IGNORED

Cutting family ties for Scientology

MarblesMom

http://ktla.com/2016/04/06/parents-use-billboard-in-echo-park-in-attempt-to-reach-out-to-children-in-scientology/

This is a little different than most of the "escape" stories/hopes we talk about.   The parents got out of Scientology, but the kids stayed in.  Kids have cut all ties to their parents.  Parents are desperate to re-unite.

A really haunting example of a religion cult ruining lives... and breaking families apart.

Sigh.

Just came across this on Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker.  The billboard is a brilliant idea and will be seen by many thousands, who will then start to understand what Scientology is all about. Getting some traction in the press as well. 

The article didn't mention, but this billboard was attempted twice before the finished product you're seeing.  The first was all set to go, a check was written and the company pulled out at the last minute.  Another billboard company was found.  Again, an agreement was reached, and the billboard was to go up one block from Miscavige's office on Hollywood Blvd. (big win), but again the agreement was rescinded without explanation.  The third attempt was a success.  Scientology pockets are deep and they have their fingers in everything.  They suck!!!     

Scientology needs to be stripped of its tax-exempt status and banned from existing.  It's a dangerous cult.  

5 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

Scientology needs to be stripped of its tax-exempt status and banned from existing.  It's a dangerous cult.  

They only got tax-exempt status because they successfully bullied the IRS and could have legitimately tied up Federal courts for decades. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/24/why-is-scientology-tax-exempt.html They are dangerous and effective.

I feel like any religion that encourages demands the shunning of members who have left, is dangerous.  I do not know much about Scientology, because it simply does not interest me.  Would something named "Christian Science Reading Room" be affiliated with that so called religion?  Asking because we have a place called that in my neck of the woods.

23 minutes ago, klynn said:

I feel like any religion that encourages demands the shunning of members who have left, is dangerous.  I do not know much about Scientology, because it simply does not interest me.  Would something named "Christian Science Reading Room" be affiliated with that so called religion?  Asking because we have a place called that in my neck of the woods.

No that's completely separate. That's Christian Scientists who believe that illness can be prayed away.....

Scientologists are the ones set up by the science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard who was quoted as saying "the way to make a million dollars is to start a religion"

Both different kinds of nutty.

Jenna Miscavige Hill's book, Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape was eye opening.  After watching Going Clear, my husband said he finally understood why I was shrieking at a book for an entire weekend.

fathermothergod: My Journey Out of Christian Science by Lucia Greenhouse, is a good one to explain Christian Scientists. I did a good deal of screaming at this book too but haven't found a movie yet to explain that bit of craziness to my husband yet.

I suppose if it came down to an apocalyptic end times decision YOU MUST CHOOSE ONE OF THESE decisions, the Christian Scientists would win by a head, but I would sorely miss  Advil, cough syrup, contact lenses, at the very least a splint for a broken leg (if not a cast), and possibly a few other, oh I don't know, life saving medications and procedures.

Going Clear (the doc) was truly harrowing. I haven't read the book yet, but want to check it out soon, as well as the Jenna Miscavige Hill book.

I'm also interested in Ron Miscavige's upcoming Ruthless: Scientology, My son David Miscavige, and Me. I hope he really drops some truth bombs about ole Slappy McSlapperson.

On 4/7/2016 at 9:58 AM, Crocoduck said:

They only got tax-exempt status because they successfully bullied the IRS and could have legitimately tied up Federal courts for decades. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/24/why-is-scientology-tax-exempt.html They are dangerous and effective.

The levels they've sunk to with infiltrating the government and more is terrifying.

Other good books that mention the shunning and cutting ties for Scientology are My Billion Year Contract by Nancy Many and Blown for Good by Marc Headley

I'd be disowned if I became a Christian Scientist. My great-grandmother died of something treatable and my grandfather became a rabid atheist as a result. I'd suck at Scientology too, but I'm broke enough to piddle around at the bottom and go unnoticed. 

Has anyone else been listening to Oh No Ross and Carrie on Scientology? I would tear my ears off in boredom if I had to sit through one of those sessions. Definitely would prefer the quick death of the Christian Scientists.

10 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

I'd be disowned if I became a Christian Scientist. My great-grandmother died of something treatable and my grandfather became a rabid atheist as a result. I'd suck at Scientology too, but I'm broke enough to piddle around at the bottom and go unnoticed. 

Even if you were at the bottom you'd be regged for any and all money you have. Read Mike Rinders blog, and see what a monster David Miscavige really is, and how they lie to the members who can't think for themselves, they've been so fleeced. It's really sad. 

http://www.mikerindersblog.org

Even if you were at the bottom you'd be regged for any and all money you have. Read Mike Rinders blog, and see what a monster David Miscavige really is, and how they lie to the members who can't think for themselves, they've been so fleeced. It's really sad. 

http://www.mikerindersblog.org

Mike Rinder is great. I'm also a fan of Marty Rathburn and the bestestest blogger on Scientology chit, the one and only Tony Ortega:

Www.tonyortega.com

Leah Remini's book Troublemaker was excellent. Her husband and her family left Scientology when she did rather than cut ties with her.

Download the sample book and the first page is a list of many things that she has done that she is not proud of--a great way to start the book. She does this to get a jump on Scientology and all that they will trot out about Leah to discredit her. 

13 hours ago, seattlechic said:

Yay! Scientologists are amongst my favorite freak shows!!!! Newbie here, hi everyone.

Tom Cruise laughing in that black shirt or whatever in Going Clear is so weird. I loved him as an actor but now I think he's such an idiot. 

Welcome seattle!  

Has anyone else been listening to Oh No Ross and Carrie on Scientology? I would tear my ears off in boredom if I had to sit through one of those sessions. Definitely would prefer the quick death of the Christian Scientists.

I have! I would have loved to have been at the NYE party. Hip Hip - HOORAY!

But the Dianetics course sounded awful! What a waste of a weekend.

I don't think I could have made it through the first course he did. I can't read anything written by Scientology escapees, it has to be by a normal person, in English, about the escapee.

Leah Remini's book Troublemaker was excellent. Her husband and her family left Scientology when she did rather than cut ties with her.

Download the sample book and the first page is a list of many things that she has done that she is not proud of--a great way to start the book. She does this to get a jump on Scientology and all that they will trot out about Leah to discredit her. 

I loved that book. I bought it the moment it came out after finding out about it here, and it's really good. And I agree- listing her "sins" was a really strategic move. Plus it also shed a bright light on the shit behind Scientology. Had me shaking my head the whole time.

9 hours ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

Tom Cruise laughing in that black shirt or whatever in Going Clear is so weird. I loved him as an actor but now I think he's such an idiot. 

Welcome seattle!  

Yeah, that was some seriously disturbing shit.

Also, I loved the spoof that Jerry O'Connell did on it, but all of those videos seemed to have disappeared from YouTube. :huh:

ETA: Actually, here it is. I remember looking for it a few months back and it seemed to be completely gone from YouTube at that time.

Spoiler

Welcome seattle!  

OMG it was like a Pinky and the Brain cartoon:

Miscavige: what are we going to do today, Tommy Boy?

Cruise: CONQUER THE WORLD, MWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Archived