IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 3

happy atheist

Well, people have pointed out her shitty spelling before, and she countered with, "I don't have time to learn to spell."

Because it's not important at all that a person in charge of nine other people's education know the difference between "straight" and "strait" or "wry" and "rye." 

Just for fun- what are your favorite Erika-isms?

I'll go with rye for wry, merry jane for mary jane, and stirofome for styrofoam. 

Oh and Coco for cocoa, of course. *chuckle*

Well, it's not a misspelling but I like it when she reminds us that skirts only are all about the crotch. I find myself singing:

You know it's all about the crotch

'bout the crotch....no trousers. 

Yes its's all about the crotch

'bout the crotch...no trousers...

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has she...googled the words "Merry jane"? Christ. 

:laughing-rolling: I hope she does!  But she probably won't, because it's Erika and everything she does is totally fine, and she doesn't have time to google, or spell, or write new blog posts, or give anyone advice (all the answers are in the Bible anyway *duh*).

Just finished my tree. Looks great, outside on the terrace, but somehow 85 - 90 degree temperature doesn't quite compute, despite the years I've lived in this climate!

No tree, and can't have a real menorah because of fire prevention rules in my housing. Guess I gotta go scour London for an LED one.

Has she...googled the words "Merry jane"? Christ. 

I haven't and am unfamiliar with the meaning.  Is this something I dare Google?

I haven't and am unfamiliar with the meaning.  Is this something I dare Google?

It's not dirty or sexual. It's drug related though.

Ok so I googled it.  In that case, I want nothing more than a bunch of people looking for the other site to comment on her blog saying this wasn't what they were looking for, and telling her to relax and smoke pot.

Can we talk about the post Erika linked to from Generation Cedar?    http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2015/12/what-to-remember-when-you-are-hurting-my-confession.html

It's all about keeping the faith when confronted with "difficult" children. The comments are a bit horrific, including one woman who says she's been "in a hard place with 4 of [her] 9 children for 10 years now."  Erika's comment was the articulate, "Mmm..so simple; so good..." but I wonder which child/ren is/are identified as "difficult" or "tough."   

It's also terribly sad to imagine all the kids trapped in these fundie households with stressed out mothers who deem them "difficult."  

"Mmm..so simple; so good..." 

This annoys the crap out of me for some reason.  Didn't she say the same thing about her godawful "Coco" recipe?  I think I'm going to start responding to everything that way too, why not? I can take all that saved time and use it to make a schedule for my cat, who's clearly enjoying life too much.  *cheer*

5 hours ago, AbandonAllHope said:

I can take all that saved time and use it to make a schedule for my cat, who's clearly enjoying life too much.  *cheer*

Mmm... Might I suggest setting up activities that you rotate kitty through every 60 minutes. Set a timer so you don't forget. This way kitty is happily occupied and you can get other work done. If you get confused on how to do this, please refer to the Maxwells' Managers of Their Cats. *squeeze hugs*

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Mmm... Might I suggest setting up activities that you rotate kitty through every 60 minutes. 

Mmm..so simple; so good. She doesn't have the attention span to stick with something for 60 minutes, though.  Perhaps some biblical spanking would motivate her, or the occasional jellybean of MY choosing?  If that fails I can get takeout from the Olive Garden and not give her any. She hates that. *rye smile*

image.jpg

21 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Can we talk about the post Erika linked to from Generation Cedar?    http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2015/12/what-to-remember-when-you-are-hurting-my-confession.html

It's all about keeping the faith when confronted with "difficult" children. The comments are a bit horrific, including one woman who says she's been "in a hard place with 4 of [her] 9 children for 10 years now."  Erika's comment was the articulate, "Mmm..so simple; so good..." but I wonder which child/ren is/are identified as "difficult" or "tough."   

It's also terribly sad to imagine all the kids trapped in these fundie households with stressed out mothers who deem them "difficult."  

Does that GC article actually say anything useful? or anything at all? There are words arranged in sentences, but there doesn't seem to be anything remotely resembling substance. What's "...so good" about it? Anyone?

