IGNORED

Donald Trump and the Deathly Fallout (Part 15)

Destiny

2 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I think if Trump's approval ratings keep dropping, the Republicans will start to see him as a liability and they'll move to impeach him. They're not going to want to go into the 2018 election season with a president that unpopular weighing them down. 

If things were normal, I'd agree with you. But you've got to agree that things are far from normal now. They voted against him releasing his taxes. They refuse to recuse themselves (Nunes) or replace incompetent liabilities (Ryan), obstruct investigations into the russian connection, pass the most imbecilic bills (climate? what climate? we don't care about the environment) and condone the razzia's on, imprisonment and deportation of immigrants... 

They don't care. They don't care what people think. They have power. POWER!!!

So, no, I don't think the polls hitting rock bottom will lead to impeachment. That Russian connection now... if there were to be undeniable proof, that would lead them to impeach. Not a silly little poll result. 

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

They don't care. They don't care what people think. They have power. POWER!!!

Well, so far, as his approval ratings are dropping this week, multiple Republicans are speaking out in favor of appointing a special investigator, which no Republican was doing when his approval ratings were still in the 40s. So I would say the process of realizing what a liability he is has already begun. 

5 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

*pops a Xanax*

I'm sorry, I am about to read the thread. I finally felt like I could handle watching Sean Spicer be a completely racist, foolish, disrespectful PIECE OF SHIT this morning. I've just seen it, and I'm literally shaking. Someone should have slapped him fucking silly over that. 

I I think Trump (if you remember how he treated her about a month ago) and Spicey and the rest of the bigots, are intimidated by April Ryan. She's intelligent, professional and RESPECTFUL. And the fact that she is Black and a woman is just too much for these low lifes to handle. 

:kitty-cussing: FUCK THOSE ASS HOLES :kitty-cussing:

Go to fucking hell Sean.  Ms Ryan is not a toddler like your boss.  She is an adult, and asked you a very valid question. Treat her with respect. Oh yea, I forgot, you, your boss and all the orange zombies don't know a damn thing about respect. The more that guy talks the worse he looks. If I could talk to April Ryan I'd say, "Keep at it. You are fighting the good fight.  Thank you"   

Is she the woman who Trump supposed knew all the members of the Congressional Black Caucus because well you know....

6 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

*pops a Xanax*

I'm sorry, I am about to read the thread. I finally felt like I could handle watching Sean Spicer be a completely racist, foolish, disrespectful PIECE OF SHIT this morning. I've just seen it, and I'm literally shaking. Someone should have slapped him fucking silly over that. 

I I think Trump (if you remember how he treated her about a month ago) and Spicey and the rest of the bigots, are intimidated by April Ryan. She's intelligent, professional and RESPECTFUL. And the fact that she is Black and a woman is just too much for these low lifes to handle. 

:kitty-cussing: FUCK THOSE ASS HOLES :kitty-cussing:

Speaking of Xanax.  I need to refill my Lorazepam.  

12 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Well, so far, as his approval ratings are dropping this week, multiple Republicans are speaking out in favor of appointing a special investigator, which no Republican was doing when his approval ratings were still in the 40s. So I would say the process of realizing what a liability he is has already begun. 

Fingers crossed then! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

5 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Here's the video. That worthless fool. He would never say that to a man! 

I want to tell him I'll stop shaking my head after you shut your fucking mouth. 

Just sent her a thank you email.  I told her SHE is what American greatness looks like.  Wish I could go up to sicko spice and shake my head...Fucking fuck stick.

19 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Watched Keith Olberman on You Tube last night.  He brought this up.  His theory is that the closer we come to the mid-term elections the more jumpy and worried the  Republicans are going to get.  As was with Nixon, it was his fellow Republicans saw the writing on the wall for the 1974 elections. It was only then did they work for impeachment.  I just hope we last until then.

"The barrage of pro-Trump TV ads, ranked"

No president has owed his rise to television more than Donald Trump, so it's fitting that no president is doing so much to enrich TV ad consultants. Just two months in office, the president has already been the focus of millions of dollars of spending on commercials meant to move his agenda through Congress, in part by counteracting the growing public mood that neither he nor the Republican-led Congress are doing anything good.

The highest-profile ad, and the best, dropped Wednesday from the new Making America Great super PAC. As CNN's Teddy Schleifer reports, the group was founded after the megadonor Mercer family lost confidence in America First Policies, a super PAC that was intended to bolster the Trump political brand, but fell — in the usual, ironic fashion — to infighting.

Are you flummoxed by the many pro-Trump commercials? We have you covered — here they are, ranked.

I've only seen one of them (thankfully). I owe that to living in a pretty anti-tangerine toddler area just outside of DC. All of the ads were nauseating.

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"The barrage of pro-Trump TV ads, ranked"

I've only seen one of them (thankfully). I owe that to living in a pretty anti-tangerine toddler area just outside of DC. All of the ads were nauseating.

My husband wants to move to Boulder.  As crowded, hot and expensive this area is, I'm just not ready to give up my blue. Yes, Boulder is mostly blue, but the rest of the state is sometimes in question.  Lots of fundys out there hiding in the canyons and moutians.  Shudder

Since we could all use a chuckle: "White House Denies Any Ties to United States"

In a fiercely defiant statement on Tuesday, the White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, denied that any member of the White House staff has ever worked “in any way, shape, or form” for the benefit of the United States.

Angrily addressing the press corps, Spicer said that any allegations that members of the Trump Administration have ever acted in concert or collusion with the United States are “unequivocally false.”

“At no time during the transition or afterward did any member of the Trump team have meetings, conversations, or any other contacts that furthered the interests of the United States of America,” Spicer said. “In the thousands of communications that took place, the United States never came up even once.”

Drawing a stark contrast with the Administration of former President Barack Obama, Spicer said that many members of Obama’s staff were “clearly and flagrantly working for the United States government at all times.”

“President Trump has put an end to that,” he said.

In closing, Spicer said that the recent effort to pass the Republican health-care bill should silence “once and for all” those trying to link the Trump Administration to the United States government. “If you look at the interaction between the White House and congressional Republicans, there is absolutely no evidence of coördination,” he said.

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Trump's approval ratings have dropped again: 

So let's review. Monday his approval rating was 37%. Tuesday it was 36% and today it's 35%. He's barreling toward rock bottom faster than I expected. (To clarify that last statement: He deserves to be at an approval rating of 0%. The only reason why I'm shocked that his numbers are sinking so fast is because his supporters haven't shown themselves to be intelligent or introspective people. I'm honestly kind of surprised that some of them are admitting they're not happy with Trump.)

So... 35 days until he has a 0% approval rate??

In other news:  http://www.mycentraloregon.com/2017/03/29/ivanka-trump-taking-formal-role-in-administration-amid-ethics-concerns/

Ivanka Trump will be a special assistant to the president but will not take a salary, she said in a statement first reported by The New York Times.

"special assistant to Daddy"

More musings from president dumbass: "What you need to know about history, according to President Trump"

Every so often, President Trump will don a virtual mortarboard and ensure that the citizens of the United States are up to speed on some of this nation’s great accomplishments and noteworthy leaders.

He did it again on Wednesday, when he made sure that a panel discussion on women’s empowerment being held at the White House was familiar with perhaps-little-known women from history. Abigail Adams. Harriet Tubman. And Susan B. Anthony. Have you heard of Susan B. Anthony?

“I’m shocked that you’ve heard of her,” Trump quipped. It then got a bit awkward, as Trump explained that Anthony dreamed of “an America where women themselves, as she said, ‘helped to make laws and elect the lawmakers.’ And that’s what’s happening more and more.”

“Tough competition out there, I tell you!” Trump added.

More Branch Trumpvidians disappointed: "‘There’s not a hope alive for us’: A factory Trump targeted begins its move to Mexico"

The list came up Tuesday morning, near the assembly line. Twenty-three names. Twenty-three dates. And two words everyone dreaded: TENTATIVE LAYOFFS.

Rexnord, an industrial supplier in Indianapolis, was starting the two-month process of closing the factory and moving nearly 300 jobs to Monterrey, Mexico.

Brian Reed, 45, knew this would happen. But he didn’t expect it to twist his gut. He has worked a quarter century here, and his name topped the white piece of paper. Human resources had typed out his seniority number, too (12/07/1992).

The company announced it was ending its six-decade run in America’s heartland about three weeks before President Trump won the election. The move, Rexnord told the local union in a letter, would allow it to “operate in a more cost-effective manner.”

In other words, Reed’s livelihood was just another casualty of old-school manufacturing’s steady decline, a dwindling driven by trade, automation and consumer demand. Roughly 5 million such jobs have vanished since 2000, disproportionately rocking the Midwest.

Then on one surreal December day, Trump thrust a plant that would have otherwise shuttered quietly into the national spotlight. “Rexnord of Indiana is moving to Mexico and rather viciously firing all of its 300 workers,” he tweeted. “This is happening all over our country. No more!”

Since taking office, Trump has used social media as an economic policy tool, singling out firms that outsource jobs and threatening them with steep import tariffs. But presidential criticism couldn’t stop Rexnord from packing up. Asian companies dominated the bearings market, and Chuck Jones, president of the Rexnord workers’ union, figured the company wanted to tap cheaper labor to keep profits up.

Down the road, Rexnord employees wondered if he’d bail them out, too.

In the weeks following the Carrier deal, Reed prayed Trump would step in and save the day. He put off looking for work. Taking a new job before the plant shutdown would endanger his severance package, anyway.

Then four months passed.

“There’s not a hope alive for us,” Reed said Tuesday. “We’re done.”

Since February, Reed, who assembles ball bearings, has shared the floor with workers from Mexico. Rexnord sent them up to learn his trade.

Reed knew they’d make the equivalent of $3 an hour south of the border — a bargain, compared to his $25 hourly pay. Some of his co-workers had agreed to train them for an extra $4 an hour. Traitors, he thought.

The road ahead, he said, is intimidating, but not necessarily bleak. He will receive $2,000, plus a week of salary for every year he spent at the company. He has health insurance for at least six months.

He’s also been learning how to build all kinds of parts with a computer, courtesy of a local job training program. He plans to take some community college classes, since the tuition is covered by a state economic development fund.

It’ll be uncomfortable for a while: learning to code, typing programs onto screens. “I’m not an office type person,” he said. “I need to be moving.”

He no longer expects the president will fix his problem.

I'm disappointed that Ivanka's role in this corrupt business deal isn't getting more attention from the media: 

7 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

So let's review. Monday his approval rating was 37%. Tuesday it was 36% and today it's 35%.

Polls like this usually have a range of error of plus or minus 3, so we can't be certain that it is actually dropping a percentage every day.  I have one word to describe the pathetically low ratings over the past three days - sad.

I feel like I need a giant dry-erase board to keep track of all the Trump-Russia connections: 

This isn't directly about Trump. But since Steve Bannon is basically our president right now and he's connected to Breitbart, I'm sticking it here: 

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Of course Trump's not going to save this guy's job.  The only reason he bothered with Carrier was because the deal was already in the making via Pence.  He took all the credit and did none of the work.  He isn't going to step into a brand new situation and do the hard work it would take to cut a deal.  Furthermore, he has an approval rating of 35%.  He's dead in the water politically and no one is afraid of him.  Why would that company want to deal when they know taxing products to punish companies who offshore most likely won't happen?  Trump is not God.  He can't stop automation and he can't stop off shoring.  It's the future of manufacturing.  If this guy had any self interest, he would have voted for Clinton who wanted to offer free training and schooling in new emerging fields to workers who are loosing jobs as the result of an ever changing economy.  Now, he's left to fend for himself and try to cobble together enough training to get himself hired elsewhere.  Dumb fuck.

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Ugh!  :doh:

I just had a message flash up on my computer from Washington Post that tRump says he will fight Tea party etacaucus in 2018 elections. Tried to check it, but can't find anything.

If it's true - oh frabjous day! They will block every move he tries to make, and in 2018 the repugs will eat their own tail.

Please, can anyone confirm this is true?

ETA It's just come up as breaking news on WaPo......

ETA 2 And of course, he announced this major schism in the repug party - in a Tweet!

25 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

I just had a message flash up on my computer from Washington Post that tRump says he will fight Tea party caucus in 2018 elections. Tried to check it, but can't find anything.

If it's true - oh frabjous day! They will block every move he tries to make, and in 2018 the repugs will eat their own tail.

Please, can anyone confirm this is true?

ETA It's just come up as breaking news on WaPo......

I swear this is Trump's attempt to ensure he doesn't win in 2020.  We know he never wanted to be president.  Perhaps his plan is to force the Dems AND the Repubs to oust him so he can then go on a national ranting tour about how corrupt Washington is and that he tried to change it, but was railroaded.  The part about the presidency he does like was the campaigning and having everyone cheer for him and tell him he's awesome.  He can still have that so long as he can get his worshippers to believe he got a raw deal by professional politicians.  If before that happens, he can get tax breaks and deregulation that will enrich him implemented, then it's a win-win.

15 minutes ago, Childless said:

I swear this is Trump's attempt to ensure he doesn't win in 2020.  We know he never wanted to be president.  Perhaps his plan is to force the Dems AND the Repubs to oust him so he can then go on a national ranting tour about how corrupt Washington is and that he tried to change it, but was railroaded.  The part about the presidency he does like was the campaigning and having everyone cheer for him and tell him he's awesome.  He can still have that so long as he can get his worshippers to believe he got a raw deal by professional politicians.  If before that happens, he can get tax breaks and deregulation that will enrich him implemented, then it's a win-win.

I agree. The part that Trump hasn't thought all the way through though is that if he pisses off enough Republicans, they might not stop at just impeaching him. He could go to prison for a lot of the things he's done. He needs to think about that when he's lashing out at the very people who are standing between him and prison. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived