IGNORED

Trump 12: Nevertheless, She Persisted (Let's do the same!)

Destiny

Just now, Cartmann99 said:

Shep Smith does say something sane from time to time. It would be interesting know if anyone from Team Trump has contacted Fox to try and get him fired. I'm sure Trump fan Tomi Lahren would love to finally land herself a job at Fox News.

I hear Josh Duggar is unemployed. He could do a satellite up-link from TTH

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

OKAY YOU GUYS, stop making me want to barf!!!

10 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

No.  Because no.  And no times infinity plus one!

AP and Time boycotting today's press conference after finding out about the press ban. WSJ issued this statement afterwards: 

Also, there is talk of media outlets pulling out of the WHCA. A few already have:

Sad, but true: 

I don't have time to listen to this now (I have to finish up a work project tonight), but I thought I would go ahead and post it for anyone else who wants to listen to it. It's supposed to help connect some of the dots with the Trump-Russia stuff: 

29 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I don't have time to listen to this now (I have to finish up a work project tonight), but I thought I would go ahead and post it for anyone else who wants to listen to it. It's supposed to help connect some of the dots with the Trump-Russia stuff: 

From her lips to God's ears.  If I believed in God that is.....  Then we have Pense who is a total ass hat, but a sane one.

The Notorious RBG, the Queen of Understatement: "Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Trump’s presidency: ‘We are not experiencing the best of times’"

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a noted critic of President Trump, suggested that she doesn't believe the country is in good hands but said she is hopeful about the future.

“We're not experiencing the best of times,” Ginsburg said Thursday on BBC's “Newsnight,” though she did not comment directly about the president.

But, the 83-year-old jurist said the public's resistance to the new administration — on full display at last month's Women's March protests — has given her “reason to hope that we will see a better day.”

“A great man once said that the true symbol of the United States is not the bald eagle; it is the pendulum, and when the pendulum swings too far in one direction, it will go back,” she told BBC.

“Some terrible things have happened in the United States, but one can only hope that we learn from those bad things,” she added, citing the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II as an example.

Ginsburg also defended the free press, the target of repeated attacks from the president, who has called the media “the enemy of the American People.” The justice said she reads both The Washington Post and the New York Times every day and believes that “reporters are trying to tell the public the way things are.”

Trump has consistently attacked both publications and the media in general, dismissing negative stories about his administration as fake news.

“What is important is that we have a free press, which many countries don't have,” Ginsburg told BBC. “Think of what the press has done in the United States.”

She cited The Post's Watergate investigation. The work of Bob Woodward, now an associate editor at The Post, and Carl Bernstein, a former reporter, in exposing the Watergate scandal helped bring about President Richard Nixon's resignation.

“That story might never have come out if we didn't have the free press that we do,” said Ginsburg, who noted that she lives in “the famous Watergate” building.

I hope she's staying healthy, we need her to stay on the SCOTUS at least until 2020.

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

AP and Time boycotting today's press conference after finding out about the press ban. WSJ issued this statement afterwards: 

Also, there is talk of media outlets pulling out of the WHCA. A few already have:

Sad, but true: 

Because this is what Trump does.  He creates a situation that will suck up all the attention, and nobody will be focused on important topics.

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Shep Smith does say something sane from time to time. It would be interesting know if anyone from Team Trump has contacted Fox to try and get him fired. I'm sure Trump fan Tomi Lahren would love to finally land herself a job at Fox News.

Tomi Lahren's young and blond.  She'll fit right in.

23 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The Notorious RBG, the Queen of Understatement: "Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Trump’s presidency: ‘We are not experiencing the best of times’"

I hope she's staying healthy, we need her to stay on the SCOTUS at least until 2020.

We need to wrap her ass in bubble wrap for the next four years. I can't even imagine the idea of a Cheeto presidency without The Notorious RBG.

18 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Because this is what Trump does.  He creates a situation that will suck up all the attention, and nobody will be focused on important topics.

Tomi Lahren's young and blond.  She'll fit right in.

I think Trump attacking the free press is still an important story that needs and deserves to be covered. I think the problem is that Trump does 20 despicable, underhanded, and often illegal things a day and the media and the American people are struggling to keep up with all of it. So, I don't disagree with the press covering this story, i Just want them to keep hammering away at the Russia thing as well.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

We need to wrap her ass in bubble wrap for the next four years. I can't even imagine the idea of a Cheeto presidency without The Notorious RBG.

I personally will volunteer to donate any organ/blood/plasma/etc. that RBG needs

Darrell Issa (a Republican from the House of Representatives who wa a supporter of Trump during the election) has spoken out in favor of a special prosecutor for the Trump-Russia investigation: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/issa-trump-russia-probe-special-prosecutor-235387

Rep. Darrell Issa said on HBO's "Real Time" that Attorney General Jeff Sessions — who Trump appointed as the nation's top law enforcement officer — should not handle the problem.

"You cannot have somebody, a friend of mine Jeff Sessions, who was on the campaign and who is an appointee," the California Republican said in response to a question from host Bill Maher. "You're going to need to use the special prosecutor's statute and office to take — not just to recuse. You can't just give it to your deputy. That's another political appointee."

Here's the video of him saying it on national TV: 

I repeat: This is a person who supported Trump during the election. The tide is turning. 

Senator Susan Collins continues to be my favorite Republican (not that the bar isn't set incredibly low, but still): 

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/susan-collins-trump-russia-senate-intelligence-committee/1632/

Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine, who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, is now publicly leading the charge in her committee’s investigation into Donald Trump and Russia. She’s calling for a number of remedies, ranging from hauling in Michael Flynn for questioning, to subpoenaing Trump’s tax returns if necessary — and shifting the balance of power of the committee.

In so doing, it appears Senator Collins has sided with the Democrats on the Senate Intel Committee, handing the Democrats control of the Trump-Russia investigation. There are eight Republicans on the committee, along with six Democrats and one Independent who is aligned with the Democrats. Whatever transpired behind closed doors during the committee’s meeting on Friday afternoon with FBI Director James Comey, it must have been enough to prompt Collins to decide that she wants a serious investigation. Her vote, along with the six democrats and one independent, are enough to take the committee in that direction.

Like I said in my previous post, the tide is turning!

7 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

i really hope, that this event gets canceled or becomes so bare bones, it becomes, basically empty. This is what we talked about before the inauguration, this is the things that get under his skin. He wants the show, the applause, the parties and glam. He lost the party, now, maybe if enough decide enough, is enough, maybe they can just mail in the donation to charity, and leave 45 all alone, for another night, missing another party all the other Presidents got to enjoy.

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

I love this tweet: 

Talk about, hoping this happens!

Rather than a tide turning, politicians will always think strategically about how to save their own asses; it's what they do -- and I think that's what is happening here. If the Russia scandal is as bad as I think it will be, Republican politicians want to put as much daylight between themselves and Trump as possible, without appearing to stab him in the back or betraying the Trump base.   A special prosecutor would make that possible.  When everything is made public, they'll be shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you. 

And Bannon?  That man is scary in every dimension of scariness there is. 

If Trump gets impeached do we get to finally get rid of Bannon?

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

If the Russia scandal is as bad as I think it will be, Republican politicians want to put as much daylight between themselves and Trump as possible, without appearing to stab him in the back or betraying the Trump base.

Yep. They a fine line to ride where they don't alienate Trump's base, but also don't throw themselves in with Trump because he is most likely a fast sinking ship who will take down people with him. 

7 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Darrell Issa (a Republican from the House of Representatives who wa a supporter of Trump during the election) has spoken out in favor of a special prosecutor for the Trump-Russia investigation: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/issa-trump-russia-probe-special-prosecutor-235387

Here's the video of him saying it on national TV: 

I repeat: This is a person who supported Trump during the election. The tide is turning. 

Darrell Issa?  Mr. anti science, anti environment poop stain? This is a nice thing to see first thing in the morning.  Only is it just all talk? Is he going to stand up in the House floor and say this?

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

If Trump gets impeached do we get to finally get rid of Bannon?

Yep. They a fine line to ride where they don't alienate Trump's base, but also don't throw themselves in with Trump because he is most likely a fast sinking ship who will take down people with him. 

Bannon can have his pick of the many lovely maximum security federal prisons we have in our beautiful country.  He is guilty of treason with talk about bringing down our current system of government. 

Some people have become dramatically stupider since the election.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/02/25/muhammad-ali-s-son-reportedly-detained-asked-are-you-muslim.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Muhammad Ali Jr. was asked how he got his name while detained at a Florida airport.  And if he was Muslim.

21 minutes ago, JMarie said:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/02/25/muhammad-ali-s-son-reportedly-detained-asked-are-you-muslim.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Muhammad Ali Jr. was asked how he got his name while detained at a Florida airport.  And if he was Muslim.

I wonder if it hurts to be that stupid.  Because it sounds really painful.

26 minutes ago, JMarie said:

I'll say!  It's bad enough they questioned him in passing, but to detain him for hours!  I've read other articles, and it adds he has a U.S. Passport, so there was no reason other than he answered "yes" he is Muslim.  I'd sue.

More of the article:

According to Mancini [Ali's attorney], immigration officials questioned the younger Ali for hours, asking him things like, “Where did you get your name from?” and “Are you Muslim?” Mancini, who condemned the incident as profiling, said the family is considering filing a federal lawsuit over the matter. “To the Ali family, it's crystal clear that this is directly linked to Mr. Trump's efforts to ban Muslims from the United States,”

From a larger article in my hometown paper. I feel very lucky to live where it's 70% plus blue

Spoiler

That’s a question on a lot of people’s minds about an orange Judge Elliot Daum is displaying on the wall of his Santa Rosa courtroom in the space once reserved for a portrait of the sitting U.S. president.

President Barack Obama’s picture came down after Donald Trump was elected and appears to have been replaced by the solitary piece of citrus, which sits alone on a small shelf near the state seal and U.S. and California flags.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived