IGNORED

Do you think the J'Slaves look alike?

muffynbear

I find the older girls: Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger to be very pretty young women. I know genetics are funny and everything, but does anyone find it odd that none of the older J'slaves look alike? I mean they look similar, but if I didn't watch the show I would never guess that they're sisters.... cousins maybe, but not sisters. For instance, Jill and Jessa don't really look similar. Jill is very light skinned with a longer nose while Jessa is olive-skinned with a tiny, pointed nose. Also, I don't really think any the J'Slaves resemble Jim Bob and Michelle very much either. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I find that peculiar, also. I have one full sister and two half-sisters, of all four of us, we look more alike than the four J'slaves, and they are from one set of parents, and are of one race! You would never know they are related if no one told you first. Jill doesn't look like any of the rest of the three, and neither does Jana. Jessa and Jinger look almost similar in looks, but you don't see any strong physical features of Jim Bob or Michelle in either of them.

Guest Anonymous

No. I have 3 sisters, all with the same father and we all look different. If you look at our family photos, then we all have some characteristics of grandparents, aunts etc, but that's where the family resemblance ends. It's fairly common for this to be so.

I think if Jim Bob and Michelle are a good example of anything with 19 children, it's how genetics really plays out. If you remember doing the little boxes of DD, Dr, Dr, and rr, you know that there is a 25% chance of landing the dominant gene both times, a 25% chance of landing the recessive gene both times, and a 50% chance of landing one each. But since the dominant gene is well, dominant, in a family with 2 or 3 kids you often have kids that all look similar.

I think Jinger looks like a (much prettier!) Josh. John David resembles some of the lost boys/howler monkeys and Joy Anna resembles the other lost boys/howler monkeys. Johannah looks like a cross of the two of them. Jessa looks a lot like Michelle, and so does Jill, but in different ways. I think Jim Bob resembles the Joy Anna and co. part of the genetics.

Jinger and Jessa have certain similar features, and Jill and Jana also do, but they aren't the kind of similarities you'd notice at first glance.

Genitics are funny. One of my sons is the spitting image of my dad while the other one looks just like my dad's brother. My daughter is a feminine version of the one who looks like my dad. Not a one looks like their dad's family.

To me, they look like sisters, despite variations in skin tone, face shape, and features. However, if they did not all have long, permed hair, they would look less similar. Jill and Jinger probably look the least similar of the four oldest girls.

Nobody in my family really looks like his or her sibling! The difference is most pronounced between my dad and his brother. My dad is very dark, while his brother had light brown hair (now gray) and blue-green eyes. And I don't look anything like either of my parents, facially speaking.

Guest Anonymous

Maybe they'll all prove to have been switched at birth, and be able to escape the circus. Although, I would feel sorry for the other girls they were switched with.

I think they all look related. It's not just facial features, but hair color, build, stance, expression, and other features too.

I mean, there's no Baetron in the group, like on teh Kid Farm.

ehhh - you can't tell with genetics. My brother and I look nothing alike. He has olive skin, green eyes and black hair. I am very pale with brown hair and brown eyes. We both tower over our parents though.

My son looks exactly like his Dad, but with blonde hair. My DD looks exactly like my Mom, but with Red Hair.

I have 2 sisters... well, one younger sister and an older half-sister. I look much more like my half-sister than I do my younger sister, which is saying something since I'm a spitting image of our mother but for the nose and red hair. In fact, I look absolutely NOTHING like my younger sister, to the point where dozens have expressed shock that we're sisters. We don't even look like we could be cousins! (No, simply having the same surname isn't enough when it's one of the most common surnames in the US.)

I always thought Jessa and Jinger looked alike- I've seen some photos where they looked identical. To me they all look like sisters.

Guest Anonymous

I am an only child and I have my mother's features and my father's coloring.

Last year, I had a freaky experience. We visited my father's first cousin and his 2 kids, a man and a woman, my second cousins. They both looked EXACTLY like my father -- far more so than I did and far more so than they looked their own parents. When we were looking at old family albums, everyone kept getting confused and thinking that pictures of my male second cousin as a child were actually pictures of my father.

My sisters and I all have the same dad and yet people don't think we're related. Our facial features are fairly similar, but our coloring is dramatically different. Big sister has naturally lighter brown hair and light tan skin, little sister has medium brown hair and tan-olive skin, and I have black hair and pale skin.

Genetics can be a little crazier than most people thing.

I recall talking about this on annother thread,there were pictures of the duggars back when there were only 6 kids and you could see the striking resemblance between the j-slaves and Hannie and Jennifer.

When I first saw 17KaC I thought Jill and Jeremiah were adopted because they looked so different to the rest of the clan. Weird.

I was going though old family photos with my grandma the other day and saw an ancient black and white photo of a boy who looked exactly like my mother! It was freaky! :shock:

I always though Jessa and Jinger looked out-of-place...they have brown-ish skin and their features are different than the rest of their siblings.

We used to joke my brother is the milkman's child because he doesn't look much like either of my parents. Not long before she died my grandmother said he looked a lot like his grandfather, her first husband who deserted her and is never talked about in my family. I have a paternal first cousin who also looks like him and not like his parents. Both my brother, my father, and my cousin have identically shaped legs. I know that sounds odd, but one day they were all wearing shorts at a family gathering and they were all walking together in a row and their legs were exactly the same shape.

My brother, whose heritage is Italian (50%) Swiss (25%) and Irish (25%) married a Colombian woman. They have two kids. Their son is a dark-haired, dark-eyed, swarthy-skinned child who resembles his maternal grandmother. His sister is blonde, blue-eyed, and very pale-skinned - like neither of her parents. My paternal grandmother, despite being a southern Italian had pale skin, green eyes, and light red hair, so I guess some of those genes mixed down to her great-granddaughter.

Not that I haven't had suspicions about the Duggars and their parentage from time to time...

I have trouble telling the boys apart. Jeremiah is about the only one who doesn't look like a clone.

Jill and Jana are unique, but I can't tell Jinger from Jessa. I keep seeing people saying how beautiful Jessa is - but even with the 2 side by side I never am sure which is which.

Granted, I do not have a good eye for faces. Kind of a facial dyslexia. If I haven't known you for years, or you don't have a truly unusual face - I may not recognize you even if we have met a few times. Don't know if there is a real word for this. It's embarrassing. Had a fellow hug me the other day and tell me how glad he was for me for something. Had no idea who he was. Took me 2 days to remember that we had worked together on a show a couple of years ago.

I don't think any of the kids are particularly attractive, except maybe Jessa. They daughters are all kind of pretty by default, because they're youthful and have no specific detractions like acne or weird teeth. I think they're all pretty average for their age. I also think they look pretty similar to each other. I couldn't tell them apart (except Jessa) for years. I think once you get used to people, they seem less similar to each other. I still can tell apart any of the boys after John David, or the youngest girls other than Johanna.

And I know they're not in the Fab Four, but Johanna looks identical to Joy-Anna.

Genetics are really weird. I look almost nothing like my mother, but I look like a younger, female version of my dad. My brother, on the other hand? He doesn't look like either one of my parents (people have actually asked him if he's adopted), but he's pretty much identical to my paternal grandfather at that age. My little cousin, on the other hand? Doesn't look like either one of her parents, or either set of her grandparents, but basically looks like a mini version of me. In fact, if I take her out places or if I go with my aunt and her, people think I'm her mom, and that my aunt is a friend or other distant relative or something. It's pretty crazy.

I personally think Jessa and Jinger look a lot alike.

In my family we all look alike with the exception on skin tone. You can mark down from the oldest brother to myself (the youngest brother) and with the exception on skin tone, our baby pictures are identical. Now that has changed as we've grown. Most of my brothers have kept the dark hair, where mine turned bright red/orange when I was about 2. Now it's settled into a nice brown.. which neither of my parents have. The last time I saw a few of my brothers out and about they were all pretty damn close to being bald. I have just started to lose my hair (worst part of genetics, in my opinion!)... so it's fun to sit and compare.

Anyway, I think as you go down the Duggar line they start to look more and more alike. From about Joy Joy down you can see they are all related and it just seems to be damn near carbon copies, with a few exceptions.

I have trouble telling the boys apart. Jeremiah is about the only one who doesn't look like a clone.

Very true, but this is because he's a straight out Jim Bob clone, and most of the rest of the boys seem to favor the DQ in looks.

I actually started watching this show because I'm fascinated by how genes play out in such a huge family. Maybe because I'm short, pale, and blonde and my youngest sister is very tall, with black hair and dark skin. The rest of the siblings all fall somewhere in the middle. One of my fair sisters (with an even fairer husband) has a black haired, dark skinned son while our dark skinned sister has two blonde girls, one being the only of my mother's many direct descendants to have inherited her blue eyes.

The gene pool is very vast and you never know what's going to pop up.

No, but I'm the blonde, pale-but-prone-to-tanning sister of a flaming redhead with freckles and a completely different bone structure.

I can't tell the Duggars apart because I don't watch the show and there's bloody 19 of them. Nor do I really think they're attractive, but I've noticed I tend to have very... non-charitable standards of beauty. :P

I don't think Jessa looks like ANYONE in that family. When I first saw the Duggars I thought "Wait... where did she come from?" She, Jedidiah, Jason, and Jordyn don't really look like either parent.

Jill and Jana are unique, but I can't tell Jinger from Jessa. I keep seeing people saying how beautiful Jessa is - but even with the 2 side by side I never am sure which is which.

Granted, I do not have a good eye for faces. Kind of a facial dyslexia. If I haven't known you for years, or you don't have a truly unusual face - I may not recognize you even if we have met a few times. Don't know if there is a real word for this. It's embarrassing. Had a fellow hug me the other day and tell me how glad he was for me for something. Had no idea who he was. Took me 2 days to remember that we had worked together on a show a couple of years ago.

Mrs Youngie,

There is a real word for not easily recognizing faces, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

I've gone back to the LOLduggars thread to look at some pictures of the J'slaves. Do they look like sisters? I think they do a little bit, but not as strongly as my four daughters do. IMO, Jana and Jessa are the prettiest of the J'slaves, Jill is pretty in less conventional way (her face is narrower than Jana's and Jessa's) and I just don't find Jinger very pretty at all.

At family reunions of my mom's family, you might be struck by how many of us have the exact same shade of blue eyes.

I don't think Jessa looks like ANYONE in that family. When I first saw the Duggars I thought "Wait... where did she come from?" She, Jedidiah, Jason, and Jordyn don't really look like either parent.

I agree with on those kids.

Archived