IGNORED

Is This Girl Fundie?

PrincessOfSiam

I'm a long time reader here as I had a semi-fundie-lite upbringing. Anyway, in my area there haven't been any fundie sightings that I know of. But my husband is a welder at a Naval shipyard facility, and one of his co-workers has raised my radar. She is just 18, home schooled, uncut hair, no makeup...her dad is a big mucky-muck in the same facility. Probably what raised my ire of her in the first place. Took us 2 years and 6 quarters of college to get my husband in there, but she waltzes in cuz of daddy. So, hubby tells me that when she and daddy go through the facility he holds her hand. Even outside the gates!? Strange thing, she's also a welder...therefore pants, steel toes, leathers while at work. What is up with this?

That sounds more like a narcissistic father than just being fundie. The uncut hair and no make-up seems like an attempt to keep her in a state of childhood, and the nepotism is because he sees her only as an extension of himself. Either way, it's super creepy. What is the dad normally like?

I am sure the hand holding is to let all the guys know "hands off my little girl". Does she wear a skirt over her pants and steel toes? I know some EMT's who do that.

Archived