IGNORED

Mortons are back from Paraguay...

picklepizzas

That's always amazed me - they homeschool their kids yet they try to alter the way public schools do business. What the fuck business is it of theirs?

And yes, Frank is and always has been batshit. He dragged his family of young children around the country for years to protest abortion - graphic signs, videos, taunts and all.

They don't really care about much other than trying to impose their beliefs on the world. They are not even remotely content to live their lives as they see fit; the rest of the world must conform to their choices.

Same ol fundie story.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They don't really care about much other than trying to impose their beliefs on the world. They are not even remotely content to live their lives as they see fit; the rest of the world must conform to their choices.

This, to me, is the very definition of a fundamentalist, whether it's any flavor of religious fundie, bicycling fundie, vegan fundie, animal adoption fundie, or you-name-it. None of these ideologies are bad in themselves but the fundamentalist belief that everyone else must believe and do as they do is toxic.

I just watched Frank Campana's video at the school board.

He hit the podium running, preaching his god from second one. 

The comments are things like 'great preaching'. 

Um, he was at a PUBLIC SCHOOL BOARD meeting, about THE PUBLIC SCHOOL that his kids do not attend. At that PUBLIC SCHOOL BAORD meeting, he felt it appropriate to 'preach' from the podium. 

Every time I see something new, I'm amazed that I can still be amazed.

The stupidity honestly hurts.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, JMO said:

Considering that we know that men/boys are not told about sex until 2-3 days prior to marriage via a friendly sit down with Pa Morton, I wonder how/when the girls are told.  Probably the same time by Ma, right?  I may need to hunt this down on the blog.  Sadly there is no search function.  

How do we know that guys (or girls) are not told about sex until right before marriage? Don't most kids ask where babies come from? What do these people tell them? How do they grow up on a farm and not figure out that people must be similar to the animals in the barn? Little boys and young men have the same body parts that horses and cows have. I would think that during the many purity talks they must have the subject comes up, no pun intended.

Papa Morton told how he introduces his soon to be married children to the ways of marriage. He takes them out a few days before the wedding to fill them in. 

No doubt any questions asked prior to that little meeting are squashed or circled around with godspeak. 

If you've ever listened to a Morton talk, their lack of education, common sense and brain use is quite evident. None of them are very bright, especially the girls, and their web trail shows that. 

Speaking of papa Morton, he has a "the gays are going to destroy us all" post on his FB page.

I also notice he, and both Campana parents, are friends with all the usual suspects- each other, Smiths, Sanders, Botkins, Douggie & Beall...but also, the Pearls.

They are just as dangerous as ever no matter how they-any of them-try to fluff up their imahes.

Adding to what @fundiefan says, he uses a metaphor with his children that a friend of his uses to rebut their children's questions.  " If we are going on a train, do I give you the ticket before we get to the station or right before we get on the train?" I.e. they don't need to have the knowledge until they need to use it.  Look up his post right before Michael and Kressant''s wedding, "The way of a man and his maid." Watch their wedding while your at it. Makes me ill how sheltered she was raised. 

I'm so thankful I wasn't born a Campana, or a Morton, or a Smith, or a Sanders, or or or...  I know their pretty pictures of happy laughing family fun have appealed to some people here, but that only makes them seem more sinister to me, somehow.  Because it makes it easier to ignore what you're not seeing in those pictures.  The train ticket analogy from Michael Morton Sr. is so disturbing to me.  I am someone who loves to learn things for the sake of learning - knowledge I'll probably never use much of the time, but I love it.  I'll spend hours sometime browsing Wikipedia and just reading random articles about all kinds of things.  I love documentaries and non-fiction books about history, medicine, you name it.  I can't get enough, and I've always been that way.  I shudder to think about how awful it must be to live in one of those families as someone with any level of intellectual curiosity or streak of rebellion/questioning authority.  The idea that no one needs any knowledge about anything until you're going to use it, and even then only knowledge about some things is acceptable but not others and not beyond a certain depth (for instance, I'm sure he tells his soon-to-be-married kids about how the penis goes in the vagina, but I'm 100% sure there's no mention of birth control or the clitoris or any number of other sexual facts that might make life easier or better for them) is extremely depressing to me and I can only imagine the beatings and punishments someone like me would get as a child growing up in one of those households.

I think the hubbub over the recent weddings and how 'normal' they appeared allowed people to forget the level of crazy these people bring. They are, at heart, as hate filled as the pisser; they just don't express it the same way. Their religion is batshit insane and so are all the parent's involved. Capt'n Brett, Papa Morton, Tim Sanders, Frank Campana...everyone their little circle allows into their little circle.

They're a relatively small group in the grand scheme of things; every fundie seems to know every other one in some capacity - so in a way, it's good, because they are so limited in their marriage choices, they cut their options by at least half each generation; since so many Smiths and Mortons are cousins, there won't be marriage between what, 1/3 of the group members in the next generation. Hopefully, they'll all just die out so our grandchildren will never actually even know people like that existed.

Hopefully, they'll all just die out so our grandchildren will never actually even know people like that existed.

If their cults don't go extinct, perhaps a majority of their kids will leave them or at least marry out.

Few more toxic cults than the Church of Daddy Said So, which is where they all worship.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

They're a relatively small group in the grand scheme of things; every fundie seems to know every other one in some capacity - so in a way, it's good, because they are so limited in their marriage choices, they cut their options by at least half each generation; since so many Smiths and Mortons are cousins, there won't be marriage between what, 1/3 of the group members in the next generation. Hopefully, they'll all just die out so our grandchildren will never actually even know people like that existed.

Jesus, we hope so. But I can kind of see them indulging in a little light cousin fucking, tbh.

42 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Jesus, we hope so. But I can kind of see them indulging in a little light cousin fucking, tbh.

I hope to hell NOT. The Smortons are cousins on both sides. The generation of kids being born now are genetically linked to each other by both their mother and their father. A hook up between any of them could be catastrophic.

Most families reach a point where it's no longer a risk or illegal - my mom's nephew and her cousin's daughter dated; it was legal and genetically 'safe' for anything further as they were far enough removed.  But, with the Smorton offspring, they will not reach that point for a much longer time and only if they don't continue to intermarry with other families. Talk about playing god with the genetic wheel of fortune.

Just now, fundiefan said:

I hope to hell NOT. The Smortons are cousins on both sides. The generation of kids being born now are genetically linked to each other by both their mother and their father. A hook up between any of them could be catastrophic.

Most families reach a point where it's no longer a risk or illegal - my mom's nephew and her cousin's daughter dated; it was legal and genetically 'safe' for anything further as they were far enough removed.  But, with the Smorton offspring, they will not reach that point for a much longer time and only if they don't continue to intermarry with other families. Talk about playing god with the genetic wheel of fortune.

I'm sure they won't- I've probably been reading too many books about the Hapsburgs lately, haha. 

The Hapsburg's were the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. That jawline! Those droopy eyes. That insanity!

I know fundies like to think of themselves as equal to royalty, but for the most part, even actual European Royalty has stopped with the inter marriage thing. Of course, most of them are already related to one degree or another anyway, but still...they're bringing in new blood, and that's wise.

31 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Genetically, double-first cousins (both sets of parents are siblings to the other) are as closely related as full siblings. Meaning "Critter" Smith and Isabella Morton share as much genetic material as Cleveland and Addie. It would be disastrous for the double-cousins to marry.

However, I'm of the camp that thinks that there will be some non-double cousin marriages someday. They are all clannish, and have resisted getting to know new people as much as possible. The area of Paraguay the core of the family has relocated to is heavily populated by Mennonites, a religious group that practices cousin marriage. I could absolutely see a scenario where Fletcher and Zandry were encouraged to court (provided they met someday, and were allowed to stay in touch). First-cousin marriages aren't all that bad provided the second generation (the children born of the union) marries outside the family. However, if they are willing to consider one in-family match, it's unlikely that they would tap the brakes when the time came.

It would be a fitting end to the Mighty Morton family tree to go out as a shrub. 

Can you imagine the names Alexandria Alexander & Harold Fletcher Morton would come up with? Any offspring would be screwed for life, as if their family weren't enough to do that.

I vote for Mortimer Alexander Morton.

Fully solidify those family ties.

Not sure if it's already been discussed in the baby thread somewhere, but cpt bret posted some pics on june 10 and katie is looking quite pregnant. i know we had suspected she was ever since adeline changed her profile pic, but it was always a question (at least to me!) of whether or not that was a recent pic. what is that, 9 for her in 10 years? X_X

ETA: Also, apparently Bethany Lane (Smith) is due with her 4th in January. 

If anyone else is looking for more Morton-adjacent crazy, I recommend the Johnstons.  Charity Johnston made that wedding video for Alyssa and Sam that was posted here shortly after the wedding,  This is her mother, who calls herself Activist Mommy and posts a lot of bullshit on Facebook, like so:  

As an extra bonus, these nuts live near me.  I'm about 50 miles from Columbus, where The Activist Mommy (barf) went to get all judgey at the Pride parade in the above video.  So, that's fun.  

11 minutes ago, dramallama said:

If anyone else is looking for more Morton-adjacent crazy, I recommend the Johnstons.  Charity Johnston made that wedding video for Alyssa and Sam that was posted here shortly after the wedding,  This is her mother, who calls herself Activist Mommy and posts a lot of bullshit on Facebook, like so:  

As an extra bonus, these nuts live near me.  I'm about 50 miles from Columbus, where The Activist Mommy (barf) went to get all judgey at the Pride parade in the above video.  So, that's fun.  

Oh what a lovely person.

is activist mommy from the johnston family? http://www.johnstonfamilyministry.com/blog/ten-most-common-gun-control-soundbites-refuted

they were recently discussed here i think. i remember reading through this thread but at the time didn't realize they had a connection to the smortons! 

small-world.gif

ETA: Yes, they are the same family. they mention activist mommy in their latest blog post. 

the summary of dr. johnston's latest book. .................WHAT. 

Dr. Raymond Verity came back to life today. 

Awakening from an optical-cerebral transplant into a perfect, tanned, muscular body, Ray is amazed at how society changed in the 27 years he was cryo-preserved. Having pioneered cloning technology based on fetal tissue experiments, he has no qualms destroying imperfect samples. Until he meets his only granddaughter, Mary Nell, and falls in love with her despite her Down Syndrome. 

When he discovers that Mary Nell is scheduled to be "replaced" by her genetically-perfect duplicate, Dr. Verity embarks on a desperate mission to atone for his past sins. 

Thanks to his politically incorrect intervention, Mary Nell and the clone that would have replaced her have become "bestest friends." Can he save both Mary Nell and her clone? 

Body by Blood is a futuristic medical thriller which takes you on a heart-pounding journey that will call into question your core beliefs about life.

Oh, I missed the previous discussion about them!  And thanks for the blog link, I hadn't come across that yet.  The Johnstons/Mortons/Campanas/Robertses/Sanderses/Smiths all seem to interact a lot on Insta and FB, and the Campanas in particular have visited them and protested abortion clinics with them.

What in the actual fuck, their blog specifically says they do not support abortion even in the case of ectopic pregnancy.  And their manly leader is a DOCTOR?  That is terrifying.

Oh man, these people are extra wacky. They oppose property taxes because they want to starve schools and teachers who "make six figures for 9 months of work" :pb_rollseyes:. They think Answers in Genesis is too liberal. They think weather is punishment from God. And apparently all serial killers are homosexuals. Okay then.

Archived