I think Erika has hinted at Karen being her problem child in the past. Somehow I'm not surprised. I'd be a problem if I had to be a surrogate mom as a teenager too.

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

I think Erika has hinted at Karen being her problem child in the past. Somehow I'm not surprised. I'd be a problem if I had to be a surrogate mom as a teenager too.

Karen was the one I had in mind, too.  I also wonder about her boys.  They seem to be one large undifferentiated male mass, but she did mention that some boys were more rambunctious than others, requiring extra defenses to maintain the Shupe's tip-top fortress.  

@Seven Severn I completely agree with you about the GC article.  There was no real information there.  Maybe the message was just to pray more...I guess?  And then God will take care of all the "problems" in the children, I suppose. 

11 hours ago, Seven Severn said:

Does that GC article actually say anything useful? or anything at all? There are words arranged in sentences, but there doesn't seem to be anything remotely resembling substance. What's "...so good" about it? Anyone?

I feel this way every time Erika shares a Generation Cedar article. There is going to be a line telling weary mama to pray. That's about it. No matter the topic. And Erika acts as though it's insightful and poignant every time. As far as I can tell, they've never said much of anything. These fundie women don't seem to read any new perspectives on life ever, it's just the same recycled ideas of pray to God while you are popping out babies and following your husband. Because Bible verse. The end.

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I feel this way every time Erika shares a Generation Cedar article. There is going to be a line telling weary mama to pray. That's about it. No matter the topic. And Erika acts as though it's insightful and poignant every time. As far as I can tell, they've never said much of anything. These fundie women don't seem to read any new perspectives on life ever, it's just the same recycled ideas of pray to God while you are popping out babies and following your husband. Because Bible verse. The end.

Well, it's pretty much impossible to have a creative, imaginative spark in you if you're a fundie- particularly if you're second generation. Since none of them can think of anything particularly poignant, they just write the same old garbage over and over again, pretending it's something new. Sometimes I really feel for those fundie women- they write a lot about "crying out to God" at all hours of the day and night. Their misery is palpable through my computer screen, no matter how many joyful moments they write about.

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Well, it's pretty much impossible to have a creative, imaginative spark in you if you're a fundie- particularly if you're second generation. Since none of them can think of anything particularly poignant, they just write the same old garbage over and over again, pretending it's something new. Sometimes I really feel for those fundie women- they write a lot about "crying out to God" at all hours of the day and night. Their misery is palpable through my computer screen, no matter how many joyful moments they write about.

If they are actually crying to God every time they say they are, I don't know how they get done even the most basic of human functions.

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

If they are actually crying to God every time they say they are, I don't know how they get done even the most basic of human functions.

Well, John Boehner wept continuously as Speaker of the House and still got um....things done.

4 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Well, John Boehner wept continuously as Speaker of the House and still got um....things done.

Well, I've been known to cry when members of the tea party start sharing their wisdom as well.  Maybe that was part of it.  Boehner's still an ass, though, and Paul Ryan is probably worse, imo.

I have to confess, I have nothing to add to this thread at the moment other than this:

1. Erika Shupe is an awful woman.

2. While we were at the shelter, I sure missed the "*grim rictus*" in the thread title.

Back to our regularly scheduled snarking. 

I have to wonder what she did to break the "difficult" kids. If they're now the perfect little mini-Erika's she wants...something bad must have happened to make that change. Because we all know Erika doesn't subscribe to gentle parenting.

I also really love grim rictus. Rictus is an awesome word. Just putting it into google presents you with all sorts of great word combinations. I like the very first example, "rictus of repulsion."

4 hours ago, lawlifelgbt said:

I have to wonder what she did to break the "difficult" kids. If they're now the perfect little mini-Erika's she wants...something bad must have happened to make that change. Because we all know Erika doesn't subscribe to gentle parenting.

I honestly think they give her hell as often as they have energy to do so. She loves to show off her perfect moments but I frankly think that she struggles quite a lot some days. 

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived