IGNORED

Xgay Greg and Dede Have Started Over In WA!

Peas n carrots

Over the holidays I had some downtime, so I re-read some of the Xgay Greg (aka StillGay Greg) and Dede threads for lulz.  It got me wondering what happened to my favorite fundie freakshow?  Both of their social media accounts have been silent for a long time.

A simple google search came up with this:

http://www.chinookobserver.com/co/life/20151208/local-pastor-directs-original-christmas-musical

ILWACO — On Sunday, Dec. 13, beginning at 6 p.m. at Pacific Bible Church on the hill above Black Lake, “Come to Bethlehem and see!”, a Christmas musical written by Pastor Colin Wellard will be presented. It features an ensemble made up from many churches, along with soloists Rita Smith, Gregory Haislip, Angela Grote and a trio from Lighthouse of Glory Church in Chinook. There is no admission charge for the musical, however a free-will offering will be taken

Knowing Greg loved to sing (I LOVED when he would sing on the Overcomers Ministry radio show - LOLOLOL) I checked on the church's facebook page.  Looks like somehow Greg and Dede have made their way across the country from Florida to Washington!

Xgay is front row, second from right.  What appears to be Dede is the second row, last one on the left in a black turtle neck.

So they are still together, and performing!!!  

I can only hope they are taking a "season of rest" before a mega comeback!

Christmas Concert 2015.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome awesome find! I just went down that rabbit hole over Christmas break. Actually still haven't quite finished all their threads yet. 

They probably had to move and basically start life over due to their precious miracle pregnancy not going to plan... It looked like their whole church was onto them.

He doesn't appear to have embroidery on his sweater.  I'm disappointed.

4 minutes ago, Curious said:

I wish I could like this comment 1000 times.

15 minutes ago, Curious said:

My guess is that he's dialing it down it bit so he can make a new start on the other side of the country. At least, that's what I would say if I had any kind of belief that rationality was a part of the XGays' thought process. A more likely explanation is that there was a dress code for the musicians, meaning all the embroidered blazers had to stay at home for the performance. I honestly do wonder what the XGays plan to do in Washington, since their brand of religious flamboyance would be better tolerated in the South than the Pacific Northwest. Pensacola, FL would have been a good fit, since it's very conservative, but has great beaches, so the XGays could have had a "beach ministry" to all the sinful people, gay or straight, hanging out in immodest attire by the seashore.

Well Greg looks like he has been in a good paddock for the last couple of years. He's looking quite portly and well fed.

37 minutes ago, Peas n carrots said:

Looks like somehow Greg and Dede have made their way across the country from Florida to Washington!

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Not here. Please, not here. 

Great find, @Peas n carrots! I recently read some old threads on these two. Wow! Theirs is a special brand of insanity. Oh, I hope we can find a blog!

Explored the "what we believe" page of this church. They are very fundamental (of course) and works-based. I see nothing about a relationship with God. Just rules. And they mention the sin of homosexuality twice.

Oh, and someone desperately needs a spell checker. I lost count of the typos.

http://pacificbible.weebly.com/about-what-we-believe.html

56 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Pensacola, FL would have been a good fit, since it's very conservative, but has great beaches, so the XGays could have had a "beach ministry" to all the sinful people, gay or straight, hanging out in immodest attire by the seashore.

Well, Ilwaco is definitely on the beach, but immodest attire may be harder to spot given the climate.  If you are looking for a non-liberal, non-hipster place to be in western Washington, you could do worse.

OH. MY. GOD. 

This is an actual miracle! But instead of taking eleventy months, it happened while I'm reading through the VERY GAY GREG threads!!! 11!

I'm fucking speechless. 

:bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:@Peas n carrots

Oh, that is only about 15 minutes from where I live!  How did I miss that?  Please let me know if you hear anything indicating they're still in the area--I've lurked for a while and would love to pay you all back for your awesomeness.

No clue why they would be out here--aside from pockets of people like  those who attend  that church, this area is pretty liberal and most people don't go to church regularly, if at all. 

42 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

HALLELUJAH

Praise King Jesus! :bow-blue:He set me FREE! :dance:

14 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Praise King Jesus! :bow-blue:He set me FREE! :dance:

You must embroider that saying on every piece of clothing you own. And don't forget your car!! You need to obstruct your view on every angle of your car with the same saying. 

Every time these two pop back up I get a craving for McNuggets. :my_cry: 

3 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Any indication of whether or not Dede is still in her miraculous delicate condition?

XGay Greg announced in 2013 that "our child is in heaven". That post has since been deleted from his Facebook, but the link below references his post.

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/17889-xgay-greg-dede-pt-7-still-pregnant-after-all-these-years/?do=findComment&comment=649696

They could always have another "miracle" pregnancy though. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Re-reading the newspaper article, it only noted the choir ensemble was made up of members of various churches.  

The "About Us" section doesn't indicate Church of God, but it is a church that does believe in the gift of speaking in tongues.  Hopefully Greg got to roll around in the aisles as well.

So I guess there is no clear indication they have moved there - I can't find any Intelius type reports that shows them residing up there, but I'm not sure why else they would be up there unless they have a host family. Back during the great 2013 custody violation their Xgaymobile was constantly breaking down and Greg had noted the tires were bald, and they had to grift $100 gas money off Dede's Xhusband. I can't imagine they suddenly became JOB TYPES.

I wonder if our FJ mole can still see Dede's facebook page?  Or if Greg still has a sooper sekrit facebook page that is on total lockdown?

6 hours ago, VanillaBean said:

Oh, that is only about 15 minutes from where I live!  How did I miss that?  Please let me know if you hear anything indicating they're still in the area--I've lurked for a while and would love to pay you all back for your awesomeness.

No clue why they would be out here--aside from pockets of people like  those who attend  that church, this area is pretty liberal and most people don't go to church regularly, if 

VanillaBean, this was only 3 weeks ago, and knowing them they are likely spending a great deal of time at the nearest McDonald's - that would be a great place to spot them. I think it's highly likely the Xgaymobile has long since been junked, but keep your eyes peeled for any "I used to be gay, but JESUS set me free" signs on vehicles.

I have no idea if they are still in the area, but I'm guessing they are living off a host family, so they probably stayed through the holidays.  If you spot them you will officially win the internets!

8 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

OH. MY. GOD. 

This is an actual miracle! But instead of taking eleventy months, it happened while I'm reading through the VERY GAY GREG threads!!! 11!

I'm fucking speechless. 

:bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:@Peas n carrots

Reading their thread summons them, like the ancient evil that they are.

Welcome back, Deeds! I love you so bad.

I did not sleep easy last night, knowing these two might be in my home state.  Ilwaco is a very small town between Cape Disappointment and Dismal Nitch (reference Lewis & Clark).  I see there are several Haislips in the area, so I wonder if they might have relatives there?   They are one of the more interesting couples on FJ, and that's saying a lot!

:my_confused:

7 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Any indication of whether or not Dede is still in her miraculous delicate condition?

I think Greg said they lost the "baby" before they disappeared from sight.   I'm shocked they managed to grift their way all the way cross country.  That's a heck of a long trek.   Maybe Dede's ex paid for them to move to get them away from basically stealing the child again.

Ho boy! I really enjoy these totally over the top nutter Fundies! I'll consider this one a late Christmas gift.

Dede does not update her Facebook page at all.  In March someone contacted Dede's comedic partner in crime, Lisa Bellomini, and asked when they were going to do comedy together again and she said they were on hiatus becaise Greg and Dede were on the opposite side of the country.  Lisa lives in Florida though she just announced she is moving to Cali.  I don't know if they were living in WA at the time but they weren't in Florida.

interesting note...I sometimes check up on one of their leghumpers on FB because their own story is pretty rediculous...extended family of 7 adults tried to beg $ for an RV on go fund me because God told them to move across the country.  Didn't get a single dime so they bought one and on their way from California to Maine in June or July they stopped in that exact area where Greg and Dede now reside and said that God told them to stay there.  So they did.  In October they were begging for food and or money because hours at their various jobs had been cut.  And the next day they said that someone gave them food and that they just has 2 more people move in with them.  Maybe someone wants to friend them and ask about G and D?  Look up "John Fina Paul"

That is all the info I have.  I am SO hoping for a big comeback!

Archived