IGNORED

Uriah

luckylibrarian

Uriah will get stuck on the IT On Ramp. Then a sports team will stop to assist. Only it will be a women's volleyball team, wearing defrauding uniforms. They will be sponsored by Pepsi. While waiting for the tow truck, owned by a flaming, heathen gay man, the volleyballers will turn on their portable televisions to PBS. "Antiques Roadshow" will be on, featuring the Elderly w/ stuff they found in their attics. One elderly woman will be wearing trousers that reveal that she has legs. The Maxwell men will all pass out from shock. Teri will pray that Steve remembers to regain consciousness. Sarah will sneak off on the volleyball bus.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They stop for fuel and the guy who's helping them is so dazzled by Sarah's meek and mild spirit that he fills up the tanks with regular gasoline and not diesel. Uriah chugs to a stop and dies on the road, where the family is rescued by a group of nuns in a van who are going out to dinner to celebrate a birthday with wine and pasta.

Guest Anonymous
Uriah will get stuck on the IT On Ramp. Then a sports team will stop to assist. Only it will be a women's volleyball team, wearing defrauding uniforms. They will be sponsored by Pepsi. While waiting for the tow truck, owned by a flaming, heathen gay man, the volleyballers will turn on their portable televisions to PBS. "Antiques Roadshow" will be on, featuring the Elderly w/ stuff they found in their attics. One elderly woman will be wearing trousers that reveal that she has legs. The Maxwell men will all pass out from shock. Teri will pray that Steve remembers to regain consciousness. Sarah will sneak off on the volleyball bus.

And the same Elderly will have a batch of old photos in a shoebox, that will prove to be long-lost Matthew Brady originals from the Civil War, worth at least 8 million dollars.

And the same Elderly will have a batch of old photos in a shoebox, that will prove to be long-lost Matthew Brady originals from the Civil War, worth at least 8 million dollars.

Which they will subsequently sell and use to go on "what some might call a vacation" that involves absolutely no cleaning whatsoever, the consumption of alcohol in a Mexican restaurant with a bar, and extra toppings on their burritos, all while they watch professional sports on television. Who knows, maybe they catch a game played by the women's volleyball team.

Guest Anonymous

Which they will subsequently sell and use to go on "what some might call a vacation" that involves absolutely no cleaning whatsoever, the consumption of alcohol in a Mexican restaurant with a bar, and extra toppings on their burritos, all while they watch professional sports on television. Who knows, maybe they catch a game played by the women's volleyball team.

Actually, I'm hoping that "The Elderly" will run off to Fiji with a 28 year old pool boy and spend the rest of her days sipping the kind of libations that come with little umbrellas in the glasses.

I hope that my hot lover, Uriah, will stay safe and fit on his trip, but yeah, I'm with everyone who said that it'll probably be his brakes this time. Or maybe something to do with his wheels.

I love that all Maxwell visitors are put to work. Poor Jon got stuck working on Uriah. I would hate to be one of their guests.

[When doing some routine bus maintenance, John discovered a fan has gone out–this is at least the third time. But, it was a huge blessing we were home and not on the road. So, we had to get it replaced.

/quoted

Ummm... That would be the fan - blessings and all

"The guys were troubleshooting the LEDs. Would you believe that we got a set that was defective? "

The defective LEDs along with the the third-time's-a-charm fan make me wonder if God is actually telling the Maxwells to stay the eff home, or take Greyhound to their destination.

I love that all Maxwell visitors are put to work. Poor Jon got stuck working on Uriah. I would hate to be one of their guests.

Like Michelle Duggar used to do to her neighbors. Someone (forgot who) just "loved" to do laundry. So, Michelle handed that task off to her (until the kids were old enough to do it).

Like Michelle Duggar used to do to her neighbors. Someone (forgot who) just "loved" to do laundry. So, Michelle handed that task off to her (until the kids were old enough to do it).

Is there anyone who loves laundry? I hate it so much that I have been known to buy new clothing just to avoid it. Which is bad, because it's so wasteful.

Is there anyone who loves laundry? I hate it so much that I have been known to buy new clothing just to avoid it. Which is bad, because it's so wasteful.

I do. The only part I hate is pairing up my husband's socks, because he wears 20+ pairs a week, and folding what seems like dozens of his t-shirts.

However, I hate just about every other household chore, except scrubbing toilets.

What about the transmission? Steve does the majority of the driving and I bet he's hard on the brakes and the drive train. Wonder if they've ever driven faster than 65mph on the road in Uriah?

I haven't been on FJ long enough to have read about their past trips and all of Uriah's issues. Just wondering - do the Maxwells attribute every unexpected problem to be Satan getting in their way and trying to stop them from shilling their products at their "conferences"? Another blog recently - was it the Staddon's? - was going on about Satan trying to do this and that and cause people to be late or take wrong turns or get lost or whatever. Do the Maxwells look at that way?

Guest Anonymous
I haven't been on FJ long enough to have read about their past trips and all of Uriah's issues. Just wondering - do the Maxwells attribute every unexpected problem to be Satan getting in their way and trying to stop them from shilling their products at their "conferences"? Another blog recently - was it the Staddon's? - was going on about Satan trying to do this and that and cause people to be late or take wrong turns or get lost or whatever. Do the Maxwells look at that way?

Yep, pretty much. If I was Satan, I would find some more interesting people to fuck with. Or I would cause Uriah to be busnapped and held for ransom. For every day that Sarah Maxwell remains unmarried, a piece of Uriah gets hacked off and mailed to Steve!

I actually like doing laundry and I really like to iron. Ironing always makes me remember my grandmother. I'm the only one I know who still irons almost everything.

Nell

I love hanging out my wash & I adore the smell of sun-dried laundry.

And may I say that the thought of Steve receiving hacked-off parts of Uriah, complete with ransom notes of pasted newsprint letters demanding Sarah's liberation, fricking made my day! :clap:

Archived