IGNORED

Do you think the J'Slaves look alike?

muffynbear

I don't think Jessa looks like ANYONE in that family. When I first saw the Duggars I thought "Wait... where did she come from?" She, Jedidiah, Jason, and Jordyn don't really look like either parent.

I've always thought Jessa must be someone else's kid. I agree, she looks NOTHING like that family. Not that all of the girls aren't nice looking, but I think Jessa is absolutely gorgeous. She could be a model or something. I also think she knows she's beautiful and is a bit stuck up and haughty.

Genetics is certainly an interesting thing. My sister and I look nothing alike. If you take my cousin on my dad's side, we are pretty similar looking. Same height, same hair color, same eye color(a lot of similarties) and we were the twins when we were little. I do look like my mom at least and my sister looks like my dad. Interesting little tid bit on genetics, since girls have 2 Xs some Xs from the mom are activated and some for the dad are activated creating a mix. That is why I find looking at girls interesting because they have a lot more genetically interesting combinations.

Yes Jessa and Jinger look alike and Jill and Jana look alike. Its funny that they have 19 children because you get to see so many genetic combinations. There are older children who look like the younger children.

Jessa reminds me a bit of Scarlett Johansson. Bigger mouth and smaller nose but the overall look I find similar. For me personally that doesn't mean I find Jessa to be a great beauty because Scarlett is also not one of my favorites but I know loads of people do find her gorgeous. I have an impression with both of them like their heads are a size too big for their bodies.

I'm curious to see how the younger girls will grow up to look. Hannie, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie FTW! I'm waiting for the rebellious beauty among you, ladies.

Mrs Youngie,

There is a real word for not easily recognizing faces, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

I've gone back to the LOLduggars thread to look at some pictures of the J'slaves. Do they look like sisters? I think they do a little bit, but not as strongly as my four daughters do. IMO, Jana and Jessa are the prettiest of the J'slaves, Jill is pretty in less conventional way (her face is narrower than Jana's and Jessa's) and I just don't find Jinger very pretty at all.

At family reunions of my mom's family, you might be struck by how many of us have the exact same shade of blue eyes.

The word is propagnosia. I have a cousin who has it. So does Oliver Sacks.

My mom has 11 siblings (Catholic, not fundie :D), and you'd never know they were related. I have two aunts that popped out bright white-blonde, but their faces and bodies aren't similar at all, that's the closest we get to looking alike. When we get together as a family none of us look alike, you would NEVER put my cousins and I in the same family and even amongst their siblings they look like strangers. My husband's family is the opposite, we've been walking around the grocery store before and had strangers stop to ask him if he was related to XXX because the genetics are so strong on his side, they even have similar voices.

I have to agree about the little Duggar boys- there's so many right about the same age and they look so similar I can't tell them apart.

ETA: I just remembered a particularly unfortunate family photo from the 70s where my grandma made my aunts and uncles wear matching outfits and everyone was miserable. They were like the Duggars before the Duggars, except without violins.

My son thought Jessa and Jinger were twins. He called them "those hot, brainwashed twins"

He's almost 19, tall and blondish with blue eyes...and lives at home with his Dad and I... He works, graduated from public HS last year, and is intelligent and outspoken.

I guess they would consider him an internet weirdo, though. *shrug*

The word is propagnosia. I have a cousin who has it. So does Oliver Sacks.

Thanks for that! I'm not as bad s Oliver Sacks, but I'm sure on the curve somewhere. It's socially intimidating. Because I run into people all the time and I have no idea where I am supposed to know them from. I worry that they will feel insulted if I don't remember them. Maybe I need to own up to it and just tell some people about it.

Archived