IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how all of that will play out with a second child. Having two sure looks like more than twice as much work to me. Wait... I forgot who we are talking about. I hope Hannie enjoys being an auntie-mommy. :pb_rollseyes:

10 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

New Bible tweet! 

How ironic. I can't see much kindness in the beliefs they hold...?

3 minutes ago, Thorns said:

How ironic. I can't see much kindness in the beliefs they hold...?

Too bad they still get to benefit off what they believe is "kindness." Thanks, TLC!

New Bible tweet! 

Yeah because Derick is so kind and loving to his fellow man. He spends his time judging those who hold different beliefs than him and condemning them. Kindness personified.

1 hour ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

New Bible tweet! 

I don't suppose that's reaction to his new President huh...

Maybe someone should tweet him Proverbs 11:12; Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue.

@Mela99

I doubt it.  That is from Proverbs 11 and today is the 11th.  (meaning he is doing the reading 1 chapter of Proverbs a day thing).  

I thank god every day that social media was such a big thing when I was still young enough to know everything.

That is not to say that Dullard isn't a complete asshat. Because he is.

I just wonder how they will all feel when they are older. Hopefully at least one of them will grow enough to be ashamed of all the hate they spew.

Maybe he's puking because he's super hungover.. I would totally watch him getting drunk off his ass so fingers crossed that's what this season is about!

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He knows he's not kind , right? 

But how many people who aren't kind realize it or acknowledge it? Even some of the cruelest folks delude themselves by saying, "I'm not so bad", "I'm basically a nice person. I just want things a certain way.", or "_______________ is worse than I am".

5 hours ago, Thorns said:

Maybe someone should tweet him Proverbs 11:12; Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue.

Biblical smack talk!

5 hours ago, Thorns said:

I would do this, but I wouldn't be able to counter whatever verses he would undoubtedly tweet in defense. I was raised Catholic, so knowing the bible isn't exactly my strong suit.

15 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I don't know if I'm right, but IMO this also shows some kind of subtle racism. It seams, adopting for them means either a black child (as shown with Jessa's and Ben's family friends) or a child from Latin America. And of course they know that they can't adopt when constantly pregnant. Such liars! I bet you they pray that they are not infertile because then they would have to stick to their word and adopt. 

That's precisely why I love our (former :( ) UGA football coach Mark Richt; he KNOWS he's a damn millionaire, so he went and adopted a severely disabled orphan! Now that's a Christian who walks his talk. 

3 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

I thank god every day that social media was such a big thing when I was still young enough to know everything.

I am so grateful for that too. Access to social media in middle school? Good God in heaven...

But Derrick is 27, nearly 28. He is nearing the end of his "stupid and arrogant but young" probationary period with me. 

@VeganCupcake, this is a bit OT but GO DAWGS!

The Dawgs' head coach in the 70s was Vince Dooley.  He was Catholic and was known to take up collection at the Catholic Center on Sundays after the Dawgs won.  

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I am so grateful for that too. Access to social media in middle school? Good God in heaven...

But Derrick is 27, nearly 28. He is nearing the end of his "stupid and arrogant but young" probationary period with me. 

That's true. I always think of them all as early 20 something's (or younger). By 27 I had a career, a husband, a house we bought, and a wealth of life experiences.

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

But see, the problem with these folks is that they're too stupid to realize how stupid they are. What should happen is first the realization of how little we know, then humility, then the ability to grow from that. They're all too sheltered to have the typical self-actualization opportunities that most of us have.

14 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

Every time TimeHop brings up posts of mine from 7 or 8 years ago I am fucking horrified.

1 hour ago, outtheblue said:

Every time TimeHop brings up posts of mine from 7 or 8 years ago I am fucking horrified.

I find that very helpful....for deleting all the old shit I said. lol

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived