IGNORED

Steve Bannon is an awful father and a wife beater

ShepherdontheRock

On 7/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

smoked four cigars, then ran ten miles in the clothes he is wearing in 110 degree heat

Quasi random infolet: There's a large homeless population in my city and before I retired, I'd walk/drive/bike past a guy who seemingly slept in a chair and wore so many clothes, including coats, even when it was incredibly hot.  Then I read that this is called swaddling. I googled just now and got "Schizophrenic patients often wear redundant or multiple layers of clothing, with no clear correlation to the ambient temperature or other weather conditions."

Who knows if this is related to Bannon's wearing of multiple clothing layers, but something about the guy just isn't right, sartorial wise.  Yesterday, he wore a suit coat and trousers, with a dark shirt and a black T-shirt beneath

Jurors will be seated today and the trial should be quick. Bannon has threatened to "go medieval" in the courtroom, so who knows what's going to happen, other than "Medieval" could be the judge so fed up with Bannon's antics he sends him off to a dungeon. This is a Federal trial with a Federal judge in a Federal court room; not a place to fuck around and find out. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

His lawyer asked for a one month delay and the judge ruled against it.  Now he's asking for a delay until Friday or Monday and the judge is considering it.  I guess the lawyer is just trying to keep Bannon out of jail for as long as he can.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

Speaking of layers, I think it's a T-shirt, two dress shirts, and a suit jacket. It's summer...

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 2

Bannon has been found GUILTY

Steve Bannon, ex-White House strategist and adviser to former President Donald Trump, was found guilty by a jury Friday of criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to appear before the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol.

Bannon was found guilty of two counts of criminal contempt — one for refusing to appear for a deposition before the panel and the other for refusing to produce requested documents. Each count carries a minimum potential sentence of 30 days and a maximum of one year in jail, as well as a fine of $100 to $1,000. Bannon will be sentenced at a later date.

The jury deliberated for a little over two hours before returning its verdict in federal court in Washington, D.C.

Bannon did not testify during the weeklong trial and his legal team did not call any witnesses.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.ddc52cb474612199405811360771b649.png

Well, we all know he's full of 💩, so... 

• Haha 3

image.png.1560502e7c34b205ae87b0d30813b14d.png

(it's in the high 90s today with high humidity here in the DC area)

• Upvote 5

This made me laugh myself silly:

And I agree,  it's about damned time.

• Haha 6

To quote Jim Wright at Stonekettle station - I'll hold off cheering till I see the sentence. I'd like maximum possible, run consecutively please.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

39 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I wanted to curl up with my book and clear my head after a stressful day. Now however I have a Hawley/Bannon mashup in my brain.

• Haha 7

I just heard the news and rushed here to share it only to find you are all already celebrating! Now let’s hope the judge gives him a good smackdown. I read the sentence is pretty limited as far as actual jail time but I don’t know what the financial penalties could be. In my jurisdiction if a defendant has a jury trial and loses, that person pays all the jury-related costs (the pay the jurors get, their mileage, etc) and the contempt charge may have potential fines, fees, & costs. I realize Bannon is wealthy but I hope the judge goes max jail and max financial to make a point. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This made me laugh myself silly:

And I agree,  it's about damned time.

More like it's about FUCKING time.  I know he won't be in the can that long for these particular crimes but I hope it leads to him being held accountable for more things that result in him going away for decades.

• Upvote 6

Despite his conviction, Bannon is still spouting his usual shite.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1

5 hours ago, apple1 said:

He sounds very unhinged, and as if he needs psych evaluation and care.

Possibly deliberate. Too late for "not guilty by reason of insanity", but not too late to try and get hospital style accommodation rather than gen pop.

I'm feeling cynical about anyone paying any actual price for anything at this point, but this is a step in the right direction. 

On 7/22/2022 at 9:57 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

In my jurisdiction if a defendant has a jury trial and loses, that person pays all the jury-related costs (the pay the jurors get, their mileage, etc) 

Hmm. In DC that seems to come out to $40 per juror, plus $7 each for transportation. Which is pretty high for the US, actually! I think it's $12 a day where I live, maybe? Government employees don't get that, but they do get their regular pay for the day apparently. If they deliberated over lunch the court would provide a meal, but during the trial itself juries have to bring their own or buy something at the courthouse. 

Hopefully he gets some hefty fines because the jury costs aren't really all that much for him. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Possibly deliberate. Too late for "not guilty by reason of insanity", but not too late to try and get hospital style accommodation rather than gen pop

If he got hospital style accommodations, I'd hope he had Randal McMurphy's old bed and that a descendant of Nurse Ratched was in charge of him.

• Upvote 3

On 7/19/2022 at 10:59 AM, Xan said:

His lawyer asked for a one month delay and the judge ruled against it.  Now he's asking for a delay until Friday or Monday and the judge is considering it.  I guess the lawyer is just trying to keep Bannon out of jail for as long as he can.

Bannon’s probably wants it for Friday as that is where big news stories go to die. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Of course Bannon spoke at CPAC. Surprisingly, it looks like he's made friends with a bar of soap in the not to distant past. Oh, and the idea of Kash Patel in charge of anything is terrifying.

• Thank You 6

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Of course Bannon spoke at CPAC. Surprisingly, it looks like he's made friends with a bar of soap in the not to distant past. Oh, and the idea of Kash Patel in charge of anything is terrifying.

Well if the photos and footage we have seen of the Trumpers at rallies, protests, etc. are any indication, the cadres of Gravy Seals and Y’all Qaeda may hit the beach, but then they’re going to lay there flopping around trying to get back on their feet as they are stymied by being wet, weighed down by all the gear they bought to look cool but don’t know jackshit about really using, being out of breath by being majorly out of shape, and just the overall chaos by having a bunch of idiots with no game plan or even remotely intelligent members trying to get it together at least enough so the group of stoned teenagers smoking pot who had been on the beach when they landed would stop laughing hysterically at them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Well if the photos and footage we have seen of the Trumpers at rallies, protests, etc. are any indication, the cadres of Gravy Seals and Y’all Qaeda may hit the beach, but then they’re going to lay there flopping around trying to get back on their feet as they are stymied by being wet, weighed down by all the gear they bought to look cool but don’t know jackshit about really using, being out of breath by being majorly out of shape, and just the overall chaos by having a bunch of idiots with no game plan or even remotely intelligent members trying to get it together at least enough so the group of stoned teenagers smoking pot who had been on the beach when they landed would stop laughing hysterically at them. 

All it takes is looking at the yahoos who decided to drive trucks to DC.  They started in-fighting, accused each other of embezzling funds, and ended up looking like idiots.  Last I heard, the "people's convoy" (or the "1776 Movement" or whatever) is disbanding and hoping to start something up again in September.  Good luck with that, you MAGA hat wearing fools.

• I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Xan said:

All it takes is looking at the yahoos who decided to drive trucks to DC.  They started in-fighting, accused each other of embezzling funds, and ended up looking like idiots.  Last I heard, the "people's convoy" (or the "1776 Movement" or whatever) is disbanding and hoping to start something up again in September.  Good luck with that, you MAGA hat wearing fools.

Wasn’t there a recent report of two of the groups fighting? I mean actually, literally physically fighting and the police had to intervene? I remember reading about it and truly laughing out loud. It was over some ridiculously stupid thing like one group called the group pedophiles (I am not kidding.) I am not going to look it up so please don’t share this info as any kind of gospel truth but does it sound familiar to anyone else or was this all some kind of hallucination induced by trying to catch up here and the Rod threads while watching all the Jan 6 developments, keeping up with the Jones(es), and still watching Ukraine (praying praying praying)?

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Of course Bannon spoke at CPAC. Surprisingly, it looks like he's made friends with a bar of soap in the not to distant past.

That bar of soap is a hero and a martyr.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2