IGNORED

Sarah, David, and Russell: Love, Marriage, and Pining on Facebook

choralcrusader8613

41 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

What's your interest in this guy in particular?

I believe we started paying attention to Mr. Crosby when we discovered that he and Russ live in the same apartment building and that Mr. Crosby is quite possibly even crazier than Russ. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you all see that Caterpillar headquarters is leaving Peoria? Didn't the charming Mr. Crosby work for them? Its a lucky thing for Russ, though, that he doesn't need to worry about the prospect of Peoria's economy taking a nosedive. He already is an expert at being unemployed, unemployable and homeless. There's always a silver lining. 

28 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

Did you all see that Caterpillar headquarters is leaving Peoria? Didn't the charming Mr. Crosby work for them? Its a lucky thing for Russ, though, that he doesn't need to worry about the prospect of Peoria's economy taking a nosedive. He already is an expert at being unemployed, unemployable and homeless. There's always a silver lining. 

Unfortunately I found out about it within ten minutes of the announcement. I was born and raised in Peoria, and both of my parents and both of my grandfathers are Caterpillar retirees. My parents are thanking their lucky stars that they decided to sell their house last year and are living in a rental until they move to AZ later this year. I have to ask my mom if she ever met Mr. Crosby, they would have worked in the same department. 

I found out about Mr. Crosby, aka "the penniless man" when I looked up the place Russ 'checked into' on Facebook, which is his new subsidized residence.  Mr. Crosby had made a comment about the place, and it was fairly unflattering, so I checked him out.  Another guy who keeps his Facebook public.  He's a former Caterpillar engineer who I believe is schizophrenic and due to difficulties with that, alcohol and meds, either taking them or not, he lost his job and was homeless for quite some time.

Seeing as this guy (who is a woman hating freak) has mentioned the prolific drug abuse and crime issues at this subsidized housing project, where Russ is now living and bringing his child, leaves one with concern about Russ's daughter. 

So that's the interest in the other fellow.  And yes, worrisome that there is such a meth problem in those apartments that they have to conduct door to door apartment searches of everyone living there.  People don't just buy meth and use meth, they like to circumvent the middle man and make it too.  Meth labs are pretty well known for blowing up.

A horrible place it seems, notwithstanding running into individuals like Mr. Crosby with your little girl at your side as he's spewing his hatred for prostitutes causing 21 problems for his penis as he stumbles past you in the hallway.

This may be unpopular, but I'm uncomfortable with the snark about David's neighbor. He's certainly not asked to be brought into this mess and has done nothing but reside in the same large apartment building as Russell. He's suffering from a mental illness, which probably accounts for his bizarre Facebook posts.  He's facing enough stigma as it is, we don't need to add to that by speculating that he might harm a child. People with schizophrenia are far more likely to hurt themselves than hurt someone else. 

I agree @ViolaSebastian. This has fuck all to do with extremism, fundamentalism, or really anything. Frankly it comes across as a couple of Peoria locals badmouthing their neighbors. And because I know this will be their response: Russell and this guy are pathetic and they display a gross amount of misogyny and general anti-social behavior and views. No I am not defending their words or their choice to post said views on publicly viewable social media. :pb_rollseyes:

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I agree @ViolaSebastian. This has fuck all to do with extremism, fundamentalism, or really anything. Frankly it comes across as a couple of Peoria locals badmouthing their neighbors. And because I know this will be their response: Russell and this guy are pathetic and they display a gross amount of misogyny and general anti-social behavior and views. No I am not defending their words or their choice to post said views on publicly viewable social media. :pb_rollseyes:

First of all, I am no longer a "local" nor am I a neighbor of Russ or Mr. Crosby. We follow Russ because of his crazy relationship with Sarah Jane Meister - she is a fundamentalist and the mother of his child. 

@ladyamylynn if you have such an issue with this thread why do you continue to visit? I personally don't agree with all of the threads or their subject matter here at FJ, so I don't read or follow them. Makes my life far easier and more enjoyable. Be well. 

