IGNORED

Trump 10: Orange Voldemort Rises

Destiny

"Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good and kind and brave because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort." - Albus Dumbledore

continued from here:

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Senate just confirmed Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senate-confirms-rex-tillerson_us_58923d2ae4b0310df2728549?gijaenchfrctbj4i&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

The U.S. Senate confirmed Rex Tillerson as President Donald Trump’s secretary of state on Wednesday, filling a key spot on the Republican’s national security team despite concerns about the former Exxon Mobil Corp chief executive’s ties to Russia.

As voting continued, 53 senators had backed Tillerson, and 42 had voted no. The vote was largely along party lines, with every Republican favoring Tillerson and nearly every Democrat opposed. (Reporting by Patricia Zengerle ; Editing by Alden Bentley)

It doesn't tell the names of the Democrats who voted in favor of this. But I want their names. This is sickening. Why are the Democrats rolling over on Trumps nominees. Where the hell are their spines?

Democrats and Independent who voted FOR Tillerson:

Mark Warner, VA (d)

Heidi Heitkamp, ND (d)

Joe Manchin III, W. VA (d)

Angus King, ME (i)

8 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senate-confirms-rex-tillerson_us_58923d2ae4b0310df2728549?gijaenchfrctbj4i&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

It doesn't tell the names of the Democrats who voted in favor of this. But I want their names. This is sickening. Why are the Democrats rolling over on Trumps nominees. Where the hell are their spines?

Here you go.

The final vote was 56-43, with four members of the Democratic caucus in favor of confirmation: Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.), Angus King (I-Maine), Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.).

I've already called Warner's office to express my displeasure.

Here's Warner's stupid release:

“Tonight I voted to move forward with the nomination of Rex Tillerson to serve as Secretary of State.

“Mr. Tillerson clearly would not have been my first choice for Secretary of State. I disagree with him on many issues, including Exxon Mobil’s stance on climate change and lobbying against Russian sanctions. 

“I respect the fact that he has chosen at this point in his career to serve the nation. I know that there are many people who disagree with my decision, but I believe that he will bring a more experienced, measured voice to an Administration that has so far struggled to demonstrate any rational approach to foreign policy.”

It's about the committee vote, but I'm guessing it's the same rationale. Pretty much saying that "it could be worse". Yeah, that's not good.

Sorry @iweartanktops, I was already started on a new thread. I am keeping a list of title suggestions though so those will go on the list. 

I can't remember whose suggestion I used for this one cos like a moron I didn't keep notes of whose ideas they were. Just the ideas. 

That secret assassination panel under the NSC is just too horrifying for words! I would like to know its history. How can something like that operate without any law?

Can you imagine what would have happened in the 60s if this super secret panel existed back then?  Makes you wonder doesn't it? Not that I'm a tin foil hat-wearing conspiracy theorist, but Medgar Evers, Martin Luther King, the three Freedom Riders in Mississippi, maybe those weren't just the work of red-necked, slack-jawed,  racist good ol boys. . .

Double posting this info because I think it is so important. 

Two GOP senators have now said they will vote NO on Betsy Devos. We only need ONE more to block her confirmation. According to DailyKos, the three that are ripe for the picking are:

Rob Portman, OH, Pat Toomey, PA and Shelley Moore Capito, WV.

So, if you live in any of those states, I beg you to start calling!

Spoiler

According to Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) no Democrat is going to support DeVos. That means we need just one more Republican to defeat her confirmation. The best targets: Jeff Flake (AZ) and Dean Heller (NV). Both  Flake and Heller were opposed to Trump and even cagey about whether they'd vote fro him in the general election.

Both are up for reelection in 2018. Both represent states with large rural populations, small towns that rely on their local public schools as the backbones of their communities. Just like Murkowski. And just like with Murkowski, they can be swayed by phone calls and emails. So let's bombard them. Contact Flake and Heller and tell them what you think. And please, call now!

The internet is currently pondering if he knows if Fredrick Douglas is alive or dead based on his comment about him being “an example of somebody who has done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/mr-president-who-is-frederick-douglass?utm_term=.ka58xBkpp0#.de6yMqkppa

For those of you who are foreigners and have not studied much American history, he is dead. He was a slave who escaped and became an abolitionist. Now you know more than our Clown in Chief.

The remains of the soldier killed in Yemen have arrived at Dover Air Force Base.  Even though the family requested privacy, Donnie and Ivanka still showed up.  I guess Melania was busy.

A Dubuque council member called Agent Orange an asshat.

kcrg.com/content/news/Dubuque-city-council-member-stands-by-his-vulgar-description-of-President-Trump-412348073.html

On Tuesday, Rios told TV-9, "I do think he's an asshat to be honest with you. I don't think he's thinking things through."

Rios posted to his city council Facebook page, all of the things he wrote in the email to the newspaper. That included his description of President Trump.

Several people commented on the post. Some applauded him, others shamed him.

"I'd probably say it again if you asked me because it's my opinion. I have respect for the office. But I don't have respect for the man sitting in the office," said Rios.

And now all the teabillies who were so exicited when Mr. Rios was elected that teabag happy days were on the way are now all bent out of shape that he's called Trump what he actually is.

And I would love to tell all the local pearl clutchers that I have a lot worse names for Orange Fornicate Face. 

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

In Trump's personal safe, next to their souls, dignity, pride and common sense. I hope he paid well. 

I guess I'm going to have to read the Harry Potter books  to understand the nuances here, aren't I? (I took my niece to the first HP movie eons ago, don't remember a lot, but it was entertaining and she loved it.) Will they take my mind off the shit show going on in Washington?

3 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Will they take my mind off the shit show going on in Washington?

Yes.
Thinking about it, I may reared them. Again.

7 hours ago, AuntK said:
I guess I'm going to have to read the Harry Potter books  to understand the nuances here, aren't I? (I took my niece to the first HP movie eons ago, don't remember a lot, but it was entertaining and she loved it.) Will they take my mind off the shit show going on in Washington?

For context, Voldemort was an evil racist wizard who wanted to take over the wizarding world, including education and the government. Albus Dumbledore was one of the main people who fought against him, and one of the only wizards Voldemort feared.

This specific quote is in reference to Voldemort having killed a 17yo because that child was literally superfluous to his plans.

Read them. They are terrific.

1 hour ago, AuntK said:

Can you imagine what would have happened in the 60s if this super secret panel existed back then?  Makes you wonder doesn't it? Not that I'm a tin foil hat-wearing conspiracy theorist, but Medgar Evers, Martin Luther King, the three Freedom Riders in Mississippi, maybe those weren't just the work of red-necked, slack-jawed,  racist good ol boys. . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

@CTRLZero half-jokingly mentioned in the last thread that we may have to start sending apology letters to other countries because Trump blows (paraphrasing here.) I actually don't think that's an entirely bad idea. At the least it would help show not all the people living here are massive assholes and that we do feel shame for the words and actions of those representing us on the world stage.

Any thoughts or comments? Which countries - other than Mexico, obviously - would be included? Anyone willing to translate or write up a template in various languages we can use?

@iweartanktopsHi to you too! :dance:

3 hours ago, zygote373 said:

You can see who voted for him here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/02/01/us/politics/tillerson-confirmation-vote-live.html?_r=0

Warner (D-VA), Heitkamp (D-ND), Manchin (D-WV), and King (I-ME) were the non-Republicans who voted in favor. Sigh.

Fuck off Warner.  Used to think you were a good guy.

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Yes.
Thinking about it, I may reared them. Again.

Me too.  A nice distraction about good triumphing over evil.  Perfect for right now.

16 minutes ago, Dark Matters said:

I have good Senators and a good (dreamy) Congressional Rep, but really love Franken as well. Hey Minnesota, can you share him with oh umm Texas, Utah Mississippi and so on?    

57 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Fuck off Warner.  Used to think you were a good guy.

Yeah, me too. I called his office and expressed my displeasure.

I wanted to share a couple of Tweets from the fabulous George Takei. McConnell has the sourest expressions in the western world.

george_takei.JPG

George_takei_mcconnell.JPG

Has anyone else turned into a bitter angry person over the past 12 days because of the endless barrage of bullshit?!?  WI'll there be even one of these obscene picks that doesn't get through? ? Fckon Tillerson!!! I swear by all that is holy if DeVos gets though I'm going to have to start drinking. I would have already but I don't think the fetus would like it. Where can I hide from this shit show??? My only hope is that somehow some good comes out of this post Trump. Maybe the death of the Tea party? Universal health care??  Stricter requirements for various committees? Something?  Anything???

I'm still sick with fear.  I'm afraid this is going to be like the 60s all over again.  1963 and 1968.  But then are some little glimmers of hope.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/aclu-raises-24-million-donations-weekend-article-1.2960061.  Keep up the fight.  May the presses never stop running.  May the truth never stop being told.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived