IGNORED

Visionary Woman & "180"- Ray Comfort movie

Witsec1

Visionary Woman and her family watched this movie, 180, which has Ray Comfort as the narrator. It's about the Holocaust and apparently abortion.

This is the post on the VW blog: visionarywomanhood.com/7-kids-and-a-mom-riveted-to-this-video/ and this is a clickable link on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2KsU_dhwI/

Has anyone seen it? Apologies if it has been discussed before but it's new to me.

I am afraid to watch it because I do need to get things done today. Visionary Woman's last post on Hitler ( visionarywomanhood.com/when-there-is-no-god-and-truth-is-relative/ ) had me so wound up I actually attempted to engage in dialog (she's not interested in other viewpoints, surprise, surprise!) .I actually contacted by email the historian who is footnoted in the original article VW re-posted. He was flabbergasted to see his research mis-used in this way. Maybe I will post on that later if I get time. I'm sure the movie contains similar distortions and misuse of history - it's Ray Comfort after all.

I only made it three minutes into the video and I can already tell this will be bullsh*t! That many people don't know who Hitler was? Oh, give me a break. Comfort claims to be Jewish and says Germans require mandatory Holocaust education for students. Good, but he makes it seem like Americans have no idea about him. I grew up in the Bible Belt in a state that holds the headquarters of idiot white nationalist people and even I know who Hitler is and what horrible things he did and I went to the evil publik skool. :x I'm not buying it and think he's using those people. I think I actually saw a few of them in other videos he and Cameron have done. (The Way of the Master videos?)

I'm pretty sure that guy probably asked several hundred students before he could come up with the handful that "didn't" know who Hitler was. This movie is stupid. Blue Mohawk guy is irritating to me, but the guy in striped gray shirt pissed me off more for some reason.

Sometimes I wish the videos of some of the holocaust weren't public so people like this guy couldn't use them in his movies but denying access to some is not the way to go, even if I wish it was.

Btw, typing this as I watch the film.

One of the things that always struck me about Hitler and the arian (sp?) race was that he himself was not blonde haired blue eyed. Didn't know he printed his own twisted bible, going to have to check that "fact" out.

The question about the bulldozer and Jews is a hard one, the answer seems honest and conflicted. I would choose being shot because I couldn't live with myself. Still not seeing the tie into abortion at 11 min.

Starting to see where he is going with his point, not liking it, and it shouldn't be compared.

The situation of "when is it okay to kill a baby in the womb?" question is not fair to some, as fetus can't live outside the womb but a "baby" can. (if that made sense, guess I'll throw my views out here, I am pro-choice but MY choice will always be life which confuses others)

The comparison of the building with a person maybe being in it and a baby in the womb are really comparable to me. (15 mins in)

Btw why are the two girls in front of the bulldozer in black and white and everything else in color?

Down Syndrome is the comparison of "quality of life" I would say a child born with a half a brain or something is more realistic or one with zero chance of surviving outside the womb to only live for a few moment/minutes in agony. Technology can tell things like this now.

This film is pissing me off, and sorry if I offend anyone with my views.

No saying Hitlers choice to order killing millions is not the same as one person's decision!

Systematic starvation/ murdering millions of children/adults in horrific ways is different in my opinion.

I wonder how many of those that "changed their views/mind" actually truly changed it and not just was saying it for the camera.

Just my 2 cents on this film

not only did hitler not look like the aryan ideal, but there is also some evidence that he was 1/4 jewish.

eta: kendal has a link to this fine specimen of film-making on her blog today, too.

not only did hitler not look like the aryan ideal, but there is also some evidence that he was 1/4 jewish.

eta: kendal has a link to this fine specimen of film-making on her blog today, too.

Someone should go ask kendal if she is for abortion now since this film is supposed to make people do a 180. :twisted:

Just getting around to watching this now. Some of these people HAVE to be plants. They just have to. Comfort's arguments are not compelling enough to get this kind of result. Or there has to be some creative editing and a lot of interviews that were cut, because I could see where Comfort was coming from a mile away, and I wouldn't have been backed into a corner by it.

Also, the consistent lack of disregard and disrespect for women's lives and bodies never ceases to shock and infuriate me. And the Down Syndrome strawman ... :evil: Oh yeah, because since I believe that women should be able to have the right to make their own reproductive decisions means that I support the systematic killing of people with Down Syndrome, and/or would automatically have an abortion if I found out I was carrying a fetus with Down Syndrome.

Oh heavens, and the whole afterlife discussion ... what does that have to do with anything?

Also, LOVE the lesbian! ("Ever look at a man with lust in your heart?" "Naw, I'm gay.")

Literally everyone on my FB has posted this so I finally went ahead and watched it. I agree that some of these people HAVE to be planted in there, there is no way that SO many people know NOTHING about Hitler. Even if you don't have a special interest in him or anything, you have learned something about him in school or referenced him in life SOMEWHERE.

That Neo Nazi guy... :doh:

And abortion and the Holocaust have very little to do with eachother. I've seen this argument a MILLION times in fundy circles, that abortion is the "modern holocaust". :? It just seems ridiculous to me, and guilting those people into feeling bad for having their own opinions is not right either. (and I am pro life, but I don't go making people feel bad for thinking differently than me.)

Archived