@ViolaSebastian I agree that it would be inappropriate for anyone to assume that a specific person might harm a child, but I don't think anyone was accusing Mr. Crosby of that. The point the other posters were trying to make (at least from my viewpoint) is that Mr. Crosby's discussion of meth raids leads us to the conclusion that the building he and Russ reside in is far from desirable to have a child visit. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I make of it. 

20 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

[respectfully snipped to address the part addressing me]

@ViolaSebastian I agree that it would be inappropriate for anyone to assume that a specific person might harm a child, but I don't think anyone was accusing Mr. Crosby of that. The point the other posters were trying to make (at least from my viewpoint) is that Mr. Crosby's discussion of meth raids leads us to the conclusion that the building he and Russ reside in is far from desirable to have a child visit. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I make of it. 

If you go to the first page of this thread, there are insinuations that he is dangerous and would harm Lauren, with people going so far as to suggest contacting Lauren's mother with information about him. In this thread, he's referred to as a "schizophrenic mess," a "woman-hating freak," and "nuttier than a proverbial fruitcake." This sort of talk is highly insulting to people who suffer from severe and persistent mental illnesses. What has Crosby done, exactly, that it is necessary to drag him onto this thread? He doesn't appear to know Russ personally, he hasn't involved himself with any of the major players, all he's done is reside in the same apartment building. This sort of name-calling and insinuation is deeply stigmatizing. He's a man that clearly needs psychiatric help, not to be degraded and insulted on a snark site for no apparent reason. It's entirely possible to say "one of Russell's neighbors mentioned that there's an issue with meth labs in the building..." without dehumanizing him and calling him names.

28 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

First of all, I am no longer a "local" nor am I a neighbor of Russ or Mr. Crosby. We follow Russ because of his crazy relationship with Sarah Jane Meister - she is a fundamentalist and the mother of his child. 

@ladyamylynn if you have such an issue with this thread why do you continue to visit? I personally don't agree with all of the threads or their subject matter here at FJ, so I don't read or follow them. Makes my life far easier and more enjoyable. Be well. 

I can't fathom what you're getting out of taunting a mentally ill person based purely off the fact that he lives in the same building as a guy who fathered a baby with a fundie clothing blogger. If you're sincerely concerned about Lauren, contact the authorities. @HumbleJillyMuffin I don't have a personal problem with you, but I think "if you don't like it don't read it" is a weak fucking argument that people tend to hide behind when they're doing something shady. The fact of the matter is, you're posting on a message board that anyone is free to read, comment, and dissent on. I'm not likely to stop reading anytime soon and I'll comment on anything that catches my attention.  Be well too!  

If Mr. Crosby has been diagnosed with a mental illness I truly feel sorry for him and glad that he has been diagnosed and is (presumably) receiving help to assist him in coping with his illness. I still find the posts I have seen on his public FB to be absolutely disgusting and offensive.

I have found Mr. Crosby to be of relevance to this thread because he lives in the same building as Russell. Mr. Crosby's observations about his surroundings may be helpful to those of us who are following the Russell saga in providing an understanding of the setting Russell is in and the setting he brings his child into. 

IMO, Russell likes to present his view of things which is not necessarily an accurate view of things. He has a "great home" he said in a post a week ago, but it would seem that it's not such a great setting and that it is probably not unreasonable to think that if Kindall was living in a place like that he would be whining about it on FB, insulting her and complaining about his daughter being in a place like that. It's his fucking hypocrisy that drives me crazy. Seeing how other people view the same situation helps round out the story. I sure as hell will never take Russell's word for anything.

I think it's entirely possible to use his observations without going on about how he might hurt a child or calling him names. 

For the record, and to nip this in the bud before it comes up, I personally find Mr. Crosby's opinions about women to be deplorable. That said, I think his bizarre posts on Facebook may be the result of psychosis. There are plenty of entirely rationally misogynists to snark on, and I prefer to stick to them.

Though it may not seem so, it's not my intention to drag another individual here just to 'snark.'  Nor am I speculating that the fellow would physically harm a child.  But hey, I'd keep my kids away from him.  

Russ and Lauren may well never run into this guy.  And I hope they don't.  However, he is a weird conduit to the conditions in the place Russell brings his child to stay.  Russ doesn't mention these conditions, because he wants folks to believe he's got things in his life buttoned up real nice.

And frankly, no one wants to admit they're living in subsidized housing with a bunch of addicts and street people.  Sure,  It's better than living in a tent in the winter, but still, clearly Lauren will likely be exposed to some elements that she doesn't need exposure to at this age.  If this guy, this schizophrenic guy publicly recognizes that the building he lives in has dangers, then that says a lot.

And honestly, none of us have been invited into this mess, but here we all are anyway inserting our two cents.  None of this is any of our business.  But we comment upon it because the characters in this tawdry novel have seen fit to ensure a national audience.  They want the attention, and we give it to them.

We're all armchair psychologists.   It is a really interesting social study of life, petty drama, religious hypocrisy and social media.  So, yes, perhaps a poor choice to name the neighbor.  Yes, a better choice to simply refer to him as 'the neighbor.'

Never mind. Not worth it. I'm done. 

I'll just say this is the first time I've ever been ashamed to be a member of Free Jinger. 

I agree that he should probably be left out of this discussion... but if one is going to claim that we should be kind because he is mentally unstable (which I don't disagree with) then, why in the heck do people continue to follow Russ at all? Just because he has either not been diagnosed and/or has not shared his diagnosis with the world, doesn't make him any less mentally ill... 

I agree that he should probably be left out of this discussion... but if one is going to claim that we should be kind because he is mentally unstable (which I don't disagree with) then, why in the heck do people continue to follow Russ at all? Just because he has either not been diagnosed and/or has not shared his diagnosis with the world, doesn't make him any less mentally ill... 

I think mental illness does not necessarily mean someone is violent or otherwise dangerous, but it can denote an elevated risk. Especially schizophrenia, but do we know if Mr. Crosby has been diagnosed or if others in the building have been? Do we know if any of thr neighbor's are on the sex offender registry?

Russ's building is probably a less than ideal place to bring a kid, but hey that is the reality of lots of kids every day and it doesn't mean they will suffer some sort of trauma. I think as long as Lauren isn't left unattended she should be OK, but then that brings us back to Russ' parenting skills. Do we have any evidence of him letting in strangers or allowing her to roam the building?

I guess I'm just trying to say lets just step back for a second and take a breathe. I live across the street from a low income housing for people suffering from mental/physical illness - yeah weird shit happens like random blood curdling screams on a sunny Tuesday afternoon. It can be unsettling, but the residents have not exhibited violent tendencies toward neighbor's either. Maybe we should extend the same consideration towards Russ's neighbor's until proven otherwise.

Mr Crosby is the least of my worries when it comes to Lauren. It's Rusty and his parenting skills that I'm concerned about. I know if anything goes bad, I am sure Lauren WILL tell her mom and you bet her mom will promptly take Russ back to court to get the visitations modified.

+1 on finding talk about people who just happen to live in the same building as Russ super distasteful.  Especially when it's supported housing, so likely to have people in all kinds of issues in it.  Not cool, FJ, we're better than this.

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

+1 on finding talk about people who just happen to live in the same building as Russ super distasteful.  Especially when it's supported housing, so likely to have people in all kinds of issues in it.  Not cool, FJ, we're better than this.

Some of us have to be reminded that it isn't cool anymore. Let's try not to bring Mr Crosby in this mess, he didn't ask for it so let us from here on out, not to mention his name at all. 

20 hours ago, EweSheep said:

Some of us have to be reminded that it isn't cool anymore. Let's try not to bring Mr Crosby in this mess, he didn't ask for it so let us from here on out, not to mention his name at all. 

I don't totally disagree, but I don't totally agree either.

To be fair, no one discussed on FJ asked to be here, talked about, discussed, whatever. It's not like they apply. 

If asking for it were a requirement for those discussed here, there would be no FJ. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, EweSheep said:

Glad Russ hasn't posted anything for a good while! All must be good!

Or he realized what an asshat he is. But that would require some self awareness. 

I hope sweet Lauren and her mom are doing well. 

Wonder if he got himself in FB timeout somehow. It doesn't seem like he's added any new friends in a few weeks or had any public FB activity. His non interestingness has given me time to catch up with the Nauglerites and the JRod Plexus is Jesus saga, though. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived