

john has only 2 converts (of only one we are sure),

so they may as well have stayed home & had kids galore.

Yea he's wasted so much money and resources that's true,

but keeps grifting more from idiots. Boo!

so ends my amazing john inspired rhyme,

What will come next as he continues to not shine?!

I suspect John is reading here and is a bit miffed that nobody believes he has 6-7,000 books. He made a post saying he is building shelves so he can start unboxing his books. I'll believe you John, when you show us that many books. 

Where is that Bible display case John?! And what happened to the well? 

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I suspect John is reading here and is a bit miffed that nobody believes he has 6-7,000 books. He made a post saying he is building shelves so he can start unboxing his books. I'll believe you John, when you show us that many books. 

I'd settle for seeing the boxes. Because that's a crap-ton of boxes. 

Yeah, I will need to see the very large storage room he has been paying for to store all these books. Even 7,000 small pamphlets would take up a good bit of room. 

I really wish we could find out what happened to the well. The plane question has been finally answered(John paid a lot of money for a pile of junk), but the well he made such a big deal out of didn't even make his video where he went on and on about all the stuff he did in Zambia. Clearly something went down with the well that he doesn't want to talk about so he is hoping people will just forget. We don't forget, John. 

7 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

I'd settle for seeing the boxes. Because that's a crap-ton of boxes. 

yep; i moved about 600 books to my current house 10 years ago, bought about 375 more, and sold 700 of them last summer.  so i'm well aware that even *one tenth* of what Johnny claims to have is still a shitload of books, and incredibly heavy.  so i too will need to see the many large crates, and the many yards of shelving, before i believe him.

So John just posted a thing about how Calvin just stole all his ideas from Augustine. This exchange followed, in which John is just a piece of crap to someone who is probably bankrolling his mission.

So then why does the Catholic Church not believe in Calvinism if their greatest theologian held to it?

To which John replies:

Ask them. Are you denying that Calvin took his beliefs from Augustine? Are you disputing that Augustine was Roman Catholic? Are you disagreeing that the R.C.C. claims Augustine as their greatest Theologian? 

I stand by my statement according to historical fact. 

Past that, feel free to go ask a Catholic.

I'm not one! 

Yeah, if you're going to make the claim, you should be able to back it up.

On Facebook, John reports that he is busy building bookcases for his Print Shop.  He built an 8' tall case for Esther, and has plans to build five more at 4' wide each.  He'll have those 6000 books shelved in no time!  :pb_neutral:

It looks like the church planting is going forward in Mulamba "in Kafue, in Mulamba, and beyond..."

John is very cranky about Calvinism.  Here is a snippet from John's reply to another poster's response on the topic:  "Been accused more than once of being a follower of that murderer [Calvin] because of my carefulness with souls and preaching of repentance."  I wonder what the story is behind this assertion?  Inquiring minds...

Calvin was influenced by Augustine, it's not the same as stealing his ideas. Some say Augustine was influenced by Plato and Aristotle. It doesn't mean he stole their ideas. 

The Catholic Church recognizes many great Theologins. Aquinas was a pretty big deal too. They also recognize women Theologians like Catherine of Sienna, St Teresa of Avila, and St, Therese is Lisieux who was also very young and died at the age of 24. I don't think John would be humble enough to learn from them though. He could learn a lot from St Therese of Lisieux too. I'm afraid her teachings are over John's inflated head. She actually had very little education and surely never read a fraction of the number of books John as claimed to of read, yet she is a doctor of the Catholic Church. The good news is that John's 'teachings' will die with him, thank FSM.

He talks about teaching the precious little ones, why do they look so unhappy?One girl looks like she is crying. To be fair there are a couple of kids smiling in the second picture.

I don't think he knows what he is talking about. I think he just regurgitates things he has heard,to sound smart.

New prayer letter is up! They had a visitor from a competing "church" (because all but John Boy's own church deserve scare quotes, they're just pretend churches) and John just can't resist giving us all the juicy gossip... this woman is supposedly in a relationship with a preacher, sorry, "preacher", of a "large well-known Charismatic denomination", has three children by him, and has been asked to attend John's church so no one finds out. 

...yeah, I call bullshit :D No one in their right mind would send anyone to Shrader for purposes of keeping something a secret! 

Goes on to talking about everybody having burdens for things and passing out tracts, and translations and blah blah. I'm doing things! Things are getting done! Things!

Awkwardly uses "heritage of the Lord" as synonym for "child", as in, "My wife is getting ready to produce our 11th heritage of the Lord", immediately followed by a heartwarming mention of one of his more-than-one converts saying "the people in darkness have seen a great light" at his 40th birthday. Slightly on the nose perhaps...

On 7/7/2017 at 9:44 PM, CTRLZero said:

On Facebook, John reports that he is busy building bookcases for his Print Shop.  He built an 8' tall case for Esther, and has plans to build five more at 4' wide each.  He'll have those 6000 books shelved in no time!  :pb_neutral:

Let's assume (on the side of caution nonetheless) that the average width of one of John's books is 1/2". He would still have 3000 inches of books, or 250 feet of books. Even if all of them were short enough to fit six rows to a shelf he'd still need 42 feet of ceiling to floor bookshelf space!! And considering the fact your average Bible is over an inch wide & John's collection likely includes many of those, as well as dictionaries & theological/historical books such as Martyr's Mirror & commentaries which are often quite large......

:think:

Yeah my bet is John's a liar. 

I see he started out the prayer letter by defending his "burden" for Zambia. We're probably not the only ones wondering why he's converting a country full of christians to christianity. 

His story about "Tamara" attending his church is absolutely ridiculous. A pastor has lived with a woman for long enough that they have 3 kids together, but he's going to keep his congregation from finding out by sending her to another church for services? In what universe would that ever work? And what were they doing before Shrader started his church? The whole thing makes no sense. 

Aaannd we have another mention of John's birthday. DID ANYONE HEAR THAT JOHN SHRADER WAS 40 LAST MONTH?!!

With John his stories and claims of personal facts, one has to give a side eye, audibly say "You gotta be shitting me," finished with a face palm. To take him seriously is to embrace a high level of credulity. As the guys over at Cognitive Dissonance say every week "Credulity is not a virtue."

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:32 AM, formergothardite said:

He made a post saying he is building shelves so he can start unboxing his books.

After seeing that mess he rigged up to hold a video camera to film himself driving, I seriously doubt he could build any damn thing.  Maybe stack cinderblocks and boards, but hell, a five-year old could do that.

Maybe he could attempt a "doggerel desk."  The time he wastes doing that will spare additional electrons from being horribly disturbed in another attempt at self-aggrandizement (if that's a real word!!)

Note he doesn't mention the latest blessing till the end of the newsletter.

44 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Note he doesn't mention the latest blessing till the end of the newsletter.

He did the same with the last baby. I wonder if he's getting bored of having children. 

Interesting that there was no mention that the books should have formed the fantasy library of  the fantasy seminary/bible college.  Bless your heart, John. 

Oh, and I was looking up face-palm Jesus images and came across this meme, which I really liked!

Screenshot 2017-07-11 at 12.25.44 PM.png

20 hours ago, Granwych said:

After seeing that mess he rigged up to hold a video camera to film himself driving, I seriously doubt he could build any damn thing.  Maybe stack cinderblocks and boards, but hell, a five-year old could do that.

Maybe he could attempt a "doggerel desk."  The time he wastes doing that will spare additional electrons from being horribly disturbed in another attempt at self-aggrandizement (if that's a real word!!)

Imagine the inside of John boys brain, just a fizzing, whizzing, blue flashing mess of brain cells all totally tired of his nonsense. Just whirling aimlessly, crashing into each other. A myriad of unicorn colours. Not a sensible thought emitting from any of them. Ever again.

I agree with the people that think he's counting each Bible as 66 books (even more if he has the Apocrypha)

17 hours ago, Jellybean said:

I agree with the people that think he's counting each Bible as 66 books (even more if he has the Apocrypha)

I very much doubt he owns a Catholic or Orthodox Bible--or would read one if someone checked it out of the library. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, anjulibai said:

He did the same with the last baby. I wonder if he's getting bored of having children. 

Like he gives them so much attention ever.  The kids' birthday cakes probably get more scrutiny than the kids do.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived