IGNORED

Trump 10: Orange Voldemort Rises

Destiny

@JMO, yes, I am constantly freaking out about this shit. I have, in fact, started drinking. Only a glass of wine, but still... And yes, I'm fucking angry. 

These just made me laugh 

Screenshot_20170201-170149.jpg

Screenshot_20170201-170131.jpg

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, JMO said:

Has anyone else turned into a bitter angry person over the past 12 days because of the endless barrage of bullshit?!?  WI'll there be even one of these obscene picks that doesn't get through? ? Fckon Tillerson!!! I swear by all that is holy if DeVos gets though I'm going to have to start drinking. I would have already but I don't think the fetus would like it. Where can I hide from this shit show??? My only hope is that somehow some good comes out of this post Trump. Maybe the death of the Tea party? Universal health care??  Stricter requirements for various committees? Something?  Anything???

I'm totally feeling the same way. I feel like I've been in survival mode since inauguration day. I'm smoking twice as much as I usually do, and I don't even usually drink but I have been more often. I know I can't let this all keep me down, but I just keep wondering when the hell the shock is going to wear off. All the checks and balances have failed us. I have no idea how we're going to get through the next four years. It's only been twelve damn days. It feels like it's been a year at least. 

I'm sorry you have to go without booze during this stressful time. I'm sure the fetus appreciates it, though! :handgestures-thumbupright:

22 minutes ago, JMO said:

Has anyone else turned into a bitter angry person over the past 12 days because of the endless barrage of bullshit?!?  WI'll there be even one of these obscene picks that doesn't get through? ? Fckon Tillerson!!! I swear by all that is holy if DeVos gets though I'm going to have to start drinking. I would have already but I don't think the fetus would like it. Where can I hide from this shit show??? My only hope is that somehow some good comes out of this post Trump. Maybe the death of the Tea party? Universal health care??  Stricter requirements for various committees? Something?  Anything???

I live in a progressive county with damn good public education.  Taxes are high, but I'm good with that.  We get what we pay for.  Good schools, good  roads, a really fantastic library system.  If that slab of shit gets in for "Education" Secretary she better not fuck with my kid's school. I'd say places like Mississippi or Kansas can't have their schools go anymore down hill, but with DeVos that just might be the case. 

I'm so honored a title I came up with is being used for the thread

3 hours ago, AuntK said:

I guess I'm going to have to read the Harry Potter books  to understand the nuances here, aren't I? (I took my niece to the first HP movie eons ago, don't remember a lot, but it was entertaining and she loved it.) Will they take my mind off the shit show going on in Washington?

Yes! Though you might notice some disturbing parallels with the rise of Vildenort and of Trump (in the later books). 

I'm considering releasing the books now to give me hope that good will triumph over evil.

Is McConnell part turtle? 

Because look at these convincing gems:

2995138-5567932216-JKwts.jpg

yertle_the_turtle.jpg

Yes I'm being shallow and petty. He is an insult to all turtles.

Oh, boy. I saw the picture of The Cheeto and Will Smith and had to look up his imdb page

Our president guest starred on an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. 

Spoiler

sobbing.gif

My dad turned on MSNBC and I just love how they snark on and make fun of Trump and Spicer but are being completely serious while doing it, like they're delivering any other news. And they refer to that duo as, "Thing 1 and Thing 2." 

52 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I have good Senators and a good (dreamy) Congressional Rep, but really love Franken as well. Hey Minnesota, can you share him with oh umm Texas, Utah Mississippi and so on?    

Yes, please! Whenever I read about an elected official standing up to Trump, I close my eyes and pretend for a minute that they are my elected official. :pb_redface:

I took a mental health break from the never ending shitstorm, and made cookies and watched/listened to movies while puttering in the kitchen this afternoon. Now, I'm trying to catch up on the news and fighting the urge to just go hide again.  :pb_sad:

As for drinking more, count me in that club. Normally, I'm the sort that can go for over a year without drinking and not even notice it. I do make some recipes that call for alcohol, but I rarely drink it straight up. Anyway, I bought a box of red wine for a recipe, and now I'm drinking a half glass of wine before bed a few times a week. 

I decided to watch reality TV, get dumplings and peruse cute baby clothes. I also introduced my son to 80's music.  

I know I've been stress eating way more than usual. Horrible for my waistline, but this shit show is making me a mess

I've been leaning on my favorite animated character, Daria Morgendorffer. This nails my feelings over the last few weeks months.

daria_insane.JPG

Sigh, just sigh: "Trump backers like his early moves: ‘It’s what executives are supposed to be’"

ACCIDENT, Md. — In this tiny town of rolling hills in far western Maryland, many of President Trump’s supporters have a message to those protesting his policies: Take a deep breath and stop yelling.

Many here say the president is simply doing everything he promised to do and that he was elected to do — fight political correctness, protect the country from terrorists, crack down on illegal immigration, make Washington’s swamp dwellers uncomfortable and show strength to other countries. Critics are unfairly exaggerating the effect of Trump’s executive orders and complaining without giving him a fair chance, supporters say, just as critics blew some of his comments and jokes out of proportion during the campaign.

“I think people are just picking sides and not really getting all of the facts that they need,” said Charisse Smith, 25, a waitress at Annie’s Kitchen Country Restaurant on Main Street who voted for Trump. “They just go along with their side. They’re not digging into what they’re actually saying.”

There’s wide support in this town of roughly 320 for the president’s rapidly implemented ban on refugees and on citizens of seven countries that are predominantly Muslim, along with Trump’s decision Monday night to dismiss the acting attorney general who refused to defend the executive order.

“Did you really think he was going to go too long without those two words: ‘You’re fired?’ ” said Buz Gosnell, 71, a retired helicopter pilot who had fried fish for lunch at Annie’s on Tuesday. “He’s the first president since Teddy Roosevelt to really do what he says he’s going to do. . . . It’s what executives are supposed to be.”

Others at the restaurant that afternoon agreed. A 60-year-old who works in the oil and gas industry said he is relieved to have a “tough businessman” in the White House and hopes Trump will “slam the door shut” on all Middle Easterners. A 26-year-old IT worker with a bushy beard said everyone should support “enhanced screenings” at airports and struggles to take protesters seriously, referring to them as “an entertaining show” that keeps airing new episodes.

Accident — yes, that’s really its name — is located in Garrett County, surrounded by West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Most versions of the story of how the town got its name involve two groups of surveyors who accidentally assessed the same patch of land.

This county has long been deeply conservative, and Trump won here with more than 77 percent of the vote — while the blue state of Maryland went to Hillary Clinton, who received 60 percent of the vote statewide. One local pointed out that even the weekly newspaper is named the Republican.

The mountainous area is also dotted with expensive weekend homes that belong to residents of Philadelphia, Washington and Baltimore, who tend to be more liberal. During the Women’s March on Washington the day after Trump’s inauguration, a bus filled with women from St. Louis broke down in Accident — and the pink-hat-wearing passengers decided to march there, instead.

Accident’s Main Street features the staples of a small, rural community — a credit union, a white clapboard Lutheran church, a decades-old car dealership, a laundromat and Annie’s, which serves breakfast all day. There’s also a creamery that produces goat cheese sold at Whole Foods and Wegmans, an organic grocery store that carries almond milk, and Moonshadow, a restaurant known for its craft brew list and locally sourced ingredients.

“It’s peaceful,” said Smith, who has worked at Annie’s for 10 years. “And the people are nice and it’s not too crowded.”

In high school, Smith traveled with her church youth group to Columbus, Ohio, and “got a little glimpse into what life’s like in the cities.”

“It was a pretty big culture shock from what I’m used to,” she said. “There’s no way I could do it. I like my country life.”

Smith and her husband, who works for the county health department, live comfortably in a house they own just outside of Accident. They make enough money to cover their mortgage, car payments and other bills. She thinks America should be more like Accident.

“I think a lot of city people always think that we’re so ignorant, and we’re just hillbillies, and I don’t believe that at all,” Smith said. “We might not always be super-educated in politics, but we’re just human beings like everyone else.”

Religion guides Smith’s life, and she acknowledges that Christianity has its own extremists, like those who violently attack gays. So she understands that the horrific acts committed by Islamic State terrorists cannot be held against all Muslims. But, she asks herself, can the United States protect itself while helping Muslims from other countries, especially those fleeing war?

“I think as Christians we definitely need to be reaching out to these people, and I think our country should be helping them,” she said, “but I don’t think letting them come in and just have free rein of our country.”

Karen Engel, a retired hairdresser who lives in the next town over, said her niece attends West Virginia University and has a co-worker who is from Syria and is nervous about what could happen. This summer, Engel was in Ocean City and skipped the fireworks display for fear that the crowd could be targeted by terrorists.

Before the election, Engel said, she was discussing Trump’s proposed “Muslim ban” — at that point a wholesale barring of foreigners of Islamic faith — and a friend posed a hypothetical: Three people show up at your house, starving and needing a place to stay. Engel said she would help them. Then the friend asked what she would do if there was a chance one might stab her. Engel changed her answer.

“I don’t know who’s the bad person in the bunch, but I’m not willing to let anyone in,” said Engel, 58, a lifelong Democrat who voted for Trump.

Engel was one of nearly two dozen women, mostly retirees, who gathered at Accident’s library on Tuesday afternoon to sample various teas from around the world. One woman gave a spirited defense of Trump but declined to give her name, for fear that someone on the Internet would come to her home.

Patrice Wells, 63, is one of the county’s rare liberals and said she is horrified by the president’s ban and other actions he has taken.

“In my opinion and in my heart and in my stomach, America is the place for refugees and immigrants. That’s what our country was built upon,” said Wells, who lives about two miles outside of town.

Wells has lived in the county since 1982 and has slowly seen the overwhelmingly white area gain some diversity thanks to seasonal workers from South America who work at the nearby ski resort and to international students at Garrett College. She said her neighbors could benefit from learning more about the world.

“If you live in an area that’s all white and all Christian and you think that that’s the only way that there is, then those other people are scary, and so in trying to keep their families safe and keep their surroundings safe, then the thought is: I don’t want them here,” Wells said.

As the older women drank tea and chatted, Casandra Kinzey applied for jobs using one of the library’s computers. Kinzey, a 24-year-old mother of two, remembers being in fourth grade on 9/11. Her teachers turned off the lights and turned on the news.

“It terrified me because we didn’t know what was going to happen,” she said. “That’s the scariest part — not knowing.”

Trump’s aggressive personality makes her feel safer, and she’s glad he implemented the travel ban.

“It’s to protect our people,” she said. “There’s been a lot of trust when it comes to that situation and obviously we made the wrong decisions. I honestly feel there could have been more security.”

Oh yeah, I feel sooooooooo much safer with Agent Orange occupying the White House. <end sarcasm font>

My child is super into the Netflix cartoon "all Hail King Julien" (about the lemur king from the madagascar movies) at the moment.
I think I may have found Trump's role model.    But the lemur might be slightly more self-aware.  And have slightly better advisers.  

Spoiler

@GreyhoundFan: Well they're not going to be so pleased when they start losing their jobs, their benefits and their healthcare. So let them smugly enjoy their "victory," they're not going to be happy for long. And I'm not going to feel the slightest bit bad for them when they end up suffering. 

Agent Fornicate Face is going to have everyone on the planet - with the possible exception of Russia - turning against us.

thehill.com/homenews/administration/317480-trump-fields-tense-phone-call-with-australian-pm-report

President Trump may be off to a rocky start with one of the United States’ closest allies: Australia.

In a Saturday phone call with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, Trump lambasted an agreement between the two countries over refugee resettlement and bragged about the size of his Electoral College victory, as well as the fact that he had held several calls with other world leaders that same day, The Washington Post reports.

The account of the phone call seems to contradict that of the White House, which said that the two men “emphasized the enduring strength and closeness of the U.S.-Australia relationship that is critical for peace, stability, and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region and globally.”

When Turnbull asked Trump if the U.S. would take in 1,250 refugees currently being held in Australia — an agreement that the two countries made under President Obama — Trump reportedly called it “the worst deal ever,” and suggested that Australia may be trying to send the U.S. “the next Boston bomber.”

Just now, RoseWilder said:

@GreyhoundFan: Well they're not going to be so pleased when they start losing their jobs, their benefits and their healthcare. So let them smugly enjoy their "victory," they're not going to be happy for long. And I'm not going to feel the slightest bit bad for them when they end up suffering. 

I so agree. I won't feel bad for them, but I will feel bad for the rest of us.

Turnbull told Trump that to honor the agreement, the United States would not have to accept all of the refugees but only to allow them each through the normal vetting procedures. At that, Trump vowed to subject each refu­gee to “extreme vetting,” the senior U.S. official said.

Trump was also skeptical because he did not see a specific advantage the United States would gain by honoring the deal, officials said.

I found the above quote from the article I cited above quite disturbing. Can we send all these "America First" lunatics to Mars?

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I so agree. I won't feel bad for them, but I will feel bad for the rest of us.

It may make me a bad person to admit this, but I'm at the point where if I saw a Republican on fire and I had a full bladder, I'd excuse myself to find the nearest bathroom.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Yes, please! Whenever I read about an elected official standing up to Trump, I close my eyes and pretend for a minute that they are my elected official. :pb_redface:

I took a mental health break from the never ending shitstorm, and made cookies and watched/listened to movies while puttering in the kitchen this afternoon. Now, I'm trying to catch up on the news and fighting the urge to just go hide again.  :pb_sad:

As for drinking more, count me in that club. Normally, I'm the sort that can go for over a year without drinking and not even notice it. I do make some recipes that call for alcohol, but I rarely drink it straight up. Anyway, I bought a box of red wine for a recipe, and now I'm drinking a half glass of wine before bed a few times a week. 

Yeah we need to clone Al twice and have him come down here to Iowa.

......should someone tell President Cheeto that the Boston bombers were Chechen?

Just now, Destiny said:

......should someone tell President Cheeto that the Boston bombers were Chechen?

They were born somewhere else, that makes them Muslim terrorists who should be banned!
(Nobody mention Saudi arabia or Pakistan, or you'll be banned)

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Oh God YES. I used to be a nice, well-mannered, church-going lady, posting family photos and recipes on FB, but the last 6 months, I've turned into a take-no-shit-from anybody, pottymouth, hell-on-wheels bitch, dropping the f-bomb at will and taking no prisoners. I've lost friends, got a sister who isn't speaking to me, but you know what? I DON'T CARE! This is about the future of the US and whether or not it's going to survive, at least as we know it.

This forum has been a lifesaver since there are only one or two people IRL that I would unload on like I do here. I have gotten a bit more subtle on FB, taking a page out of JK Rowling's book, (no pun intended). 

Today a friend posted an article on FB from the Christian Science Monitor about how long it was taking Germany to recover from Hitler, leading, of course, to comparisons with how long will it take the US to recover from Orange Hitler. One of her friends posted a comment about how long it would take the US to recover from the "rioting, lawlessness, disrespect for law enforcement" throughout the last 8 years of "Obama's reign." THIS, after the shit show this country has endured for 10 days!!! I was so PISSED! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? We had a man with intelligence, dignity, class, who was blocked at every turn by Congress, YET, he was STILL a better president in the 30 seconds it took him to walk down the steps to greet Cheeto at the WH portico than Cheeto can ever hope to be. 

Anyway, I was able to restrain myself on FB and merely pointed out to the ignorant trumpster that Publix (grocery store chain in the South) had Reynolds Wrap (aluminum foil) on sale 2 for 1 and she might want to stock up since it sounded like she needed a new hat. 

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived