IGNORED

Armed Protesters take over Oregon Federal Wildlife Refuge Part 2

Boogalou

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I wish that the mother would have been allowed to remain with her infant in the ambulance and at the hospital.  No matter what, separating a 10-month-old breastfeeding infant from his mom is a terrible idea.  If they are worried about the mom, they could just keep the baby in the hospital and the mom could be with him there under supervision while they educate her about how to meet her baby's needs. 

Yes, I don't see why they couldn't allow that, even though it sound at best like they didn't understood how serious it is not to keep weight check appointments when a baby has had trouble gaining weight. He was in the hospital for several days the first time. That would have been a great time to focus on educating mom on what she needed to do. That baby definitely did NOT deserve any of this. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Evil Feminist said:

even though it sound at best like they didn't understood how serious it is not to keep weight check appointments when a baby has had trouble gaining weight.

Yes, that's why it would be great for the mom to be on the scene continuing to get a LOT of information on how to address her baby's weight issues and seeing the hospital as a source of support for her and her baby's health.  

As it is, I'm afraid they'll get the baby returned and head for the hills because Ammon Bundy & the grandfather = Medical Kidnap!  Baby Vaxx!  Random Crap on Facebook!

• Upvote 4

They've got the baby back. He still has a feeding tube. CPS can visit anytime and will be going with them to all their appointments. I hope for the baby's sake it all goes well. I've noticed they've been a lot quieter along with Ammon Bundy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

Thank you for this update.  I didn't realize he had a feeding tube.  I sincerely hope all goes well with the baby's health and he continues to improve and thrive. 

Ammon Bundy is such an ass for inserting himself in this situation.  I've read some of the comments on the EastIdahoNews.com articles.  He's regarded as a rampant attention seeker by many.  Good Mormons don't act out and multiple commenters noted that Ammon must be an unending headache for his Bishop! 

My sense is that his support is limited to his flash mob followers, extreme militia types and other wing nuts. He's currently dealing with his self-generated legal issues, like his most recent arrest for refusing to wear a mask to get into the courthouse where his current trial is being held. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

I checked on the East Idaho News website for follow up on the baby issue and instead of searching for "Ammon Bundy" I searched under the name of the grandfather, Diego Rodriguez and came up with this article, that was originally posted in the Idaho Statesman:  UPDATE: 10-month-old Meridian baby returned to its parents after widespread protests

As noted by @Evil Feminist upthread, the child has been returned to the parents with oversight: a CPS rep will accompany the parents to doctor visits and CPS can make unannounced visits. 

The mother of the infant is Diego Rodriguez' daughter.  

Ammon and his asshole leg humpers doxxed police and health care workers:  

In the past few days, protesters have posted names, photographs and addresses of people allegedly involved in the custody case online. They have gathered at private homes, Health and Welfare’s building, the Ada County Courthouse and St. Luke’s Boise Medical Center, where the baby was treated for a time.

I did find an interesting, informed and thoughtful comment under the article linked above with some information on just how far out there these people are. This commenter notes that Diego Rodriguez is a Christian Nationalist and Dominionist.  The baby's father thinks hospitals kill people for money, which is pretty stupid, because once a patient is dead, they are no long receiving billable medical care.  Go figure. 

Interesting that Ammon (a Mormon) is connecting with a Christian fundamentalist.   Read on: 

Spoiler

James Potter posted on this board an admonition for EIN readers to “do a little more homework” on the baby Cyrus Anderson case. A link to a website called Freedom Man was provided. The following may be helpful :

Levi Anderson: Father of baby Cyrus. Executive Director of Freedom Man (PAC)
Marissa Anderson: Mother of baby Cyrus, wife of Levi and daughter of Diego Rodriquez
Diego Rodriquez: Pastor of the Boise Freedom Tabernacle Church, Communications and Marketing Director of Freedom Man, friend and campaign consultant to Ammon Bundy

Freedom Man organization: Believes that civil government is “defined and ordained by God, and any action taken by government outside of Biblical limitations should be considered illegal, immoral, and unethical…those responsible for such violations should be held accountable.”   Freedom Man claims that “Cops lie. Judges lie. Hospitals kill people for money.”

Boise Freedom Tabernacle Church: Promotes Christian Dominion, a form of Christian Nationalism

Freedom Man doxxed the social worker, nurse practitioner, and two police officers by posting their names, photographs, and home addresses. Demonstrators went to those private addresses and protested.

Marissa Anderson recorded her interaction with law enforcement when the car was stopped at a gas station in Ada County. Melissa’s father, Diego Rodriquez, and an attorney who was retained by the Andersons, arrived approximately 10-15 minutes into the traffic stop and remained on scene.

The police records regarding the Cyrus Anderson case are not yet available.
The court records regarding the Cyrus Anderson case are not yet available, and may not be.
Medical Records regarding Cyrus Anderson are protected by HIPPA and are only released by written consent of the parents, or by the execution of a court order.

The legal requirements for taking custody of a child because of “imminent danger” are codified in Idaho Law. The family has due process rights throughout this process. The due process afforded parents in an “imminent danger” hearing and a “shelter care hearing” are available online.

Contrary to the claim that the child was “kidnapped” and the family was treated poorly, the 30 minute video provided by Melissa Anderson shows that she and her child were treated with respect by law enforcement and by the paramedics. That said, Bundy and his people including members of the Boise Freedom Tabernacle Church believe that all governments are subject to God/Bible. The Bundy/Rodriquez/Anderson coalition considers themselves to be the primary interpreter and defenders of God’s laws against the government.

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 8

• 1 month later...

More news about Ammon Bundy:

https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/ammon-bundy-sued-for-knowingly-dishonest-and-baseless-smear-campaign-accusing-idaho-hospital-of-trafficking-and-killing-children/

"The anti-government militant known for his 41-day armed standoff at a wildlife refuge more than half a decade ago has been sued for a “knowingly dishonest and baseless smear campaign” accusing an Idaho hospital of trafficking and killing children."

• Thank You 6

40 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

More news about Ammon Bundy:

https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/ammon-bundy-sued-for-knowingly-dishonest-and-baseless-smear-campaign-accusing-idaho-hospital-of-trafficking-and-killing-children/

"The anti-government militant known for his 41-day armed standoff at a wildlife refuge more than half a decade ago has been sued for a “knowingly dishonest and baseless smear campaign” accusing an Idaho hospital of trafficking and killing children."

Please let them win.  Please let them win.  Please let them win.  I really need to see somebody somewhere held accountable for spouting out lies and getting away with it and having it happen to this guy would be pretty good.  I can think of a few better candidates but he's definitely in the top 25.  

• I Agree 6

• 11 months later...

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/judge-orders-arrest-of-ammon-bundy-for-ignoring-lawsuit-over-false-claims-hospital-employees-were-kidnapping-and-murdering-children/

The judge overseeing an Idaho hospital’s lawsuit against right-wing agitator Ammon Bundy has called for his arrest after his repeated failures to participate in the case.

Ada County Judge Lynn Norton issued a civil arrest warrant for Bundy on Tuesday, the Idaho Capital Sun reported. Setting Bundy’s bail at $10,000, the judge reportedly determined that there is probable cause that Bundy has committed contempt.

• Upvote 8

He'll be out on bail in 10 minutes, but this is a very good move.  Ammon Bundy is pretty much Sovereign Citizen at this point, also profoundly arrogant. 

I doubt he'll be hard to find if there's a warrant for his arrest.  He doesn't try to hide. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Ammon Bundy is setting up a siege/standoff situation.  There's a twitter thread with the hastag #BBQStandoff.  

Idaho Statesman April 28, 2023 op-ed: The last thing Idaho needs is for the Ammon Bundy standoff to turn into Ruby Ridge

<snip> Bundy’s People’s Rights Network, consisting of tens of thousands of followers, this week sent out an alert that Bundy’s property in Emmett was being surrounded by law enforcement. It wasn’t.

This came after Bundy had a confrontation with Gem County sheriff’s deputies who were on his property legally to serve him with court papers.

Bundy is being sued by St. Luke’s for defamation because Bundy leveled preposterous accusations against the health system in connection with a state welfare intervention on behalf of a malnourished baby who is the grandson of Bundy’s friend and co-provocateur Diego Rodriguez.

This op-ed ends with talking about Ruby Ridge's Randy Weaver, who was acquitted at trial.  Weaver now believes the justice system works and deeply regrets his actions that ultimately led to the death of his wife and son. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

12 hours ago, Howl said:

Ammon Bundy is setting up a siege/standoff situation. 

Worked last time for him, why not? How dare anyone try and hold him accountable for his words and actions! /s

• Upvote 4

Has he considered just putting on his big boy pants and taking responsibility for his actions?

Martyrdom is really overrated.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/politics-government/2023-06-09/idaho-ammon-bundy-law-enforcement

A coalition of Law Enforcement, military, agricultural and business leaders, called Idaho Leaders United, has released a statement condemning anti-government activist Ammon Bundy as he refuses to cooperate with authorities in a civil lawsuit brought against him by St Luke's Health System.

Six retired law enforcement Ieaders wrote in a letter that Bundy and his supporters “recklessly break the law and then cry “persecution” when they are forced to face the consequences of their illegal actions.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure Ammon Bundy is a Sovereign Citizen these days. 

What’s new in Bundy-St. Luke’s case? Jury selection, judge. What’s not? Bundy’s a no-show

"Mon, July 10, 2023:   For the past year, Ammon Bundy did not appear at any of his hearings in the defamation case against him from a local health system.

True to form, he did not appear for the first day of a jury trial Monday to decide damages in his case."

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.ijpr.org/law-and-justice/2023-07-25/ammon-bundy-associate-ordered-to-pay-52-5m-for-idaho-hospital-harassment-jury-rules?fbclid=IwAR2EohCNSFfBuWEQBK4O3S0YPXkBn-DpA69HXRdMWvmo8Fd3-cpAB9Zc23Y

More than a year after anti-government activist Ammon Bundy and his supporters swarmed a Boise hospital, prompting a shutdown that diverted ambulances to other hospitals, a jury ordered Bundy, his associate Diego Rodriguez and a network of groups to pay $52.5 million in damages to Idaho’s largest hospital system and to the medical professionals they harassed.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

On 7/27/2023 at 5:38 PM, Ozlsn said:

Good. Now start seizing property as payment. Start with the firearms.

From CNN: "The $26 million judgment against Bundy was split between compensatory and punitive damages, and includes not only Bundy personally, but also his failed gubernatorial campaign and his political organization, People’s Rights Network."

Ammon claims he's just plain broke. Again, CNN:   "Bundy wrote in an open letter to the hospital and state officials before the jury’s decision that he could not pay any judgment because the legal battle had forced to 'liquidate all my assets except a few.' I'm sure he has something squirreled away, but ya never know.  

Before Bundy went around the bend and decided to occupy the Malheur Wildlife Refuge, he was a successful businessman just living his Mormon life in Boise.  Yes, he was wing-nut conservative like his dad but not totally bat-shit crazy. 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Howl said:

Bundy wrote in an open letter to the hospital and state officials before the jury’s decision that he could not pay any judgment because the legal battle had forced to 'liquidate all my assets except a few

Start with the few. Then start digging. And if he can't pay, jail him.

I probably sound harsh but I am really over cookers holding the rest of us hostage, whether it's by blocking roads, or disrupting hospitals, or trying to steal elections.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • I Agree 7

• 2 weeks later...

Jail his arse. At this point I'm up for freezing all bank accounts associated with him and charging people with aiding and abetting if they are found to have assisted him with this. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

The case he lost was a civil, not criminal, trial.  Are the repercussions the same for witness intimidation in a civil trial?  

Every possibility his assets have been sheltered in some way and may have been since his Malheur trial. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Are the repercussions the same for witness intimidation in a civil trial?  

If they're not they should be. It's a legal matter, intimidating people into not giving evidence or perjuring themselves should be dealt with the same way whether it's the state prosecuting or mediating. If someone's suing for underpaid wages then going around and threatening current and former coworkers is definitely going to affect the case.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Every possibility his assets have been sheltered in some way and may have been since his Malheur trial. 

Probably, but that's what forensic accountants are for...

• Upvote 5