IGNORED

FamTeam Update

JenniferJuniper

9 hours ago, nausicaa said:

True, but the man boys don't have the pregnancy fears that a woman would have. At least a few have to be heterosexuals with a standard sex drive and see attractive women out in public and feel something quite a bit different from fear. 

If it were two or three sons, I could see fear working. But this many? No way. Think of the lengths some people go to to get laid. 

I just don't understand how Cathy and Rick are doing this. 

The best way to understand what I'm trying to say is to think of the Ardnts not as a family in the usual sense, but as a cult where all the members happened to be related. When family and cult meld together, the members end up doing all kinds of things that would be considered strange or even taboo in a normal family. A really extreme example is that of Marcus Wesson, a man who created a bizarre Christian vampire cult within his own large brood of children. He committed incest with his nieces, step and biological daughters, whom he considered "sister wives," and they gave birth to at least ten children between them. When several of his nieces tried to leave and take their children with them, Wesson forced a mass murder-suicide that resulted in the deaths of nine people, including seven children under the age of ten who were the product of incest:

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/wesson-marcus.htm

Incest is one of the oldest and universal taboos in human history, yet this man was able to not only normalize the practice in his family-cult, but make it seem like it was practically a sacrament. Due to the incestuous nature of many fundamentalist Mormon groups, I think they could also be considered family-cults as well. One such Mormon family-cult, the LeBarons, killed so many people, both within and outside of the family, using that the make the Manson family look like a Sunday school group:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervil_LeBaron 

In the case of the LeBarons, the patriarch Ervil used his own children and wives as hitmen against other children and wives who had fallen out of favor. This sort of inter-family violence is also taboo, but was just business as usual in the LeBaron family.

If Ervil LeBaron and Marcus Wesson could convince their children to kill and be killed and to rape and be raped through family ties and religion, it's not that hard to see how the Ardnt parents could convince their sons to live like perpetual twelve-year olds.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I'd love to see the floorplan of the house but it just does not exist.  When they were on TLC, they gave a tour and I seem to recall, there are like at least 3 boys bedrooms and Wizzy has her own.  Someone else might have more specifics.

No floor plan, but the oldest 4 brothers share sleeping and work space on the third floor.

All other bedrooms are on the second floor.

Mommy and Daddy have a relatively small looking master suite.

Mary has her own room.

That leaves 9 brothers, split between either 2 or 3 bedrooms.  I have seen photos of at least one of these rooms with what appears to be two sets of bunk beds.  Complete with matching comforters and window valances with little smiling stars and moons on them.   

It's possible they have crammed 5 adults and teen boys into one room with bunk beds and a trundle.  Or maybe there are 5 bedrooms on the second floor.  Dunno, but looking at it four seems makes more sense.  Dad also has his own office space on the second floor somewhere.  There are also a couple more bathrooms.

Another Arndt mystery -  How do all of these brothers manage to tolerate each other?  My two brothers shared one large basement room and they nearly killed each other once a day.   (neat freak/slob)  But at least the oldest left at 18.  These guys have been living together for ages.

15 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

...snip...

Another Arndt mystery -  How do all of these brothers manage to tolerate each other?  My two brothers shared one large basement room and they nearly killed each other once a day.   (neat freak/slob)  But at least the oldest left at 18.  These guys have been living together for ages.

No kidding. I have 2 adult sons living at home sharing a room. They tolerate each other, but they don't spend much time together. They have both been away at different times for college and seasonal work, and both really enjoyed having a room to themselves. One has plans for moving out as soon as funds have been aquired. I can't imagine this lasting long term, and adding in another ten adult males? Insanity. 

17 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The best way to understand what I'm trying to say is to think of the Ardnts not as a family in the usual sense, but as a cult where all the members happened to be related. When family and cult meld together, the members end up doing all kinds of things that would be considered strange or even taboo in a normal family. A really extreme example is that of Marcus Wesson, a man who created a bizarre Christian vampire cult within his own large brood of children. He committed incest with his nieces, step and biological daughters, whom he considered "sister wives," and they gave birth to at least ten children between them. When several of his nieces tried to leave and take their children with them, Wesson forced a mass murder-suicide that resulted in the deaths of nine people, including seven children under the age of ten who were the product of incest:

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/wesson-marcus.htm

Incest is one of the oldest and universal taboos in human history, yet this man was able to not only normalize the practice in his family-cult, but make it seem like it was practically a sacrament. Due to the incestuous nature of many fundamentalist Mormon groups, I think they could also be considered family-cults as well. One such Mormon family-cult, the LeBarons, killed so many people, both within and outside of the family, using that the make the Manson family look like a Sunday school group:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervil_LeBaron 

In the case of the LeBarons, the patriarch Ervil used his own children and wives as hitmen against other children and wives who had fallen out of favor. This sort of inter-family violence is also taboo, but was just business as usual in the LeBaron family.

If Ervil LeBaron and Marcus Wesson could convince their children to kill and be killed and to rape and be raped through family ties and religion, it's not that hard to see how the Ardnt parents could convince their sons to live like perpetual twelve-year olds.

The differences to me are that the Arndts are not isolated, they go out into the world regularly for recreation and work. They are men, not women or children, and quite strapping at that. I know mental intimidation is real, but any of those older boys could whip Rick in a physical confrontation if it came to that. They also seem to have had pretty good homeschooling educations. I'd say at least as good as those gained at an average public high school. 

In these cases of extreme family cults, the victims are incredibly dependent financially, isolated from the world, and are sexually and physically threatened. We know two of those factors aren't present with the Arndts, and I have serious doubts about the third. Any of the older Arndt boys could break away, get a modest studio apartment, and make his own way as a court reporter/photographer/waiter. And the manboys must know it, since they go out into the world everyday and see that it's not something to be scared of, they earn money and get hired for jobs and so know they have in demand job skills, and are probably in better shape than half the guys they meet out in Non-Arndt World. 

Steve Maxwell's daughters? I get it.

John Arndt? It does not compute.

O M G

I cannot wait if this actually happens!!

Jan 31:

It is possible that the Holy Spirit is nudging us to resume the FamTeam online community (in the form of message boards) that once graced our website.  The old message boards ended about nine years ago.  We all have good memories of the old message boards!

Jan 31:

I have been musing and praying about the idea of a FamTeam zone or “room” that would include some sort of private message board feature — a place in which a closely-knit Christian community could be developed.  We will continue to wait upon the Holy Spirit.

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

O M G

I cannot wait if this actually happens!!

Jan 31:

It is possible that the Holy Spirit is nudging us to resume the FamTeam online community (in the form of message boards) that once graced our website.  The old message boards ended about nine years ago.  We all have good memories of the old message boards!

Jan 31:

I have been musing and praying about the idea of a FamTeam zone or “room” that would include some sort of private message board feature — a place in which a closely-knit Christian community could be developed.  We will continue to wait upon the Holy Spirit.

I feel the Lord leading me to this community.

How does one know if the Holy Spirit has arrived? Does it ring the doorbell, sound a trumpet, sneak up behind you and yell "boo"? 

19 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

How does one know if the Holy Spirit has arrived? Does it ring the doorbell, sound a trumpet, sneak up behind you and yell "boo"? 

Well Rick says that the Holy Spirit has been "nudging" him, so I guess he's waiting for a shove?  

I never knew that they used to have message boards, I wonder how active they were.  I know in Rick's early diary days, he talks about how Mark would "chat" with other Christians on the internet.  There has to be some sort of Vine Valley connection to all this, I'm waiting for it.  Maybe he'll release a trailer and solicit feedback.

Dad posted this at 7:30 last night.

Jude has been in southern Illinois for the day.  He has been visiting some friends who live down there.  He called Cathy a short time ago and told her that he is on his way home.

I really, really hope Jude had a good time with friends.  Drank a few beers, flirted with some women.

And it was very considerate of him to call Cathy at 7 pm and let her know he's on his way home.   But he's nearly 29.  

I wonder how many times he had to check in during his visit.

4 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Dad posted this at 7:30 last night.

I really, really hope Jude had a good time with friends.  Drank a few beers, flirted with some women.

And it was very considerate of him to call Cathy at 7 pm and let her know he's on his way home.   But he's nearly 29.  

I wonder how many times he had to check in during his visit.

In the same diary entry, he wrote this cryptic blurb:

I drove into Belleville this morning at about 8:50 (in order to visit a funeral home), and returned home in time for a late-morning appointment.  (Cathy and I welcomed a pair of visitors who were delivering some paperwork to us. )

Why was he visiting a funeral home at 9 AM on a Saturday?  Did someone die?

Who was this "pair of visitors" with mysterious paperwork?

Bizarre!

23 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I drove into Belleville this morning at about 8:50 (in order to visit a funeral home), and returned home in time for a late-morning appointment.  (Cathy and I welcomed a pair of visitors who were delivering some paperwork to us. )

Bizarre!

Don't know about the Mysterious Strangers, but someone they know apparently did die because Paul and Cathy went to a wake, the evening before I believe. 

On 3 February 2016 at 0:51 AM, MatthewDuggar said:

Well Rick says that the Holy Spirit has been "nudging" him, so I guess he's waiting for a shove?  

I never knew that they used to have message boards, I wonder how active they were.  I know in Rick's early diary days, he talks about how Mark would "chat" with other Christians on the internet.  There has to be some sort of Vine Valley connection to all this, I'm waiting for it.  Maybe he'll release a trailer and solicit feedback.

A hussy posted the word Fuck on the message board so Ricky closed them down. 

4 hours ago, johnhugh said:

A hussy posted the word Fuck on the message board so Ricky closed them down. 

:tw_dizzy:

I have a long ago memory of something about one of the manboys regularly communicating with a young lady who turned out to be not what she seemed.  Don't remember any details though.

If Rick is actually thinking of reviving a message board, there almost certainly is a Vine Valley connection.  I can almost see one of the manboys, desperate for communication with the nameless, faceless potential girlfriends/wives on the other side of the Famteam webpage suggesting it during a brainstorming-prayer session. "Dad, Jesus just told me a message board would be an awesome way to share the good news of Vine Valley!" 

Luke will celebrate his birthday tomorrow.  Cathy and I will treat him to a meal, and enjoy some time with him!

Happy Birthday Luke!  What no "day before your birthday" song?

21 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Have they ever shown a snippet of Vine Valley? 

Yes, ask and you shall receive:

13 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Bizarre!

Talk about scheduling.  He'd put the Maxhells' to shame.  And Matthew....Let's be more precise, please.  :giggle:

53 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

How in Gawd's name did I miss this cinematic masterpiece!  :laughing-rolling:  

Oh @MatthewDuggar, how I love you so. Well, I will give them credit for the cinematography being very good. Other than that, it looks like a bad Nicholas Sparks movie. I couldn't even understand what they said at the end as the music was too loud. Did the dog only have three legs? I feel he was the best and cutest actor in the movie. I also feel as though Papa Ardnt was looking like a thinner Jeb Bush. I need to see the rest of this movie. I love train wrecks. 

I do feel that I need Cathy's coat. 

On 2/3/2016 at 6:51 PM, MatthewDuggar said:

Maybe he'll release a trailer and solicit feedback.

From your mouth to God's...err...Rick's ears.

On 2/3/2016 at 6:29 PM, AnywhereButHere said:

He used to yell 'boo' back when he was the Holy Ghost - but since he's the kinder/gentler Spirit now he dropped that along with the white sheet.

9 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Oh @MatthewDuggar, how I love you so. Well, I will give them credit for the cinematography being very good. Other than that, it looks like a bad Nicholas Sparks movie. I couldn't even understand what they said at the end as the music was too loud. Did the dog only have three legs? I feel he was the best and cutest actor in the movie. I also feel as though Papa Ardnt was looking like a thinner Jeb Bush. I need to see the rest of this movie. I love train wrecks. 

I do feel that I need Cathy's coat. 

As do I.  I've never seen Star Wars or any of the Godfather's but my God I need to see this movie.

They posted this 9-minute stinker clip 4 years ago. It is overwhelmingly bad acting, awful scripting, such a boring plot, with an annoyingly loud, repetitive sound track. How could they have looked at what they produced here and said "That's great! Let's pour our whole family's lives into making more of the same for the next number of years"?? I realize they are not trying in any way to produce an entertaining action movie; they are trying to produce a thoughtful film, but if all perspective was lost 4 years ago, they are way beyond it now. It wouldn't even have been selected as one of the "finalists" in Dougie's ol' San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival picks.

When people only enjoy something because they are making fun of it, it's time to move on with your endeavors.

Am I the only one really wanting to know what the damn note said?

I bet it said "Bill for medical advice: to pay me back you must eat one piece of fruit a day until the basket is empty."

2 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Thank you for posting the clip.  Did anyone else see a pop-up ad for contraceptives?  Best part of the show, lol! 

42 minutes ago, Pastors Daughter said:

They posted this 9-minute stinker clip 4 years ago. It is overwhelmingly bad acting, awful scripting, such a boring plot, with an annoyingly loud, repetitive sound track. How could they have looked at what they produced here and said "That's great! Let's pour our whole family's lives into making more of the same for the next number of years"?? I realize they are not trying in any way to produce an entertaining action movie; they are trying to produce a thoughtful film, but if all perspective was lost 4 years ago, they are way beyond it now. It wouldn't even have been selected as one of the "finalists" in Dougie's ol' San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival picks.

When people only enjoy something because they are making fun of it, it's time to move on with your endeavors.

They have probably already re-filmed these scenes, possibly more than once.   Every time they upgrade cameras, Rick has an excuse to re-do old footage because the new cameras are so much better that the footage looks different.  Not to mention the fact that the aging of the actors is likely to present some major continuity problems.

I don't think they realize that most people "following" them are fascinated by their weirdness and/or snarking on them.   I suppose Rick might have an inkling but he probably is convinced he can save souls via Vine Valley.  The souls of silly librul eggheads like Joseph Green who can't walk ten feet in three inches of snow without pratfalling all over the place.

Just now, JenniferJuniper said:

They have probably already re-filmed these scenes, possibly more than once.   Every time they upgrade cameras, Rick has an excuse to re-do old footage because the new cameras are so much better that the footage looks different.  Not to mention the fact that the aging of the actors is likely to present some major continuity problems.

I don't think they realize that most people "following" them are fascinated by their weirdness and/or snarking on them.   I suppose Rick might have an inkling but he probably is convinced he can save souls via Vine Valley.  The souls of silly librul eggheads like Joseph Green who can't walk ten feet in three inches of snow without pratfalling all over the place.

True. A little Chevy Chase in the snow would have helped here.

4 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I have a long ago memory of something about one of the manboys regularly communicating with a young lady who turned out to be not what she seemed.  Don't remember any details though.

If Rick is actually thinking of reviving a message board, there almost certainly is a Vine Valley connection.  I can almost see one of the manboys, desperate for communication with the nameless, faceless potential girlfriends/wives on the other side of the Famteam webpage suggesting it during a brainstorming-prayer session. "Dad, Jesus just told me a message board would be an awesome way to share the good news of Vine Valley!" 

I sure hope the BatDork (Sam Cooper/Jackie Overton, aka Catfisher extraordinaire) doesn't get wind of this.  She could really wreak some havoc on a family of man boys.

Archived