IGNORED

Mike Pence: Almost as bad as Trump but he might not get us killed

RoseWilder

This article if long (longer than the New Yorker, I think). It goes into more detail about his conversion from Catholic to evangelical.

It appears I was more right than I thought when I compared him to Lori Alexander.  He seems to believe in submission and as such he's turned into Trump's helpmeet.

Reading this makes it easier to understand why Ken/Lori think marriage is like a business arrangement vs a partnership of two equal individuals, IMO

God's Plan for Mike Pence

• Upvote 9

On 12/21/2017 at 11:26 AM, GrumpyGran said:

And why does he sit there with his arms crossed and that hateful look on his face while Pence struggles through that ridiculous nauseating fluff?

Quoting myself. I think I have this figured out.

When Dumpy signed the Bill in his very understated ceremony, he said he wanted to wait until January but some blahblah about the media. I think he wanted a big to-do, probably on the mall with a crowd bigger than Obama's first inauguration so he could finally claim dominance over Obama in the Battle of the National Mall.

But the Repubs were scared he might change his mind and even more important, that their "friends" might hold out on some of those fabulous Christmas presents that always magically appear under their trees. Ski vacations, exotic vacations, lots of goodies that the masters might not deliver without their tax break being a done deal.

So I think Pency drew the short straw and had to tell Dumpy he HAD to sign the Bill before the end of the year. So Dumpy was pissed at Pence and the tongue bath was Pencey's attempt to get back in good graces. It explains Dumpy sitting across the table from him with his arms crossed shooting darts out of his eyes.

Pence doesn't feel that way about Dump. His wife has been vocal about despising Dump and considering the type of marriage they have, she would not be allowed to have that opinion if Pence did not share it. Dumpy doesn't really realize what a snake Pence is.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Things will get really awkward when Pence announces his candidacy for 2020.  

The twitter meltdown will be epic.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The twitter meltdown will be epic.

:popcorn: :margarita: I'm waiting!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Quoting myself. I think I have this figured out.

When Dumpy signed the Bill in his very understated ceremony, he said he wanted to wait until January but some blahblah about the media. I think he wanted a big to-do, probably on the mall with a crowd bigger than Obama's first inauguration so he could finally claim dominance over Obama in the Battle of the National Mall.

But the Repubs were scared he might change his mind and even more important, that their "friends" might hold out on some of those fabulous Christmas presents that always magically appear under their trees. Ski vacations, exotic vacations, lots of goodies that the masters might not deliver without their tax break being a done deal.

So I think Pency drew the short straw and had to tell Dumpy he HAD to sign the Bill before the end of the year. So Dumpy was pissed at Pence and the tongue bath was Pencey's attempt to get back in good graces. It explains Dumpy sitting across the table from him with his arms crossed shooting darts out of his eyes.

Pence doesn't feel that way about Dump. His wife has been vocal about despising Dump and considering the type of marriage they have, she would not be allowed to have that opinion if Pence did not share it. Dumpy doesn't really realize what a snake Pence is.

He said it was because the media was busting his chops asking "would he sign before Christmas and keep his promise to the people."   I'm not sure what was up with Pence, but all of them were giving him tongue-baths when they were in the rose garden or whatever that thing was the day before.   Pence maybe needed to make up some ground after Orin Hatch's gross display.

He always sits and sometimes stands with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face.   I think it's partly that he doesn't know what to do with him arms and people can't start at his tiny hands if he's got his arms crossed.   He looks like someone that is self-conscious to me.

An aside:  I think when he says "believe me" he's really asking people to believe him vs it being a declarative statement.  I know he doesn't make it a question, but it seems like he pulls that one out when he's telling a whopper and wants his base to believe what he's saying.   I think it's a verbal tic.

• Upvote 10

"Mike Pence’s Colorado neighbors troll him with a ‘Make America Gay Again’ banner"

Spoiler

Vice President Pence arrived in Aspen, Colo., this week for a holiday vacation — but not without encountering a silent protest from his neighbors in the liberal ski resort town.

“Make America Gay Again,” reads a rainbow banner posted on the stone pillar at the end of the driveway of the home where Pence and his wife, Karen, are staying.

A dispatcher with the Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office referred The Washington Post to the White House press office Saturday, but Sheriff’s Deputy Michael Buglione told the Aspen Times that Pence’s next-door neighbors posted the banner shortly after the vice president and his family arrived on Tuesday. In an email to the Aspen Times, Shannon Slade said she is a girlfriend of one of the daughters of the couple living in the house, and that they posted the banner.

LGBT advocates have previously showed their opposition to Pence.

In December, residents in the affluent Washington neighborhood of Chevy Chase hoisted rainbow flags outside their homes following news that Pence, then newly elected, would live there temporarily before moving to the vice president’s residence at the Naval Observatory.

Protesters showed up the following month, dancing their way through the neighborhood and to the house Pence had rented ahead of the inauguration.

Pence, who has often described himself as “a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order,” has a long history of opposing same-sex marriage and other policies that provide equal protections to members of the LGBT community.

As Indiana governor, a position he held before he was tapped as President Trump’s running mate, Pence signed into law a controversial legislation that advocates said would allow businesses to discriminate against members of the LGBT community. The national uproar over the divisive bill, called the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, or RFRA, prompted Indiana legislators to modify it by adding anti-discrimination protections. But those only applied in cities, some of which are the most liberal in the state, where such protections already exist locally.

A paragraph on Pence’s campaign website when he ran for Congress in 2000 fueled speculations that he is an advocate of conversion therapy, a practice of trying to change someone’s sexual orientation that is banned in several states and discredited by medical organizations.

Pence said on his website that federal dollars should not go to organizations “that celebrate and encourage types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus” and funds should, instead, be given to “institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior.”

Pence’s spokesman, Mark Lotter, told the New York Times last year that the vice president does not support conversion therapy, and that his campaign statement was misinterpreted.

In Congress, where he was a member from 2001 to 2013 before becoming Indiana governor, Pence described marriage between a man and a woman as the institution “that forms the backbone of our society.” Citing a Harvard University sociologist during a speech on the House floor, he said, “societal collapse was always brought about following an advent of the deterioration of marriage and family.”

In 2007, Pence spoke against a bill that would protect gays and lesbians from discrimination in the workplace.

“If an employee keeps a Bible in his or her cubicle, if an employee displays a Bible verse on their desk, that employee could be claimed by a homosexual colleague to be creating a hostile work environment,” he said on the House floor.

Pence opposed 2009 legislation that would expand federal hate-crime statutes to include protections based on gender, disability and sexual orientation. Pence said on the House floor that he feared the bill “could have a chilling effect on the religious expression and religious freedom of millions of Americans.”

The New Yorker reported in October that Trump mocked Pence’s religious and socially conservative beliefs and joked that the vice president wants to “hang” gays. Pence’s press secretary, Alyssa Farah, said in a statement to The Post that the lengthy piece with the headline, “The Danger of President Pence,” is “unsubstantiated” and filled with “untrue and offensive” claims.

In Aspen, the banner didn’t seem to cause tension.

Buglione, the sheriff’s deputy, told the Aspen Times that the Secret Service agents were not bothered by the banner and were cordial with the residents who posted it.

Aspen is the county seat of Pitkin, where Hillary Clinton defeated Trump by a significant margin: 69.7 percent to 24.3 percent. Clinton won Colorado with a nearly 3 percent lead. The state went to Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.

I'm not surprised they went to somewhere chilly. I can't imagine mother wants him to be in the warmer south where he might be defrauded by women's bare shoulders and knees.

• Upvote 7

On 12/26/2017 at 5:23 PM, Howl said:

Things will get really awkward when Pence announces his candidacy for 2020.  

I can't imagine Pencey will last the full four years. Trump believes rumors so all somebody has to do is whisper in his ear or have it suggested on Fox and poof Mike will have to crawl home to Mother with his tail between his legs.

• Upvote 5

Nope. Pencey-poo will not last the full term. This whole administration won't. They're all up to their eyeballs in the Russian connection shit.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Mike Pence’s Colorado neighbors troll him with a ‘Make America Gay Again’ banner"

Reveal hidden contents

Vice President Pence arrived in Aspen, Colo., this week for a holiday vacation — but not without encountering a silent protest from his neighbors in the liberal ski resort town.

“Make America Gay Again,” reads a rainbow banner posted on the stone pillar at the end of the driveway of the home where Pence and his wife, Karen, are staying.

A dispatcher with the Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office referred The Washington Post to the White House press office Saturday, but Sheriff’s Deputy Michael Buglione told the Aspen Times that Pence’s next-door neighbors posted the banner shortly after the vice president and his family arrived on Tuesday. In an email to the Aspen Times, Shannon Slade said she is a girlfriend of one of the daughters of the couple living in the house, and that they posted the banner.

LGBT advocates have previously showed their opposition to Pence.

In December, residents in the affluent Washington neighborhood of Chevy Chase hoisted rainbow flags outside their homes following news that Pence, then newly elected, would live there temporarily before moving to the vice president’s residence at the Naval Observatory.

Protesters showed up the following month, dancing their way through the neighborhood and to the house Pence had rented ahead of the inauguration.

Pence, who has often described himself as “a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order,” has a long history of opposing same-sex marriage and other policies that provide equal protections to members of the LGBT community.

As Indiana governor, a position he held before he was tapped as President Trump’s running mate, Pence signed into law a controversial legislation that advocates said would allow businesses to discriminate against members of the LGBT community. The national uproar over the divisive bill, called the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, or RFRA, prompted Indiana legislators to modify it by adding anti-discrimination protections. But those only applied in cities, some of which are the most liberal in the state, where such protections already exist locally.

A paragraph on Pence’s campaign website when he ran for Congress in 2000 fueled speculations that he is an advocate of conversion therapy, a practice of trying to change someone’s sexual orientation that is banned in several states and discredited by medical organizations.

Pence said on his website that federal dollars should not go to organizations “that celebrate and encourage types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus” and funds should, instead, be given to “institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior.”

Pence’s spokesman, Mark Lotter, told the New York Times last year that the vice president does not support conversion therapy, and that his campaign statement was misinterpreted.

In Congress, where he was a member from 2001 to 2013 before becoming Indiana governor, Pence described marriage between a man and a woman as the institution “that forms the backbone of our society.” Citing a Harvard University sociologist during a speech on the House floor, he said, “societal collapse was always brought about following an advent of the deterioration of marriage and family.”

In 2007, Pence spoke against a bill that would protect gays and lesbians from discrimination in the workplace.

“If an employee keeps a Bible in his or her cubicle, if an employee displays a Bible verse on their desk, that employee could be claimed by a homosexual colleague to be creating a hostile work environment,” he said on the House floor.

Pence opposed 2009 legislation that would expand federal hate-crime statutes to include protections based on gender, disability and sexual orientation. Pence said on the House floor that he feared the bill “could have a chilling effect on the religious expression and religious freedom of millions of Americans.”

The New Yorker reported in October that Trump mocked Pence’s religious and socially conservative beliefs and joked that the vice president wants to “hang” gays. Pence’s press secretary, Alyssa Farah, said in a statement to The Post that the lengthy piece with the headline, “The Danger of President Pence,” is “unsubstantiated” and filled with “untrue and offensive” claims.

In Aspen, the banner didn’t seem to cause tension.

Buglione, the sheriff’s deputy, told the Aspen Times that the Secret Service agents were not bothered by the banner and were cordial with the residents who posted it.

Aspen is the county seat of Pitkin, where Hillary Clinton defeated Trump by a significant margin: 69.7 percent to 24.3 percent. Clinton won Colorado with a nearly 3 percent lead. The state went to Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.

I'm not surprised they went to somewhere chilly. I can't imagine mother wants him to be in the warmer south where he might be defrauded by women's bare shoulders and knees.

His obsession with marriage is creepy. Isn't he sinning by being in Aspen? There are gay people there! Why would he actively chose to go somewhere where there are gay people? Seriously, why didn't he keep his "Christian" ass at home where he can go to his church a dozen times or so and interact with the people who elected him governor and now have to live under the effects of that?

But no, nice luxury vacation with the ultra wealthy. Hey, Mikey, God hates a hypocrite. Might want to check that ticket to heaven again. I think it's been canceled.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Hey, Mikey, God hates a hypocrite. Might want to check that ticket to heaven again. I think it's been canceled.

Nah, he'll be headed to alternative heaven, where he can spew alternative facts with K-Con in perpetuity.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Nah, he'll be headed to alternative heaven, where he can spew alternative facts with K-Con in perpetuity.

Just having to listen to her for eternity would be a pretty brutal version of Hell.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Pence is a creepy, mother-loving sneak.

Secret Pro-Life Meeting With Mike Pence Killed Obamacare Fix—For Now

A bipartisan effort to stabilize the U.S. health-insurance markets collapsed last month after anti-abortion groups appealed directly to Vice President Mike Pence at the 11th hour, The Daily Beast has learned.  

Amid opposition from conservatives in the House of Representatives, a group of pro-life activists met with Pence to lobby the Trump administration against supporting a health-insurance market-stabilization bill on the grounds that it does not contain sufficient language on abortion restrictions, according to sources with direct knowledge of the meeting. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) was also in attendance at the Dec. 19 meeting, three of the sources said.

The next day, key lawmakers involved in crafting the legislation announced they were punting on the issue until 2018.

A spokeswoman for the vice president confirmed the meeting to The Daily Beast. A spokesman for McConnell did not respond to requests for comment.

Efforts to pressure Pence, a hardline social conservative and a former lawmaker, are thrusting abortion back onto the national stage in a debate over the future of health care in America, as Republicans deliberate behind closed doors on whether to try to scrap Obamacare again in 2018.

That effort—though it failed in the Senate several times last year—was bolstered when the House and Senate passed a sweeping tax-overhaul bill last month. The legislation included a provision that scrapped the Obamacare individual mandate, a measure that required Americans to buy health insurance or pay a penalty.

The tax bill passed the Senate due in large part to Sen. Susan Collins’ (R-ME) vote, which was contingent upon the Senate voting at a later date on the bipartisan health-insurance market-stabilization bill that was crafted by Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) and Patty Murray (D-WA). Collins has argued that the legislation would mitigate the effects of the individual-mandate repeal, which the Congressional Budget Office said would result in 13 million more Americans without insurance over the next 10 years. Collins also pushed for her bill with Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) that would allocate $10.5 billion for a federal reinsurance pool.

• Upvote 5

Uh, we're so pro-life so we gonna try and make it harder for people to have insurance so they die more.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Uh, we're so pro-life so we gonna try and make it harder for people to have insurance so they die more.

Pence and the RTLers only care that the "right" people -- the poor, minorities, and women -- die early, thus leaving more for the .001%.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Pence and the RTLers only care that the "right" people -- the poor, minorities, and women -- die early, thus leaving more for the .001%.

Welcome to Texas! 

But the report singled out Texas for special concern, saying the doubling of mortality rates in a two-year period was hard to explain “in the absence of war, natural disaster, or severe economic upheaval”.

From 2000 to the end of 2010, Texas’s estimated maternal mortality rate hovered between 17.7 and 18.6 per 100,000 births. But after 2010, that rate had leaped to 33 deaths per 100,000, and in 2014 it was 35.8. Between 2010 and 2014, more than 600 women died for reasons related to their pregnancies.

No other state saw a comparable increase.

Well gee, what could have caused such a rise?

In the wake of the report, reproductive health advocates are blaming the increase on Republican-led budget cuts that decimated the ranks of Texas’s reproductive healthcare clinics. In 2011, just as the spike began, the Texas state legislature cut $73.6m from the state’s family planning budget of $111.5m. The two-thirds cut forced more than 80 family planning clinics to shut down across the state. The remaining clinics managed to provide services – such as low-cost or free birth control, cancer screenings and well-woman exams – to only half as many women as before.

At the same time, Texas eliminated all Planned Parenthood clinics – whether or not they provided abortion services – from the state program that provides poor women with preventive healthcare. Previously, Planned Parenthood clinics in Texas offered cancer screenings and contraception to more than 130,000 women.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/20/texas-maternal-mortality-rate-health-clinics-funding

The Planned Parenthood office in my area was one of the ones that did not perform abortions. After they closed, one of their waiting room chairs ended up at the local thrift store. I bought it and reupholstered it, but I left the metal plate on the leg that says it came from a Planned Parenthood office. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Vice President Fuck Knob had his own remarks about the shutdown;

Vice President Pence blasted Senate Democrats during his overseas trip on Sunday as the government shutdown headed into its second day. 

"Despite bipartisan support for a budget resolution, a minority in the Senate has decided to play politics with military pay, but you deserve better," Pence told troops at a U.S. airbase near the Syrian border.

"You and your families shouldn't have to worry for one minute about whether you're going to get paid as you serve in the uniform of the United States," he continued. 

Pence told the troops the administration will "demand" Congress reopen the government. 

"In fact, we're not going to reopen negotiations on illegal immigration until they reopen the government and give you, our soldiers, and your families the benefits and wages you've earned," he said. 

Fuck Trump, and Fuck Pence.

• Upvote 6

"Despite bipartisan support for a budget resolution, a minority in the Senate John Kelly has decided to play politics with military pay,"

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

This is his story and he's sticking to it:

Mother told him that Trump must be a virgin because no one can touch a female they're not married to and live. Trump just decided to give her $130.000 for no reason because he's such a good Christian.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This is his story and he's sticking to it:

Mother told him that Trump must be a virgin because no one can touch a female they're not married to and live. Trump just decided to give her $130.000 for no reason because he's such a good Christian.

How could he possibly know that it didn't happen? It's not as if he was hanging out with Dumpy at the time. I think for his own ambitious goals he should have kept his mouth shut. He could possibly lose some support from people who were holding their nose about Dump with the hope that there will be impeachment or that Pencey could take over in 2020.

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic