IGNORED

Mike Huckabee: Evangelicals Scared to Death of Me

Elegant Mess

Link to article from The Hill:  http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265157-huckabee-evangelicals-are-scared-to-death-of-me

Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.) said Wednesday that evangelical leaders are “scared to death” he would ultimately achieve their goals and render them useless.

“If we slay the dragon, what dragon do they continue to fight?” the 2016 GOP presidential candidate asked.

So, he's the principled one, and all the others are just about the money and the votes, huh?!

29 minutes ago, gustava said:

:huh:  Good way to win votes, Fuckabee!

Huckabee seems to have a persistent strain of Foot-in-Mouth Disease, doesn't he?

Dear Huckabee,

We are ALL afraid of what would happen if you became president. It would be a nightmare for the entire country, evangelicals included.

-A concerned citizen

Well, thanks for the laugh, Dingbat. Good to know that your main base is apparently scared of you. Is this an attempt to make your base bigger by seeming tough? Nah, it's probably that you're an idiot. WTG Huckabee.

Huckabee strains to explain why even evangelicals hate him.  "I'm just too awesome, too effective, too handsome, and they're just jealous.  My mom told me so we know it's true."

28 minutes ago, karen77 said:

He's just trying to explain his crappy polls.

Cuing Right Said Fred!

I'm too sexy Christian for this gig .... So sexy Christian it hurts (my poll numbers)   :tw_glasses:  

Hey Huckabee, this evangelical Christian isn't scared by you. I am disgusted by you. You are a piss poor excuse of a human being. Fuck you!

Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.) said Wednesday that evangelical leaders are “scared to death” he would ultimately achieve their goals and render them useless.

“If we slay the dragon, what dragon do they continue to fight?” the 2016 GOP presidential candidate asked.

He sounds a bit narcissistic to me... All the things that are wrong in this world, if people would just vote for Hucks, he'd single handedly slay the dragon and solve all the problems, and then no one else would have anything left to do any more and they'd be unemployed. 

If it makes him feel better my feelings for him are far less complicated - I just hate the tedious stupid hypocrite.

which wasn't very nice,  but I'll be nicer if he'll be smarter.

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If it makes him feel better my feelings for him are far less complicated - I just hate the tedious stupid hypocrite.

which wasn't very nice,  but I'll be nicer if he'll be smarter.

I keep hoping he'll announce that he and Kirk Cameron are deeply in love, and have decided to move to some remote island where they'll have no further contact with the outside world. :pray:

19 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I keep hoping he'll announce that he and Kirk Cameron are deeply in love, and have decided to move to some remote island where they'll have no further contact with the outside world. :pray:

Maybe Huckabee would pack up his good buddy Ted Nugent and they could be a happy little trio.

If hate speech is uttered where no one can hear it was it really uttered at all?

It was a silly thing to say, but at the same time I actually think he has an accurate point that extends beyond just himself. A lot of the more extreme forms of religious conservatism are predicated on advocating for things that would drastically negatively affect the person's lifestyle if they actually happened. (For example, if everyone tried to live like the Duggars, then living like the Duggars would become impossible because there would be no one to earn the money for them to grift, no one with the skills to provide medical care for their preemies or risky deliveries, no one to watch their show, etc.) It's safe to establish their right wing cred demanding extreme things because they know that the public would never actually go for it so they don't have to worry about the consequences.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

It was a silly thing to say, but at the same time I actually think he has an accurate point that extends beyond just himself. A lot of the more extreme forms of religious conservatism are predicated on advocating for things that would drastically negatively affect the person's lifestyle if they actually happened.

I'd agree with this aspect of it.  It's like their approach to Roe v. Wade - it makes a great way to get their target group all worked up about overturning it, while passing legislation that makes it harder to access it - they know it can't really be overturned, but it's a good song to play.

He's so awesome he raised a kid who tried to strangle a dog when he was a teenager.  He called it putting the dog out of its misery, only by hanging instead of taking it to a vet.

I think he says the shit he says because he realizes there's no hope of him being president.

I don't think he, or several of the others, ever thought they had a chance... but running for president was quite the little money maker for Huckabee.  

Mike Huckabee: At least $7 million

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and his wife are worth more than 10 times as they were the last time he ran for president, in 2008, when he had just left the Arkansas governor’s mansion. Since then, he has hosted a syndicated radio show and a weekly Fox News program, in addition to publishing five books since 2008.

Mr. Huckabee reported between $4.3 and $6.4 million in income in 2014 and the first half of 2015. Of that, nearly $1 million came from fees for 44 speeches between January 2014 and March 2015. The average speaking fee was $22,175. He reported $2.9 million in income from Blue Diamond Horizons, the publisher of his books. He disclosed between $200,000 and $2 million in income from two rental properties.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/08/04/gop-rich-list-how-republican-presidential-candidates-rank-in-terms-of-wealth/

More on Blue Diamond here.  It is my understanding that all travel for his speaking (and possibly his campaign) has to be booked through  Blue Diamond Travel, which he owns/operates...(on the list on the LInk)  http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Miramar-Beach/blue-diamond-horizons-inc/66640862.aspx

19 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

He's so awesome he raised a kid who tried to strangle a dog when he was a teenager.  He called it putting the dog out of its misery, only by hanging instead of taking it to a vet.

Just to be clear, that hideous shit he calls a son DID kill that dog.  Fine family values, instilled by Fuckabee: http://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/huckabeedog.asp

3 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Just to be clear, that hideous shit he calls a son DID kill that dog.  Fine family values, instilled by Fuckabee: http://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/huckabeedog.asp

One of the articles I read said the dog was brought to near death and a vet put it out of its misery.  But who knows who exactly killed it, since no one is admitting anything other than participation.

Archived