IGNORED

Trump 10: Orange Voldemort Rises

Destiny

Oh, and I do still attend church every Sunday, asking for forgiveness, unlike some others, and trying to remember I am a woman of faith, after all!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Oh geez. He doesn't even know the POTUS cannot hang up on another world leader like a 13-year-old mad at his girlfriend! I read on something called, "goopspeak," which may or may not be fake news, that he threatened the president of Mexico that if they didn't pay for the damn wall, he was sending in troops!

14 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Well to be fair, if I was the Australian PM I probably would've concluded the call two minutes in with a fuck you and a click.

And I just saw this piece of awesome on Facebook....

derBundeskanzler.png

If you live in Kansas, please call. If you don't live in Kansas, then please spread this far and wide. Maybe someone who does live in Kansas will see it. 

He is calling the refugees being held in Australia illegal immigrants on Twitter. Will someone please take his phone away?

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sigh, just sigh: "Trump backers like his early moves: ‘It’s what executives are supposed to be’"

My hometown's population is 1200. I have to wonder if these people in "Accident" ever met someone who wasn't white. I seriously doubt it.

Oh great. We're going to have a crisis with Australia, one of our closest allies, who fought with us in Afghanistan, and with MEXICO, our neighbor to the south from whom we import a shitload of products, fruits, vegetables, cars. Who is next? Canada? Maybe Great Britain should just re-colonize us for the duration. I'd rather answer to the Queen than the Chump.

6 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Oh great. We're going to have a crisis with Australia, one of our closest allies, who fought with us in Afghanistan, and with MEXICO, our neighbor to the south from whom we import a shitload of products, fruits, vegetables, cars. Who is next? Canada? Maybe Great Britain should just re-colonize us for the duration. I'd rather answer to the Queen than the Chump.

I sometimes wish we had more of a British system instead.  I think we wouldn't have had anywhere near the level of problems we've had these past 17 years if we had something closer to what they have in Canada or the UK.

Their systems aren't perfect either, but I think the American system is seriously broken and needs to be fixed. 

Holy shit, this is horrifying: 

https://www.thenation.com/article/leaked-draft-of-trumps-religious-freedom-order-reveals-sweeping-plans-to-legalize-discrimination/

A  leaked copy of a draft executive order titled “Establishing a Government-Wide Initiative to Respect Religious Freedom,” obtained by The Investigative Fund and The Nation, reveals sweeping plans by the Trump administration to legalize discrimination.

The four-page draft order, a copy of which is currently circulating among federal staff and advocacy organizations, construes religious organizations so broadly that it covers “any organization, including closely held for-profit corporations,” and protects “religious freedom” in every walk of life: “when providing social services, education, or healthcare; earning a living, seeking a job, or employing others; receiving government grants or contracts; or otherwise participating in the marketplace, the public square, or interfacing with Federal, State or local governments.”

The draft order seeks to create wholesale exemptions for people and organizations who claim religious or moral objections to same-sex marriage, premarital sex, abortion, and trans identity, and it seeks to curtail women’s access to contraception and abortion through the Affordable Care Act. The White House did not respond to requests for comment, but when asked Monday about whether a religious freedom executive order was in the works, White House spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters, “I’m not getting ahead of the executive orders that we may or may not issue. There is a lot of executive orders, a lot of things that the president has talked about and will continue to fulfill, but we have nothing on that front now.”

Language in the draft document specifically protects the tax-exempt status of any organization that “believes, speaks, or acts (or declines to act) in accordance with the belief that marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman, sexual relations are properly reserved for such a marriage, male and female and their equivalents refer to an individual’s immutable biological sex as objectively determined by anatomy, physiology, or genetics at or before birth, and that human life begins at conception and merits protection at all stages of life.”

Aside from being horrifying, it also enrages me that someone like Trump is going to try to legislate things like premarital sex when he's had at least two affairs (that we know of.) 

15 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Holy shit, this is horrifying: 

https://www.thenation.com/article/leaked-draft-of-trumps-religious-freedom-order-reveals-sweeping-plans-to-legalize-discrimination/

Aside from being horrifying, it also enrages me that someone like Trump is going to try to legislate things like premarital sex when he's had at least two affairs (that we know of.) 

How long will we be in free fall? So, I guess that all Republicans can think about is sex. Funny, I've shared a hotel room with my sweetie and one or two of his friends, who are brothers, and somehow, we've all been able to avoid commingling our bits. One of the conventions we attend has been held at a Marriott the last couple of years, which is Mormon owned. Based on this article, I would be a convention commuter, because I don't want to pay for a room for one. 

Also, will they apply this equally, and not rent a motel room to two men or two women? After all, they may not be just friends who are trying to split a hotel bill…  As homophobic as some can be, based on what they call "religious freedom", I wouldn't put it past them. (I'm just trying to reason this out.)  I guess they'd have to start building really religious hotels, with lots of single rooms and single beds. Guess they'd also need guards who would check id's and registration, to make sure no one is going into a room other than the one he/she rented (if this does hit the worst case scenario). I do enjoy reading dystopian fantasy, but so many of my dystopias are becoming too real. 

Also, how would they handle a married couple when the wife has decided to (gasp!) keep her own name? Would they have to travel with their marriage certificate. 

Re-How I changed: I run 4x a week and now my runs have gotten super hard in the sense that I end it with me breathing super hard cause I'll be thinking nice thoughts and then remember Trump is president and that we're like falling apart as a nation and then I realize I was sprinting and almost at my house. I'm high key surprised I haven't drank more, but if I do drink it's like 3-4 glasses instead of the usual 1 in one sitting cause I'm like FML.

I always wanted to go to Australia and now I'm like well fuck Trump, now we lost another another ally. As a Christian I just want to give a big fuck you and middle finger to the extreme right wing Christians that want to infiltrate their lack of Jesus' loving agenda so that the rest of us are screwed.

Who the everloving fuck picks a fight with Australia?  I'd laugh, but ain't none of this funny. 

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I've been leaning on my favorite animated character, Daria Morgendorffer. This nails my feelings over the last few weeks months.

daria_insane.JPG

If Daria were elected president (our first female president?!?), the world would be a much better place.  And her mom could be the attorney general.  And Jody could be, well, she'd probably be good in any position.

^^^ I know this episode ("I Loathe A Parade").  Jake eats too much heart-smart chili and runs out of TP.  Daria is sent out to get some, but gets caught up in parade festivities on the way home.  I'm not embarrassed that I remember this.

2 hours ago, AuntK said:

Your Majesty,

We've gotten ourselves into an abusive relationship with a madman, and we'd really like to come home now. 

Warmest regards,

The United Colonies of America 

PS: Since we're coming back, can you do something about Sherlock? Can you promise at least one more season series? 

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@CTRLZero half-jokingly mentioned in the last thread that we may have to start sending apology letters to other countries because Trump blows (paraphrasing here.) I actually don't think that's an entirely bad idea. At the least it would help show not all the people living here are massive assholes and that we do feel shame for the words and actions of those representing us on the world stage.

Any thoughts or comments? Which countries - other than Mexico, obviously - would be included? Anyone willing to translate or write up a template in various languages we can use?

@iweartanktopsHi to you too! :dance:

Don't worry America. The majority of us Aussies are watching on in horror, wishing there was something we could do to help. And we think it's kind of funny- our Prime Minister is a spineless waste of space too scared of the minority in his party to govern properly. So seeing him catch some shade is lightening the mood. Trumplethinskin does have some supporters here though. Google Pauline Hanson and One Nation. You'll see our Trumperhumpers are very similar to your own. 

@CyborgKin The tweet is in this post. Kind of confused that you can't find your own posts, though. (And the tweet doesn't show in the "quote" function for that post).

@apple1 the tweet is in @RoseWilder 's post I quoted, not my post.  It's no business of mine, I was just linking an article related to the topic @RoseWilder mentioned.  If you have questions about the tweet, ask RoseWilder, not me.

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I sometimes wish we had more of a British system instead.  I think we wouldn't have had anywhere near the level of problems we've had these past 17 years if we had something closer to what they have in Canada or the UK.

Their systems aren't perfect either, but I think the American system is seriously broken and needs to be fixed. 

From a foreigner's pov you just need to do away with gerrymandering and the electoral college. Without the ec in the last eighteen years you would have had Gore instead of Bush jr and HRC instead of the orange monster.  It seems pretty straightforward to me, you would have avoided the two worst presidents ever.

You all may want to make your opinion re the Dakota Access Pipeline known to the government.  There's time till February 20th.

www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5890e57fe4b0c90eff009b6a? 

The Standing Rock Sioux are calling on members of the public to let the government know exactly how you feel about the Dakota Access Pipeline.

The Department of the Army is accepting public comments leading up to its environmental impact statement in connection with Dakota Access’ request for them to grant an easement for the pipeline to cross North Dakota’s Lake Oahe. The comment period is open until Feb. 20, according to the document.

The Lake Oahe crossing has been one of the central points of contention for the Standing Rock Sioux and their allies, since a spill at that location would contaminate the tribe’s drinking water. After months of protests, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced in December that they would not grant the easement for the crossing, but instead would prepare an environmental impact statement to further study the potential effects of the project and explore alternate routes.

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Your Majesty,

We've gotten ourselves into an abusive relationship with a madman, and we'd really like to come home now. 

Warmest regards,

The United Colonies of America 

PS: Since we're coming back, can you do something about Sherlock? Can you promise at least one more season series? 

Make America Great Britain Again! ;)

And yeah, please do something about Sherlock while you're at it.  With some better writers.

Husband and I were talking just now. He decided that Mitch McConnell shall henceforth be known as "Gibblets" in our house (because he looks like a Turkey neck.) And I have christened Paul Ryan "The Slug" (because he's spineless and leaves a mess wherever he goes.)

Just felt like sharing. :pb_lol:

Have you guys had the 4th season of Sherlock air? It's looking like it will be the last. :( 

One thing that would really help your political system imo, is compulsory voting. For all our whining here, it works. Voting booths are open from 7-6 on a Saturday and if you can't make it to a voting station on that day you can go to one of the permanent polling places and vote early, I think it's two weeks early. 

That way everyone has a say, it can't be the popular vote v electoral college or state numbers. 

But yeah, I don't think your political landscape looks promising for a while unfortunately. (Sorry, big follower of American politics) 

slightly off topic, only one more Republican needed to stop De Vos!

11 minutes ago, Keyleigh said:

Have you guys had the 4th season of Sherlock air? It's looking like it will be the last. :( 

One thing that would really help your political system imo, is compulsory voting. For all our whining here, it works. Voting booths are open from 7-6 on a Saturday and if you can't make it to a voting station on that day you can go to one of the permanent polling places and vote early, I think it's two weeks early. 

That way everyone has a say, it can't be the popular vote v electoral college or state numbers. 

But yeah, I don't think your political landscape looks promising for a while unfortunately. (Sorry, big follower of American politics) 

slightly off topic, only one more Republican needed to stop De Vos!

I also think we should have compulsory voting. Unfortunately, I can't get a lot of people, even my more liberal friends to agree. It's that stubborn "you can't MAKE me do it" thing we have going on.

And in other news... What hell is this? Jerry Falwell should not be mentioned in the same sentence as education. Let's not let Betsy and Jerry take their show on the road.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN15G5F4?client=safari

16 hours ago, AuntK said:

That secret assassination panel under the NSC is just too horrifying for words! I would like to know its history. How can something like that operate without any law?

Can you imagine what would have happened in the 60s if this super secret panel existed back then?  Makes you wonder doesn't it? Not that I'm a tin foil hat-wearing conspiracy theorist, but Medgar Evers, Martin Luther King, the three Freedom Riders in Mississippi, maybe those weren't just the work of red-necked, slack-jawed,  racist good ol boys. . .

Yeah, this makes we wonder about that too.

9 hours ago, AuntK said:

Oh geez. He doesn't even know the POTUS cannot hang up on another world leader like a 13-year-old mad at his girlfriend! I read on something called, "goopspeak," which may or may not be fake news, that he threatened the president of Mexico that if they didn't pay for the damn wall, he was sending in troops!

Yep.  Only one week, and he's already insulted and alienated three leaders of our world allies.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived