IGNORED

Bates Family Part 15 - Bumps, Births and Babies

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Perhaps an infant who is so afflicted can be given medication to ameliorate the discomfort, I don't know. I imagine it would be difficult to know your child is throwing up and experiencing distress when in the car. Of course, distressed is better than dead, but still, it's something to be aware of.

I caution against casting aspersion on the driver when seeing a front facing child without knowing all the facts.

This baby wasn't throwing up or in distress. I've been in the car with them when his mother claimed he was upset, he was fussy for ten seconds and then stopped. He wasn't crying, throwing up or anything else. He just wasn't giggling and happy like normal. 

I agree that having a car sick baby would be hard. But I don't think risking their lives is the solution to that problem. 

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

BULLSHIT! Anybody who believes this was truly a surprise pregnancy is seriously delusional Erin and Chad are quiverful fundies who believe any form of birth control is a sin even if it meant saving Erin's life. They disgust me because it's more important to birth as many babies for Jesus than to prevent pregnancies that end in fetal/maternal death. Their kid(s) need their mama, not a memory of her as a martyr for a misogynistic cause.

I don't know, I believe that they were surprised to be pregnant again so quickly, if only because I also believe that they lack anything remotely close to a working knowledge of sex education. I don't, however, think that they were doing anything special to prevent a pregnancy, and in my opinion even natural family planning is rather a lot to hope for from these two. Maybe after this baby they'll try a bit harder not to get pregnant, especially if it isn't an easy birth, but even that is probably a long shot. Sure, I hope that they'll be happy with two and stop there, but I would be very surprised if Chad and Erin only end up having two kids.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:02 PM, EyeQueue said:

We were also all about the safety issues. My daughter rode rear-facing longer than necessary, and she was also in a booster longer than most kids. We went by the NHTSB (??) suggestions, which were based on height, so she was in her booster until, seriously, almost 4th grade. She got embarrassed a lot, but that's what was recommended for the most safety (instead of just going by age/weight).

My son was rear facing until he was 3 and a half. I get ragged on now, because he is 8.5 and still in a high back booster... Granted, most of the people who give me crap about it don't care about car seats, so I don't really care what they think, lol. He';; be in a booster until he passes the 5 step test... He might be 8, but he's not yet 4'9", or 80lbs 

My youngest is almost 16 months and screams and cries until he throws up every time he is in the car. My older child was the same way until I turned him forward at two and then it got much better. I think people don't take into consideration how dangerous distracted driving can be if your child is screaming at the top of his lungs until he gags and throws up.  I'm lucky that I do not have to do much driving but I could understand someone turning their child early if they had to drive their child to and from daycare every day and dealing with constant vomiting. 

5 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

My son was rear facing until he was 3 and a half. I get ragged on now, because he is 8.5 and still in a high back booster... Granted, most of the people who give me crap about it don't care about car seats, so I don't really care what they think, lol. He';; be in a booster until he passes the 5 step test... He might be 8, but he's not yet 4'9", or 80lbs 

I wouldn't pass the five step test. I have very short legs that don't ever bend comfortably at the edge of seats. :pb_confused:

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My youngest is almost 16 months and screams and cries until he throws up every time he is in the car. My older child was the same way until I turned him forward at two and then it got much better. I think people don't take into consideration how dangerous distracted driving can be if your child is screaming at the top of his lungs until he gags and throws up.  I'm lucky that I do not have to do much driving but I could understand someone turning their child early if they had to drive their child to and from daycare every day and dealing with constant vomiting. 

My niece has been forward facing since she was 1 as the poor thing has inherited the carsickness gene that both my brother and I inherited from our mother and being able to 'look around' helps alleviate it. To this day, I'll vomit after more than 15 minutes in a car or bus f I can't look around. I don't know much about carseats but I remember my brother's wife saying something like 'people might criticise but it's what we need to do'. 

I don't know, I believe that they were surprised to be pregnant again so quickly, if only because I also believe that they lack anything remotely close to a working knowledge of sex education. I don't, however, think that they were doing anything special to prevent a pregnancy, and in my opinion even natural family planning is rather a lot to hope for from these two. Maybe after this baby they'll try a bit harder not to get pregnant, especially if it isn't an easy birth, but even that is probably a long shot. Sure, I hope that they'll be happy with two and stop there, but I would be very surprised if Chad and Erin only end up having two kids.

Mark my words, if Erin and baby Brooklyn come through this alive, they will keep breeding and pretend to be surprised. All they know is that Dr. Vick gave them the tools to help carry a baby to term. Neither Erin nor Chad will heed advice to not have anymore kids. They let God decide that.

Yes, if you never use birth control God will keep "surprising" you with one baby after another. :/

I'm wondering if Erin thought breastfeeding would give her a little more time in between pregnancies. We know she is very fertile and gets pregnant quite easily, but I wonder if she thought breastfeeding would help space them out a bit. Obviously she's one of those women that get their period back by 6 months so from now on, she may as well plan on being pregnant almost constantly for the next 15 years....

Probably Cherin expected that Jesus would see they needed a break from pregnancy after Carson and ~choose not to bless them for a while. Much to everyone's astonishment, Jesus is not a very potent spermicide.

2 hours ago, hollywood said:

That Lawson video is the funniest crap I have seen lately. Then again, he is hard headed :my_rolleyes:

I hope that as soon as they stopped filming Chad beat him with that broom.:my_shy:

11 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

My niece has been forward facing since she was 1 as the poor thing has inherited the carsickness gene that both my brother and I inherited from our mother and being able to 'look around' helps alleviate it. To this day, I'll vomit after more than 15 minutes in a car or bus f I can't look around. I don't know much about carseats but I remember my brother's wife saying something like 'people might criticise but it's what we need to do'. 

With my GD, my SIL would get so frazzled that he'd constantly be pulling the car over and taking her out to calm her down.

Sometimes common sense...

Seriously, what is that wall made of? You could literally break into that house by punching it.

Probably Cherin expected that Jesus would see they needed a break from pregnancy after Carson and ~choose not to bless them for a while. Much to everyone's astonishment, Jesus is not a very potent spermicide.

I soooo want to see that made into a bumper sticker or something. It should have a cheerful font.

Jesus: He's not a potent spermicide!

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Seriously, what is that wall made of? You could literally break into that house by punching it.

Haha, it's just regular sheet rock. Almost all normal modern houses have it. A man being thrust  into a wall is quite different than punching it, so I doubt you could break in that easily. Besides, the sheet rock is on the inside of the wall, not the outside. 

Someone help me, where is the video of Lawson?  I looked through the last few pages at least twice.  Maybe I just need more coffee.  

NVM, I just found it on the Ellie/Lily site.

some friends of mine were goofing off at my other friends house. one was giving the other a piggy back ride and he reared back and the kid's foot went through the wall.

also one time my BIL lost his balance and put his head through the wall.

and my OTHER BIL when he was really little got mad and punched a hole in the wall. 

So, it happens. I think if you don't have plaster, just sheetrock, it's easier. I could be wrong though. It's just that in every one of those instances the walls didn't have any texture on them.

1 hour ago, Kitcae said:

Haha, it's just regular sheet rock. Almost all normal modern houses have it. A man being thrust  into a wall is quite different than punching it, so I doubt you could break in that easily. Besides, the sheet rock is on the inside of the wall, not the outside. 

What surprised me is that it looks to be the interior front wall of the house (with the front porch on the other side) so I expected to see some insulation--the are in the mountain foothills, not Florida!

PS Lawson's twitter feed and Instagram are both public-you don't even need accounts see them.

5 hours ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

I soooo want to see that made into a bumper sticker or something. It should have a cheerful font.

Jesus: He's not a potent spermicide!

Erin should have it embroidered on a pillow.

That video did nothing but make me have the hots for Chad even more. I wish it was possible to down vote my own posts.

I don't know why he does it for me. Those arms, he's good with his hands, and does laundry.

Sorry, I'll go into the prayer closet.  

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

That video did nothing but make me have the hots for Chad even more. I wish it was possible to down vote my own posts.

I don't know why he does it for me. Those arms, he's good with his hands, and does laundry.

Sorry, I'll go into the prayer closet.  

I know. It's his arms and extreme handiness. 

Finally just read Chad's last blog update and happy to hear that this pregnancy seems to be going a bit easier on Erin. I really wish this religion focused on quality of time spent with the children you have rather than quantity of children. Here's hoping (foolishly I know) that Cherin take steps to limit their family size and enjoy what they have. 

Sorry if this post has already been discussed, I've been running around like crazy lately and may have missed some posts. 

image.png

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

What surprised me is that it looks to be the interior front wall of the house (with the front porch on the other side) so I expected to see some insulation--the are in the mountain foothills, not Florida!

PS Lawson's twitter feed and Instagram are both public-you don't even need accounts see them.

I was expecting to see insulation as well, so I wonder what that's all about? To me it looks like that wall is in a hallway, but I'm not sure how their house is laid out. Thanks, I've checked out Lawson's twitter and instagram before. :) 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived