IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters, Part 3

samurai_sarah

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It was stupid. I was supposedly a spring but always preferred the fall colors.

I was a winter, but the whole thing truly was ridiculous. 

The Dressing Your Truth course only costs $279. It is on sale today for $147! I'm sure the Boyers are making money off this somehow.

The Boyer Brats really do need to stop being so self-absorbed. No one is going to recoil in horror if Jessica wears a black sweater. No one is going to think that they can't see her because the black sweater is so overwhelming. The only reason people would focus on Jessica's black sweater is because she whines about how terrible it makes her look. :roll:

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the Color Me thing, too. I was a "summer"..I think. I was supposed to wear pastels. I despise pastels. Some colors, with my (formerly) blonde (now grey) hair, did make me look bad, like olive drab.. but pink was never a favorite of mine, and it prescribed pink, light      yellow, stuff like that. I wonder if I still have my little swatch book around the house...

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The Boyer Brats really do need to stop being so self-absorbed. No one is going to recoil in horror if Jessica wears a black sweater. No one is going to think that they can't see her because the black sweater is so overwhelming. The only reason people would focus on Jessica's black sweater is because she whines about how terrible it makes her look. :roll:

Fishing for compliments much? :thumbsdown:

Oooh, look.  You can do Color Me Beautiful on line now.  http://www.colormebeautiful.com/seasons/

I'm supposed to wear salmon pink. Yeuuck!.

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The Dressing Your Truth course only costs $279. It is on sale today for $147! I'm sure the Boyers are making money off this somehow.

Holy cow! And that is just the beginning because supplementary videos cost more.  It's expensive to follow the latest scams fads.

I just rolled my eyes at that post. And her writing, it's just too much.

This perfectly wonderful, black, 100% wool sweater is of a vintage cut that most vintage enthusiasts adore. It even has classic mother of pearl buttons running down from that cute little collar. Both it’s style and features afford this sweater a level of charm. I would wear it without hesitation were it not for the black. That is the problem, unfortunately. Why? Well, when black is worn on someone like me, all you end up seeing is the article of clothing, not me.

I don't think I've ever checked which season I am, so I had to try. It says I'm an Autumn (after two questions...) and it kinda fits. I love mustard but the lipsticks they suggested were so boring. I need bright, popping colours! 

I love the black sweater, the grey striped shirt, not so much. I wonder why Jessica wouldn't just use a scarf in the appropriate seasonal color.  I just can't imagine being so black and white, ha!, in my thinking.  Good gravy. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Holy cow! And that is just the beginning because supplementary videos cost more.  It's expensive to follow the latest scams fads.

Yes, one needs to dress in their truth, while taking Carol Tuttle's test to discover your energy profile all while sipping on Plexus and smelling essential oils. 

I don't generally make broad generalizations, but everyone can wear black. Literally everyone. Maybe slightly different shades look better or worse, but it's the one color that's universally flattering. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to sell you something. OH WAIT.

It's a scam. Tell people they don't look good so they'll pay money to look better. Instead of, you know, wearing what they like and what they think looks good.

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Yes, one needs to dress in their truth, while taking Carol Tuttle's test to discover your energy profile all while sipping on Plexus and smelling essential oils. 

I just choked on my tea :laughing-rofl:

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Fishing for compliments much? :thumbsdown:

this made me think of Raquel.  let's lock up Raquel and Jessica in a room together with their blogs for a day, and see what happens.  i wonder if either of them would see the self-absorbed melodrama in each other (each creates a different kind, but drama nonetheless...).

1 hour ago, wikinggirl said:

I just rolled my eyes at that post. And her writing, it's just too much.

"This perfectly wonderful, black, 100% wool sweater is of a vintage cut that most vintage enthusiasts adore. It even has classic mother of pearl buttons running down from that cute little collar. Both it’s style and features afford this sweater a level of charm. I would wear it without hesitation were it not for the black. That is the problem, unfortunately. Why? Well, when black is worn on someone like me, all you end up seeing is the article of clothing, not me."

I don't think I've ever checked which season I am, so I had to try. It says I'm an Autumn (after two questions...) and it kinda fits. I love mustard but the lipsticks they suggested were so boring. I need bright, popping colours! 

Grammatical error alert!  "It's" is not correct in the bolded phrase; she should use "its" here.  and further, she should say "both its style and its features..." even though i find the two words redundant.  

Personally, i like the sweater, but i'd ditch the white buttons for black or dark-colored fake jewels.  i find the light color distracting.  and i agree with the poster above who thinks she should unbutton it and put a contrasting top underneath.

i never did Color Me Beautiful, but i might check out the link and give it a try.

ETA:  ok, after two (TWO!) questions, both of which were about my hair, CMB declared me an Autumn.  then they tried to sell me stuff.  what a load of crap.

OMG! I'm taking the free energy profile test on the dressing your truth website! Everyone needs to go do this because it is hilarious. Type 1 energy words are connect, disconnect, outward. The shapes are circle, star or heart. The videos just go on and on like this. I couldn't sit through them all, but it at the end, you find out it costs $100 to figure out more. 

Do people really pay for stuff like this?! 

Facial Profiling is a learned skill that requires a lot of training! To be able to look at an image of another person and assess their Type is skill that is acquired over time and with a lot of practice. 

Good heavens alive. They're serious about this. LEARN HOW TO PROFILE FACES.  IT IS A GOOD THING. Whaaaaaat.

Doing some house work brought on a parody attack.

With apologies to W.S. Gilbert I bring you ...

Three Little Maids Home Schooled

Three little maids home schooled are we
Vain as home schooled girls can be
Fucussed on anything that isn't weighty
Three little maids home schooled

Everything is about fashion
All other things just make us glum
Life is a bore and we've just begun

Three little maids who, all conceited
Think their home school undefeated
Free from learning quite uncompleted

Three little maids home schooled

One little maid is a bride, Brigid*
Two little maids still all of a fidget
One little maid was really livid

From three little maids take one away
Two little maids remain at bay
Blogging and dressing up keeps them busy all day

*It's really hard to find words that rhyme with Bridget.

Is it me or does Carol Tuttle look like a kitsched-out Betsy DeVos?

/Probably watching too many clips from these fucking coronation confirmation hearings./

I did the seasons thing back in the 80's or early 90's, can't remember what year.  I do remember being told I was a Winter, but now I am a Spring. I'll have to compare both color swatches. 

My mother's co-worker still does the Color Me Beautiful thing, she was the woman who told me I was a Winter. Every once in a while she brings her big scarf swatches to work and tells everyone their season/colors.  I don't know if she tried to sell anything, she didn't to try to sell stuff to my mom. My mom was the assistant to the Big Boss. 

The black sweater is cute. She looks appropriate for school or work. The striped sweater would be ok with some slim black ankle pants. I want to burn those white tights and those fucking pink flats though. She looks like she belongs in the virginal spinster who dress like toddlers club with Sarah Maxwell.

I'm an AUTUMN which means it's time to drop 60 bucks on a swatch fan displaying all the lovely poop and pee colors that make me look mahvelous!!

I think the white tights/pink shoes are a lük, but I'm into the whole Angelina-Ballerina-as-fashion-icon thing so of course I do.

Apparently I'm a spring. Let me tell you, I'm the palest person i know and if I wore pastels I'd probably disappear all together. 

I kind of feel sorry for these girls. I admittedly don't know much about them, but I can't imagine a life so closed off and self centered that I'd feel the need to write an entire blog about educating people on why black doesn't look good on ME and how tragic it is. 

49 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Caroline of the uber-monetized Modest Mom blog is into Dressing Your Truth:

http://www.themodestmomblog.com/2016/11/dressing-your-truth-review/

Which must mean there is $$ to be made in shilling it.

Aren't you supposed to disclose affiliate links if you make money from blogs?  I'm not seeing that on the Boyer sisters' blog.

I scratched at the surface of DYT and, as with Color Me Beautiful, there's a degree to where I can see it works for some people.  Depending on hair and skin undertones (I think CMB used to look at complexion too) some colors and tones will suit you more than others.  Some people know how to pick colors naturally, some learn when their clothing is complimented, and some people just don't care.

Mind you, I getting the same feeling I had when I saw the After The Rapture Pet Care site.  http://aftertherapturepetcare.com/

Why didn't I think of that first?  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

It would be so easy to take a dash of Meyers Briggs, a sprinkling of horoscope, a teaspoon of woo-woo, a pinch of numerology, a tablespoon of $cientology, and a heaping cupful of pure horse shit and come up with something convincing.

Make someone take a personality test, analyse their appearance, list their hobbies and activities, get them to send you cash and then send them this:

Your primary personality is HSCYG (how stupid can you get), with secondary characteristics of TAFBEM (there's a fool born every minute).  Your element is Air -headedness and your crystal is granite.  Your lucky number is 6.  Your outgoing personality and focus on the beauties of the environment mean that you look your best in the colors of nature: eggplant, blackberry, mustard yellow, chestnut, peach, slate, and burnt umber.

To succeed in life you need to buy 6 items from each of the 6 categories listed below:  dresses, separates, shoes, lingerie, cosmetics, and essential oils.  

20% discount if you buy the whole lot at once.  

I wonder how long it would take for people to catch on!

Rant coming--I just had a not-so-good experience at work.

Admittedly, I haven't read the entire post, but @SuchABlessing's summary is nicely succinct.  Miss Jessica needs a reality check.  While she's complaining about not looking good in a black top and how no one will notice her face/head/hands while she's wearing it (why?  does the black pixellate the rest of her body?), I just had to get a picture done for our new company ID badges.  My HR lady had to take 3 shots of me before we had one that didn't make me look washed out or stoned.  I simply am not photogenic, so I don't bother having pictures taken.  But while we were swiping through my rejects, I saw the previous 2 subjects, both in my age bracket, and they looked very nice.  Then there's mine.  I'm a little sad that pictures of me look so shitty.

So dear Jessica should just shut up and be happy that she's pretty, photogenic, and looks good in 99% of the colors under the sun, including black.  She wouldn't have a blog or a hobby if her photos looked like mine.  Whiner.

End rant; thanks for listening.

Oh my. 

The Dressing Your Truth crap is 100% an affiliate link. No FTC disclosure from the Sisters about it though.

It's life coaching bundled with fashion. All bullcrap armchair psychology. I'm surprised the Sisters are peddling the new age energy healing stuff. They probably didn't do anything other than the fashion quiz... 

I will say that getting your colors done is still a big thing in the personal styling business. I took a personal styling class from the local community college as a gateway course into their fashion design and merchandising program, and we spent a few weeks on analyzing our own colors and then trying it out on our friends and family as a project. The teacher for the course was a Mormon mommy turned modest fashion blogger/local stylist and self-proclaimed color expert. We were the guinea pigs for the book she wanted to mass publish, but then turned into her handbook she sells to her styling clients for hundreds of dollars.

I'm a winter (or as my personal styling teacher would have called me, "cool and brilliant").

Ultimately, I think the girls, especially Jessica are bored, bu

11 minutes ago, catlady said:

Rant coming--I just had a not-so-good experience at work.

Admittedly, I haven't read the entire post, but @SuchABlessing's summary is nicely succinct.  Miss Jessica needs a reality check.  While she's complaining about not looking good in a black top and how no one will notice her face/head/hands while she's wearing it (why?  does the black pixellate the rest of her body?), I just had to get a picture done for our new company ID badges.  My HR lady had to take 3 shots of me before we had one that didn't make me look washed out or stoned.  I simply am not photogenic, so I don't bother having pictures taken.  But while we were swiping through my rejects, I saw the previous 2 subjects, both in my age bracket, and they looked very nice.  Then there's mine.  I'm a little sad that pictures of me look so shitty.

So dear Jessica should just shut up and be happy that she's pretty, photogenic, and looks good in 99% of the colors under the sun, including black.  She wouldn't have a blog or a hobby if her photos looked like mine.  Whiner.

End rant; thanks for listening.

I'm not photogenic either. It stinks. When we have family portraits taken, I have to wear a ton of make up. We are talking Dolly Parton levels bordering on Tammy Faye, or I am completely washed out. Yet, in photos it just looks like I'm wearing a little eyeliner and lip gloss. So weird. 

I hate selfies.  I will look great in the mirror, but if I take a selfie... God, it is demoralizing. I look baggy, haggy and fat. It is sad. 

The photos are a lie!!!!!!

Ultimately, I think the girls, especially Jessica are bored, bu
I'm not photogenic either. It stinks. When we have family portraits taken, I have to wear a ton of make up. We are talking Dolly Parton levels bordering on Tammy Faye, or I am completely washed out. Yet, in photos it just looks like I'm wearing a little eyeliner and lip gloss. So weird. 
I hate selfies.  I will look great in the mirror, but if I take a selfie... God, it is demoralizing. I look baggy, haggy and fat. It is sad. 

The photos are a lie!!!!!!

Are you me?!?!? I never figured out selfies, I always end up looking like a thumb.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived