IGNORED

Visiting feline niece and nephew this weekend

47of74

Down in St. Louis this weekend visiting my sister and brother in law, along with my fur niece and nephew Maggie (the grey fluffy one) and Marvel (the young shorthair). 

IMG_6762.thumb.jpg.f8a663b3e6783031bcbfeIMG_6766.thumb.jpg.1deb86d5769e4b7e4f2f7

Both cats were happy to see me since I brought them toys.  Marvel got a string toy and Maggie got that little green cricket. 

Aw, they are both adorable!  And how can you not appreciate how easy feline fur kids are to please in the toy department?  Enjoy yourself with them. :) 

Ah, those are sweeties! That little cricket looks fun.

My stepdaughter rescued two two Asian shorthairs in August.  I went to a pet store to find something to send along and ended up with a bubble blower and a catnip thing that is dispensed like a gluestick or a giant chapstick.  Hard to find things when you know they are already spoiled rotten with all manner of things that kitties like, but a little cricket looks fun so I'll keep an eye out for one or two. 

On 12/5/2015, 1:15:54, AreteJo said:

Aw, they are both adorable!  And how can you not appreciate how easy feline fur kids are to please in the toy department?  Enjoy yourself with them. :) 

I always manage my own expectations when it comes to feline reaction to my gifts.  If they like the toys great but if not that's OK too.

Once right before Christmas I crinkled wrapping paper into balls and crocheted a small disk with yarn loops placed randomly for my cat's Christmas Day.  Whole business took less than half an hour, all from stuff in my place, kitty went NUTS.  I was still finding crinkled wrapping paper in May.

My cats really picky about her toys.... Granted she's 12 but still it's a bit frustrating, trying to figure out what she likes.

A live catnip plant makes a good present. Only make sure you have a secure enough spot, or that thing will be GONE.

They are both beauties! I've only had short haired kitties, myself. I admire the long haired cats but fear taking care of those gorgeous coats. Great pics. Love that cricket toy, as well. :)

On 12/9/2015 at 8:17 PM, SledCat said:

They are both beauties! I've only had short haired kitties, myself. I admire the long haired cats but fear taking care of those gorgeous coats. Great pics. Love that cricket toy, as well. :)

My sister said she doesn't have too much a problem with Maggie's coat, that Maggie is able to keep it fairly clean on her own.  She doesn't usually have to brush the coat.

My later fur niece Morgan also had a nice coat, but she ran into problems later on keeping it neat and clean.  It got to where my sister would take Morgan in to get her coat shaved once a year.  Morgan had to be sedated every time for the procedure but afterwards really liked being a shorthair, she seemed happier not to have that coat with its attendant knots.  It's going to be 3 years next month since Morgan went over the rainbow bridge, I still miss her.

1.jpg

@47of74  What a lovely photo of Morgan. How beautiful she was. And, she looks like quite the character, too! :) 

My very old bridge kitty (who had short hair) neglected her coat when she was older too, and would get knots in it. They were fairly easily removed, but I didn't realize until my vet mentioned it that they can be uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, SledCat said:

@47of74  What a lovely photo of Morgan. How beautiful she was. And, she looks like quite the character, too! :) 

My very old bridge kitty (who had short hair) neglected her coat when she was older too, and would get knots in it. They were fairly easily removed, but I didn't realize until my vet mentioned it that they can be uncomfortable.

Oh yes Morgan was quite the character.  She could take a piece out of someone if she was in a bad mood, but overall she was a sweetie.  When my sister did pharmacy rotations Morgan lived with me for several months.  She was a little grumpy at first but after about three days she settled down and was a sweetheart the rest of the time.

• 1 month later...

Archived