IGNORED

FamTeam Update

JenniferJuniper

Since they don't really post much publicly any more, here's part of Dad's diary entry for today.

While on the road today, Paul and I talked — mused — about the possible ways in which God might choose to distribute the finisheVine Valley movie.  We agreed on the idea that nearly everything in the world of media is undergoing a rapid transformation, and that that transformation phase is likely to continue.  According to one source, the Internet will soon pass the medium of television as the most common avenue of communication.

Still filming and no distribution plans provided by God yet.  Brilliant observation about the internet!  Perhaps by 2020 we can look forward to a streaming pay-per-view 10 hour extravaganza of hills and valleys and rivers and Daddy Arndt at assorted ages stumbling around in the snow.

And things are moving more rapidly in their lives!   Although how can one tell how fast a glacier is moving?  I wonder which two are getting antsy?

The eldest 10 guys joined Cathy and me for a tremendously fruitful discussion last night.  We came together in the living room at about 30 minutes before midnight.  We decided to keep the ceiling lights off so that we could enjoy the the Christmas tree and fireplace more fully.

After settling in, the 12 of us talked and prayed for about 90 minutes, laying hands upon two of the guys who had expressed specific needs.
God seems to be moving at a swifter-than-usual pace as of late, and is asking each of us to toss aside any burdens that are interfering with His perfect plan for each life.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After settling in, the 12 of us talked and prayed for about 90 minutes, laying hands upon two of the guys who had expressed specific needs.
God seems to be moving at a swifter-than-usual pace as of late, and is asking each of us to toss aside any burdens that are interfering with His perfect plan for each life.

Translation: two guys expressed concern that their lives were going nowhere and the rest of the family had to perform some mind control tactics on them to make sure they stayed inline and at home. 

Interesting that it was a meeting with the 10 eldest - that's all the adults "kids" but Wizzy. I'm sure a lot of the guys are getting scared watching their elder brothers languish at home year after year, just getting older and nothing happening to them. 

Thanks for this.  This family has intrigued me since I started liking on FJ.  I kind of understand why baptist Fundies act as they do, but the Arndts are a whole other world of amazement.

I wonder what the needs of the 2 boy/men were?  To leave home and live productive, independent lives with a woman their own age?

2 minutes ago, Pseudoname said:

Thanks for this.  This family has intrigued me since I started liking on FJ.  I kind of understand why baptist Fundies act as they do, but the Arndts are a whole other world of amazement.

I wonder what the needs of the 2 boy/men were?  To leave home and live productive, independent lives with a woman their own age?

That's the thing, what kind of burdens can the manboys have aside from perpetual sexual frustration and perhaps depression over the 25, 30, or 35 years of total monotony and parental control?   

4 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

That's the thing, what kind of burdens can the manboys have aside from perpetual sexual frustration and perhaps depression over the 25, 30, or 35 years of total monotony and parental control?   

Not having wives?  Though that's probably a euphemism for terminal horniness.

Totally unrelated to anything in this thread because the Arndts freak me out, but JenniferJuniper, is that the brilliant Phil Ochs I see?

5 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Totally unrelated to anything in this thread because the Arndts freak me out, but JenniferJuniper, is that the brilliant Phil Ochs I see?

It is indeed.  In honor of what would have been his 75th birthday yesterday.

3 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

It is indeed.  In honor of what would have been his 75th birthday yesterday.

I had the honor of seeing him play at my high school, of all places, the weekend before Kent State and its still one of most incredible performances I've ever seen. Absolutely galvanizing. Boy, we could use him now. Music for our times.

1 minute ago, sparkles said:

I had the honor of seeing him play at my high school, of all places, the weekend before Kent State and its still one of most incredible performances I've ever seen. Absolutely galvanizing. Boy, we could use him now. Music for our times.

I am so jealous.  I first heard his voice four years after he died, but his music has had a huge impact on me.

Phil could not only write beautiful melodies with spot-on lyrics, he was flat-out prescient. And because I know Daddy Arndt reads the topics about the famteam out here, in response to all of his right-wing bullshit links, I provide this for his reading enjoyment.  

phil.png

1 hour ago, urban teacher said:

I would so love a tell all book by an Arndt breaking free! Call it Breaking Bear Penguin!

fixed that for ya. 

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Since they don't really post much publicly any more, here's part of Dad's diary entry for today.

Still filming and no distribution plans provided by God yet.  Brilliant observation about the internet!  Perhaps by 2020 we can look forward to a streaming pay-per-view 10 hour extravaganza of hills and valleys and rivers and Daddy Arndt at assorted ages stumbling around in the snow.

And things are moving more rapidly in their lives!   Although how can one tell how fast a glacier is moving?  I wonder which two are getting antsy?

God help me but I'll watch all 10 hours of it...and post here trying to lure you all to waste 10 hours of your lives watching it with me.  Online viewing party.  

Im not a movie person.  I've never seen any of the Star Wars, never saw the Godfather, Casablanca...nothing.  But I'll take off work to see this.  It's like I need closure from seeing all the behind the scenes stuff.

2 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

fixed that for ya. 

I got a message that a certain store near me had a ton of penguin themed Christmas stuff so Mr. Buffy went over there to clean them out because penguins are my across as theme but not one was left when he got there.  The shelves had been emptied of penguins.  

Anyone know if the Arndts has a wedding in the Chicago area this weekend?  If so maybe they got the same heads up and got their just before my husband and left me nothing.

Wait, so the super important mind control meeting happened in the living room instead of the master bedroom?  Times really are a-changin' at the Arndt homestead. And as a bonus, now we know what happens if you express any problems in that family, you get groped by your parents and brothers.  I just don't understand these people, you would think one of them would have broken free by now, or at least insisted on marriage to someone.  Anyone.

52 minutes ago, AbandonAllHope said:

Wait, so the super important mind control meeting happened in the living room instead of the master bedroom?

They are ten big fellas now.  It doesn't look like that big a bedroom; they might not all fit in there.

Interesting that Mary Elizabeth, the only other adult in the household, was excluded while Mommy was included. I'm guessing the meeting was focused on guy stuff, which is why Mary wasn't invited. So why was Cathy involved?  Maybe because she plays a very big role in the mind-controlling?

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

They are ten big fellas now.  It doesn't look like that big a bedroom; they might not all fit in there.

Interesting that Mary Elizabeth, the only other adult in the household, was excluded while Mommy was included. I'm guessing the meeting was focused on guy stuff, which is why Mary wasn't invited. So why was Cathy involved?  Maybe because she plays a very big role in the mind-controlling?

Good point, but I'm still sort of surprised they don't try to pile onto the bed together, somehow.  I wonder why Wizzy wasn't included, too, but hopefully she's out somewhere having a life.  I do think Cathy plays a big role in the mind-control.  That old picture of her with her hand on the lower belly of whichever birthday boy they were celebrating just screamed control! (and also, creepy!).  Also, maybe she has to hear the boys describe their struggles so she can decide exactly how much saltpeter to give each one.

13 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm still holding out hope that God's swiftly moving plans includes a triple wedding! 

Wouldn't that be nice. I still don't understand why any of the older ones aren't married. 

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

God help me but I'll watch all 10 hours of it...and post here trying to lure you all to waste 10 hours of your lives watching it with me.  Online viewing party.  

Im not a movie person.  I've never seen any of the Star Wars, never saw the Godfather, Casablanca...nothing.  But I'll take off work to see this.  It's like I need closure from seeing all the behind the scenes stuff.

I got a message that a certain store near me had a ton of penguin themed Christmas stuff so Mr. Buffy went over there to clean them out because penguins are my across as theme but not one was left when he got there.  The shelves had been emptied of penguins.  

Anyone know if the Arndts has a wedding in the Chicago area this weekend?  If so maybe they got the same heads up and got their just before my husband and left me nothing.

I would watch it too. They have devoted so much of their life to this, I want to see it. 

9 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

WE ARE THE ARNDT/BORG. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

11 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Love ya, kid, but I will just wait anxiously for the recap. Cathy with her cape and breadbasket makes me stabby ;)

14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If horniness is the problem, a laying on of hands from nine brothers, dad, and mom should nip it in the bud for awhile.  Hopefully.

It depends on what kind of laying on of hands...

Archived