IGNORED

Armed Protesters take over Oregon Federal Wildlife Refuge Part 2

Boogalou

Ammon's set up some kind of patriot group (can't remember what they call themselves) and is endlessly indulging in bull shit agitprop. 

I noticed that his brother, Ryan, is keeping an extremely low profile. I suspect he does not ever want to go back to jail and he's not an attention whore like Ammon. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

12 minutes ago, Howl said:

Ammon's set up some kind of patriot group (can't remember what they call themselves) and is endlessly indulging in bull shit agitprop. 

I noticed that his brother, Ryan, is keeping an extremely low profile. I suspect he does not ever want to go back to jail and he's not an attention whore like Ammon. 

Ryan did run for Governor in Nevada as a third party candidate in 2018 and got 1.9% of the vote.  Otherwise yeah I'm not seeing much recent for him so I imagine he's trying to not get noticed anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

CNN has a 7-minute video piece of Ammon and his new group on their site today.

Quite scary to me because he's a more effective leader than many on the right.

His "movement" seems to be getting considerably broader in scope than it was during the cattle protests and even the Malheur incident, and I fear all the unhinged Jan. 6 wackos will glom onto him and his movement as they fade away from Q and even from Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/03/20/ammon-bundy-group-movement-santoro-pkg-ctn-vpx.cnn

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh. Our boy Ammon has been busy. He didn't like the conditions in the Ada County jail. From last month: Bundy tells judge jail circumstances are 'miserable,' asks for release.

The leader of an Idaho anti-government group arrested for failing to show up for court told a judge Tuesday that circumstances in the jail were "miserable" and that being in custody was keeping him from getting a fair shot at defending himself.

Despite the fact that he didn't like it there, he seems determined to go back. 

Bundy bailed out of jail, returned to the Capitol building, and was immediately arrested again.

A local anti-government demonstrator has been arrested twice in a matter of hours after turning up at the Idaho Capitol Building, from which he trespassed last summer. 

Ammon Bundy, 42, was taken into custody for a misdemeanor trespassing by Idaho State Police and booked into the Ada County Jail at 12:44 p.m.  

A video taken by Emily Walton shows Bundy complaining to troopers outside the Statehouse as he is placed into a patrol car. 

After posting a $300 bond at the jail, Bundy returned to the Statehouse, was taken back into custody on another trespassing charge, and was back in the jail by 1:49 p.m.

The video is less than a minute long, and worth a view. :pb_lol: I probably have more to say, but it will have to wait until later.

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
missing word
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

You know Ammon, if you don't like going to jail there are ways to avoid it. Just don't do the stupid stuff you've been doing!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The video is less than a minute long, and worth a view. :pb_lol:

This is the video I meant, from a bystander's Twitter.

I just like her laugh at the end!

• Upvote 6

So Ammon, who's a big guy, is using a passive approach the dead fish protest. I'm sure the state troopers are not impressed. 

Ammon's having a Ghislaine Maxwell moment -- complaining about how awful jail is.   Ghislaine's jail noted that her cell smelled bad because she didn't flush and her cell was a pigsty. 

I like Emily Walton.  I'll follow her on twitter! 

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure at what point we should shift to a separate thread since this isn't really about the Malheur occupation, but for now I thought it best to put it where those following this thread will see it:

Ammon Bundy is running for Governor of Idaho.

GOP is not happy.  I'm with them on that.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/06/ammon-bundy-announces-run-for-idaho-governor/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

20 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Ammon Bundy is running for Governor of Idaho.

But, but, but, his buddy Lt. Governor McGeachin is running for governor! (Read about the little anti-mask stunt she pulled when the governor left her in charge for a short time. :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:)

How is a super right-wing nutjob supposed to decide which super right-wing nutjob candidate to vote for?! (Please Rufus, he'll siphon off a few of her supporters who prefer a nutjob with a penis, so that she can't possibly win the primary. :moose2: )

I want to move to an alternate reality version of my state, where Republicans and Democrats mostly try to work together. Like it was in the 70s and 80s, when we had a majority Republican legislature and a Democratic governor. :sigh:

• Upvote 8

• 1 month later...

A new article about Ammon Bundy.

I'm most of the way through it and am finding it well-written, informative (I've already learned about at least one book I'd like to read) and more than a bit scary (I personally find Ammon to be, roughly, "Trump but rational and with principles").

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/07/armed-standoffs-with-the-government-uber-militias-and-ammon-bundys-run-to-be-idahos-next-governor/

• Thank You 7

• 4 months later...

Ammon thinks his campaign for governor should be counted as community service! 

Ammon Bundy Tells Court His Bid For Governor Should Count As Community Service  The anti-government extremist was sentenced to 40 hours of community service on a trespassing charge after tying himself to a chair at the Idaho Legislature.

He just lost his appeal of that trespassing conviction. 

and this...

Ammon Bundy Blames Jews For The Holocaust At Idaho Anti-Lockdown Rally

Anti-government extremist Ammon Bundy, speaking on the steps of the state Capitol building in Boise, Idaho, on Saturday, compared government measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus to the Nazis’ genocide of Jews during World War II.

I think the title is a oddly misleading; Bundy is posing as a victim by comparing vaccine and mask mandates to  Nazi tyranny, a now standard alt-reich position.  

I'm also noticing that MSM is in some instances starting to (correctly) refer to  people like Bundy as "extremists."

Bundy is campaigning hard for the governorship of Idaho.  Scary that he could be competitive in the primaries. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

• 3 months later...

Ammon Bundy has been arrested again, this time for trespass and refusing to leave a hospital where a 10-month-old child was being evaluated and treated.  

Previously the infant had been admitted to the hospital on March 1st suffering from "severe malnourishment" and treated for four days before being released back into the care of the parents. 

And here's how it all went down with the parents, according to an article on EastIdahoNews.comAmmon Bundy arrested in trespassing case at St. Luke’s, accuses police of child ‘kidnap’

<snip>

During a follow-up appointment the following week, “it was determined the child had again lost a significant amount of weight and when the parents canceled the next follow-up appointment and could not be located, the Meridian Police were contacted and advised this child’s condition could lead to severe injury or even death if not treated,” the release said.

Ima gonna guess the parents are trying to treat the baby's condition with woo and its not working. 

Health and Welfare eventually contacted the child’s father, who said he would bring the child in for an appointment, but did not, the release added.

Police officers also attempted to check on the child at a Meridian residence, but “the occupants were uncooperative and refused to let officers check on the child’s welfare,” the release said. After receiving a warrant to enter the home, police discovered the child and the child’s parents had left.

On Friday, Garden City Police officers located a vehicle driven by the father and conducted a traffic stop, with assistance from the Boise Police Department and Meridian Police, Johnston said...Meridian Police took the child into custody...

The infant is the grandchild of a Bundy friend and Ammon claims it's a medical kidnap situation, so of course Ammon had to insert himself into the situation in a hospital in the middle of the night. 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 9

The EastIdahoNews article has an update on the traffic stop and subsequent removal of the infant.  

First, 

According to a Saturday blog post linked to by Bundy’s campaign, the child involved in the welfare incident is the grandson of Diego Rodriguez, a Boise pastor, People’s Rights activist and figure in Bundy’s bid for governor. Rodriguez is listed as the author of the post.

The updated information on the mother's arrest and police taking the infant into custody is in the 2nd half of this article:

Ammon Bundy arrested in trespassing case at St. Luke’s after police take 10-month-old

In these types of instances, Ammon sends out a social media blast to the local Peoples Rights "activists" and they show up where ever (scene of an ongoing arrest, or a hospital, for example) to  record with cell phones and be general nuisances. 

The mom blew off an appointment with the infant's pediatrician because "she didn't feel well" and then subsequently the family went to a friend's house for dinner.  Police caught up with them when they stopped at a gas station on the way home. 

My sense is the doctor's office called on police to do a welfare check on the baby because of the missed appointment.   There must be a serious medical issue going on (serious enough to concern the pediatrician) and for whatever reason, the parents aren't...I don't know what exactly. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

Sounds like the infant has a medical condition and isn't able to eat anything but breast milk. At 10 months old, that's very concerning and he's at risk for malnourishment. If he gained weight in the hospital and lost it after leaving, like Ammon claims, there's definitely reason to follow up. If he's not like the parents claim, why couldn't they take him for the weight check anyway? The baby's maternal grandmother is curing her son from type 1 diabetes with a plant based high carb diet. She's also a chiropractor. So I'm sensing all the woo and bullshit in the name of parental rights. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, Evil Feminist said:

So I'm sensing all the woo and bullshit in the name of parental rights. 

Yup, the minute they start throwing around "medical kidnap" you know there's woo afoot. 

1 hour ago, Evil Feminist said:

The baby's maternal grandmother is curing her son from type 1 diabetes with a plant based high carb diet. She's also a chiropractor.

Did you find a facebook page?

• Upvote 5

38 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yup, the minute they start throwing around "medical kidnap" you know there's woo afoot. 

Did you find a facebook page?

No, my apologies. This is NOT the baby's grandmother. I misread the post linked in a Facebook group. This woman shared a statement by Diego Rodriguez, the baby's grandfather. I didn't read it carefully and it looked like the baby was her grandson. She's still trying to cure her son of type one diabetes. https://www.facebook.com/rosie.gallegosmain/posts/10225092296430046

• Upvote 5

On 3/12/2022 at 4:43 PM, Howl said:

Ammon Bundy has been arrested again, this time for trespass and refusing to leave a hospital where a 10-month-old child was being evaluated and treated.  

Previously the infant had been admitted to the hospital on March 1st suffering from "severe malnourishment" and treated for four days before being released back into the care of the parents. 

And here's how it all went down with the parents, according to an article on EastIdahoNews.comAmmon Bundy arrested in trespassing case at St. Luke’s, accuses police of child ‘kidnap’

<snip>

Ima gonna guess the parents are trying to treat the baby's condition with woo and its not working. 

The infant is the grandchild of a Bundy friend and Ammon claims it's a medical kidnap situation, so of course Ammon had to insert himself into the situation in a hospital in the middle of the night. 

Jesus Fucking Christ - do the Feds not understand that not holding guys like Cloven Hoof Bundy's kid accountable just lead to more shit like this? 

• Upvote 3

https://www.newsnationnow.com/health/health-headlines/idaho-hospital-locks-down-amid-far-right-call-for-protest/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=socialflow

A major Boise hospital went on lockdown Tuesday after far-right activist Ammon Bundy urged supporters to go the facility in protest of a child protection case involving one of his family friends. 

St. Luke’s Health System put the Boise Medical Center on lockdown and began diverting incoming patients at about 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 8

15 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

St. Luke’s Health System put the Boise Medical Center on lockdown and began diverting incoming patients at about 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

The lockdown likely means ambulances cannot bring in patients.  This is a Children's Hospital. 

This is the second time that Bundy's followers have created a problem at a hospital, and I'm not sure why LE can't control a situation that poses a danger to the public.  Yes, people can protest, 1st amendment yada yada.  Police not forcefully addressing a crisis that endangers the well being of citizens? WTAF, Boise police.  Also, allowing the Bundy followers to place a hospital on lockdown sets an absolutely horrible precedent and only emboldens them. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Fortunately the lockdown lasted less than an hour.   Protesters have been outside the hospital since Saturday and around 100 were there today (Tuesday).  Ammon would have been there had he not been at his own trial for some other idiocy. 

EastIdahoNews.com update: 

A Tuesday afternoon hearing is scheduled regarding the ongoing custody dispute of the child and to determine whether the child is being neglected, according to Miranda Chavoya, the child’s aunt. Meridian Police alleged the child was dangerously malnourished and in immediate danger.

No final update on the results of the hearing, but the Idaho Lt. Governor (who is running for governor) has gotten involved because of course she has:   Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin wants Gov. Little to intervene in child welfare case

Edited by Howl
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

I can't find any information on the results of yesterday's shelter care hearing to determine what happens to the baby.  Presumably the results are confidential. 

• Upvote 3

No results yet. The hearing was postponed until today. Supposedly one of the doctors on the care team called the father yesterday. This doctor said there was no medical reason the baby couldn't go home now. He also said there was weight loss due to the baby burning more calories breastfeeding than he was taking in, but was gaining weight now after getting breastmilk from a bottle. The family is suggesting that IV pricks and bruising on the baby's hands were from vaccine jabs and that he was lethargic and unresponsive when the parents were allowed to visit Sunday evening. Sounds to me like more right wing shit and I'm not buying it. I hate that this baby was traumatized by having to be removed from his parents, but their story doesn't add up. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

The judge ordered that the baby be turned over to the State. The family needs to have a legal review with their attorneys and have not shared any further details. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Evil Feminist said:

Sounds to me like more right wing shit and I'm not buying it. I hate that this baby was traumatized by having to be removed from his parents, but their story doesn't add up. 

I wish that the mother would have been allowed to remain with her infant in the ambulance and at the hospital.  No matter what, separating a 10-month-old breastfeeding infant from his mom is a terrible idea.  If they are worried about the mom, they could just keep the baby in the hospital and the mom could be with him there under supervision while they educate her about how to meet her baby's needs. 

• Upvote 3